The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2012, 04:15 PM   #51
Ironlung
Terminator

Snake Bitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
He was ridiculed by signing Elway. It appeared to be a desperate move by a man out of answers. Turns out it was a brilliant move by a man who was only turning the team over to someone who seemed to know how to take care of it the right way.
True. Remember the unnamed nfl gm who's quote was "please let this be true" when he heard Elway was the new guy in charge? LOfreakinL
Ironlung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:18 PM   #52
Mile High Mojoe
The Original Maniac

Load the Wagon

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
^^^ Mile High Mojoe has it where Lombardi trophys come easy. Every franchise has at least 20 in their case. Add up our winning seasons and then see how that compares to our actual 2 in the case. While we are striving for that 3rd one, many more times then not, we will fail. I am not sure if we win it all but I have a good feeling we are going to New Orleans.
I never said they come easy but success is defined by Championships. We have failed and with worse teams, this is a good one. I see it happening, I want it to happen but if it doesn't you have to say that the season wasn't a success. The time is now, not next year or 10 or 20 years from now, but today. It's like winning all the battles leading up to the final war, if you don't win the war all the battles won mean little.
Mile High Mojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:24 PM   #53
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Mojoe View Post
I never said they come easy but success is defined by Championships. We have failed and with worse teams, this is a good one. I see it happening, I want it to happen but if it doesn't you have to say that the season wasn't a success. The time is now, not next year or 10 or 20 years from now, but today. It's like winning all the battles leading up to the final war, if you don't win the war all the battles won mean little.
I get what you mean. We've come this far, getting the #1 seed and HFA, and not cashing in on all of this would be a disappointment, a missed opportunity. Just like in 1996, when we had everything set up for success. That season still leaves a bitter taste for me.
winstoncup bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:32 PM   #54
Mile High Mojoe
The Original Maniac

Load the Wagon

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstoncup bronco View Post
I get what you mean. We've come this far, getting the #1 seed and HFA, and not cashing in on all of this would be a disappointment, a missed opportunity. Just like in 1996, when we had everything set up for success. That season still leaves a bitter taste for me.
It really crushed me and Elway too. I was really worried that he'd retire and not every get his ring. The 1997 season was pure hell for me until they won it. I was cussing and screaming at the TV with every missed tackle, dropped pass, turnover and loss we had that season. I was a complete basket case until the SB game went final. The truth is we were cheated out of 3 in a row. In 96 the Broncos had just as great of a team as they had in 97 IMO and should of won the whole thing.

This year it's the same deal, we have everything in place to take it. These chances don't come along. It took 37 years for the Broncos to win their 1st Championship. Will it take that long if we don't get one this year? Hopefully not but the expectations have to be set high. Just sayin...

Last edited by Mile High Mojoe; 12-31-2012 at 04:44 PM..
Mile High Mojoe is offline   Reply With Quote