The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2012, 02:41 PM   #126
Popcorn Sutton
Ring of Famer
 
Popcorn Sutton's Avatar
 
Don't mess with Popcorn

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Who cares
Posts: 3,766

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jacob Tamme
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
Im no Dr. so how would i know. I was just speculating. Having a fused neck just dont sound like a good thing to me for a NFL QB. You just cant tell me that he will be the same with it regardless if it dont give him anymore risk. I glad it doesnt because as a fan and just being a human being id hate to see something bad happen to him.
You see, im not a hater of all players like many here are and wish injury to another player like ive seen here with Rivers.



Well like it or not, he is the replacement. Its either him or Floyd. You can say whatever you want about him because i wont say he is going to be just as good or not but i can tell you one thing, Jackson wont do in Tampa what he did here. He will produce but he wont have his usual 17-18 YPC ave there. Meachem most likely will whether or not who he goes against.

At this point ive never said Meachem will be just as good as Jackson but i think he can be a real good one for us and have the same numbers. No reason to think he cant. He had good numbers for the Saints even being their #3 and outproduced their #2 WR Deverly Henderson. They may have even switched back and forth, im not sure but he outproduced him rather easily.

All i can say is we will see how it goes but why would you disregard what Meachem will do yet pump up Thomas? He hasnt hasnt done anything great yet and hasnt done as well as Meachem has regardless of him being the #3. He filled in when there were injuries and he had just as many TD's in 2009 as Colston. We will just have to see but he has produced.


He hasnt always lined up against nickel backs. All i can say is wait and see. IMO he is a better player right now than Thomas.
And Meachem asside, i absolutely think we got better with the other pickups we got. Gaither is a better LT than McNeill. McNeill is still out there as a FA. Maybe you guys can pick him up and i wouldnt care. He is pretty much done. Has that spinal stenosis and has had neck problems lately.

McClain is a far better FB than Hester is....who is also still out there.



Who cares who they favor? They favored us last year too and everyone is going to favor Manning. Heres a link for you if you want to go that route.


Rivers, not Manning best in AFC West



Refrigerator Perry could score a TD every game if you stick him in there at the GL every week. Does that make him a good RB? Tolbert was OK. Good ST's player and a guy with some decent hands out of the backfield. Thats about it. I was hoping we would get Michael Bush this year but it didnt happen. Its all good, we will find a replacement for Tolbert. Wont be hard.

Im not worried about Mathews. He was much better last season and played thru injuries. He had a 4.9 YPC and had 50 catches. He also seems to play very well against the Broncos

And im not undervaluing who we lost. VJ was a big loss but i think we got a guy who can be a real good player. We went 75% of 2010 without VJ and we did fine and didnt have a Meachem type player filling in and we were better in the RZ that year.
I happen to think Gaither is a much better player than McNeill. Why else is he still not signed? You tell me. The guy is damaged goods and hasnt been as good the past two or three years.

We arent the team we were in 2007 but i think this team is still good enough to win the division.
Sounds like you got it all figured out.
Popcorn Sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 02:54 PM   #127
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer
 
Boltjolt's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,036
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCrew View Post
Sounds like you got it all figured out.
Nope but i do think overall they improved the team. The only question to that if they did or not is Meachem replacing Jackson. I just happen to think he is going to do well for us and im not really concerned with it. I liked the pickup Meachem is still only 27. Now we dont have to draft a WR in the high rounds and can concentrate on defense and get another pass rusher.

Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-25-2012 at 02:56 PM..
Boltjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 03:47 PM   #128
Popcorn Sutton
Ring of Famer
 
Popcorn Sutton's Avatar
 
Don't mess with Popcorn

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Who cares
Posts: 3,766

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jacob Tamme
Default

They had some nice pickups and AJ has definitely softened the blow of losing several Pro Bowlers and several solid contributors.
Popcorn Sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:52 AM   #129
Popcorn Sutton
Ring of Famer
 
Popcorn Sutton's Avatar
 
Don't mess with Popcorn

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Who cares
Posts: 3,766

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jacob Tamme
Default

This guy Boltjolt called me out for being a homer before the season started so I figured I'd recall the thread to see who the homer was.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
i think our WR's as a group are better than yours.
Quote:
Might want to rethink that comment
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
Tamme is light years behind Gates. You must be kidding.
Quote:
, Light years eh?

Tamme 52 receptions for 555 yards and 2 TDs, Gates 48 receptions for 538 yards and 7TDs. Note: Dreessen had a pretty good year himself. In all the Broncos TEs bested the Chargers TEs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
The only thing wrong with Floyd is he is hurt a lot. Otherwise he far and away better than Decker at this point.


Quote:
Floyd: 56 receptions, 814 yds and 5 TDs
Decker: 85 receptions, 1,064 yards and 13 TDs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
Meachem is a big talent who gets to be a #1 guy now and im not going to slight Thomas. He has some big talent but he is going into his 3rd year and hasnt had the numbers Meachem has had yet so at this point i dont agree with you.


Quote:
Meachem: 14 receptions, 202 yds and 2 TDs
Thomas: 94 receptions, 1,434 yds and 10 TDs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
Neither do you and neither is Decker or Thomas but i think our guys are better.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
The ONLY clear advantage you have over us is Fox over Norv.
Popcorn Sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:58 PM   #130
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer
 
Boltjolt's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,036
Default

[QUOTE=Popcorn Sutton;3769343]This guy Boltjolt called me out for being a homer before the season started so I figured I'd recall the thread to see who the homer was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
i think our WR's as a group are better than yours.


Might want to rethink that comment
Yeah Meachem didnt work out, what can you say. Maybe next year he will be better but who knows. We also lost Vincent Brown for the year in preseason and that was a big blow and of course Eddie Royal was hurt 70% of the year as well. Our group isnt bad (and then you add Alexander who has been great) and can play with yours(when they arent all hurt) but not when the QB has no time to throw.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
Tamme is light years behind Gates. You must be kidding.

Quote:
, Light years eh?
, C-Mon...no GM in the NFL would take Tamme over Gates if offered straight up and that includes yours. Tamme owes his carer to Peyton.

Quote:
Tamme 52 receptions for 555 yards and 2 TDs, Gates 48 receptions for 538 yards and 7TDs. Note: Dreessen had a pretty good year himself. In all the Broncos TEs bested the Chargers TEs.
Always helps to have Manning and a much, much better OL not to mention Manning threw almost 60 more passes than we did and he didnt get sacked 48 times.
Rivers had the worst OL in the league and didnt even throw for 4,000 for the first time in 5 seasons but did get sacked the most times in his career. And Dreesen is a 2nd rate TE withe first rate QB. I suppose he is better than Gates too
Vincent Jackson never had 70 receptions in a season for us(had 69 once and had 69 this year for TB) but he was the most sought after WR and he certainly is better than Thomas who had many more receptions. Stats are nice but if you also believe Welker is the best WR in the NFL the past 5 years because of his receptions...well, then, i dont know what to tell you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
The only thing wrong with Floyd is he is hurt a lot. Otherwise he far and away better than Decker at this point.


Quote:
Floyd: 56 receptions, 814 yds and 5 TDs
Decker: 85 receptions, 1,064 yards and 13 TDs

Again, Not sure how stats show he is better. I recall many here saying he drops too many passes. And Floyd did miss some games as predicted but not as many as usual. Floyd is as reliable as they come...when he is healthy.
I mean your comparing your offensive stats to ours which our offense was well down the charts this year compared to usual. This would be like comparing Deckers stats last year to Floyds, but ill give Decker some props but he isnt some stud. Just benefitted from having a sure HOF'er instead of Tebow. Is Lance Moore a stud whoi puts up good numbers with Brees?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
Meachem is a big talent who gets to be a #1 guy now and im not going to slight Thomas. He has some big talent but he is going into his 3rd year and hasnt had the numbers Meachem has had yet so at this point i dont agree with you.


Quote:
Meachem: 14 receptions, 202 yds and 2 TDs
Thomas: 94 receptions, 1,434 yds and 10 TDs
Yep, Meachem again didnt pan out as said above. Dont know if he is stupid or just slow but he didnt play much after week 6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
The ONLY clear advantage you have over us is Fox over Norv.
Still true and ill add Peyton Manning who ran his own offense, not McCoys or Fox's.

Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-02-2013 at 08:02 PM..
Boltjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:40 PM   #131
Popcorn Sutton
Ring of Famer
 
Popcorn Sutton's Avatar
 
Don't mess with Popcorn

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Who cares
Posts: 3,766

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jacob Tamme
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
Yeah Meachem didnt work out, what can you say. Maybe next year he will be better but who knows.
You called me out for being a homer. I'd say your predictions prove who the homer is here.

Need a reminder?

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3538277&postcount=94


Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
, C-Mon...no GF in the NFL would take Tamme over Gates if offered straight up and that includes yours. Tamme owes his carer to Peyton.
Never said he was better. Need help with comprehension. Just showing Gates isn't what he used to be. Your point earlier in the thread was he was light years ahead and well....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
Always helps to have Manning and a much, much better OL not to mention Manning threw almost 60 more passes than we did and he didnt get sacked 48 times.
After returning to full health following his achilles injury, Thomas was #2 in the NFL with Tim Tebow at QB during the last half of 2011. Again, you called me out as a homer and I'm just proving you were wrong.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
Vincent Jackson never had 70 receptions in a season for us(had 69 once and had 69 this year for TB) but he was the most sought after WR and he certainly is better than Thomas who had many more receptions.
You let your distaste for Denver skew your analysis and you are also making my point for me in this thread. Meachem is NOT and will never be a solid replacement for Jackson. Go back and read hot shot. You were the one talking about how great he is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
Stats are nice but if you also believe Welker is the best WR in the NFL the past 5 years because of his receptions...well, then, i dont know what to tell you.
WTF? Welker has been one of the best receivers in the NFL for the last few years. I don't know what to tell YOU. Wake up? He has the stats, rarely drops a pass, makes big plays when they are needed and causes nightmares for opposing coordinators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
Again, Not sure how stats show he is better. I recall many here saying he drops too many passes. And Floyd did miss some games as predicted but not as many as usual. Floyd is as reliable as they come...when he is healthy.
Are you still trying to make the case that Floyd is better than Thomas? Seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
I mean your comparing your offensive stats to ours which our offense was well down the charts this year compared to usual. This would be like comparing Deckers stats last year to Floyds, but ill give Decker some props but he isn't some stud.
Ramble much? Stats are a part of the analysis. What else do you want Demaryius Thomas to do? He has killed it since week 8 of last season with Tebow AND Manning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
Just benefitted from having a sure HOF'er instead of Tebow.
Which is one reason why I thought your predictions in this thread were premature. You were comparing SD receivers to Denver receivers with Tebow at QB. I knew Thomas was a stud because I saw it with the most inconsistent passer in the league last season. Again, he finished off the season last year as one of the hottest Wide Receivers in the league.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
Yep, Meachem again didn't pan out as said above.
Which is what I was predicting in this thread BEFORE the season. Now, who's the homer?


Last edited by Popcorn Sutton; 01-02-2013 at 07:44 PM..
Popcorn Sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:53 PM   #132
McDman
Ring of Famer
 
McDman's Avatar
 
Huzzah!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,732

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Meachem better than Decker? Haha, gtfo.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:33 PM   #133
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer
 
Boltjolt's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,036
Default

[QUOTE=Popcorn Sutton;3769683]You called me out for being a homer. I'd say your predictions prove who the homer is here.

Need a reminder?

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3538277&postcount=94




Quote:
Never said he was better. Need help with comprehension. Just showing Gates isn't what he used to be. Your point earlier in the thread was he was light years ahead and well....
You didnt but your implying it. But ok, and he is light years ahead of Tamme. Tamme is a average TE who has a superstar throwing to him and Gates isnt what he used to be but he is still better than Tamme. Gates will be more productive when we get a better OL. Everyone will be. It all starts in the trenches.



Quote:
After returning to full health following his achilles injury, Thomas was #2 in the NFL with Tim Tebow at QB during the last half of 2011. Again, you called me out as a homer and I'm just proving you were wrong.
I dont believe Tebow throwing to any WR will have them in the top of anything.

Quote:
You let your distaste for Denver skew your analysis and you are also making my point for me in this thread. Meachem is NOT and will never be a solid replacement for Jackson. Go back and read hot shot. You were the one talking about how great he is.
Never said he was great, i said he has big talent and he does but he is a slow learner apparently because he takes a while to get going everywhere he has been from college to the NFL and switching teams. He wasnt at all what they thought he would be but he has produced in the past. Still , i have to give Decker the nod til Meachem shows up but i dont think Decker is a great WR either.

