The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2013, 07:17 AM   #101
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Well my taxes just went up 2%. That's a nice happy new years.
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:49 AM   #102
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal View Post
Well my taxes just went up 2%. That's a nice happy new years.
You're doing pretty damn well then. Either you're making $400,000 or better as an idividual or $450,000 or better as a family? I think you'll weather the storm.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:22 AM   #103
Meck77
Google Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Nope its all 100% Obama policy now. High taxes, high spending, big govt. Lets see how it works out.
It's funny. Obama wins the election and LABF disappears. I guess his work was done.

Let's not forget that QE4 just hit also to the tune of $85,000,000,000 per month with no limit.

I'm beside myself that these aholes are getting a raise. They raised our taxes $600,000,000,000 and did not agree to cut any significant spending. There is a train wreck coming.

If any of you think that just the rich are going to get taxed your are an idiot. You are going to get hit in every direction now. Sales taxes, property taxes, fees at the DMV, hunting license, park entry, you name it. The endless printing of money will catch up and each American is going to pay for it every time you walk out your front door or open your mail to pay bills.

If I'm hearing Obama correctly he flat out wants a blank check now to keep increasing the debt limit. Insane.

Like you said Cutt the Democrats own this economy now. Tax and spend without limit. Wow!

Last edited by Meck77; 01-02-2013 at 08:44 AM..
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:30 AM   #104
frerottenextelway
█████

█████

Adopt-a-Bronco:
██

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
You're doing pretty damn well then. Either you're making $400,000 or better as an idividual or $450,000 or better as a family? I think you'll weather the storm.
I assume he's referring to Obama's payroll tax cut expiring, which applies to everyone working.
frerottenextelway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:01 AM   #105
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frerottenextelway View Post
I assume he's referring to Obama's payroll tax cut expiring, which applies to everyone working.
Ah, gotcha.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:04 AM   #106
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
If I'm hearing Obama correctly he flat out wants a blank check now to keep increasing the debt limit. Insane.
You do realize that the purpose of increasing the debt limit is to fullfill commitments that have already been made, not to increase future spending, right? Because it would be stupid NOT to increase the debt ceiling under that proper understanding. This was an uncontroversial issue until the Tea Party lunatics got into Congress.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:14 AM   #107
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
The budget deal passed by the U.S. Senate today would raise taxes on 77.1 percent of U.S. households, mostly because of the expiration of a payroll tax cut, according to preliminary estimates from the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center in Washington.

More than 80 percent of households with incomes between $50,000 and $200,000 would pay higher taxes. Among the households facing higher taxes, the average increase would be $1,635, the policy center said. A 2 percent payroll tax cut, enacted during the economic slowdown, is being allowed to expire as of yesterday.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...ouseholds.html
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:32 AM   #108
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Now we have the 'bandaid,' it's time to get serious about the deficit.

Cuts, fixing waste and corruption should be the next order of business, but it will be another partisan food fight. If the House and Senate holds the country hostage again over the debt ceiling, it will be time for the electorate to cull out the partisan hacks at the mid terms.

Unlikely that any will happen.....except the debt ceiling rinse and repeat.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:34 AM   #109
frerottenextelway
█████

█████

Adopt-a-Bronco:
██

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
The budget deal passed by the U.S. Senate today would raise taxes on 77.1 percent of U.S. households, mostly because of the expiration of a payroll tax cut, according to preliminary estimates from the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center in Washington.

More than 80 percent of households with incomes between $50,000 and $200,000 would pay higher taxes. Among the households facing higher taxes, the average increase would be $1,635, the policy center said. A 2 percent payroll tax cut, enacted during the economic slowdown, is being allowed to expire as of yesterday.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...ouseholds.html
Ftr, the payroll tax cut was implemented by Democrats against Republican opposition and an extension was in Obama's original plan but removed in the compromise with Republicans. Just so it's clear who supports what.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:41 AM   #110
Meck77
Google Blows

Quote:
You do realize that the purpose of increasing the debt limit is to fullfill commitments that have already been made, not to increase future spending, right? Because it would be stupid NOT to increase the debt ceiling under that proper understanding. This was an uncontroversial issue until the Tea Party lunatics got into Congress.
You do realize we keep hitting the debt ceiling because of failed policies, bailout outs, and the economy just isn't growing like Obama wanted, with the democrats refusal to seriously cut spending. Not to mention Obama has been rocking the war machine even though he ran on a platform of "Bringing the boys home".

Look I realize everyone has a personal agenda. If I was getting a government check I wouldn't be lobbying for spending cuts either.

Obama got his entitlement votes and it's what got him elected. Will be interesting when those people get lopped off the government tit. It's coming. It has to.

Last edited by Meck77; 01-02-2013 at 09:47 AM..
Old 01-02-2013, 09:47 AM   #111
frerottenextelway
█████

█████

Adopt-a-Bronco:
██

Quote:
You do realize we keep hitting the debt ceiling because of failed policies, bailout outs, and the economy just isn't growing like Obama wanted, coupled with the democrats refusal to seriously cut spending.

