The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2013, 07:16 PM   #2251
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
Well let me ask you this. Do you think the Broncos would be anywhere near what they are this year without him?

Fox has always been known to be conservative and his offenses haven't been all that great.

I think you should give JDR some credit for that defense, too. He's been fantastic for you guys.
Of course Peyton Manning is a huge reason for our success. Fox has been nothing but a great coach here. The defense has been good to great under him. Even last year they were very good til the piss poor Offense kept the D on the field too long and they could be beat. The amount of defensive and ST TD's under Fox has been great. Del Rio has been awesome too and it is obvious Fox and him work well together.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:18 PM   #2252
FearLanier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
I guarantee they win the division. Fox won the division with an unemployed punt protector.
That's very debatable. You think Tebow leads that comeback in SD?

I think it would have been a close race between you two.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:19 PM   #2253
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
That's very debatable. You think Tebow leads that comeback in SD?

I think it would have been a close race between you two.
What makes you think tebow would be the starter if manning wasn't here? If it wasn't manning it would've been someone other than tebow.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:25 PM   #2254
FearLanier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
What makes you think tebow would be the starter if manning wasn't here? If it wasn't manning it would've been someone other than tebow.
Ah yes you're right. I'm wondering who that would be? Do you think Elway would have started Twilight?

I think Elway would have gotten a FA QB and had his draft pick learn. Twilight is a developmental guy with little starting experience.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:26 PM   #2255
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

We win because Del Rio was signed before Manning was here. With this defense, in this crappy division I'm sure we would have been able to schlep out 8 wins.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:31 PM   #2256
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Ah yes you're right. I'm wondering who that would be? Do you think Elway would have started Twilight?

I think Elway would have gotten a FA QB and had his draft pick learn. Twilight is a developmental guy with little starting experience.
Im not sure where he wouldve turned to. Hard to say. Could've still been Brock. Or some journeyman veteran for short term. Good thing plan A happened cause I don't think there was ever a plan B. that quote from them seems scary true
Old 01-01-2013, 07:32 PM   #2257
DENVERDUI55

Quote:

I think Denver would of drafted Brandon Weeden honestly.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:34 PM   #2258
FearLanier

And my goodness Schefter is butchering this Andy Reid situation.

He tweeted that it's a 95% certainty that he's in Arizona and then a Cardinals official says they haven't even interviewed Reid yet and that it is false.

5 mins ago on NFL Live they said Reid wants to explore his options around the league (aka drive the price up).
Old 01-01-2013, 07:52 PM   #2259
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Bowe isn't coming back. He hates it there.
He said otherwise in the media.

And he'll love it even more when The Clark Knight pays him handsomely.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:59 PM   #2260
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post

No worries. Pioli knows what talent to retain.

TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:00 PM   #2261
Rolandftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post

You're really obsessed with Batman
Old 01-02-2013, 08:36 AM   #2262
FearLanier

Good job Clark.

Adam Schefter ‏ @ AdamSchefter
Plot thickens: Before arriving in Arizona tonight, Andy Reid will interview today in Philadelphia with the KC Chiefs, via @ mortreport.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:40 AM   #2263
FearLanier

Oh baby!!!!

Jason Cole ‏ @ JasonColeYahoo Educated guess here based on talks with many: If Reid gets KC job, Pioli power diminishes or fired. Also, think Reid is using AZ as leverage

@JasonLaCanfora Doubt he gets to #Cardinals! Always been atop the #Chiefs wish list! If Price is Right and Heckert is GM, KC locks it up.

Jason Cole ‏ @ JasonColeYahoo Also, if you know agent Bob Lamonte's MO (reps Reid, Gruden, Holmgren) G, it sure looks like # Cardinals are the ones getting used.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:43 AM   #2264
DENVERDUI55

What did you think of Poe this year?
Old 01-02-2013, 08:52 AM   #2265
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

You could do worse than Reid. I have no idea what kind of GM he is, but I always liked him. My only issue is if he is burned out or not. However Fox went right into his gig here and just changing scenery seemed to energize him. I would be a bit skeptical of him getting all power and having to divide his attention.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:57 AM   #2266
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
No worries. Pioli knows what talent to retain.

TLDR
Old 01-02-2013, 09:07 AM   #2267
FearLanier

If Reid comes to KC, Tom Heckert would presumably join him to be GM.

Chiefs President of Business Operations, Mark Donovan, was in Philly before coming to KC and is said to be very close with Reid.

Reid would bring instant respect to the Chiefs. I don't see why he would want to go to Arizona? Harbaugh, Carrol and Fisher make that the strongest division in the NFC next year IMO.

He would be a great fit with the Chiefs. This would be a fantastic hire by Clark. Get it done.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:30 AM   #2268
Bronco Boy
Avid Ambien Abuser

Eric Fischer: Catholic Priest

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:

Reid would bring instant respect to the Chiefs.
Bronco Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:54 PM   #2269
Rolandftw

Reid would bring more credibility as a head coach, then Crennel obviously. I suspect that Reid wants to drive up his price, but we'll see. KC might give him an offer that he can't turn down.

With that said, Reid isn't a miracle worker and KC still needs a ton of help
Old 01-02-2013, 02:01 PM   #2270
FearLanier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandftw View Post
Reid would bring more credibility as a head coach, then Crennel obviously. I suspect that Reid wants to drive up his price, but we'll see. KC might give him an offer that he can't turn down.

With that said, Reid isn't a miracle worker and KC still needs a ton of help
Well he is a guy who can develop a QB, find talent and lead men.

He's made the playoffs 9 out of his 14 years in Philly and went to 5 NFC Championship games and a SB.

That's a very good hire IMO.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:09 PM   #2271
Rolandftw

They could do worse for sure. Tho I'm not sure what Philadelphia has done is very comparable to what KC can do. They won't have a QB likely at a Donovan McNabb level even, and other then him... Philadelphia hasn't exactly developed too many QB's. Not to mention, the Eagles go big in free agency. Not sure KC will have that same type of ability
Old 01-02-2013, 02:14 PM   #2272
E_Rox

Quote:
He's made the playoffs 9 out of his 14 years in Philly and went to 5 NFC Championship games and a SB.
So by having five trips to the Conference Championship game and zero Lombardi's to show for it, if hired he will continue KC's outstanding playoff success?
Old 01-02-2013, 02:25 PM   #2273
Tim

It will take a whole lot more than a washed up coach to get kc competitive in the afcw
Old 01-02-2013, 02:58 PM   #2274
FearLanier

How is Reid a washed up coach? He's taken his team to the playoffs 3 of the last 5 years and had them on the doorstep to the SB, and that's with playing in a competitive division with a team that won the SB twice in that 5 year span.

He's basically John Fox, but with a better resume, as he had more success in Philly than Fox did in Carolina.

History is on Reid's side too since he's never won a SB. No coach has ever won a SB in two places.

Last edited by FearLanier; 01-02-2013 at 03:02 PM..
Old 01-02-2013, 03:02 PM   #2275
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
How is Reid a washed up coach? He's taken his team to the playoffs 3 of the last 5 years and had them on the doorstep to the SB.

He's basically John Fox, but with a better resume, as he had more success in Philly than Fox did in Carolina.

History is on Reid's side too since he's never won a SB. No coach has ever won a SB in two places.
Michael Wilborn is in AZ right now and he says the deal for Reid to become the HC with the Cards will happen.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote