The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2012, 12:28 PM   #2151
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Well when you look at this years draft trading down and trying to stock pile picks wouldn't be a bad idea, they could get a top LT, move their avg LT to RT, then still be able to move up if they want to get one of the questionable QB's in this draft.

They need to draft a C, G, T, shortyardage RB/FB, 2-3 WR's, TE, DT, DE, LB, 2 CB's, and a Safety.

Fact is whoever comes in is going to want to rotate the compost pile and bring in his guys.

Wouldn't be stupid to trade out of #1 pick and stock pile some picks.
You can only trade out of #1 if you have a team that wants to do it. There isn't a player worth trading up to 1 for so KC is sol in my opinion.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:38 PM   #2152
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
You can only trade out of #1 if you have a team that wants to do it. There isn't a player worth trading up to 1 for so KC is sol in my opinion.
I agree, I think they are SOL but if they did find someone wanting to move up it wouldn't be bad for them if they traded down, I bet a QB in the later rounds this year would be just as good as a 1st round QB.

If they can find the next Russel Wilson later in the draft or make a trade for a guy like Matt Flynn and then use the higher picks to get a couple WR's and a CB, and a TE, and a bunch of OL and a DT, DE,ILB, Safety...etc...
broncosteven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:58 PM   #2153
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
Pioli has no power to do anything anymore and Clark wants a HC to make all the personnel decisions.

Clark is giving all the power to the new HC. He just said the new HC will report directly to him, NOT Pioli.

Pioli is basically Milton from Office Space now
So why keep Pioli around? Again, this makes no sense.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:09 PM   #2154
FearLanier

Clark Hunt has spoken to Dirk Koetter, Andy Reid and Chip Kelly. The plan would be to bring in a HC to run the team and personnel moves and pick a front office man later as agreed upon the coach.

And it appears that Clark is only keeping Pioli for the buyout. Pioli has no power to do anything anymore.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:09 PM   #2155
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Clark Hunt sounds like a fantastic boob. He's keeping the old GM around yet he's not allowing that GM to do anything. Next, Clarky is going to try and hire a HC. Then, after he hires the HC he and the HC will then hire a new GM.

Now tell me. What GM with any self respect will take that position? It's basically a waste of time for any person to be the GM in KC because the coach will just go to Clarky if he doesn't like something.

Oh well, you can't fix stupid.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:11 PM   #2156
Agamemnon

Quote:
It sure seems to be working well for New England. St. Louis is essentially doing the same thing with Jeff Fisher and that seems to be going well. Harbaugh essentially has that same power in SF too.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The most important addition to the Chiefs is not the GM or QB. It's the HC. A quality HC changes everything.
It fails far more often than it succeeds.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:19 PM   #2157
FearLanier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
It fails far more often than it succeeds.
It worked in Kansas City throughout the entire 90's. King Carl was in charge of the business side and he was damn good at it.

This became abundantly clear after Marty left and King Carl had no idea what he was doing with player personnel.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:24 PM   #2158
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
It worked in Kansas City throughout the entire 90's. King Carl was in charge of the business side and he was damn good at it.

This became abundantly clear after Marty left and King Carl had no idea what he was doing with player personnel.

yah, ok. Now Carl Peterson had nothing to do with the player personell?
Old 12-31-2012, 01:30 PM   #2159
FearLanier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post

yah, ok. Now Carl Peterson had nothing to do with the player personell?
Marty pretty much ran player personnel. Look at the drafts from 99-06. Horrible.

Pretty obvious who was in charge of player personnel in KC in the 90's.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:32 PM   #2160
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Marty pretty much ran player personnel. Look at the drafts from 99-06. Horrible.

"Pretty much" or did he run it?

Your reaching FL
Old 12-31-2012, 01:40 PM   #2161
FearLanier

810 radio reports Clark Hunt has spoken to several HC's. Bill Cowher, Chip Kelly, Andy Reid and Dirk Koetter (interview tomorrow).

All those coaches except for Dirk (from what I know) would want the power.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:44 PM   #2162
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
810 radio reports Clark Hunt has spoken to several HC's. Bill Cowher, Chip Kelly, Andy Reid and Dirk Koetter (interview tomorrow).

I hope you guys get Dirk so we can call him "Dirk Diggler" or "Welcome Back Koetter"!
Old 12-31-2012, 01:46 PM   #2163
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:

do you have proof about this? A link to an article, anything?
Old 12-31-2012, 01:47 PM   #2164
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:

Oh please yes, hire Bill Cowher to run the entire operation, yes, please do this.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:47 PM   #2165
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

FL, is this really what you think the road to success in the NFL is? It sounds like you're trying to justify every move the Chiefs make after the fact. Waiting to hear the direction they're going and then explain why it will work.

I'm sorry, but I have little respect for Clark Hunt. I think he's an imbecile. I think he doesn't really like American Football. I think he wants to get back to his soccer and wants someone who will run things and every move he has made, including the one that is in progress, are the signs of a man who wants nothing to do with the franchise and the responsibilities therein. I think he loves his father and understands the legacy he casts on the entire NFL and is trying to do right by him by being the owner, but at the end of the day I think he has no clue and wants for find someone to take this "problem" away.

"A coach that does everything! That's a great idea because then the GM and coach won't fight as they will be the same person! Now me and my buddy Pioli can watch Glee together!"

Oh, and four of your five pro-bowlers were drafted by Carl Peterson - you know, the guy who "didn't do anything."
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:49 PM   #2166
Agamemnon

Quote:

Oh that's cute. You think the 90's were a success...
Old 12-31-2012, 01:53 PM   #2167
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I hope you guys get Dirk so we can call him "Dirk Diggler" or "Welcome Back Koetter"!
I hope they hire Reid. That guy is the polar opposite of what the Chiefs need right now. Passing 90 times a game and having a toxic lockerroom is just what the doctor ordered for the Chiefs.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:05 PM   #2168
FearLanier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
FL, is this really what you think the road to success in the NFL is? It sounds like you're trying to justify every move the Chiefs make after the fact. Waiting to hear the direction they're going and then explain why it will work.

I'm sorry, but I have little respect for Clark Hunt. I think he's an imbecile. I think he doesn't really like American Football. I think he wants to get back to his soccer and wants someone who will run things and every move he has made, including the one that is in progress, are the signs of a man who wants nothing to do with the franchise and the responsibilities therein. I think he loves his father and understands the legacy he casts on the entire NFL and is trying to do right by him by being the owner, but at the end of the day I think he has no clue and wants for find someone to take this "problem" away.

"A coach that does everything! That's a great idea because then the GM and coach won't fight as they will be the same person! Now me and my buddy Pioli can watch Glee together!"

Oh, and four of your five pro-bowlers were drafted by Carl Peterson - you know, the guy who "didn't do anything."
This is the furthest thing from what's going on Kaylore.

If Clark didn't care about football or the Chiefs he wouldn't be going out finding a HC. He's not having a GM go find him a HC. He's doing all of that work himself. He's putting this in his hands. Pretty telling sign that the owner cares, wouldn't you agree?

The reason why I'm ok with Clark's current approach is because of this: it's different that what the franchise has done the last 40 years.
The structure has been the same for years and what has it gotten us? Clark is changing it. Why is he changing it? Well he said some coaches want more power and that's the truth. He wants a strong HC. And he wants to have the HC be the one speaking with him personally before the GM to get his opinion.

I agree that a GM first is the best way. Clark never said that a GM wouldn't come in. He just wants the coach to be the guy who runs player personnel more than in the past.

As for the pro bowlers, King Carl didn't even want DJ. Him and DV wanted Thomas Davis and took DJ as a consolation prize. Herm was decent in the draft room in NY. He had the most influence on those draft picks in my opinion while King Carl drafted blunder after blunder from 99-2006 when he had more say in the player personnel side.

Honestly I'll let you know my complete feelings when the HC is hired, and I will do my best to not have any homeristic feelings (but we all have those at times).
HC is the most important position to fill in the organization this offseason IMO, especially with this draft coming up. I'm glad Clark feels that way too.

Last edited by FearLanier; 12-31-2012 at 03:10 PM..
Old 12-31-2012, 03:12 PM   #2169
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

He is doing this so that Pioli can leave on his own....so that he won't have to pay him. Pioli isn't going to fold. He will want some kind of settlement.