Quote:
WTF? Welker has been one of the best receivers in the NFL for the last few years. I don't know what to tell YOU. Wake up? He has the stats, rarely drops a pass, makes big plays when they are needed and causes nightmares for opposing coordinators.
Aww but when i pointed out those stats in HERE and said he was out producing Marshall who was a part of your team then, i got lambasted for it and was told Welker wasnt near the player Marshall is, he just has Tom Brady.
Sounds very familiar dont it. I guess nobody likes to hear somebody is better than their guy. You guys even defended Cutler who was a big douche and still isnt a great QB.
And ill say it now, Welker is not the best WR in the NFL. Do you think he is?



Quote:
Are you still trying to make the case that Floyd is better than Thomas? Seriously?
Not really, saying he is good when healthy. I was comparing the group. Thomas still isnt a star yet.



Quote:
Ramble much? Stats are a part of the analysis. What else do you want Demaryius Thomas to do? He has killed it since week 8 of last season with Tebow AND Manning.
Stats sometimes are misleading. Ill just point out Orton when he was here and leave it at that.

And Thomas had 27 receptions in the last 8 weeks of 2011. Two of which, he had zero receptions. Not what id call killing it but you said last 8 weeks of the season.
If your counting the playoffs, he had 37 his last 8 games.

Quote:
Which is one reason why I thought your predictions in this thread were premature. You were comparing SD receivers to Denver receivers with Tebow at QB. I knew Thomas was a stud because I saw it with the most inconsistent passer in the league last season. Again, he finished off the season last year as one of the hottest Wide Receivers in the league.

True..but again, this board was saying Tebow was a good QB at that time...


Quote:
Which is what I was predicting in this thread BEFORE the season. Now, who's the homer?
Nobody knew Manning would come back like this and why he considered for come back player of the year. Not sure he wins that or MVP over Peterson though but he would be my 2nd choice.
I know this isnt part of the discussion and you never said anything that he should be but as much as was huge for you guys, you still had the #4 defense in the NFL. Minnesota goes nowhere without Peterson because Ponder stinks.

Ill give credit where credit is due and Peyton has been nails after a shaky start.

Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-02-2013 at 08:38 PM..
Boltjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:42 PM   #134
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Thomas isn't a star yet
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:51 PM   #135
Action
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt
Not really, saying he is good when healthy. I was comparing the group. Thomas still isnt a star yet.
What?

DT was 4th is yardage. 15.3 YPC
8th in receptions while being 13th in targets
Tied for 5th in TDs
2nd in receptions of 20 yards+
5th in YAC

One of the most historical catches and runs in Denver Broncos and NFL history against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

And he isn't a star?







Thats Revis and that was a Touchdown.

Not a star people.

Last edited by Action; 01-02-2013 at 08:54 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:17 PM   #136
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer
 
Boltjolt's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,036
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
What?

DT was 4th is yardage. 15.3 YPC
8th in receptions while being 13th in targets
Tied for 5th in TDs
2nd in receptions of 20 yards+
5th in YAC

One of the most historical catches and runs in Denver Broncos and NFL history against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

And he isn't a star?







Thats Revis and that was a Touchdown.

Not a star people.
ONE good season doesnt make you a star. Not saying he wont be but he isnt yet, no and thats what this board said about Welker after two better seasons than this. Funny, when it isnt your own guy he isnt a top WR in the nFL but when it is, its laughable that one good season dont make you a star. Like they say, do it again and again.

Is Crabtree a star? He has much better numbers than Thomas in his career by far and had his best season this year though not quite as good as Thomas.

Id call Crabtree one of the good WR's in the league but a star? He's no Steve Smith, or even Julio Jones imo who has been great right out of the gate.

Would you call Dez Bryant a star? He has better numbers in his career than Thomas in their 3 years and was on par with him this year. I think Bryant is emerging and very close and ahead of Thomas.

Just some examples. Not saying Thomas isnt very good, but i just dont throw him in there with the other star WR's. Its not a knock, Vince Jackson wasnt a star his first three years and Thomas reminds me a lot of VJ but i think VJ has a little bit better hands.
But you guys can call him a star if you want. Hell you called Cutler a star when he was a Bronco. Cutler is no star.

Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-02-2013 at 09:25 PM..
Boltjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:23 PM   #137
Popcorn Sutton
Ring of Famer
 
Popcorn Sutton's Avatar
 
Don't mess with Popcorn

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Who cares
Posts: 3,766

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jacob Tamme
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
You didnt but your implying it. But ok, and he is light years ahead of Tamme. Tamme is a average TE who has a superstar throwing to him and Gates isnt what he used to be but he is still better than Tamme.
Yes, he's not what he used to be. Fine to admit he's better than Tamme. Light years? Not quite but keep on homering....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
I dont believe Tebow throwing to any WR will have them in the top of anything.
OK dullard. I rounded up a game. His last 7 games he averaged 106 yards per game with Timmy Tebow. Not bad. Over a season that would be 1700 yards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
Never said he was great, i said he has big talent and he does but he is a slow learner apparently because he takes a while to get going everywhere he has been from college to the NFL and switching teams.
You said he was better than Thomas AND Decker though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
Aww but when i pointed out those stats in HERE and said he was out producing Marshall who was a part of your team then, i got lambasted for it and was told Welker wasnt near the player Marshall is, he just has Tom Brady. Sounds very familiar dont it.
OK Bolt Dolt. Don't use "the board" as a basis for your argument. I'm not "the board." Marshall and Welker are both elite receivers so meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
Not really, saying he is good when healthy. I was comparing the group. Thomas still isnt a star yet.
Based on your analysis. What does he need to do? Nearly 1500 yards and double digit TD production. OR, if you want to give me the Manning argument, averaging 106 yards per game after coming off of an achilles injury.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
Stats sometimes are misleading. Ill just point out Orton when he was here and leave it at that.
You don't need stats to know that Thomas is a star receiver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
And Thomas had 27 receptions in the last 8 weeks of 2011. Two of which, he had zero receptions. Not what id call killing it but you said last 8 weeks of the season. If your counting the playoffs, he had 37 his last 8 games.
Like I said, he averaged 106 yards per game for his last 7 games. I rounded up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
Nobody knew Manning would come back like this and why he considered for come back player of the year.
Right. Yep. I guess Elway signed him for $20 million per year average because he was funny on Saturday Night Live??

Give it up homer. I'm not here to argue every point with you. Just recalling the thread where you called out several posters for being homers.

Popcorn Sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:27 PM   #138
Action
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
ONE good season doesnt make you a star. Not saying he wont be but he isnt yet, no and thats what this board said about Welker after two better seasons than this. Funny, when it isnt your own guy he isnt a top WR in the nFL but when it is, its laughable that one good season dont make you a star. Like they say, do it again and again.

Is Crabtree a star? He has much better numbers than Thomas in his career by far and had his best season this year though not quite as good as Thomas.

Id call Crabtree one of the good WR's in the league but a star? He's no Steve Smith, or even Julio Jones imo who has been great right out of the gate.

Would you call Dez Bryant a star? He has better numbers in his career than Thomas in their 3 years and was on par with him this year. I think Bryant is emerging and very close and ahead of Thomas.

Just some examples. Not saying Thomas isnt very good, but i just dont throw him in there with the other star WR's. Its not a knock, Vince Jackson wasnt a star his first three years and Thomas reminds me a lot of VJ but i think VJ has a little bit better hands.
What does better "career" numbers even mean? Be specific.

Crabtree's numbers aren't close to Thomas, and everyone you named has worse numbers than Thomas...so you really don't have a point if you bring up people with WORSE numbers this season.

Did you say Thomas reminds you of VJ?

VJ hasn't put a season together that's even CLOSE to DT.... and let's not take away the fact that DT is astronomically more talented when it comes to physical capabilities.

They play nothing alike other than the fact that they both can play the deep ball well. Well, that's really the only thing VJ can do.

As far as Dez Bryant goes... he put together a legit season this year and if you want to call him a star go ahead...he's proven himself. You can see talent and "star" abilities by watching film and watching the game.