Look I realize everyone has a personal agenda. If I was getting a government check I wouldn't be lobbying for spending cuts either.

Obama got his entitlement votes and it's what got him elected. Will be interesting when those people get lopped off the government tit. It's coming. It has to.
Pretty much none of that is true.

Deficit is just a code word for going after Social Security and Medicare.

And Obama won the vote of the people that work for a living, btw.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:59 AM   #112
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Taxes going up on everybody that has a job, drives a car, and eats. Not to mention health insurance premiums going up on most that are still alive. Happy days.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:04 AM   #113
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
You do realize we keep hitting the debt ceiling because of failed policies, bailout outs, and the economy just isn't growing like Obama wanted, with the democrats refusal to seriously cut spending. Not to mention Obama has been rocking the war machine even though he ran on a platform of "Bringing the boys home".
Yeah, just like I thought...you didn't realize that raising the debt ceiling does not prevent spending, it prevents us from paying our bills. Unfortunately, the Tea Party nuts in Congress are just as ignorant as you on that point.

Quote:

Is that you, Mitt?
Old 01-02-2013, 11:09 AM   #114
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
Taxes going up on everybody that has a job
You can thank the GOP for that, FYI. Obama wanted to extend the payroll tax (the 2% increase Rascal mentioned), but it was dropped as a concession to Republicans. Shows once again that they'll fight to the mat to protect the wealthy, but they don't give a damn about the working class.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:12 AM   #115
Arkie
Atlanta GM

Quote:
Pretty much none of that is true.

Deficit is just a code word for going after Social Security and Medicare.

And Obama won the vote of the people that work for a living, btw.
That graph represents every deficit that went over a trillion. The 2012 bar is inaccurate. It will be bigger than 2010 and 2011. The last four deficits account for 1/3 of our entire debt. No other deficit was half that big before 2009. We are in unchartered waters.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:29 PM   #116
Meck77
Google Blows

Quote:
Yeah, just like I thought...you didn't realize that raising the debt ceiling does not prevent spending, it prevents us from paying our bills. Unfortunately, the Tea Party nuts in Congress are just as ignorant as you on that point.

Is that you, Mitt?
Having paid off several million dollars in real estate loans in my lifetime I understand how debt works dude.

Maybe I'm just old school and don't believe in running life or in this case our government off a credit card. Cutting costs to you and our government isn't a concept that is understood or practiced.

Ok you win. Everything is fine.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:43 PM   #117
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Having paid off several million dollars in real estate loans in my lifetime I understand how debt works dude.

Maybe I'm just old school and don't believe in running life or in this case our government off a credit card. Cutting costs to you and our government isn't a concept that is understood or practiced.

Ok you win. Everything is fine.
I didn't say everything is fine, just pointing out that holding the debt ceiling hostage doesn't have any impact on spending. The debt ceiling gets raised to honor spending commitments that have already been made, often years earlier. In other words, failure to raise the debt ceiling won't prevent spending, it will prevent us from paying our bills. It's a dead-beat move, not a fiscally responsible one.

Last edited by BroncoInferno; 01-02-2013 at 12:50 PM..
Old 01-02-2013, 02:28 PM   #118
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Quote:
I'm not making near that.

Social Security tax rate hit.
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:35 PM   #119
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal View Post
I'm not making near that.

Social Security tax rate hit.
SS is simply going back to its normal rate. It isn't as if it's some new tax hike.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:06 PM   #120
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
If I was getting a government check I wouldn't be lobbying for spending cuts either.
Lazy bull****, as always.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:08 PM   #121
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
You can thank the GOP for that, FYI. Obama wanted to extend the payroll tax (the 2% increase Rascal mentioned), but it was dropped as a concession to Republicans. Shows once again that they'll fight to the mat to protect the wealthy, but they don't give a damn about the working class.
The Republicans never met a tax cut that didn't like -- as long as it mostly benefits the rich. A tax cut that actually helps the working and middle class? **** that!
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:20 PM   #122
Arkie
Atlanta GM

Quote:
They use the debt limit to play the public as fools. The debt limit should be discussed before they hike spending. They're already acknowledging the limit will have to be raised to finance their spending. So what's the purpose of having a debt limit? It gets raised every time anyway.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:22 PM   #123
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Anyone who thinks this is the last time Obama tries to raise taxes are crazy. Also at least repubs got the debt limit out of this deal. They can maybe fight for some cuts when Obama has to ask for it to be raised in a couple months.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:00 PM   #124
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Anyone who thinks this is the last time Obama tries to raise taxes are crazy. Also at least repubs got the debt limit out of this deal. They can maybe fight for some cuts when Obama has to ask for it to be raised in a couple months.
Obama didn't raise taxes,these tax cuts had an expiration date the moment they were signed into law 10 yrs ago. Obama kept the tax cuts for those that actually need it.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:01 PM   #125
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
They use the debt limit to play the public as fools. The debt limit should be discussed before they hike spending. They're already acknowledging the limit will have to be raised to finance their spending. So what's the purpose of having a debt limit? It gets raised every time anyway.
The debt limit will be raised so we can pay our bills.