The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2013, 08:37 AM   #1
v2micca
Perennial Pro-bowler

Default So Kaylore, I was wondering

If J.J. Abrams ever stops playing coy and just admits that Cumberbatch is indeed portraying Khan, will he ever make it into your Avatar rotation?

Last edited by v2micca; 01-01-2013 at 10:44 AM..
v2micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2013, 09:08 AM   #2
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?

<1000 post rule?
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:33 AM   #3
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

That was my assumption from the trailer too.

Admittedly though, the only star trek I've ever seen was the new one and most of my star trek info has come from the OM
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:33 AM   #4
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Guapo View Post
<1000 post rule?
Bye week. Relax
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:51 AM   #5
Bronco Yoda

The trailers look more like Gary Mitchell than Khan to me. It's probably neither.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:00 AM   #6
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

I'm boycotting Abrams until he agrees to do the new Star Wars trilogy.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:01 AM   #7
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Pete Carroll is a douche

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
The trailers look more like Gary Mitchell than Khan to me. It's probably neither.
This.

First, cumberbatch is a bad ass. If you get a chance, see him in Sherlock. If he got to play Khan, I would definitely consider it. However I'm 80% sure he isn't Khan. And 50% sure he's Gary Mitchell. We'll find out soon. Regardless, the new movie looks like it could be a good sequel.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:25 AM   #8
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

I am still not sure what in the hell this thread is about
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:31 AM   #9
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
I am still not sure what in the hell this thread is about
Ditto. Not knocking it. Just have no clue besides its about startrek
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:36 AM   #10
v2micca
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
This.

First, cumberbatch is a bad ass. If you get a chance, see him in Sherlock. If he got to play Khan, I would definitely consider it. However I'm 80% sure he isn't Khan. And 50% sure he's Gary Mitchell. We'll find out soon. Regardless, the new movie looks like it could be a good sequel.
Eh, I'm not as excited. The 9 minute preview that ran in front of the Hobbit looked god-awful to me. I still cannot stand Chris Pine's douchebag Kirk and Zackory Quinto's Sheldon Cooper, which I'm guessing he thinks is Spock. And when it comes to Trek, not getting those characters right is a deal breaker.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:42 AM   #11
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Who is Kalore? Is this the same person as Kupr?
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:46 AM   #12
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Who is Kalore? Is this the same person as Kupr?
I think they both played on the 2007 Steelers offensive line with Foneco.
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:52 AM   #13
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowlenBall View Post
I think they both played on the 2007 Steelers offensive line with Foneco.
Well, I see V2Micca went and changed the title. I guess he didn't want to go the way of Broncosfan2438 and try to change the title once Foneco took off. I think he caught it in time. Funny note: Kaylore pretty much started the Foneco thread with his post of it being a phone company in France.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:30 AM   #14
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Originally Posted by v2micca View Post
Eh, I'm not as excited. The 9 minute preview that ran in front of the Hobbit looked god-awful to me. I still cannot stand Chris Pine's douchebag Kirk and Zackory Quinto's Sheldon Cooper, which I'm guessing he thinks is Spock. And when it comes to Trek, not getting those characters right is a deal breaker.
Seriously are you kiddin me.............

Kirk and Spock would be proud of their latest portrayals.......what more could you want from the "next generation" so to speak ?
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:57 AM   #15
v2micca
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post

Kirk and Spock would be proud of their latest portrayals.......what more could you want from the "next generation" so to speak ?
Oh, I don't know, a Kirk who doesn't come off as an entitled fratboy and burgeoning sociopath and a Spock with a voice that sounds like he has actually experienced puberty. Seriously, they stuck him in a scene with Nimoy and there must have been a 3 octave difference between the two.

And seriously, what kind of a Military organization hands the Flag Ship off their fleet over to a 25 year little s*** that just graduated from the academy?
Old 01-01-2013, 12:00 PM   #16
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
This.

First, cumberbatch is a bad ass. If you get a chance, see him in Sherlock. If he got to play Khan, I would definitely consider it. However I'm 80% sure he isn't Khan. And 50% sure he's Gary Mitchell. We'll find out soon. Regardless, the new movie looks like it could be a good sequel to The Abyss.
Fixed it for you.

JJ Abrams has totally destroyed the Star Trek Universe. What is up with the Enterprise crashing into San Fran bay?
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:06 PM   #17
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:

The whole appeal of Spock in TOS was the conflict within as he kept his emotions at bay. In the new reboot he is strutting around tapping Uhura and showing all kinds of emotions, I was never a big Spock fan but it was a huge plot point in about every episode in one way or another it was at the least hinted at so getting that wrong destroyed any shred of respect I have for this new reboot. That and a 20 year old Kirk not even out of the Academy getting command for the flagship of the Federation made it as plausable as the movie Battleship.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:21 PM   #18
broncofever

Quote:
This.

Must agree, have become a big fan of Sherlock and both lead actors in it. As for the character, it's been long rumored to be Khan and the preview gives some indication that is a revenge scenario giving some small credance to Wrath, but I think you may be correct that he is not Khan. One random detail came out of the Wikipedia on Benedict, take it for what it's worth though because I am not sure it's really verified, but it stated he was playing John Harrison. also found this article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz..._campaign=1490

So he probably won't be replacing your avatar. And really who could replace Ricardo Montalban and his rich corinthian leather.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:23 PM   #19
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corinthian_leather

Corinthian leather is a term coined by the advertising agency Bozell to describe the upholstery used in certain Chrysler luxury vehicles. The term first appeared in advertising in 1974.[1] Although the term suggests that the product has a relationship to or origination from Corinth, there is no relationship; the term is a marketing concept.

The term was first used during the marketing campaign for the 1974 Imperial LeBaron, but the term is usually associated with the marketing campaign for the 1975 Cordoba and that campaign's celebrity spokesperson, Ricardo Montalban, who described "the thickly-cushioned luxury of seats available even in soft Corinthian leather."[2][3]

Despite the exotic origin suggested by the name "Corinthian leather", much of the leather used in Chrysler vehicles during the era originated from a supplier located outside Newark, New Jersey.[4]

Some sources say the term refers to the combination of leather seating surfaces and vinyl seat sides, while other sources say the term simply referred to the leather itself.[5][6][2]
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:33 PM   #20
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Originally Posted by v2micca View Post
Oh, I don't know, a Kirk who doesn't come off as an entitled fratboy and burgeoning sociopath and a Spock with a voice that sounds like he has actually experienced puberty. Seriously, they stuck him in a scene with Nimoy and there must have been a 3 octave difference between the two.

And seriously, what kind of a Military organization hands the Flag Ship off their fleet over to a 25 year little s*** that just graduated from the academy?

So you don't like Spock's voice ? lol

That 25 year old fratboy just saved the planet Earth so yeah maybe he showed some promise ? lol

You do realize the time line had been screwed up in the first movie ?

Also everyone take a chill pill on the new movie, not completed or edited yet...................
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:39 PM   #21
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
So you don't like Spock's voice ? lol

That 25 year old fratboy just saved the planet Earth so yeah maybe he showed some promise ? lol

You do realize the time line had been screwed up in the first movie ?

Also everyone take a chill pill on the new movie, not completed or edited yet...................
If your counting timeline why are the ships completely different and uglier. Just total fail, they should have just started over with a new ship and crew or gone with a new cast of new characters and have a Starfleet Academy movie if they wanted. Going back and reusing the characters I have 40+ years invested in is sacrilege.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:40 PM   #22
Bronco Yoda

Ricardo Montalban OWNS that role. I can't even imagine anyone else doing it regardless of the type of reboot. There are just some roles that are untouchable... and IMO that is one of them.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:55 PM   #23
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Pete Carroll is a douche

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I liked the new Star Trek. I'm a Treker. I favored the next generation with Picard and company. The original series is really old and hasn't aged well. I had problems with the reboot, but they were the plot holes, not the portrayals of their characters. I actually liked how the Kirk and Spock styles clashed. That's something TOS didn't do enough of. I don't think Abrams tells very good stories, but he's a good story teller and puts on a good show. I enjoyed Star Trek and hope to enjoy this one.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:03 PM   #24
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

I loved the original series and was a huge fan of the first six films. I was skeptical going into the 2009 film especially since they changed some history.....but I loved the film and understood that they had to create an alternate universe in order to pique fan interest going forward. I'm really looking forward to next May.

Cumberbatch can't be Khan....he doesn't have the pecs for it.

Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:20 PM   #25
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

So hungover right now. If I move my head an inch ill puke. If I speak I'll puke. Just thought I'd share.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote