The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2012, 01:17 PM   #101
Agamemnon

An internal hire like Gase would make the most sense. The last thing we want to do is change up the offensive terminology.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:21 PM   #102
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Sadly, the Bears is a really good situation for Mccoy, he gets some good offensive talent in Marshall and Forte, he gets a good defense as well. I think it would be a solid position for him to take.
They have Marshall and Forte but no OL. That entire defense is ancient and in need of a rebuild. 10-6 is not indicitive of the actual lack of available talent there.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:24 PM   #103
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
An internal hire like Gase would make the most sense. The last thing we want to do is change up the offensive terminology.
Regardless of who is hired, nobody is going to drastically change the offense. It is the Peyton show and anyone hired will realize that.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:26 PM   #104
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
Regardless of who is hired, nobody is going to drastically change the offense. It is the Peyton show and anyone hired will realize that.
Which is why an internal hire would make the most sence.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:28 PM   #105
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Juwan The Headless Thompson Gunner!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
you mean their first rounder the DE/LB from Boise St Shea Mcclellin? naw, his draft stock was red hot and the assumption was someone was going to take him top 17-20. he and Jeffery were the right picks they just were unfortunate to suffer multiple injuries in their rookie seasons. their first 3 picks ended up with major or multiple injuries this season while showing flashes.
all should be very nice players in the future.

the OL, the TE and the LB positions have to be overhauled though. they need improvement in those areas badly.
I got him and Jefferies switched. I have seen him play, he is a lot like the DE they drafted the same year as Doom was drafted, the dude bounced around to NE but I don't know if he is still in the league.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:32 PM   #106
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieTwoThumbs View Post
McCoy's offenses reflect the qb running them. Tebow, offense sucked and was insanely predictable but was the only thing approaching a feasible Tebow run offense that we have seen so far in the league (Jets would rather die with Sanchez then even try a Tebow offense). Orton, middle of the pack offense for a backup qb. Manning, at the top of the league. He is no Bill Walsh, but he allows the qb to display his talent no matter how different the talent is. Making sure the scheme gets out of the way of the players doesn't sound all that impressive until you remember that coaches like McDaniels also exist.
Good OC have rhythm/flow to their play calling. There have been times even this year where I'm like wtf. He's an average OC. Maybe he'll make a good HC. Who knows.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:33 PM   #107
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Which is why Adam Gase makes all the sense in the world.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:35 PM   #108
Agamemnon

Quote:
They have Marshall and Forte but no OL. That entire defense is ancient and in need of a rebuild. 10-6 is not indicitive of the actual lack of available talent there.
Indeed. Phil Emery needs to hit some major home runs soon or that team is going to be a bottom-feeder within the next few seasons.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:51 PM   #109
Action

McCoy is gone.

Gase seems logical.

Tom Moore does too but he's old.

Ken Whisenhunt would be the most logical choice out of all the coaches that are fired.

Coached an old Kurt Warner to the Super Bowl and got great production from him. Also coached an offense with great WR's (Larry, Boldin, etc). Something we have here...

Let's also remember he was the Steelers OC when they beat us in 05 and won the SB... so he's used to running an offense with a heavy run game.

Also was obviously at the SB another time in 08, however that was based on a heavy pass game.

Ken is also highly regarded and admired amongst his peers.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:53 PM   #110
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I got him and Jefferies switched. I have seen him play, he is a lot like the DE they drafted the same year as Doom was drafted, the dude bounced around to NE but I don't know if he is still in the league.
you mean Mark Anderson, he's with the Bills now. signed a 4 year deal with them and produced 1 sack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
McCoy is gone.

Gase seems logical.

Ken Whisenhunt would be the most logical choice out of all the coaches that are fired.

Coached an old Kurt Warner to the Super Bowl and got great production from him. Also coached an offense with great WR's (Larry, Boldin, etc). Something we have here...

Let's also remember he was the Steelers OC when they beat us in 05 and won the SB... so he's used to running an offense with a heavy run game.

Also was obviously at the SB another time in 08, however that was based on a heavy pass game.

no need to convince me. Wisenhunt is #1 and Shurmur #2 for me if McCoy leaves.

Last edited by Lestat; 12-31-2012 at 01:56 PM..
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:55 PM   #111
Agamemnon

Quote:
McCoy is gone.

Gase seems logical.

I agree that Whisenhunt would be the most logical outside hire. But really, it doesn't seem necessary.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:55 PM   #112
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideco View Post
Jay Glazer@JayGlazer The Bears have already asked for permission to interview Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy. He's a very, very hot name right now
Jhizz says mccoy is too dumb to be HC. Where has that guy been?
Old 12-31-2012, 02:16 PM   #113
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
you mean Mark Anderson, he's with the Bills now. signed a 4 year deal with them and produced 1 sack.

no need to convince me. Wisenhunt is #1 and Shurmur #2 for me if McCoy leaves.
Isn't Shurmur a West Coast offense type? That wouldn't fit in with Manning.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:17 PM   #114
Action

I think we need to give McCoy some credit.

Manning has finished the season with a 105.8 QB rating, the second best in the NFL and second best in his CAREER.

Manning has thrown for the 2nd most yards he has in his career.

His completion % is the second best he's had in his career.

His TDs are the 2nd most he's had in his career.

His ints are like 3rd lowest of his career.

QBR is highest of his career.

Hasn't had this high of a YPA for the past 6 years.

Really, this has been Manning's 2nd best season of his CAREER outside of that 49 TD season.

I mean the list goes on... this is all after manning came back from a career threatening neck injury.

People want to say McCoy doesn't deserve much credit but every single great OC has a great QB... and at the end of the day, it's about how you maximize your talent.

I think it's safe to say that McCoy maximized Peyton Manning thus far this season.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:20 PM   #115
Action

Quote:
I agree that Whisenhunt would be the most logical outside hire. But really, it doesn't seem necessary.
Anything is necessary when you're trying to win championships.

Let's not forget, that Manning also went to AZ to interview when he was picking his teams...
Old 12-31-2012, 02:40 PM   #116
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Far be it for me though, but Chicago and SD would be well- advised to seriously consider Wisenhunt. He has shown what he can do with a real QB on the team. Remember that Warner was considered washed up when he completely flopped with the Giants.

Yet, a couple of years later, the Cards were a big-Ben drive away from winning the SB. In some ways, he reminds me of Fox; nothing fancy, just good football sense.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:45 PM   #117
Agamemnon

Quote:

Let's not forget, that Manning also went to AZ to interview when he was picking his teams...
Anything is necessary when you're trying to win championships? That statement makes zero sense. Smart moves that have a meaningful impact on the team are necessary when you're trying to win championships. Hiring Whisenhunt doesn't strike me as a move that would have a meaningful impact.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:47 PM   #118
Action

Quote:
Anything is necessary when your;re trying to win championships? That statement makes zero sense. Smart moves that have a meaningful impact on the team are necessary when you're trying to win championships. Hiring Whisenhunt doesn't strike me as a move that would have a meaningful impact.
Are you saying that Whisenhunt wouldn't be helpful?

Are you saying that it doesn't matter who the OC is?

And how doesn't that statement make sense?

What is confusing about that statement?
Old 12-31-2012, 02:50 PM   #119
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
Remember that Warner was considered washed up when he completely flopped with the Giants.
except that he didn't flop with the Giants. they had a winning record when he was benched to get Eli reps. he was getting killed behind the Oline, but that's who Kurt Warner was. he took sacks.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:50 PM   #120
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Moore or Gase.

EDIT: Ken Wisenhunt is on the top of my list. That dude is boss.
I said Wisenhunt a few weeks back when I had a feeling he wad done, along with Graves. We saw what he could do when he had a good QB (Warner). They went to the Superbowl and really should have won that game. He's a good OC. We could do much worse then bring him here.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:54 PM   #121
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Isn't Shurmur a West Coast offense type? That wouldn't fit in with Manning.
any OC coming in is going to blend his stuff with stuff that Manning likes. i'd just prefer it be a OC with play calling experience rather than breaking in a new guy to play calling(yes i know Manning will audible and etc, but the OC is crucial to success as well)
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:55 PM   #122
Agamemnon

Quote:
Are you saying that Whisenhunt wouldn't be helpful?

Are you saying that it doesn't matter who the OC is?

And how doesn't that statement make sense?

What is confusing about that statement?
It's not confusing. It's stupid.

And yes, I tend to think it doesn't matter that much who the OC is. Not until Manning retires anyway. Not to say Whisenhunt wouldn't have a positive impact overall, I just don't think it would be that significant, especially if he's forced to adapt to the system we are running rather than running his own system. And if he is hired and installs his system I feel like it has the potential to disrupt the growing chemistry between Manning and his receivers.

To me Gase is the perfect choice while Whisenhunt seems like a big name hire that is ultimately unneeded.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:56 PM   #123
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
except that he didn't flop with the Giants. they had a winning record when he was benched to get Eli reps. he was getting killed behind the Oline, but that's who Kurt Warner was. he took sacks.
I also remember him having hand injury problems that caused him to have turnover issues.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:56 PM   #124
BroncoBeavis

I didn't think Whizz would get canned. If he's on the market that late, it would be a solid pickup.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:02 PM   #125
Action

Quote:
It's not confusing. It's stupid.

And yes, I tend to think it doesn't matter that much who the OC is. Not until Manning retires anyway. Not to say Whisenhunt wouldn't have a positive impact overall, I just don't think it would be that significant, especially if he's forced to adapt to the system we are running rather than running his own system. And if he is hired and installs his system I feel like it has the potential to disrupt the growing chemistry between Manning and his receivers.

To me Gase is the perfect choice while Whisenhunt seems like a big name hire that is ultimately unneeded.
So it's stupid to think that, anything is necessary when you're winning championships... sure buddy.

You've got to be kidding yourself if you don't think it matters who the OC is. Manning can only call some of the plays, however he's not responsible for for the running game.

Do you watch the games? He looks over to the sidelines after damn near every play.

Whisenhunt would obviously be asked to adapt to what is already here. He can do that.

This whole uneeded thing is truly what makes 0 sense, you're talking like a bum. EVERYTHING is needed, you need to be solid all around. You can't just plug in garbage because you think you already have something set. If Elway were to run the organization with your thinking, we'd be ****ed. Never would we have signed Koppen for example.

I think they'll hire the best man for the job whether it's Gase, Whisenhunt or whomever.

But let's be clear, no legitimate business owner is going to sit there with a short window on a QB like Manning and think to himself, I'm not going to put him in the best position to be successful.

The whole "uneeded" crap just sounds like bum talk. Take that **** to a trash team.