The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2013, 12:10 PM   #2326
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Reid is easily the best HC you guys have had since Marty, .
Vermeil was better than Reid I know it is nitpicking. Your right he needs the mullet to go with the pushbroom.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:53 PM   #2327
Inkana7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Unless they can also re-animate Jim Johnson, I don't see this hire bring the Chiefs to the promised land.
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:30 PM   #2328
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:48 PM   #2329
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

pretty gay stuff Bob, but then again you know this.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:32 AM   #2330
Pick Six
Armchair Poster

Good humor always has some element of truth. This is a profootballmock parody of the Eagles' losing ways, back in October. If Reid handles the Chiefs the same way, it's going to be hilarious...

http://profootballmock.com/andy-reid...-a-super-bowl/
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:16 PM   #2331
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

SB50 CHAMPION BRONCOS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
10 years? Reid was 3 minutes away from going to SB in 2009. That's not deep in the playoffs?

Reid is basically the same hire as John Fox, just different philosophies. Both did very well with their previous teams. Went to the SB and lost to the Pats.

In Philly, there was a power struggle the last few years. Giving Reid power back is the smart idea. It's what helped him be successful.
Reid is bringing baggage to a team with it's share of baggage already. Fox went from a team that wouldn't spend money or support him, Reid had power stripped from him because he was failing.

It will be interesting to see what he does about the QB situation and if he can motivate a team and not have them quit on him again.

Like I said before I wonder if he doesn't try to plug some other holes like OL or WR 1st then move back up to get one of the lame QB's in this years draft. Who knows he might keep Cassel and maybe pull a trade for Kolb or Flynn and go Vet at QB. I would love to see him aquire Kolb and try to win with him!
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:24 AM   #2332
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

SB50 CHAMPION BRONCOS!

Who does kFc play today?
Old 01-12-2013, 10:29 AM   #2333
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:53 PM   #2334
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
alfred e numan

Quote:
Who does kFc play today?
you silly boy there is no team there just some jr varsity high school team that won a contest to play in a real nfl game
DAN_BRONCO_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:24 PM   #2335
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
Pretty good, I'll have to admit.

My favorite part was Bowe's thumbs up in the board room. Hopefully they will be making another one of these about Big Andy in a few years.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:45 AM   #2336
CrazyCoffey
Nobody Important

Checking out the Infamous OangeMane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brady Quinn

this thread, still?
CrazyCoffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:18 AM   #2337
Banana Pants
Imagine the Possibilities

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Who does kFc play today?
Hey, you guys get them next week. Better start studying up.
Banana Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:11 PM   #2338
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

It's funny how the universe works. Karma is a powerful thing, no?

Broncosteven goes on for almost 4 months bumping this thread daily to make fun of a struggling team, efficiently making an art of "beating a dead horse" and laughing at a team in constant disarray.

Kaylore makes this thread and calls it epic and does the same.

Drunkenbroncoholic (I believe this is your name) says he wants to taste the tears of Chiefs fans.

How fitting that the Broncos lose the most agonizing game in not only their history, but also one of the worst in NFL playoff history, Kaylore gets absolute owned by his Joe Flacco and Raven comments and this board is crying sweet Bronco tears that could quench the thirst of every creature in the Sahara desert.

Karma is a powerful thing and you learned that the hard way.

KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:15 PM   #2339
orangeatheist
Champion of the Godless

Can we give KCDud a perma-ban? Just for being such a round-the-clock epic douche?
orangeatheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:39 PM   #2340
colorado jones
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

KCSTUD-
If karma indeed works how you are describing, things may end badly for you based upon your post below:
"Things Bronco fans do:

-Form a plan to shoot and kill kids in a school.

-Form a plan to shoot and kill people at a midnight premiere.

-Form a plan to boobytrap their apartment so when police come in it explodes.

-Finding excuses not to give the death sentence to anyone that deserves it."

No one will miss you.

Last edited by colorado jones; 01-13-2013 at 03:41 PM.. Reason: .
colorado jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:15 PM   #2341
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

SB50 CHAMPION BRONCOS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
It's funny how the universe works. Karma is a powerful thing, no?

Broncosteven goes on for almost 4 months bumping this thread daily to make fun of a struggling team, efficiently making an art of "beating a dead horse" and laughing at a team in constant disarray.

Kaylore makes this thread and calls it epic and does the same.

