The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2013, 09:27 AM   #476
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
Posting about the fact that you don't care doesn't ring as honest.
You really think that a guy that claimed JJ Watt was another JE should be trying to convince people that Tebow is a good QB? Good QB's don't hope that the ****ing Jags pick him up so he still can be in the NFL
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:29 AM   #477
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
B/c they're more important than regular season games.
We were talking regular seasons stats. Playoff games are not reflected in a players regular season stats. And even if we were including playoffs, dude still counted wrong. 1-4 to 8-4? That ain't 9-9
Old 01-03-2013, 09:32 AM   #478
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
Tebow is the only reason the team went from **** to great. You need to accept that.
Without Tebow, there is no Manning.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:35 AM   #479
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
We were talking regular seasons stats. Playoff games are not reflected in a players regular season stats. And even if we were including playoffs, dude still counted wrong. 1-4 to 8-4? That ain't 9-9
You don't count the playoffs b/c Tebow got us there and it obliterates your argument. We get it.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:37 AM   #480
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
You don't count the playoffs b/c Tebow got us there and it obliterates your argument. We get it.
Ya sure he got us there. That's why you were clinching your butthole praying that Phillip Rivers would beat the raiders following that pitiful performance by tebow earlier in the day.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:38 AM   #481
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
They always like to say "He ended the season 1-4" even though that counts two playoff games. Then they want to throw out any stats from those games, because it makes them look bad.

Old 01-03-2013, 09:39 AM   #482
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
You really think that a guy that claimed JJ Watt was another JE should be trying to convince people that Tebow is a good QB? Good QB's don't hope that the ****ing Jags pick him up so he still can be in the NFL
Psst....here's a little secret. It's not the first or last time I'll be wrong about an NFL prospect.Please don't let anyone know, I'm trying for a GM gig?

You should use that every time you get slapped around in an argument though, it's very distracting.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:40 AM   #483
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
They always like to say "He ended the season 1-4" even though that counts two playoff games. Then they want to throw out any stats from those games, because it makes them look bad.

Name one post where I said 1-4. I've always said 0-3.

Boom
Old 01-03-2013, 09:41 AM   #484
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Psst....here's a little secret. It's not the first or last time I'll be wrong about an NFL prospect.Please don't let anyone know, I'm trying for a GM gig?

You should use that every time you get slapped around in an argument though, it's very distracting.
I'm being slapped around in a argument about these?======>
Old 01-03-2013, 09:41 AM   #485
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance/_/year/2012

they get more fans per game than do the lions, steelers, bears, bengals, cardinals, vikings, chargers, dolphins, rams, bucs, and raiders.
Though those stats are interesting, especially seeing the seating numbers of Pitt and the Bears - the Jax stadium is designed to expand seating up to 85,000 people (which it did for the FSU v. Alabama game in 2010) and non-expanded seating of 76,000. They're covering up nearly 10,000 seats when its not expanded because they can't fill the stadium. If Denver had 10,000 extra seats they would be filled easily.

In contrast, Heinz field in Pitts can only seat 65,000 for football games, but they've had sell outs since 1972.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:43 AM   #486
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:

Boom
What other QBs do we need to write off because they went 0-3 at some point during their careers. I wonder if that list includes more names than "Tebow".
Old 01-03-2013, 09:47 AM   #487
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
I'm being slapped around in a argument about these?======>
No, that's what's funny.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:47 AM   #488
BroncoBeavis

Quote:

Boom
Quote:
1-4 down the stretch. I watched every one of his plays during the jets preseason. I saw nothing. Nada. Not even one TD. And this regular season? Well I've seen him take sacks in the redzone. Punt protect. And a few 3 yard runs with a couple passes thrown in. Hardly the powerhouse that is perceived by some.
Bam
Old 01-03-2013, 09:47 AM   #489
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
No, that's what's funny.
It's funny because you are not slapping me around?
Old 01-03-2013, 09:48 AM   #490
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
What other QBs do we need to write off because they went 0-3 at some point during their careers. I wonder if that list includes more names than "Tebow".
Going 0-3 isn't even a priority in my case. Sucking is though. Hell I could just use where his career has ended up so far. And next year ill have even more evidence.

Right now you would have a stronger case if the guy even just scored 1 TD all year INCLUDING preseason. You lovers are going off what if arguements and future speculation. Hoping he follows the footsteps of other "rookie" QBs people like Beavis compare him to.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:49 AM   #491
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Bam
Ha way to fix it. And that would be correct if I wasn't talking about regular season stats. Bringing up 6-8 (not you another poster) as a great completion percentage is hilarious, and a regular season stat

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 01-03-2013 at 09:59 AM..
Old 01-03-2013, 09:52 AM   #492
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Going 0-3 isn't even a priority in my case. Sucking is though. Hell I could just use where his career has ended up so far. And next year ill have even more evidence.

