The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2013, 05:15 AM   #2301
Mile High 81
Solid Starter

Adam Schefter

Quote:
Andy Reid did not fly to Arizona last night as scheduled.
Seems like the Chiefs have the best shot at the moment. Reid is a good Coach.
Mile High 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:51 AM   #2302
Gator20134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High 81 View Post
Adam Schefter

Seems like the Chiefs have the best shot at the moment. Reid is a good Coach.
Very good coach and I bet he brings Vick with him.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:54 AM   #2303
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
He was there only to confirm that Andy Reid, in fact, cannot work with his dumb ass.

Scott was publicly shamed in front of the entire top brass of the Kansas City Chiefs today. And flew 1,000 miles for that honor.

Suck on the fat dick of Clark Hunt, Peeholey.
this is not how competent organizations behave.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:39 AM   #2304
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Quote:
Waiting for Kaylore to tell me why Reid sucks.
Um, try reading...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
You could do worse than Reid. I have no idea what kind of GM he is, but I always liked him. My only issue is if he is burned out or not. However Fox went right into his gig here and just changing scenery seemed to energize him. I would be a bit skeptical of him getting all power and having to divide his attention.
I like Reid. I think he's a very good coach. I am not sure what kind of GM he is. And frankly, I am not sure even if he is a super-GM in waiting, if he will be able to ballance both jobs. I think that model is dead and for good reason. Even GM's aren't the uber-masters of all anymore. The front offices that do well have the responsibilities broken up among several men who specialize in player-personnel, college scouting, etc. Going back to a 90's model probably won't work.

I don't share the view that he "needs" a year off. Fox clearly showed that sometimes a change of venue is energizing enough. I don't believe he is going to bring Vick with him. He didn't want Vick to start in Philly and it took his OC to talk him into the change. The way this season went, I don't see Reid wanting Vick back and I don't see Vick wanting to come back. Reid will want to draft or sign his own, which is exactly what the Chiefs want.

Reid is basically another Holmgren. He is a good guy and very smart. There are some holes in his game, like his utter-hatred of the running game, which doesn't bode well for Charles. He also has a tendency to lean on loyalty of bad coaches even in the face of bad coaching. He'll make the team better and will be able to get some good coaches in there just on his name alone. Like I said, you could do much worse than Reid.

I do think it's funny that Pioli is going to stay on because he's too cheap to fire him. That doesn't bode well for the franchise.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:33 AM   #2305
spiralism

Looks like it's Reid so. Enjoy underusing Jamaal Charles yet again and having Daboll switched to Defensive Co-Ordinator. Reid LOATHES running the ball. I for one look forward to him either breaking the bank on Vick or having a rookie QB drop back 45 times a game.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:53 AM   #2306
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralism View Post
Looks like it's Reid so. Enjoy underusing Jamaal Charles yet again and having Daboll switched to Defensive Co-Ordinator. Reid LOATHES running the ball. I for one look forward to him either breaking the bank on Vick or having a rookie QB drop back 45 times a game.
Is he enamored with Vick at all anymore? I haven't kept up on that soap opera at all I guess.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:59 AM   #2307
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Um, try reading...

I like Reid. I think he's a very good coach. I am not sure what kind of GM he is. And frankly, I am not sure even if he is a super-GM in waiting, if he will be able to ballance both jobs. I think that model is dead and for good reason. Even GM's aren't the uber-masters of all anymore. The front offices that do well have the responsibilities broken up among several men who specialize in player-personnel, college scouting, etc. Going back to a 90's model probably won't work.

I don't share the view that he "needs" a year off. Fox clearly showed that sometimes a change of venue is energizing enough. I don't believe he is going to bring Vick with him. He didn't want Vick to start in Philly and it took his OC to talk him into the change. The way this season went, I don't see Reid wanting Vick back and I don't see Vick wanting to come back. Reid will want to draft or sign his own, which is exactly what the Chiefs want.

Reid is basically another Holmgren. He is a good guy and very smart. There are some holes in his game, like his utter-hatred of the running game, which doesn't bode well for Charles. He also has a tendency to lean on loyalty of bad coaches even in the face of bad coaching. He'll make the team better and will be able to get some good coaches in there just on his name alone. Like I said, you could do much worse than Reid.