Drunkenbroncoholic (I believe this is your name) says he wants to taste the tears of Chiefs fans.

How fitting that the Broncos lose the most agonizing game in not only their history, but also one of the worst in NFL playoff history, Kaylore gets absolute owned by his Joe Flacco and Raven comments and this board is crying sweet Bronco tears that could quench the thirst of every creature in the Sahara desert.

Karma is a powerful thing and you learned that the hard way.

I am content with not being the worst team in the NFL and being a perennial playoff team. I have seen my favorite teams win Championships in my life time. I will not, not post something because I fear I will anger the "Karma" god.

The fact that Denver dropped a hard fought DIVISIONAL playoff game that will be remembered for ages as a well contested game (when the officials weren't impacting it) does not suddenly make kFc not the worst team in the NFL and all the points we made about how bad they sucked wrong.

Not holding a lead for over 8 weeks is EPIC bad and we saw it coming in April. Those of us that posted in this thread about how bad of a failure your team is, were and, continue to be, right.

Personally I didn't expect the Broncos to go 13-3 and have the #1 seed in the playoffs. I expected they would need a season to break in Manning before contending for a SB, having the #1 seed and losing only showed this team that it still needed a few pieces to get to the next level and that they need to work that much harder to get to the AFC Championship game and beyond.

To think my posts went against "Karma" and were the reason we lost is insane.

Your team clearly sucked and we clearly won 13 games this year, it would take kFc 3 years to win that number of games.

We had 3 coverage break downs by our safeties in one game. The officiating was a disgrace to the NFL. We are still light years better than anything kFc will feebly field next year. I will have fond memories of sweeping the division and the 11 game win streak. You get to remember blowout after blowout and your players committing heinous acts.

The one thing that experiencing the 1996 loss to the Jags taught me was that nothing I can do impacts the pay of my team. Losing a close game that should have been won in the playoffs is not worth being upset for weeks on end or losing sleep over. I learned how to not overreact and ruin a couple weeks over something I have no control over. I learned to appreciate the game for what it was, an exciting game we had the chance to win. I learned back in 1997 that it is much better to have been there and lost and on the cusp of winning a SB than having the 1st overall pick in the draft. I can appreciate the 8-8 divisional championship as much as the 13-3 divisional championship. I learned that nothing is given to the 1st overall seed in the playoffs, and that everything is earned. I learned to appreciate every playoff appearance because a lot of teams fans don't get to learn what I learned or experience what I have experienced.

The reason I fed this thread and kicked the dead horse that is the kFc chef's is because idiots (FearLanier the only exception) like you kept thinking kFc wasn't as bad as reality dictated. It was only until this post that you saw that your team was in constant disarray we saw it back in April. Even now you feign reality and consider kFc only a "Struggling" team and not the losers they really are. Sure lots of teams have won only 2 games in a season but you have to go back 70 years to find a team who could not hold a lead in regulation for as long as kFc did.

Yes Denver could not overcome a tough Ravens team (and a poor officiating crew), but they are far from the Historic suckage that your 2012 kFc Chiefs are and always will be remembered for.

Suck on that Studly.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:43 PM   #2342
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Casey Kreiter

, Karma. You guys must have done some seriously ****ed up **** to be in your situation.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:52 PM   #2343
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I am content with not being the worst team in the NFL and being a perennial playoff team. I have seen my favorite teams win Championships in my life time. I will not, not post something because I fear I will anger the "Karma" god.

The fact that Denver dropped a hard fought DIVISIONAL playoff game that will be remembered for ages as a well contested game (when the officials weren't impacting it) does not suddenly make kFc not the worst team in the NFL and all the points we made about how bad they sucked wrong.

Not holding a lead for over 8 weeks is EPIC bad and we saw it coming in April. Those of us that posted in this thread about how bad of a failure your team is, were and, continue to be, right.

Personally I didn't expect the Broncos to go 13-3 and have the #1 seed in the playoffs. I expected they would need a season to break in Manning before contending for a SB, having the #1 seed and losing only showed this team that it still needed a few pieces to get to the next level and that they need to work that much harder to get to the AFC Championship game and beyond.

To think my posts went against "Karma" and were the reason we lost is insane.

Your team clearly sucked and we clearly won 13 games this year, it would take kFc 3 years to win that number of games.