Right now you would have a stronger case if the guy even just scored 1 TD all year INCLUDING preseason. You lovers are going off what if arguements and future speculation. Hoping he follows the footsteps of other "rookie" QBs people like Beavis compare him to.
It seems like you're forgetting that my case is only that Tebow was THE catalyst behind success last year. Where his career is, or will go has zero to do with that case.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:52 AM   #493
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
It's funny because you are not slapping me around?
I'm not going to walk you through it, and remember; you don't care anyway.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:54 AM   #494
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
It seems like you're forgetting that my case is only that Tebow was THE catalyst behind success last year. Where his career is, or will go has zero to do with that case.
Ill play the what if. What happens if his defense gave up 15 points in over half his games, you know, the ones where they only score 13 or 10 points? To say he was the ONLY reason is insane.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 01-03-2013 at 10:00 AM..
Old 01-03-2013, 09:59 AM   #495
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator20134 View Post
You guys are funny

Give Tebow his due please. He energized the team, put them on every sports network, got them to the playoffs and defeated Pitt. All while having no support from the front office at all. He never once complained or bad mouthed anyone.
We've given him his due....we have stated that he helped. But because most rational people on here have also pointed out that-

[] the defense holding opposing teams to 15 points per game during the winning streak helped too as they created timely turnovers that enabled our team to win those close games like

Goodman's INT in Minnesota game setting up GW FG.....

holding KC to 8.5 points per game....(oh, wait, we lost one of those)

DJ's sack and fumble recovery in Dolphins game setting up another GW FG....

Constantly setting the Broncos up at or near midfield damn near every possesion vs. Jets

[] ST's with recovering onside kick vs. Dolphins, Colquitt pinning opponents with great punts and Prater making clutch kick after clutch kick

[] Luck also played a role like Barber running out of bounds when Bears could have killed the clock had he not had such a brain fart....and his subsequent fumble....and the fact that the Raiders laid an egg in their season finale that enabled us to sneak in after the Broncos blew their chances by losing their last 3 games when one solitary win would have clinched the division title.

....the myth perpetuated by the Tebow fans is that we just simply hate the kid for his religious beliefs, or that he was a UF player...etc. But when asked to produce these alleged posts, they never ever do. I've been accused of being a huge "hater"...but when challenged to read EVERY post I ever made about Tebow, they never have...not once.

Now I don't expect you to take my word for any of this...just read the old threads and posts where the nuthugging legion of Tebow fans ever acknowledged these facts were a factor in the Broncos winning the AFCW going 7-4 after their 1-4 start.

All you'll read is how the team, team mates, coaching staff and VP Elway let him down, undermined his development, dropped passes, the coaches wouldn't let him throw, they handcuffed him for 55 minutes of every game, bad play calling, etc.

Last edited by errand; 01-03-2013 at 10:02 AM..
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:00 AM   #496
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Ill play the what if. What happens if his defense gave up 15 points in over half his games? To say he was the ONLY reason is insane.
I don't think you understand the idea of "catalyst".
Old 01-03-2013, 10:02 AM   #497
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
We've given him his due....we have stated that he helped. But because most rational people on here have also pointed out that-

[] the defense holding opposing teams to 15 points per game during the winning streak helped too as they created timely turnovers that enabled our team to win those close games like

Constantly setting the Broncos up at or near midfield damn near every possesion vs. Jets

[] ST's with recovering onside kick vs. Dolphins, Colquitt pinning opponents with great punts and Prater making clutch kick after clutch kick

[] Luck also played a role like Barber running out of bounds when Bears could have killed the clock had he not had such a brain fart....and his subsequent fumble....and the fact that the Raiders laid an egg in their season finale that enabled us to sneak in after the Broncos blew their chances by losing their last 3 games when one solitary win would have clinched the division title.

Now I don't expect you to take my word for any of this...just read the old threads and posts where the nuthugging legion of Tebow fans ever acknowledged these facts were a factor in the Broncos winning the AFCW going 7-4 after their 1-4 start.

All you'll read is how the team, team mates, coaching staff and VP Elway let him down, undermined his development, dropped passes, the coaches wouldn't let him throw, they handcuffed him for 55 minutes of every game, bad play calling, etc.

But they'll tell you tebow still would've won without that help!
Old 01-03-2013, 10:04 AM   #498
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:

....the myth perpetuated by the Tebow fans is that we just simply hate the kid for his religious beliefs, or that he was a UF player...etc. But when asked to produce these alleged posts, they never ever do. I've been accused of being a huge "hater"...but when challenged to read EVERY post I ever made about Tebow, they never have...not once.

Where was all this help at 1-4?
Old 01-03-2013, 10:04 AM   #499
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:

Where was all this help at 1-4?
Old 01-03-2013, 10:06 AM   #500
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Ha way to fix it. And that would be correct if I wasn't talking about regular season stats. Bringing up 6-8 (not you another poster) as a great completion percentage is hilarious, and a regular season stat
Why would you ever care more about regular season stats than playoff stats? There's no objective scenario where that makes any sense.

And sorry, but there's no better example of your double standard than the 2-8 (KC game) vs 6-8 (this season) comparisons. You've personally used the former as evidence of something, yet laugh at others for talking about the latter.

You literally play the very same selective sampling games you criticize others for. Let's just cut the crap and boil this down to what it is. Teebsuxfrospyros.