The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2012, 10:04 PM   #26
TomServo
Ring of Famer

Dancing is Forbidden!

Quote:
I'll bet Chicago is on the horn with McD as we speak... begging him to come to the windy city and diffuse the mutiny they have going on right about now.
chicago is "on the horn" with our very own OC Mike McCoy.
TomServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:06 PM   #27
TomServo
Ring of Famer

Dancing is Forbidden!

of all the black monday reports ive seen all day, No One is interested in the Mcdisaster. his name hasnt been mentioned as a replacement for anyone.
TomServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:58 PM   #28
chanesaw
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

Is there a team that Bill has had trouble with and wants to destroy from the inside? I think the only team Josh would interview with is the NYG.
chanesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:18 PM   #29
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Think I'll go to a bar this weekend and walk up to some complete stranger hot babes and tell them I'm deciding not to go out with them right now. Possibly in the future but the timing is not good right now. I need to focus on my current girl friend.

ZONA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:36 AM   #30
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
I. HATE. THE. OFFSEASON!

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post

Think I'll go to a bar this weekend and walk up to some complete stranger hot babes and tell them I'm deciding not to go out with them right now. Possibly in the future but the timing is not good right now. I need to focus on my current girl friend.

Actually that $h!t works sometimes. But McDumbass think that $h!t will work on NFL GM. . Truth is GM's have that dumbass on tape.

You think GM's want that on their sidelines?

or how about this.

and this

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:06 AM   #31
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway

I thought Cleveland might appeal to him to go home but why not stay in that cushy job in NE with Brady and all those toys? Plus, he would be a logical successor to Belichick.
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:37 AM   #32
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
He raped two franchises...in the ass...with a 15 inch dick with AIDS. It's been only one year since his last debacle where he got Spaz fired. He knows he is toxic. This is akin too a guy announcing he is withdrawing from consideration from a job right before they hire the other finalist so he can save face. McD is saving face...nothing more....because it would look even worse if he wasn't getting interviews when B and C list candidates were getting interviews.
Holy **** man, you seriously even blame him for St. Louis and Spags losing his job?

I live in St. Louis, pretty much no one here feels that way. They had a lockout shortened off-season to teach a complex offense, Bradford couldn't stay healthy all season, none of their receivers could hang onto a football except Denario Alexander who couldn't stay healthy, and their OL was easily one of the worst in the entire league.

Everyone knew this, no one blamed McDaniels. Its why the new owner let him out of his contract immediately instead of at the end of the NFL season so he could go to work for the Pats.

There were already multiple sources including the ever reliable Schefter saying he was a top candidate, as he should be because the list of good offensive minds is incredibly short. Most great offenses are ran by the HC (Green Bay, New Orleans), there is a clear lack of capable offensive minds in the NFL today. I'm sure there are more than a few owners who think McDaniels minus the Cutler headache, GM powers, and with an owner who enforces a distribution of power to his coordinators/assistants would do quite well for them.

Also, you're relying on the narrative that PFT is painting here about him supposedly cold calling owners. The same site that less than two weeks ago had a story about how the Browns were interested in McDaniels and how he'd "jump at the chance" to take over the Browns. Don't you think it's much more likely that he's told his agent to notify interested parties that he's staying in NE, like most guys who have agents handle job offers?

Its amazing how quickly people look for a reason to hate the guy. At this point a flimsy rumor by someone admitting to previous editorializing in the same article is being taken as the bible to go after him when he's two years removed from this franchise.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:46 AM   #33
tesnyde
Paradigm Coordinator

Keepit nuttier than a squirrel turd

He realized he couldn't put the Mane down as a reference so he had no shot, therefore I have corrected the title...

HC Position won't pursue mCd
tesnyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:03 AM   #34
dsmoot
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
I'll bet Chicago is on the horn with McD as we speak... begging him to come to the windy city and diffuse the mutiny they have going on right about now.
Just heard Jay Cutler gave his playbook to his dad when he heard Chicago was talking to McD. McD in Chicago will never happen but I couldn't dream up a fantasy better than this one.
dsmoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:40 AM   #35
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Seems that those that like McFail also happen to be tebow lovers.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:00 AM   #36
Broncomutt
Looking for

the Sunflower Samurai

He owns the Chargers

Haters
Broncomutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:05 AM   #37
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap10000001208...ce-for-browns/
Chip Kelly seems to the one Cleveland is/has been going for.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:07 AM   #38
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

San Diego is interested in Bruce Arians.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:40 AM   #39
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
I live in St. Louis, pretty much no one here feels that way. .
You're in STL? I didn't know that man. I grew up there. What part?

Yeah, I'm assuming McDaniels is hanging around until BB hangs it up. Maybe he knows something and that's sooner than we think. Who could blame him if that's his plan.

I don't care at this point. McDaniels was just another failed first time head coach. Though, I'm glad he dumped Cutler and Marshall and left us the contributors he did. Aside from that, who gives a ****? We've got one of the best coaching staffs in the league right now.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:16 AM   #40
lostknight
In The Arena

ohwaitwtf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

The reality of it is, that failed first time coaches typically fail because they are overwhelmed by the volume of work, and a by strategic misconceptions. McDaniels failed, pure and simple, due to personality and immaturity. Hopefully the last few years has sanded the rough edges off, but I doubt it.

As a side note, I really am not looking forward to a DEN/NE AFC championship with the wannabe napoleon on the sidelines.
lostknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:21 AM   #41
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

really was hoping for the soap opera that would have come with the Bears. Wherever he goes, you can be sure that existing talent can be had for pennies on the dollar
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:02 AM   #42
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
It doesn't surprise me in the least that you would be a Josh supporter. Makes a ton of sense.
Neither supportter or detractor.

He did what needed to be done in Denver got rid of as many knuckle heads as he could, got rid of most of the oline that sucked in the redzone.

Got rid of 8 out of the 11 defensive starters none of which started for any other team the next year and most of them were no longer in the NFL in 09.

Would have gotten rid of dumb ass but that out roar would have been deafening. As he was not quite yet a Praia yet. Was dumb as a post but not quite bad enough to cut.

Unloaded all the light in the ass RBs that hung on.

He cleaned house when it needed to be done.

So was I a supporter of that absolutely. The way he handled some things no. But he did what Tanahana failed to get done formgoing on a decade cut dead wood to clear the way for the kids he drafted and brought in. More importantly the players that John the GM brought to town.

Joshes only downfall was not having a great GM for picking players. Well,second one was not staying out of the way of his DC and allowing him to do his job. But at least he was smart enough initially to hire a DC that was not a yes man.

I'd rather be known for supporting the plan Josh had when he came to town than being known as a tanahan suck up.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:04 AM   #43
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

He might regret it later on.

Eagles and Bears are pretty damn good markets to go to as a HC. The owners will generally spend and have intentions to win.
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:10 AM   #44
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
Holy **** man, you seriously even blame him for St. Louis and Spags losing his job?

I live in St. Louis, pretty much no one here feels that way. They had a lockout shortened off-season to teach a complex offense, Bradford couldn't stay healthy all season, none of their receivers could hang onto a football except Denario Alexander who couldn't stay healthy, and their OL was easily one of the worst in the entire league.

Everyone knew this, no one blamed McDaniels. Its why the new owner let him out of his contract immediately instead of at the end of the NFL season so he could go to work for the Pats.

There were already multiple sources including the ever reliable Schefter saying he was a top candidate, as he should be because the list of good offensive minds is incredibly short. Most great offenses are ran by the HC (Green Bay, New Orleans), there is a clear lack of capable offensive minds in the NFL today. I'm sure there are more than a few owners who think McDaniels minus the Cutler headache, GM powers, and with an owner who enforces a distribution of power to his coordinators/assistants would do quite well for them.

Also, you're relying on the narrative that PFT is painting here about him supposedly cold calling owners. The same site that less than two weeks ago had a story about how the Browns were interested in McDaniels and how he'd "jump at the chance" to take over the Browns. Don't you think it's much more likely that he's told his agent to notify interested parties that he's staying in NE, like most guys who have agents handle job offers?

Its amazing how quickly people look for a reason to hate the guy. At this point a flimsy rumor by someone admitting to previous editorializing in the same article is being taken as the bible to go after him when he's two years removed from this franchise.
Got to remember the poster was humping Tanahana leg for years and cutlet could do no wrong. So yes he is a tad biased in his views of Josh.

The bromance was heavy for the former.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:31 PM   #45
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Neither supportter or detractor.

He did what needed to be done in Denver got rid of as many knuckle heads as he could, got rid of most of the oline that sucked in the redzone.

Got rid of 8 out of the 11 defensive starters none of which started for any other team the next year and most of them were no longer in the NFL in 09.

Would have gotten rid of dumb ass but that out roar would have been deafening. As he was not quite yet a Praia yet. Was dumb as a post but not quite bad enough to cut.

Unloaded all the light in the ass RBs that hung on.

He cleaned house when it needed to be done.

So was I a supporter of that absolutely. The way he handled some things no. But he did what Tanahana failed to get done formgoing on a decade cut dead wood to clear the way for the kids he drafted and brought in. More importantly the players that John the GM brought to town.

Joshes only downfall was not having a great GM for picking players. Well,second one was not staying out of the way of his DC and allowing him to do his job. But at least he was smart enough initially to hire a DC that was not a yes man.

I'd rather be known for supporting the plan Josh had when he came to town than being known as a tanahan suck up.
I think you need to count the guys mCd either drafted or brought in that haven't found jobs since. Shanny might have him beat but it is closer than you might think.

Facts are every new coach evaluates talent and bring in guys to run their systems.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:40 PM   #46
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose View Post
I thought Cleveland might appeal to him to go home but why not stay in that cushy job in NE with Brady and all those toys? Plus, he would be a logical successor to Belichick.
Maybe he is waiting for the Canton High job to open.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:41 PM   #47
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post

Yeah, I'm assuming McDaniels is hanging around until BB hangs it up. Maybe he knows something and that's sooner than we think. Who could blame him if that's his plan.

I don't care at this point. McDaniels was just another failed first time head coach. Though, I'm glad he dumped Cutler and Marshall and left us the contributors he did. Aside from that, who gives a ****? We've got one of the best coaching staffs in the league right now.
Currently one of the DINKS (double income no kids) who're bringing Tower Grove back as a nice place to live, was in south county (Mehlville) for a few years before that, and even before that I lived in Red Bud, IL for a couple years as well.

Belichick won't be around forever and that will be a cush job to back into, so for McDaniels to leave he'll need to be the top choice around the league and not just another candidate otherwise he'd do way better to just sit and wait for Belichick to leave.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:54 PM   #48
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I think you need to count the guys mCd either drafted or brought in that haven't found jobs since. Shanny might have him beat but it is closer than you might think.

Facts are every new coach evaluates talent and bring in guys to run their systems.
Code:
RD	SEL #	PLAYER	POSITION	SCHOOL
1	22	Demaryius Thomas	WR	Georgia Tech
1	25	Tim Tebow	QB	Florida
2	45	Zane Beadles	G	Utah
3	80	J.D. Walton	C	Baylor
3	87	Eric Decker	WR	Minnesota
5	137	Perrish Cox	CB	Oklahoma State
6	183	Eric Olsen	G	Notre Dame
7	225	Syd'Quan Thompson	DB	California
7	232	Jammie Kirlew	DE	Indiana
2009 - DENVER BRONCOS
RD	SEL #	PLAYER	POSITION	SCHOOL
1	12	Knowshon Moreno	RB	Georgia
1	18	Robert Ayers	LB	Tennessee
2	37	Alphonso Smith	DB	Wake Forest
2	48	Darcel McBath	DB	Texas Tech
2	64	Richard Quinn	TE	North Carolina
4	114	David Bruton	DB	Notre Dame
4	132	Seth Olsen	G	Iowa
5	141	Kenny McKinley	WR	South Carolina
6	174	Tom Brandstater	QB	Fresno State
7	225	Blake Schlueter	C	Texas Christian
I'll take that over Tanahanas piss poor record of 6 out of 41 round 1-3 guys resigned during his regime.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:06 PM   #49
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post

We have A LOT of McDaniels guys as core components of this team, especially for a guy who was only here for less than two full seasons.

Thomas, Decker, Beadles, Walton (pre-injury), and Moreno on offense are all heavy contributors.

Ayers, Vickerson, Bannan (brought in by McD, released by Elway, then brought back again) are all key contributors to the DL.

Colquitt is a McD acquisition, and Prater was on the verge of washing out until McDaniels brought in a new ST coach to get him squared away.

McDaniels' problem wasn't player acquisition, enough of his guys are still around to prove that. His problem wasn't coaching hires, enough of his staff are around to prove that. And the problem clearly wasn't his FO staff as we've generally just been promoting those guys since he's left. He had no ability to be "the guy" and that is why he failed here. He couldn't delegate authority and he clearly had trust issues. End result he couldn't be a leader of men.

Funny thing is that both Belichick and Shanahan had similar ego driven issues attached to them in their previous jobs. The "doesn't play well with others" label and all that. That is a frequent reason for HC failure of course and most never fix it, but whether McDaniels does or doesn't is no longer something for us Broncos fans to worry about.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:07 PM   #50
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
I. HATE. THE. OFFSEASON!

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post

For what. What did we get in return.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote