The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2013, 10:06 PM   #101
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Where is Amazon!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 35,678

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!
Default

[QUOTE=lonestar;3768835]RIF. I have never dissed him as a super bowl winner. Fnd a post that I have not praised him for those wins.

My compliant about him is being a mediocre at best coach after losing his HOF players. He had the chance to replace them but he brought in such notables as foster, delta, ashley, pierce.. Please remember that mikey never brought any of those HOF guys they were already here when he came to town.

Read my posts he has my respect early as a coach it is his last decade in Denver that was a disgrace. Glen Cadrez,

6 players out of 41 round 1-3 players resigned to play in DEN.
Those are the guys that every good teams build their franchise on.

SIX PLAYERS IN 14 YEARS. THAT IS A DISGRACE and it is all HIS FAULT AS HE WAS IN TOTAL CHARGE.

He brought in guys like:
TD, Tod kitchen, Aaron Craver followed by Howard Griffith, Eddie Mac, Rod Smith, Chamberlain, Lionel Washington, Michael Dean Perry (bum!), Britt Hager, James Jones, Eric THomas, dante Jones, Tim Hauck, Mike Lodish, dave Garnett, Ralph Tamm, Von Hebron, Jeff Lewis, Mike Scharad, Romo, Alfred Williams, John Mobley, Tory James, Maa Haa Tanauvasa, Randy HIllyard.Jumpy Geathers, Schlareth, Brister, von Hebron, Derek Lovel, detron SMith, William Green, Patrick Jeffers, Anthony Lynn, tim mCkyre, Brian Griese, Darren Gordon,
Trevor Pryce, Neil Smith, Eric Brown, Keith Traylor, etc... from 95-1998. would have loved it if mCd hit on 2 % of those.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:05 AM   #102
steeledude
Seasoned Veteran
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 391

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Obviously you weren't paying attention. Champ was in talks, then they abruptly told him no discussions. Left him hanging through that season in october. He even said he was ready to move on and there's plenty of evidence on this that he was upset. Don't be lazy you can google.
Not only that, he put a contract on the table for Champ which was seriously a slap in the face, and Champ accepted it! Then McD pulled it and said never mind. What was up with his friggin' mind games? Champ was one of his biggest defenders before that.

The guy (mcd) was just a phenomenal failure.
steeledude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:10 AM   #103
spiralism
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

This just in, I'm announcing that I will not be pursuing Mila Kunis for a date this year.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:42 AM   #104
fontaine
Ring of Famer
 
fontaine's Avatar
 
Go John Manning!

Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 13,063
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
We have A LOT of McDaniels guys as core components of this team, especially for a guy who was only here for less than two full seasons.

Thomas, Decker, Beadles, Walton (pre-injury), and Moreno on offense are all heavy contributors.

Ayers, Vickerson, Bannan (brought in by McD, released by Elway, then brought back again) are all key contributors to the DL.

Colquitt is a McD acquisition, and Prater was on the verge of washing out until McDaniels brought in a new ST coach to get him squared away.

McDaniels' problem wasn't player acquisition, enough of his guys are still around to prove that.
Yes, with 8, yes EIGHT picks in the first two rounds in two drafts, even a blind fist pumping monkey could hit on a few players.

McDaniels problem wasn't player acquisition? I guess the rest of the league just hasn't caught up with the greatness that is:

Tim Tebow
Perrish Cox
Eric Olsen
Syd'Quan Thompson
Alphonso Smith
Darcel McBath
Richard Quinn
Seth Olsen

Not to mention players he brought in like:
Lawrence Maroney
Jarvis Green
Kyle Orton
Brady Quinn

Brady Quinn, Kyle Orton, Tim Tebow? That's what McDaniels brought to the table at the most important position on the team. The guy is a piece of sh*t when it comes to anything outside of being an offensive coordinator and even he realizes that now.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:48 AM   #105
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 24,976
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralism View Post
This just in, I'm announcing that I will not be pursuing Mila Kunis for a date this year.
this thread is awesome!
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:19 AM   #106
colonelbeef
Lets be friend
 
colonelbeef's Avatar
 
Elway is the new Jerry West

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 3,884

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Right. I'm sure the rest of the league is just beating down his door.
Exactly.

How did the Patriots offense do while he was in Denver, anyway?

Hmm.
colonelbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:39 AM   #107
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.
 
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun's Avatar
 
Time to believe!

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gensis Planet
Posts: 6,589

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
this thread is awesome!
Now this thread is awesome!
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:36 AM   #108
Drek
Ring of Famer
 
Drek's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 12,368
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
Yes, with 8, yes EIGHT picks in the first two rounds in two drafts, even a blind fist pumping monkey could hit on a few players.

McDaniels problem wasn't player acquisition? I guess the rest of the league just hasn't caught up with the greatness that is:

Tim Tebow
Perrish Cox
Eric Olsen
Syd'Quan Thompson
Alphonso Smith
Darcel McBath
Richard Quinn
Seth Olsen

Not to mention players he brought in like:
Lawrence Maroney
Jarvis Green
Kyle Orton
Brady Quinn

Brady Quinn, Kyle Orton, Tim Tebow? That's what McDaniels brought to the table at the most important position on the team. The guy is a piece of sh*t when it comes to anything outside of being an offensive coordinator and even he realizes that now.
1. His 4 first round picks have paid off as well or better than anyone else in the league over that stretch. Thomas is a future star, Ayers has been a solid starter/very good rotational DE who has continued to improve. Moreno was the starter for two years, was never healthy last year long enough to even compete for the job, and now looks even better so far this season. Tebow took a 1-5 team to a division title and a MASSIVE win against the Steelers, that alone was worth the pick.

2. His second round selections were weak, but also 3 of the 4 came in his first year on a short prep schedule. McBath couldn't stay healthy after his rookie year, but that happens to anyone's draft selections. Smith and Quinn were busts (though Smith did have two solid years as a backup CB for Detroit). Beadles however has been a starter since day one and has done quite well for us, so at least one of those four was a clear hit.

Total success rate in the first two rounds = 5/8, not bad by NFL standards.

After that you list a bunch of late round guys which no one expects much from (Thompson's career with the Broncos is FAR better than you'd normally get form a 7th rounder for example).

As for free agents, you're griping about a bunch of low cost filler additions that ever team makes. The current regime gave Joe Mays more guaranteed money for this season than all of those players ever got from the Broncos excluding Orton, but that big payday for him was due to Elway's decision, not McDaniels.

His time here was the purge this club needed post-Shanahan (who I still argue is a first ballot HoF coach). Acting like he failed at everything in general is narrow minded, half assed bull**** that is beneath a board where people should be able to parse data into finer groups than "succeed" and "fail".
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:41 AM   #109
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
1. His 4 first round picks have paid off as well or better than anyone else in the league over that stretch. Thomas is a future star, Ayers has been a solid starter/very good rotational DE who has continued to improve. Moreno was the starter for two years, was never healthy last year long enough to even compete for the job, and now looks even better so far this season. Tebow took a 1-5 team to a division title and a MASSIVE win against the Steelers, that alone was worth the pick.

2. His second round selections were weak, but also 3 of the 4 came in his first year on a short prep schedule. McBath couldn't stay healthy after his rookie year, but that happens to anyone's draft selections. Smith and Quinn were busts (though Smith did have two solid years as a backup CB for Detroit). Beadles however has been a starter since day one and has done quite well for us, so at least one of those four was a clear hit.

Total success rate in the first two rounds = 5/8, not bad by NFL standards.

After that you list a bunch of late round guys which no one expects much from (Thompson's career with the Broncos is FAR better than you'd normally get form a 7th rounder for example).

As for free agents, you're griping about a bunch of low cost filler additions that ever team makes. The current regime gave Joe Mays more guaranteed money for this season than all of those players ever got from the Broncos excluding Orton, but that big payday for him was due to Elway's decision, not McDaniels.

His time here was the purge this club needed post-Shanahan (who I still argue is a first ballot HoF coach). Acting like he failed at everything in general is narrow minded, half assed bull**** that is beneath a board where people should be able to parse data into finer groups than "succeed" and "fail".

Now it's 1-5? Keep spinning the truth.

Sure every team makes the low cost filler additions. Problem was McD was using them as priority. Gotta love throwing Jarvis green all that money for not even 1 play.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:39 AM   #110
Drek
Ring of Famer
 
Drek's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 12,368
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Now it's 1-5? Keep spinning the truth.

Sure every team makes the low cost filler additions. Problem was McD was using them as priority. Gotta love throwing Jarvis green all that money for not even 1 play.
"All that money" was $3M, we paid Joe Mays more than that this season and I think most here would agree that they'd preferred it had he never played a snap.

And if you consider a guy like Jarvis Green a "priority" signing for McDaniels doesn't that just underline how little he was given to work with for a free agent budget?

Last edited by Drek; 01-02-2013 at 09:43 AM..
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:52 AM   #111
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Beadles and Walton were on their way out of the NFL and Thomas and Decker were just tall dudes with bad hands that ran bad routes last year. McD is the WORST developer of players. Even if he drafts someone with talent they still end up a bust because he BLOWS. Thank you Manning for saving our team and making our past drafts look solid.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:01 AM   #112
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'
 
2KBack's Avatar
 
Cake is delicious

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wash DC
Posts: 7,857
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Beadles and Walton were on their way out of the NFL and Thomas and Decker were just tall dudes with bad hands that ran bad routes last year. McD is the WORST developer of players. Even if he drafts someone with talent they still end up a bust because he BLOWS. Thank you Manning for saving our team and making our past drafts look solid.
To be fair, is 1.5 seasons really enough time to develop anyone? He didn't have a full season with any of the players you listed.
2KBack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:13 AM   #113
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
To be fair, is 1.5 seasons really enough time to develop anyone? He didn't have a full season with any of the players you listed.
Because he sucked.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:27 AM   #114
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Beadles and Walton were on their way out of the NFL and Thomas and Decker were just tall dudes with bad hands that ran bad routes last year. McD is the WORST developer of players. Even if he drafts someone with talent they still end up a bust because he BLOWS. Thank you Manning for saving our team and making our past drafts look solid.
So you mean fox and mc coy are lousy coaches because last year they were the guys in charge when tall dudes were lousy. Get over you love affaire with tanahana. He drafted watts the one handed WR.
Your pathetic. As for Beadles and Walton they will be around a long time.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:34 AM   #115
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

[QUOTE=broncosteven;3769012]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
RIF. I have never dissed him as a super bowl winner. Fnd a post that I have not praised him for those wins.

My compliant about him is being a mediocre at best coach after losing his HOF players. He had the chance to replace them but he brought in such notables as foster, delta, ashley, pierce.. Please remember that mikey never brought any of those HOF guys they were already here when he came to town.

Read my posts he has my respect early as a coach it is his last decade in Denver that was a disgrace. Glen Cadrez,

6 players out of 41 round 1-3 players resigned to play in DEN.
Those are the guys that every good teams build their franchise on.

SIX PLAYERS IN 14 YEARS. THAT IS A DISGRACE and it is all HIS FAULT AS HE WAS IN TOTAL CHARGE.

He brought in guys like:
TD, Tod kitchen, Aaron Craver followed by Howard Griffith, Eddie Mac, Rod Smith, Chamberlain, Lionel Washington, Michael Dean Perry (bum!), Britt Hager, James Jones, Eric THomas, dante Jones, Tim Hauck, Mike Lodish, dave Garnett, Ralph Tamm, Von Hebron, Jeff Lewis, Mike Scharad, Romo, Alfred Williams, John Mobley, Tory James, Maa Haa Tanauvasa, Randy HIllyard.Jumpy Geathers, Schlareth, Brister, von Hebron, Derek Lovel, detron SMith, William Green, Patrick Jeffers, Anthony Lynn, tim mCkyre, Brian Griese, Darren Gordon,
Trevor Pryce, Neil Smith, Eric Brown, Keith Traylor, etc... from 95-1998. would have loved it if mCd hit on 2 % of those.
Yet 90% of those players were brought in and overpaid in his first couple of years.

Now lost the skells he brought in over the next 10 years and they did not reach thatnlevel.



Btw Rod Smith was already on the team when he got here.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:35 AM   #116
Action
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Beadles and Walton were on their way out of the NFL and Thomas and Decker were just tall dudes with bad hands that ran bad routes last year. McD is the WORST developer of players. Even if he drafts someone with talent they still end up a bust because he BLOWS. Thank you Manning for saving our team and making our past drafts look solid.
If you're older than 18, I highly suggest you see a nursing home.

Sounds like you can barely wipe your own ass.

Beadles and Walton on their way out of the NFL?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:37 AM   #117
Action
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

People blaming for McDaniels for what happened in St. Louis is really just sad. As Drek said, fans in st. Louis don't even blame him...only omane posters that McDaniels took souls from do.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:38 AM   #118
Action
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeledude View Post
Not only that, he put a contract on the table for Champ which was seriously a slap in the face, and Champ accepted it! Then McD pulled it and said never mind. What was up with his friggin' mind games? Champ was one of his biggest defenders before that.

The guy (mcd) was just a phenomenal failure.
McDaniels should have never been GM and in charge of things like that off the bat.

The process of the hire was a phenomenal failure.

Not even John Fox, a guy whose been in the league for 25 years would be allowed to have full GM power.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:45 AM   #119
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

You can sugar coat McDaniels however you want to. Fact is after the 6-0 start he went 5-17. Worst record in football during that 22 game stretch. He failed to make the adjustments needed to win games. Even cheating with video cameras couldnt help him win. He got progressively worse as his short career went on.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:48 AM   #120
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
You can sugar coat McDaniels however you want to. Fact is after the 6-0 start he went 5-17. Worst record in football during that 22 game stretch. He failed to make the adjustments needed to win games. Even cheating with video cameras couldnt help him win. He got progressively worse as his short career went on.
Yet tools prefer McD over Shanny.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:57 AM   #121
Action
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
You can sugar coat McDaniels however you want to. Fact is after the 6-0 start he went 5-17. Worst record in football during that 22 game stretch. He failed to make the adjustments needed to win games. Even cheating with video cameras couldnt help him win. He got progressively worse as his short career went on.
Shanahan had colossal collapses, and he was a vet HC with 2 super bowls.

Look, there's no perfect coach. You can only put so much weight on a coach who didn't get 2 seasons, let alone 3, to coach a team in his FIRST coaching gig. I would put that standard on ANY coach not just McDaniels. Let's be clear about that.

Didn't use the cameras, obviously people are mad so they still use this.

Yes, the team fell off due to ultimately, hiring a ****ty ass DC because he wanted the defense ran only his way. Does that sound familiar to you?

Fact is, McDaniels should have never been asked to run the whole damn organization with no support all while being the head coach of a football team considering it was his 1st HC position in his career... ignoring that fact alone really jades the reality people try to paint with these records.

Oh yeah, let's not add the **** talent that was on the squad to begin with and the financial **** hole the Broncos were in because our previous head coach liked to sign week old peanut butter and jelly sandwiches off the street.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:00 AM   #122
Action
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Let's be clear: McDaniels left the team in much better shape than Shanahan did...case in point?

We won the division and a playoff game against the STEELERS a season after he got fired using his core players.

We are currently 13-3, best record in the NFL (taking strength of schedule into account) while having many of his players on the squad and starting.

Oh yeah, and we aren't in a financial **** hole either with millions upon millions upon millions in dead money.

Those are facts...not feelings involved.

Saying that he used cameras is not a fact...it's just something that makes your precious feelings feel better.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:04 AM   #123
Action
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Oh yeah, and guess who gave Tebow a season that made him look like he could play football... took Manning to his 2nd best season in his CAREER with an offense that ranked 4th in yardage and 2nd in scoring...

Mike McCoy.

Whose the hottest coordinator on the BLOCK in the NFL right now that's up for a HC gig?

Mike McCoy

Oh wait, who hired Mike McCoy as an OC?

That's right. Yours truly, Josh McDaniels.

Go look at the Broncos coaching staff and you'd be surprised how many coaches are still here from his tenure.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:08 AM   #124
B-Large
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Thats great news for some NFL team... that guy's a disaster
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:14 AM   #125
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'
 
2KBack's Avatar
 
Cake is delicious

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wash DC
Posts: 7,857
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Because he sucked.
Be that as it may....the development of talent isn't really a fair trait to attack him for, since he wasn't around long enough for any real development to occur. There are plenty of failings to point at, it seems superfluous to create one.
2KBack is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:31 PM.


Denver Broncos