We had 3 coverage break downs by our safeties in one game. The officiating was a disgrace to the NFL. We are still light years better than anything kFc will feebly field next year. I will have fond memories of sweeping the division and the 11 game win streak. You get to remember blowout after blowout and your players committing heinous acts.

The one thing that experiencing the 1996 loss to the Jags taught me was that nothing I can do impacts the pay of my team. Losing a close game that should have been won in the playoffs is not worth being upset for weeks on end or losing sleep over. I learned how to not overreact and ruin a couple weeks over something I have no control over. I learned to appreciate the game for what it was, an exciting game we had the chance to win. I learned back in 1997 that it is much better to have been there and lost and on the cusp of winning a SB than having the 1st overall pick in the draft. I can appreciate the 8-8 divisional championship as much as the 13-3 divisional championship. I learned that nothing is given to the 1st overall seed in the playoffs, and that everything is earned. I learned to appreciate every playoff appearance because a lot of teams fans don't get to learn what I learned or experience what I have experienced.

The reason I fed this thread and kicked the dead horse that is the kFc chef's is because idiots (FearLanier the only exception) like you kept thinking kFc wasn't as bad as reality dictated. It was only until this post that you saw that your team was in constant disarray we saw it back in April. Even now you feign reality and consider kFc only a "Struggling" team and not the losers they really are. Sure lots of teams have won only 2 games in a season but you have to go back 70 years to find a team who could not hold a lead in regulation for as long as kFc did.

Yes Denver could not overcome a tough Ravens team (and a poor officiating crew), but they are far from the Historic suckage that your 2012 kFc Chiefs are and always will be remembered for.

Suck on that Studly.
What's funny about this is that years from now, people will look back at this season and they won't remember the Chiefs, well except you and a few others. There will be a far higher chance that people look back at the Broncos acquiring "the best FA of all time" and then him, along with your Elway safety draft pick, choking their way out of a playoff game they should have won.

It's also hilarious that Bronco fans make fun of the Chiefs for their failures in the 90's with Marty. Get used to that, because that's what your Peyton Manning run is going to mirror. It's so funny that everyone on this board says that the Chiefs seasons in the 90's were worthless, but suddenly this year for the Broncos was worthwhile?

Have fun with Marty version 2.0 and the biggest choke artist in playoff history, because you're not winning a SB with them and as soon as that's over, you're right back down to to mediocrity with Twilight running the QB show.

Say what you want, but I'll take a coach who is 11th in all-time playoff wins, has proven success turning a franchise around and has a motto of "keep firing" over a conservative scared Marty Schottenheimer clone that has a motto of "we play NOT to lose". Enjoy!

Last edited by KCStud; 01-13-2013 at 07:55 PM..
Old 01-13-2013, 09:06 PM   #2344
Rolandftw

It's funny that KCStud waits until a Broncos loss to talk trash.

Fans of 2-14 teams don't get to talk trash without sounding like idiots.

I predict has a similar meltdown to last year within a couple weeks of the 2013 season. Dunno how he can know that Denver has no shot at winning a title. They have a considerable higher shot then anyone in the division does, that's for sure.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:07 PM   #2345
Rolandftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeatheist View Post
Can we give KCDud a perma-ban? Just for being such a round-the-clock epic douche?
There'd be a lot of perma-bans if that was the only requirement for one, I imagine.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:49 PM   #2346
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

Quote:
What's funny about this is that years from now, people will look back at this season and they won't remember the Chiefs, well except you and a few others. There will be a far higher chance that people look back at the Broncos acquiring "the best FA of all time" and then him, along with your Elway safety draft pick, choking their way out of a playoff game they should have won.

It's also hilarious that Bronco fans make fun of the Chiefs for their failures in the 90's with Marty. Get used to that, because that's what your Peyton Manning run is going to mirror. It's so funny that everyone on this board says that the Chiefs seasons in the 90's were worthless, but suddenly this year for the Broncos was worthwhile?

Have fun with Marty version 2.0 and the biggest choke artist in playoff history, because you're not winning a SB with them and as soon as that's over, you're right back down to to mediocrity with Twilight running the QB show.

Say what you want, but I'll take a coach who is 11th in all-time playoff wins, has proven success turning a franchise around and has a motto of "keep firing" over a conservative scared Marty Schottenheimer clone that has a motto of "we play NOT to lose". Enjoy!
Lets talk about next year. Broncos will be pre-season SB favorites, a young, seasoned team looking to not repeat past mistakes. KC will be hoping to win 4 games with a new QB and a re-tread coach.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:16 PM   #2347
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

SB50 CHAMPION BRONCOS!

