The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2012, 05:40 PM   #1
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums
Default mCd won't pursue an HC Position

Once Bitten Twice Shy

Apparently he learned the hard way he has a lot more to learn.

Earlier on Monday, we shared a quote from Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels in which he said that he was going to keep his focus on the job he has “right now” in regard to queries about interest in head coaching vacancies.

The phrasing was such that it seemed McDaniels was being careful to note that he has responsibilities to the Patriots while making sure that potentially interested parties heard that he was also open to a change in title. According to a report from Adam Schefter of ESPN, we parsed McDaniels’ words a bit too much.

It now seems McDaniels meant that his focus will only be on the job he has right now and that he’s not going to be actively pursuing another one this offseason. Schefter reports that McDaniels has called teams looking for head coaches to tell them that he will be remaining in New England and won’t be interviewing for another shot at being the man in charge of a team even though he would like to be a head coach again one day.

More here:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ont-interview/
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2012, 05:42 PM   #2
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Good decision
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:00 PM   #3
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

What a p***Y, he's realized he's nothing outside Belicheat's cocoon.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:08 PM   #4
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Right. I'm sure the rest of the league is just beating down his door.
Dr. Broncenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:09 PM   #5
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Fun at the range MAR 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

So don't usually guys wait to be contacted by teams? Who calls teams to tell them they don't won't to be a HC right now? For real. A bit of an ego there I'd say. I don't think anybody was seriously considering him right now anyway.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:11 PM   #6
Goobzilla
Lights Out B***h!

BA-ZING!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mitch Erickson

I really wanted him to get the KC job.
Goobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:14 PM   #7
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

I would like to inform everyone I will no be accepting offers to coach the running backs this season.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:14 PM   #8
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
So don't usually guys wait to be contacted by teams? Who calls teams to tell them they don't won't to be a HC right now? For real. A bit of an ego there I'd say. I don't think anybody was seriously considering him right now anyway.
My thought exactly
Old 12-31-2012, 06:15 PM   #9
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobzilla View Post
Wouldn't have been as much fun as watching him blow up the remains of the beached whale's vagina.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:02 PM   #10
jutang
Pro Bowler

I was really looking foward to seeing him take the Bears job.
jutang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:07 PM   #11
uplink
Ring of Famer

He was done in the NFL after poor performances with the broncos and rams until Belichick gave him a shot. He is not going to walk out on Belichick after one year, he needs to solidify his support base.
uplink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:17 PM   #12
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Someday I would like to marry a supermodel who is also really sweet. Unfortunately in the last 2 years I haven been rejected by 4 women none of whom were even remotely close to supermodel quality so I'm going to take a cue from McD and announce that I'm not going to seek a supermodel at this time.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:01 PM   #13
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by uplink View Post
He was done in the NFL after poor performances with the broncos and rams until Belichick gave him a shot. He is not going to walk out on Belichick after one year, he needs to solidify his support base.
Without Belly he would have been the HC of Canton High. I wonder what his brother Ben is doing now that mCd can't give him a gig?
Old 12-31-2012, 08:03 PM   #14
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Someday I would like to marry a supermodel who is also really sweet. Unfortunately in the last 2 years I haven been rejected by 4 women none of whom were even remotely close to supermodel quality so I'm going to take a cue from McD and announce that I'm not going to seek a supermodel at this time.
You should call all the single ones and tell them that you won't be marrying them.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:13 PM   #15
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Most people with NFL FO connections have suggested that yes, the league was in fact lining up to go after him again.

Hell, there was a thread here like a week ago about Chicago, the team with a "franchise" QB McDaniels already butted head with once, having rumored interest. You think something like that comes out when no team is actually interested.

I'd bet that Buffalo was real interested. The multiple back running attack McDaniels used this year with Ridley/Woodhead/Vareen would be powerful with Spiller and Fred Jackson. Fitzpatrick would be a much better QB in McDaniels' offense than he's been in Gailey's as well.

San Diego is likely going to be in the hunt for someone who can get Rivers back on track and again, McDaniels has shown the ability to get QBs to play well and often with limited WR talent.

Hell, supposedly Shad Khan has already predetermined that he wants Tebow on the Jags before he has a GM or is sure his HC is sticking around, so why not get the coach who believed in Tebow enough to draft him in the first round?

There have been too many vacancies created today for a guy like McDaniels not to have suitors already at the door. It's a damn smart decision on his part to stay put though, because the ideal situation likely isn't out there for him and he can make significant maturation with Belichick, possibly sticking around a few more years and simply inheriting the Pats HC job.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:30 PM   #16
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobzilla View Post

I really wanted someone to break his legs.................lol

I joke....haha....I kid Little McHoodie Junior....I really love the guy !
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:37 PM   #17
DarkHorse30
Smith Rules

Adopt-a-Bronco:
wolf pot roast

Quote:
Originally Posted by KipCorrington25 View Post
What a p***Y, he's realized he's nothing outside Belicheat's under drawers
Fixed it for you
DarkHorse30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:39 PM   #18
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
Most people with NFL FO connections have suggested that yes, the league was in fact lining up to go after him again.

Hell, there was a thread here like a week ago about Chicago, the team with a "franchise" QB McDaniels already butted head with once, having rumored interest. You think something like that comes out when no team is actually interested.

I'd bet that Buffalo was real interested. The multiple back running attack McDaniels used this year with Ridley/Woodhead/Vareen would be powerful with Spiller and Fred Jackson. Fitzpatrick would be a much better QB in McDaniels' offense than he's been in Gailey's as well.

San Diego is likely going to be in the hunt for someone who can get Rivers back on track and again, McDaniels has shown the ability to get QBs to play well and often with limited WR talent.

Hell, supposedly Shad Khan has already predetermined that he wants Tebow on the Jags before he has a GM or is sure his HC is sticking around, so why not get the coach who believed in Tebow enough to draft him in the first round?

There have been too many vacancies created today for a guy like McDaniels not to have suitors already at the door. It's a damn smart decision on his part to stay put though, because the ideal situation likely isn't out there for him and he can make significant maturation with Belichick, possibly sticking around a few more years and simply inheriting the Pats HC job.
He raped two franchises...in the ass...with a 15 inch dick with AIDS. It's been only one year since his last debacle where he got Spaz fired. He knows he is toxic. This is akin too a guy announcing he is withdrawing from consideration from a job right before they hire the other finalist so he can save face. McD is saving face...nothing more....because it would look even worse if he wasn't getting interviews when B and C list candidates were getting interviews.

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 12-31-2012 at 08:42 PM..
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:39 PM   #19
Swedish Extrovert
President of the Universe

Formerly known as mightysmurf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bruton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
I'm sure he'll be a good coach someday. Too bad he caught the Broncos on the front end of his learning curve.
Swedish Extrovert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:53 PM   #20
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightysmurf View Post
I'm sure he'll be a good coach someday. Too bad he caught the Broncos on the front end of his learning curve.
The Belichick Manchurian Candidate trick never gets old. If only history could be used as a guide... the league might be able to see it coming. I'm going to lmao at the next team that decides they will attempt to clone the Patriot way with McJoshie. He should be tougher and smarterer than the last time.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:55 PM   #21
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

I'll bet Chicago is on the horn with McD as we speak... begging him to come to the windy city and diffuse the mutiny they have going on right about now.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:19 PM   #22
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

I'm going to call the White House and leave a message for the President, stating that while I'd like to be Secretary of State someday, I'm going to concentrate on posting on the Mane "right now".
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:41 PM   #23
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
He raped two franchises...in the ass...with a 15 inch dick with AIDS. It's been only one year since his last debacle where he got Spaz fired. He knows he is toxic. This is akin too a guy announcing he is withdrawing from consideration from a job right before they hire the other finalist so he can save face. McD is saving face...nothing more....because it would look even worse if he wasn't getting interviews when B and C list candidates were getting interviews.
Oh boy. It was not his fault Tanahana got fired nor was it his fault that the trifecta of meatheads was traded. If you'd get your head out of your ass and your bromance for them you would be wise..

As for Josh frankly there is not a team that has a spot open that I'd be interested in talking to. They are all cluster****s and have been for most of the decade all but perhaps CLE and maybe JaX have lousy owners that have been lousy since forever.

Next job I'd be looking for has a chance of success. None of them are going to be anything but 4 year plans. Maybe even more in the bears case. Their defense has been their strong point and it is OLD.

I'm also guessing that he did not call them himself that is what agents are for.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:52 PM   #24
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

It doesn't surprise me in the least that you would be a Josh supporter. Makes a ton of sense.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:57 PM   #25
Broncos4Life
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightysmurf View Post
Well....He's really smart. And like WW said... that sums it up. If the little piss ant actually knew how to talk to people he could probably be real successful.
I hope the dip **** gets another HC gig and falls flat on his ****in face again.
Broncos4Life is offline   Reply With Quote