The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2013, 01:07 PM   #51
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Neither supportter or detractor.

He did what needed to be done in Denver got rid of as many knuckle heads as he could, got rid of most of the oline that sucked in the redzone.

Got rid of 8 out of the 11 defensive starters none of which started for any other team the next year and most of them were no longer in the NFL in 09.

Would have gotten rid of dumb ass but that out roar would have been deafening. As he was not quite yet a Praia yet. Was dumb as a post but not quite bad enough to cut.

Unloaded all the light in the ass RBs that hung on.

He cleaned house when it needed to be done.

So was I a supporter of that absolutely. The way he handled some things no. But he did what Tanahana failed to get done formgoing on a decade cut dead wood to clear the way for the kids he drafted and brought in. More importantly the players that John the GM brought to town.

Joshes only downfall was not having a great GM for picking players. Well,second one was not staying out of the way of his DC and allowing him to do his job. But at least he was smart enough initially to hire a DC that was not a yes man.

I'd rather be known for supporting the plan Josh had when he came to town than being known as a tanahan suck up.
Lol...you have an aversion to facts. Josh actually said DJ was one of the best LBs in the league and praised him for like 3 mins straight once. But he would have gotten rid of him..right?
Old 01-01-2013, 01:13 PM   #52
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Code:
RD	SEL #	PLAYER	POSITION	SCHOOL
1	22	Demaryius Thomas	WR	Georgia Tech
1	25	Tim Tebow	QB	Florida
2	45	Zane Beadles	G	Utah
3	80	J.D. Walton	C	Baylor
3	87	Eric Decker	WR	Minnesota
5	137	Perrish Cox	CB	Oklahoma State
6	183	Eric Olsen	G	Notre Dame
7	225	Syd'Quan Thompson	DB	California
7	232	Jammie Kirlew	DE	Indiana
2009 - DENVER BRONCOS
RD	SEL #	PLAYER	POSITION	SCHOOL
1	12	Knowshon Moreno	RB	Georgia
1	18	Robert Ayers	LB	Tennessee
2	37	Alphonso Smith	DB	Wake Forest
2	48	Darcel McBath	DB	Texas Tech
2	64	Richard Quinn	TE	North Carolina
4	114	David Bruton	DB	Notre Dame
4	132	Seth Olsen	G	Iowa
5	141	Kenny McKinley	WR	South Carolina
6	174	Tom Brandstater	QB	Fresno State
7	225	Blake Schlueter	C	Texas Christian
I'll take that over Tanahanas piss poor record of 6 out of 41 round 1-3 guys resigned during his regime.
When a coach moves up to draft a guy then trades him after one year he is making mistakes. Shanny had a larger sample size, 14 years to mCd's 18 months.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:13 PM   #53
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

McD sucked. Manning made pretty much all of McD's draft picks into players NONE of the offensive players McD drafted would have developed with McD.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:36 PM   #54
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
McD sucked. Manning made pretty much all of McD's draft picks into players NONE of the offensive players McD drafted would have developed with McD.
Thank You!
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:49 PM   #55
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default Pp

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
For what. What did we get in return.
IMO and a great many folks throughout the NFL just getting rid of the moron was enough.

He is a coach killer with his attitude of my gun is better than anyone else's Incan force my passes into tighter spots and all is good. The moke has a 100 TDs but has funbled and been intercepted IIRC 150 + times.

He has the physical atributes to be one of the greatest QBs. Burke him it is the mental issues that kill him.

We got draft choices for him. And that was a plus. We got draft choices for the other two morons Tanahana wasted draft choices on.

What we got from them frankly I do not care. I moved past worrying about it. Clearly you have not.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:53 PM   #56
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Lol...you have an aversion to facts. Josh actually said DJ was one of the best LBs in the league and praised him for like 3 mins straight once. But he would have gotten rid of him..right?
I did not say anything if the sort. RIF. I said he should have gotten rid of him while he was cleaning house. If you read anything besides that sorry.

I'm strictly on iPhone posting since I'm out if town actually in Colorado for the first rounds of playoffs. Could have planned that better.
Old 01-01-2013, 02:04 PM   #57
Action

It's funny how we have people on here who support Cutler to the fullest yet he completely ****ted on the city of Denver. Yall are 6s just remember that.

Oh yeah... And McDaniels is a top coach in the league everyone knows that. That's why you people and the league are still talking today.
Old 01-01-2013, 02:15 PM   #58
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
IMO and a great many folks throughout the NFL just getting rid of the moron was enough.

He is a coach killer with his attitude of my gun is better than anyone else's Incan force my passes into tighter spots and all is good. The moke has a 100 TDs but has funbled and been intercepted IIRC 150 + times.

He has the physical atributes to be one of the greatest QBs. Burke him it is the mental issues that kill him.

We got draft choices for him. And that was a plus. We got draft choices for the other two morons Tanahana wasted draft choices on.

What we got from them frankly I do not care. I moved past worrying about it. Clearly you have not.
We got draft picks for Cutler and they threw in Orton, sadly mCd wasted those picks, wasted the Tebow pick, blew the Smith pick and didn't he even move up to get Quinn?

The kid was totally unprepared for a HC gig and still is to this day.
Old 01-01-2013, 02:40 PM   #59
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Quote:

Cut the BS. If you want a debate lets debate. Guess what. I can move on and hold a grudge at the same time. I haven't got a problem getting rid of Cutler
My point was what did he bring in to replace him. Did Mcdumbass bring in a 4000 yard passer. No. Did McDumbass bring in a probowl WR. No. I care about the Broncos. Period. If the HC want finding in his guys. I'm fine with that. But you better bring in guys that help the team. Period. Fact is nobody the Mcdumbass brought in help us win when he was here. As far as DT, Decker, Moreano and Aryes are concerned they still got a lot approving to do before I can consider them good liters for us.
Edit- Red

Last edited by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun; 01-01-2013 at 08:03 PM..
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:47 PM   #60
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

DT is a pro-bowl quality WR. He should've been in the pro-bowl this yr.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:07 PM   #61
yerner
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
It's funny how we have people on here who support Cutler to the fullest yet he completely ****ted on the city of Denver. Yall are 6s just remember that.

Oh yeah... And McDaniels is a top coach in the league everyone knows that. That's why you people and the league are still talking today.

Grow up, **** stick.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:18 PM   #62
Drunken.Broncoholic

McD treated Champ like a piece of trash. No doubt he would've let Champ walk.

Who cares if people are still talking about him. You do realize amazing suckage gets just as much attention as greatness?
Old 01-01-2013, 04:02 PM   #63
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
We have A LOT of McDaniels guys as core components of this team, especially for a guy who was only here for less than two full seasons.

Thomas, Decker, Beadles, Walton (pre-injury), and Moreno on offense are all heavy contributors.

Ayers, Vickerson, Bannan (brought in by McD, released by Elway, then brought back again) are all key contributors to the DL.

Colquitt is a McD acquisition, and Prater was on the verge of washing out until McDaniels brought in a new ST coach to get him squared away.

McDaniels' problem wasn't player acquisition, enough of his guys are still around to prove that. His problem wasn't coaching hires, enough of his staff are around to prove that. And the problem clearly wasn't his FO staff as we've generally just been promoting those guys since he's left. He had no ability to be "the guy" and that is why he failed here. He couldn't delegate authority and he clearly had trust issues. End result he couldn't be a leader of men.

Funny thing is that both Belichick and Shanahan had similar ego driven issues attached to them in their previous jobs. The "doesn't play well with others" label and all that. That is a frequent reason for HC failure of course and most never fix it, but whether McDaniels does or doesn't is no longer something for us Broncos fans to worry about.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:34 PM   #64
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
When a coach moves up to draft a guy then trades him after one year he is making mistakes. Shanny had a larger sample size, 14 years to mCd's 18 months.
Mistakes were made no doubt but nothing like Tanahanas shooting snake eyes in the crap shoot called the nfl.

Well documented 6 of 41 round 1-3 players resigned during is tenure in Denver. Of them only DJ was drafted after 2000. Personally IMO dj should not have been given the superstar contract he was.

Josh based most of his decisions off of Tanahans scouting reports or since he fired all of them a few weeks before the draft had to scramble to do a draft board based on what he could come up with NO ONE knows for sure..
But I know I would not have based all my decisions based on a scouting department that was looking for Mikey's type of guys vs what I needed.

Drafting mikey type players does nothing to change the complexion of the team just more of the same.

Of the players he did draft other than Tebow all of his #1s from year one will be resigned (as it looks today) and all of the 1-3 in the second year will be with the team..
As it stand s now those 18 months will yield as many players long term as tahananaS 14 years will.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:37 PM   #65
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Lonestar: A McDaniels fan for only the reason he replaced Shanahan.

Hitch on that loser ride Lonestar. It does you well.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:40 PM   #66
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Wow are you drinking tonight.

Sad that you might actually beleive that.

That manning is the only reason.

Beadles Walton decker and Thomas would be trash without manning.

You are pathetic.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:48 PM   #67
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Lonestar: A McDaniels fan for only the reason he replaced Shanahan.

Hitch on that loser ride Lonestar. It does you well.
I'd be a fan of any coach that replaced that loser.

Let me qualify that AGAIN. liked what he did with HOF players when they left he was average at best. Wn a lot of meaningless games but when it counted he lost games. The last three years could have been in the playoffs with one winning game more each year but they fizzled. In the playoffs except for ONE count it one game in the playoffs all ass kickings. Let me repeat that so it sinks in

ONE PLAYOFF GAME WITHOUT HOF PLAYERS.

Why y'all did not get that is beyond me.

I loved what Josh did to change the team as it needed it.

Dinner bell just rang out here on the ranch.. Later.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:56 PM   #68
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Let me get this straight Lonestar loves McDipshyt the worst thing to ever happen to the Broncos and Hates Shanahan who was the best thing to ever happen to the Broncos besides Elway.........Brilliant
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:59 PM   #69
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
I'd be a fan of any coach that replaced that loser.

Let me qualify that AGAIN. liked what he did with HOF players when they left he was average at best. Wn a lot of meaningless games but when it counted he lost games. The last three years could have been in the playoffs with one winning game more each year but they fizzled. In the playoffs except for ONE count it one game in the playoffs all ass kickings. Let me repeat that so it sinks in

ONE PLAYOFF GAME WITHOUT HOF PLAYERS.

Why y'all did not get that is beyond me.

I loved what Josh did to change the team as it needed it.

Dinner bell just rang out here on the ranch.. Later.

There are many here that agree he wasn't very good the last 3 years. Those same "many" think McDaniels ended up being a horrible coach for us in less than 2 years.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:59 PM   #70
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Mistakes were made no doubt but nothing like Tanahanas shooting snake eyes in the crap shoot called the nfl.
I figured an old guy like you would remember the back to back SB titles Shanny brought us.

If he had a decent QB in 2005 he would have 3 SB wins.

I don't get your blind hate for a 2 time SB winner and an eventual HOF HC yet you love one of the worst HC's of all time.
Old 01-01-2013, 05:01 PM   #71
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
I loved what Josh did to change the team as it needed
And that was turning a mediocre team into the worst team in football. Breaking franchise records for sucking along the way
Old 01-01-2013, 05:30 PM   #72
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
McD treated Champ like a piece of trash. No doubt he would've let Champ walk.

Who cares if people are still talking about him. You do realize amazing suckage gets just as much attention as greatness?
I've never heard anything like that. Sounds like sour grapes to me. You have a link to that tripe.
Old 01-01-2013, 05:44 PM   #73
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I figured an old guy like you would remember the back to back SB titles Shanny brought us.

If he had a decent QB in 2005 he would have 3 SB wins.

I don't get your blind hate for a 2 time SB winner and an eventual HOF HC yet you love one of the worst HC's of all time.
RIF. I have never dissed him as a super bowl winner. Fnd a post that I have not praised him for those wins.

My compliant about him is being a mediocre at best coach after losing his HOF players. He had the chance to replace them but he brought in such notables as foster, delta, ashley, pierce.. Please remember that mikey never brought any of those HOF guys they were already here when he came to town.

Read my posts he has my respect early as a coach it is his last decade in Denver that was a disgrace.

6 players out of 41 round 1-3 players resigned to play in DEN.
Those are the guys that every good teams build their franchise on.

SIX PLAYERS IN 14 YEARS. THAT IS A DISGRACE and it is all HIS FAULT AS HE WAS IN TOTAL CHARGE.

No one else to blame but mikey.
Old 01-01-2013, 05:47 PM   #74
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
And that was turning a mediocre team into the worst team in football. Breaking franchise records for sucking along the way
Again talking crap we have never drafted first. Making mole hills into rocky mountains.

He was not even the head coach all that last year. So you have no idea if they would not have win more games. Do you?

I get it your bromance with mikey is showing.
Old 01-01-2013, 05:49 PM   #75
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Let me get this straight Lonestar loves McDipshyt the worst thing to ever happen to the Broncos and Hates Shanahan who was the best thing to ever happen to the Broncos besides Elway.........Brilliant
Really disappointed to see this post as you have been a responsible educated poster.

Read my posts RIF.

Last edited by lonestar; 01-01-2013 at 05:52 PM..