Only armchair GMs think otherwise.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:31 PM   #139
Popcorn Sutton
Ring of Famer
 
Popcorn Sutton's Avatar
 
Don't mess with Popcorn

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Who cares
Posts: 3,766

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jacob Tamme
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
ONE good season doesnt make you a star. Not saying he wont be but he isnt yet, no and thats what this board said about Welker after two better seasons than this. Funny, when it isnt your own guy he isnt a top WR in the nFL but when it is, its laughable that one good season dont make you a star. Like they say, do it again and again.

Is Crabtree a star? He has much better numbers than Thomas in his career by far and had his best season this year though not quite as good as Thomas.

Id call Crabtree one of the good WR's in the league but a star? He's no Steve Smith, or even Julio Jones imo who has been great right out of the gate.

Would you call Dez Bryant a star? He has better numbers in his career than Thomas in their 3 years and was on par with him this year. I think Bryant is emerging and very close and ahead of Thomas.

Just some examples. Not saying Thomas isnt very good, but i just dont throw him in there with the other star WR's. Its not a knock, Vince Jackson wasnt a star his first three years and Thomas reminds me a lot of VJ but i think VJ has a little bit better hands.
But you guys can call him a star if you want. Hell you called Cutler a star when he was a Bronco. Cutler is no star.
OK, now that we all know the standard. RGIII, Andrew Luck, Doug Martin, Von Miller aren't stars. Got it.

WTF?
Popcorn Sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:32 PM   #140
Popcorn Sutton
Ring of Famer
 
Popcorn Sutton's Avatar
 
Don't mess with Popcorn

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Who cares
Posts: 3,766

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jacob Tamme
Default

Thomas came back from a typically career ending achilles injury for Christ sake. His career numbers likely took a hit while he was rehabbing....
Popcorn Sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:32 PM   #141
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 20,404

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
ONE good season doesnt make you a star. Not saying he wont be but he isnt yet, no and thats what this board said about Welker after two better seasons than this. Funny, when it isnt your own guy he isnt a top WR in the nFL but when it is, its laughable that one good season dont make you a star. Like they say, do it again and again.

Is Crabtree a star? He has much better numbers than Thomas in his career by far and had his best season this year though not quite as good as Thomas.

Id call Crabtree one of the good WR's in the league but a star? He's no Steve Smith, or even Julio Jones imo who has been great right out of the gate.

Would you call Dez Bryant a star? He has better numbers in his career than Thomas in their 3 years and was on par with him this year. I think Bryant is emerging and very close and ahead of Thomas.

Just some examples. Not saying Thomas isnt very good, but i just dont throw him in there with the other star WR's. Its not a knock, Vince Jackson wasnt a star his first three years and Thomas reminds me a lot of VJ but i think VJ has a little bit better hands.
But you guys can call him a star if you want. Hell you called Cutler a star when he was a Bronco. Cutler is no star.
Boltjolt is bronco hating? You don't say
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:35 PM   #142
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
ONE good season doesnt make you a star. Not saying he wont be but he isnt yet, no and thats what this board said about Welker after two better seasons than this. Funny, when it isnt your own guy he isnt a top WR in the nFL but when it is, its laughable that one good season dont make you a star. Like they say, do it again and again.

Is Crabtree a star? He has much better numbers than Thomas in his career by far and had his best season this year though not quite as good as Thomas.

Id call Crabtree one of the good WR's in the league but a star? He's no Steve Smith, or even Julio Jones imo who has been great right out of the gate.

Would you call Dez Bryant a star? He has better numbers in his career than Thomas in their 3 years and was on par with him this year. I think Bryant is emerging and very close and ahead of Thomas.

Just some examples. Not saying Thomas isnt very good, but i just dont throw him in there with the other star WR's. Its not a knock, Vince Jackson wasnt a star his first three years and Thomas reminds me a lot of VJ but i think VJ has a little bit better hands.
But you guys can call him a star if you want. Hell you called Cutler a star when he was a Bronco. Cutler is no star.
Is there a limit on star players in the NFL? Crabtree has better numbers then Thomas? Hold the phone a player with 21 more games then another player has better stats. Go figure.
Crabtree has 112 more catches, 1075 yards, and 5 more TDs then Thomas. You would think that would be something to be expected from a WR that has over a FULL season on a guy.

Also yes Dez Bryant is a star, he also had a much better QB throwing him the ball then Thomas before this season.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:39 PM   #143
Popcorn Sutton
Ring of Famer
 
Popcorn Sutton's Avatar
 
Don't mess with Popcorn

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Who cares
Posts: 3,766

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jacob Tamme
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Thomas isn't a star yet
I guess he's our little secret.
Popcorn Sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:44 PM   #144
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer
 
Boltjolt's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,036
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popcorn Sutton View Post
Yes, he's not what he used to be. Fine to admit he's better than Tamme. Light years? Not quite but keep on homering....
Tamme is an average TE, end of story.


Quote:
OK dullard. I rounded up a game. His last 7 games he averaged 106 yards per game with Timmy Tebow. Not bad. Over a season that would be 1700 yards.
Not bad indeed but YOU said his last 8 season games which he would of averaged 60 yards per game. One huge playoff game lifts that average but they dont count for his season stats for which you said "Thomas was #2 in the NFL with Tim Tebow at QB during the last half of 2011"....so, WRONG!



Quote:
You said he was better than Thomas AND Decker though.
Going by your formula using stats, he was at the time. I was wrong about him bringing an impact.


Quote:
OK Bolt Dolt. Don't use "the board" as a basis for your argument. I'm not "the board." Marshall and Welker are both elite receivers so meh.
Ok, cool...name calling now. In anycase, i dont know if you were a part of that or not but i got a lot of angry feedback from this board.

Quote:
Based on your analysis. What does he need to do? Nearly 1500 yards and double digit TD production. OR, if you want to give me the Manning argument, averaging 106 yards per game after coming off of an achilles injury.
Read above. One good season doesnt make you a star. Trent Dilfer won a superbowl, is he a star? Is the Redskins rookie RB Alfred Morros a star right now? Whe you talk about the star RB's in this league, do you mention him? He may be soon but is he a star now?At least he did it year one. Tjis is Thomas 3rd and had his one good year with two meh's.

Quote:
You don't need stats to know that Thomas is a star receiver.
Because right no he isnt and im not saying he wont be. He just isnt right now. He had a breakout season.

Quote:
Like I said, he averaged 106 yards per game for his last 7 games. I rounded up.
But you goofed. He did, but not in the regular season.



Quote:
Right. Yep. I guess Elway signed him for $20 million per year average because he was funny on Saturday Night Live??
haha, well he took a chance. What if he got hit hard early and he was hurt most the year wit a sore neck...or whatever? Everyone would be saying it was a bad risk. Risks are a make or break. He was funny though on SNL.

Hey man, its your time again. Enjoy while you can and then Osweiler takes over.

Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-02-2013 at 09:52 PM..
Boltjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:48 PM   #145
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer
 
Boltjolt's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,036
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Boltjolt is bronco hating? You don't say
Im not hating, i am having a discussion. Im not the one pulling out the name calling card.
Boltjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:51 PM   #146
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Since Dec. 1, Thomas is averaging 22.5 yards per catch. His 108.7 yards per game are second in the NFL behind only Lions star Calvin Johnson. Thomas' teammates say they couldn't be happier for him after all he has endured.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e-broncos-hero
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:01 PM   #147
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer
 
Boltjolt's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,036
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Since Dec. 1, Thomas is averaging 22.5 yards per catch. His 108.7 yards per game are second in the NFL behind only Lions star Calvin Johnson. Thomas' teammates say they couldn't be happier for him after all he has endured.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e-broncos-hero
Well how can that be? Two of those games are playoff games so how can he be 2nd in the league when most the league isnt playing in the playoffs? Take those playoff games away and his last 5 games in the regular season are 89 YPG...which still isnt bad.
Im not denying he had some good games but it doesnt make sense that he was 2nd in the league after those games...oh wait, yes, i guess if the other 3/4 of the league dont play, that elevates him up the board.

That Jeff Darlington isnt very smart.
Boltjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:07 PM   #148
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Wow, boltjolt full of fail.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:09 PM   #149
Action
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Wow, boltjolt full of fail.
Quite obviously. He said DT reminds him of Vincent Jackson.

Does Randy Moss in his prime remind us of Vincent Jackson too?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:57 PM   #150
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck
 
Chris's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,576

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin
Default

Boltdolt is getting b****slapped left and right like blankman in an alley.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:38 PM.


Denver Broncos