Quote:

You thought you were going to win with a HC that has a career .312 win % when this thread was made, suddenly Fox is Marty 2.0 and Manning sucks.

You know you face an uphill rebuild that will be years in the making unless they get that special bag of roids smuggled out of his sons room over to kFc.

Good luck drafting a DT or WR with your 1st pick in the draft.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:14 PM   #2348
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
You thought you were going to win with a HC that has a career .312 win % when this thread was made, suddenly Fox is Marty 2.0 and Manning sucks.

You know you face an uphill rebuild that will be years in the making unless they get that special bag of roids smuggled out of his sons room over to kFc.

Good luck drafting a DT or WR with your 1st pick in the draft.
Fox has always been a conservative coach. That was the rep he got when he took the job. I remember Panthers fans complaining about that all the time.

Chiefs will most likely be drafting a QB, which I have full faith in Reid selecting.

And that rebuild isn't as big of a rebuild as what Denver will be facing when the forehead retires in a couple of years. Champ is descending every year, Rahim Moore sucks, and the rest of your secondary is suspect at best.

Manning has hidden plenty of problems up before and this is no different. You played struggling teams almost every game from November on while you struggled against quality teams like New England and Houston.

Manning should have sacked up about playing Eli and went to the 49ers. They were clearly the best option and he would be in the SB next month if he went there. Probably have a chance to win 2 SB's.

Good luck watching Marty 2.0 and Favre 2.0 lose in the playoffs next year!

Last edited by KCStud; 01-13-2013 at 11:17 PM..
Old 01-14-2013, 12:26 AM   #2349
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Quote:
Chiefs will most likely be drafting a QB, which I have full faith in Reid selecting.
The way it stands now, I wouldn't be very confident for the Chiefs in the near future.

Terrible draft for QBs coupled with Andy Reid's downward spiral the last couple of years. Maybe a new environment may help him out but I think he's just doesn't have it anymore. His QB projects with Vick, Kolb and Foles were gigantic failures. His lack of commitment to the run game and his horrible game management will be fun to watch in KC.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:05 AM   #2350
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

SB50 CHAMPION BRONCOS!

Quote:
Fox has always been a conservative coach. That was the rep he got when he took the job. I remember Panthers fans complaining about that all the time.

And that rebuild isn't as big of a rebuild as what Denver will be facing when the forehead retires in a couple of years. Champ is descending every year, Rahim Moore sucks, and the rest of your secondary is suspect at best.

Manning has hidden plenty of problems up before and this is no different. You played struggling teams almost every game from November on while you struggled against quality teams like New England and Houston.

Manning should have sacked up about playing Eli and went to the 49ers. They were clearly the best option and he would be in the SB next month if he went there. Probably have a chance to win 2 SB's.

Good luck watching Marty 2.0 and Favre 2.0 lose in the playoffs next year!
Finally you point out Valid football points! The same points Kahn, I, and others have made in this thread all year.

Thing is we still have Manning under contract for a couple more years, we still have a better shot at winning the SB next year because of him.

Sure Champ is aging but we have 2 young CB's in Harris and Carter who are servicable, Harris is as good or better than Flowers. We have the luxury of drafting a RB, MLB, and Safety and filling out our depth whereas kFc is in desperation mode and has to hit on every move in order to compete next year. We kept pointing out how bad your team was all year and you glossed it over even as they went on an Historic 8 game streak without holding a lead in Regulation.

I could see your point about Manning and his Farve like INT being talked about for years if this was his last game ever but he signed on for 4 years, he will be back.

Back in 1996 when we lost to the Jags we had been to the SB but never won one, we went on to win Back to Back SB's the following years. We are a younger team than the 97-98 teams and have better cap room than back then. We can still afford to resign our Vets and lure away a quality FA if they want.

It is hard to swap out a QB and win the same year, even Kapernick has been on the 49ers for a couple years now and he learned the system. This is why when you guys keep saying your a QB away from winning it all I scoff because it takes time to get the QB and staffs on the same page, not to mention the talent needed to complement your QB.

I hope you don't jump off the deep end when kFc has to use it's 1st round pick on OL 1st.