I do think it's funny that Pioli is going to stay on because he's too cheap to fire him. That doesn't bode well for the franchise.
I agree with everything here. I think the difference between Foxy and Andy though is Andy's gone through some real tough personal **** in the very recent past. I'd feel like I needed to pack it in for a year or two just to get my life back on track. But everyone's wired different I guess. Just seems like it might make a burnout even more likely. Really hope that's not the case for his sake (though not for the Chiefs so much )
Old 01-03-2013, 08:13 AM   #2308
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

If Reid goes to KC, expect Barkley to be the #1 pick.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:20 AM   #2309
Bronco Boy
Avid Ambien Abuser

Eric Fischer: Catholic Priest

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

Reid will be good for the Chiefs. He's never been able to do well in the playoffs, but with the Chiefs that is an irrelevant weakness that probably won't come up for a few years if ever. Reid should be able to get them a winning season which would inspire numerous busts of his figure to be erected in trailer parks across the city.

He is obviously a hard guy to root for because he is such a horrible father to his kids so I will find it easy to root against him.

Last edited by Bronco Boy; 01-03-2013 at 08:25 AM..
Bronco Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:25 AM   #2310
swaiy

Who did the Chiefs interview for that stupid Rooney Rule? Did the give Romeo an exit interview when they fired him heh?
Old 01-03-2013, 08:30 AM   #2311
spiralism

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaiy View Post
Who did the Chiefs interview for that stupid Rooney Rule? Did the give Romeo an exit interview when they fired him heh?
Reid is part Walrus though
Old 01-03-2013, 08:32 AM   #2312
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralism View Post
Reid is part Walrus though
The Mike Holmgren family of walruses!
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:44 AM   #2313
FearLanier

LeSean McCoy had 270 odd carries in 2011 and this year he had 200 in 12 games (average would have been 266).

Jamaal Charles had 285 carries this season.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:52 AM   #2314
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
If Reid goes to KC, expect Barkley to be the #1 pick.
Reid took McNabb when other teams would have taken Ricky Williams, Reid knows QBs, I'll give him that much. I think he will absolutely draft Geno Smith if given the chance. Now, is Geno worth the #1 overall pick, NIMHO, but that's gonna be Reid's decision should he end up in kc.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:03 AM   #2315
FearLanier

Fun fact: Dana Holgersen's spread offense is almost the same as what Kevin Kolb ran at Houston.

Geno Smith would be a great fit for Reid IMO.

Add to the fact that his staff is rumored to have both Pat Shurmur and Brad Childress. That's a good staff for a rookie QB.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:11 AM   #2316
Bronco Boy
Avid Ambien Abuser

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
Fun fact: Dana Holgersen's spread offense is almost the same as what Kevin Kolb ran at Houston.

Geno Smith would be a great fit for Reid IMO.

Add to the fact that his staff is rumored to have both Pat Shurmur and Brad Childress. That's a good staff for a rookie QB.
As Chorfs fans say every year around this time, "Next year, we will really be a good team." They will say the same next January while also calling for a new head coach. Such is life.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:21 AM   #2317
FearLanier

Not many current HC's are as accomplished as Andy Reid. Add to the fact that his system is great for QB's and this is the best possible hire the Chiefs could have made.

So Clark makes the best possible GM hire according to the league and now the best coaching hire.

Not bad for an absentee owner who is an imbecile, huh Kaylore?

Last edited by FearLanier; 01-03-2013 at 10:23 AM..
Old 01-03-2013, 10:37 AM   #2318
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

I think Reid will end up in San Diego. I think this is what he's wanted all along. He just played the Chiefs and Cardinals against each other. Suckas!
Old 01-03-2013, 11:03 AM   #2319
Rolandftw

Stephen A Smith and Skip Bayless don't like the move, which probably means KC will be very successful with Reid.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:19 AM   #2320
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
The Mike Holmgren family of walruses!
Who is who?
Attached Images

Old 01-03-2013, 11:48 AM   #2321
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Reid is bringing Tom Heckert with him to be GM.

Reid will have final say over personnel though.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:53 AM   #2322
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Reid is bringing Tom Heckert with him to be GM.

Reid will have final say over personnel though.
Congrats on Reid, Bob. Great pick up for KC.

I'm mad about it.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:54 AM   #2323
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Well, when Fox was coaching the Panthers against Reid and the Eagles in the 2004 NFC Championship game, the Panthers won 14 to 3. So... Okay.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:00 PM   #2324
Bronco Boy
Avid Ambien Abuser

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
Not many current HC's are as accomplished as Andy Reid. Add to the fact that his system is great for QB's and this is the best possible hire the Chiefs could have made.

So Clark makes the best possible GM hire according to the league and now the best coaching hire.

Not bad for an absentee owner who is an imbecile, huh Kaylore?
You guys said similar things about Todd FAILey, remember?
Old 01-03-2013, 12:05 PM   #2325
FearLanier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Boy View Post
You guys said similar things about Todd FAILey, remember?
Not sure I remember anybody saying Todd Haley was an accomplished HC.

Probably because Todd Haley had never been a HC before coming to KC