The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2012, 08:51 PM   #426
Butterscotch Stallion

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
He went from back-up to starter to punt protector to unemployed.....

How's that for progression?
Again, you think Rex Ryan is a good qb evaluator when you say that. You understand that right? Tebows demotion says more about Ryan, who said Sanchez gave him the best chance to win (where have I heard that before.) than it does about Tebow.

If Ryan thought Tebow should start, I may start to sound like you guys. That means he sucks.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:52 PM   #427
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
....and yet that is the same argument you and your clown posse are tossing about to defend Tebow.

BTW, the Cowboys probably aren't going to cut Kyle Orton at the end of the season.....what do you think the Jets are going to do with Tebow?
Orton will be in the NFL longer then Tebow.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:52 PM   #428
Butterscotch Stallion

Quote:
....and yet that is the same argument you and your clown posse are tossing about to defend Tebow.

BTW, the Cowboys probably aren't going to cut Kyle Orton at the end of the season.....what do you think the Jets are going to do with Tebow?
They won't rid of Orton.. They need someone to throw game clinching interceptions in case romo gets hurt.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:53 PM   #429
Butterscotch Stallion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Orton will be in the NFL longer then Tebow.
Probably. He is really good in practice. That is what is most important.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:57 PM   #430
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterscotch Stallion View Post
It's true. If only. But as you can see by this thread, I win and value winning. I don't stubbornly cling to losers because of it. My ego is secondary to truth. That's why I am a winner, like Tebow.
ironic considering how hard you are clinging to tebow.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:00 PM   #431
Butterscotch Stallion

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
Again, I like winners. My ego is not so fragile that I would knock one down to make me feel better about being a loser, like you.

I can handle other winners... I wish we had a club where we could all meet and trade stories.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:20 PM   #432
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
They won't rid of Orton.. They need someone to throw game clinching interceptions in case romo gets hurt.

Well they could always sign Sanchez right?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:21 PM   #433
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Probably. He is really good in practice. That is what is most important.
Well you might want to tell your boy Tebow that until he starts practicing better, he'll never get those "reps" to "progress"
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:54 PM   #434
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Finally. You're starting to get it.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:28 AM   #435
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
In his defense he will always be able to say well Teblow has a winning record because he might not start a game again. I remember Tebow for losing 4 of last 5 games in blowout fashion personally.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:17 AM   #436
Butterscotch Stallion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
In his defense he will always be able to say well Teblow has a winning record because he might not start a game again. I remember Tebow for losing 4 of last 5 games in blowout fashion personally.
So me forming an opinion on 16 games is lame, but 5
is totally cool?

Great logic there. (another win)
Old 12-31-2012, 08:18 AM   #437
Butterscotch Stallion

Quote:
Well you might want to tell your boy Tebow that until he starts practicing better, he'll never get those "reps" to "progress"
I'm sure he knows it.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:53 AM   #438
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Again, I like winners. My ego is not so fragile that I would knock one down to make me feel better about being a loser, like you.

I can handle other winners... I wish we had a club where we could all meet and trade stories.
So the guy who has a .507 win % and is 2nd string is a loser...

and the guy a .570% and is 3rd string is a winner?
2KBack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:20 AM   #439
Butterscotch Stallion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
So the guy who has a .507 win % and is 2nd string is a loser...

and the guy a .570% and is 3rd string is a winner?
do you think 57% is not better than 50%?
Old 12-31-2012, 10:34 AM   #440
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
So me forming an opinion on 16 games is lame, but 5
is totally cool?

Great logic there. (another win)
I saw enough to think that he would never be a legit qb. Not that it matters but neither did Elway or the Jets. I called it before Tebow is going to bounce around the league. This is a passing game now and he is god awful at it.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:23 AM   #441
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Juwan The Headless Thompson Gunner!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
I saw enough to think that he would never be a legit qb. Not that it matters but neither did Elway or the Jets. I called it before Tebow is going to bounce around the league. This is a passing game now and he is god awful at it.
The thing is Tebow is being out Tebow'ed by RGIII, even Cam Newton is a better Run/pread Option/throwing QB than Tebow is.

I have a gut feeling that if he doesn't find a fit where he can start for a team this year he may just leave the NFL and go into politics or something where he can stay in the public eye and spread his message.

The worse his NFL career goes the more tarnished his image gets.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:25 AM   #442
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Ive barely read this thread. But it saddens me that I continuously see it at the top of the feed when we are 13-3 and have the number 1 seed.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:20 PM   #443
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Ive barely read this thread. But it saddens me that I continuously see it at the top of the feed when we are 13-3 and have the number 1 seed.
Yeah, it was this thread (among one or two others) that made me question what it is we do on this board.

I'm going to stop feeding it... until offseason at the very least.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:49 PM   #444
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
The thing is Tebow is being out Tebow'ed by RGIII, even Cam Newton is a better Run/pread Option/throwing QB than Tebow is.
And with that development goes a bunch of the arguments as to why Tebow should not have been picked, or should not have been given a chance. And why the Broncos just had to stick with the Orton offense through Tebow's rookie and sophomore year.

It was always much simpler than people were willing to make it -- if the kid can throw it well enough, get him in there. If he can't, move him on into the heap wherever Blaine Gabbert, Brandon Weedon, Kevin Kolb, Brady Quinn, etc. all go.

Everything got too clenched up over Tebow's style of play, and arguments upon arguments that it could "never work." When in reality, anything can work.

It was always just a simple question of whether he's good enough to be one of the 32 starters in the league -- a very high standard, and one in which many people fall short of in a constant river of prospects.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:50 PM   #445
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post

I have a gut feeling that if he doesn't find a fit where he can start for a team this year he may just leave the NFL and go into politics or something where he can stay in the public eye and spread his message.

The worse his NFL career goes the more tarnished his image gets.
Both RGIII and Cam Newton went to teams that made their success a top priority. Tebow got drafted by a coach who didn't make it through that season, took a team to the playoffs that had a coaching staff unwilling to let him throw, then wound up on a team that represented itself as wanting him to compete at QB but really just wanted him to be a gimmick.

Not really the same experience.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:24 PM   #446
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
Both RGIII and Cam Newton went to teams that made their success a top priority. Tebow got drafted by a coach who didn't make it through that season, took a team to the playoffs that had a coaching staff unwilling to let him throw, then wound up on a team that represented itself as wanting him to compete at QB but really just wanted him to be a gimmick.

Both RG3 and cam can throw a pro pass. Tebow cannot throw on a consistent basis. It's pretty simple and his lack of skill is the reason he's not playing. Not some conspiracy to bring him down. Teboners will be blaming everyone but him all the way until he's out of the league. And when he's out of the league they'll still cry about tebow not getting a chance.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 12-31-2012 at 01:26 PM..
Old 12-31-2012, 01:35 PM   #447
Butterscotch Stallion

Quote:

Pwned.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:40 PM   #448
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Juwan The Headless Thompson Gunner!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Quote:

2 of Tebows HC's refused to start him including the one who moved up in the draft to get him. I think both saw what they traded for and then had buyers remorse. I know he was drafted in a lockout year but still if mCd thought he was ready he would have put him in at some point during his last 6 game losing streak.

Plus McCoy built an O around the guy that helped him succeed and it still took miracles and one guy running out of bounds and the same guy fumbling to back into the playoffs.

RGIII and Newton are better versions of Tebow and are more successful.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:39 PM   #449
Butterscotch Stallion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Good point.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:03 PM   #450
broncogary
Horse Player and Dimwit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
And with that development goes a bunch of the arguments as to why Tebow should not have been picked, or should not have been given a chance. And why the Broncos just had to stick with the Orton offense through Tebow's rookie and sophomore year.

It was always much simpler than people were willing to make it -- if the kid can throw it well enough, get him in there. If he can't, move him on into the heap wherever Blaine Gabbert, Brandon Weedon, Kevin Kolb, Brady Quinn, etc. all go.

Everything got too clenched up over Tebow's style of play, and arguments upon arguments that it could "never work." When in reality, anything can work.

It was always just a simple question of whether he's good enough to be one of the 32 starters in the league -- a very high standard, and one in which many people fall short of in a constant river of prospects.
I thought Weeden looked pretty good throwing the ball against us.
broncogary is offline   Reply With Quote