Go Canes!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:23 PM   #2170
FearLanier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
He is doing this so that Pioli can leave on his own....so that he won't have to pay him. Pioli isn't going to fold. He will want some kind of settlement.
This is true. Pioli has had several lawsuits filed against the Chiefs from frustrated past employees and Clark knows he's talked with the Titans. Why fire him and pay him undeserved money when he knows Pioli has spoken with Bud Adams about a job?

It was reported by SOC (Marty knows someone who works inside Arrowhead) that Clark spoke with Peyton Manning yesterday and Manning said that the main reason he didn't even consider Kansas City was because Pioli has a horrible reputation around the league and he didn't want any part of it.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:42 PM   #2171
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

face it FL, you have no clue as to what the hell you are talking about and it sounds to me like you are just making stuff up. What purpose does it serve Hunt to not release Pioli? He's basically castrated Pioli and is doing Pioli's job so Pioli is making the money for doing nothing anyway, right? So why keep him around? This is a horrible management decision by Hunt. Either way, Pioli is getting his $.

And now you are saying the Hunt didn't know about Pioli's reputation? He had to ask Manning? LMAO! Didn't Clarky do his research before he hired Pioli? Didn't Clark know that Pioli had a bad rep before he hired this guy?

You mean to tell me he didn't hear about Pioli's rep through the grape vine? I mean, the guy owns the friggen team, right? How did he NOT know about Pioli's rep? And again, why is he keeping Pioli around? Why not dump this guy and move on?

whatever, you are guessing on all this stuff.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:51 PM   #2172
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
This is true. Pioli has had several lawsuits filed against the Chiefs from frustrated past employees and Clark knows he's talked with the Titans. Why fire him and pay him undeserved money when he knows Pioli has spoken with Bud Adams about a job?

It was reported by SOC (Marty knows someone who works inside Arrowhead) that Clark spoke with Peyton Manning yesterday and Manning said that the main reason he didn't even consider Kansas City was because Pioli has a horrible reputation around the league and he didn't want any part of it.
Yes I saw that report on CP. I know Peyton is polite but is rather not have him essentially giving a rival owner tips on how to better their franchise. What stuck out to me the most about that report however was that Clark would have to actually ask Peyton anything. EVERYONE EVERYWHERE knew that this was the reason....how could Clark not know that Pioli's rep was that bad...everyone knows that. Is he living in a cocoon?

Go Canes!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:04 PM   #2173
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

wow. So you know a guy is poison and (hopefully) will be gone soon, but you are keeping him around anyways just to save on severance pay? Good lord, that's the epitome of dysfunction. If this was a TV sitcom, it would get poor reviews for being unrealistic.

A competent owner would axe him post-haste just to get the bad taste out of his mouth and begin the re-build cleanly.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:08 PM   #2174
Bronco Boy
Avid Ambien Abuser

Eric Fischer: Catholic Priest

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that fear laney will agree completely with whatever future arena league coach the chefs decide to hire as HC.
Bronco Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:26 PM   #2175
FearLanier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
face it FL, you have no clue as to what the hell you are talking about and it sounds to me like you are just making stuff up. What purpose does it serve Hunt to not release Pioli? He's basically castrated Pioli and is doing Pioli's job so Pioli is making the money for doing nothing anyway, right? So why keep him around? This is a horrible management decision by Hunt. Either way, Pioli is getting his $.

And now you are saying the Hunt didn't know about Pioli's reputation? He had to ask Manning? LMAO! Didn't Clarky do his research before he hired Pioli? Didn't Clark know that Pioli had a bad rep before he hired this guy?

You mean to tell me he didn't hear about Pioli's rep through the grape vine? I mean, the guy owns the friggen team, right? How did he NOT know about Pioli's rep? And again, why is he keeping Pioli around? Why not dump this guy and move on?

whatever, you are guessing on all this stuff.
I am not saying this from my opinion, Mr. Tombstone. I'm just reporting what I've been hearing and seeing through the news.

From what I've seen, Pioli has a huge amount of money owed to him and he's trying to squeeze it out of Clark. This seems accurate since Pioli denied signing the extension 8 weeks ago that had a buyout clause. He's apparently been speaking with the Titans and Clark knows this.

I'm just thankful that Pioli has no real say in anything anymore. Hopefully a coach who has proven himself will be hired.