The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2012, 10:22 PM   #26
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler

Anyone else think the Bungals will beat the Texans? I think they will, they have a good team
Al Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:38 PM   #27
yakyakyuk
Just Drafted

Cincy is a pretty good road team - they won more games on the road than home this year (6-2 road, 4-4 home).

Their front four on D are good - and they plan the run very tough. They should be able to force Schaub to beat them - the current blueprint to beat Texans.

I would not be surprised to see the Broncos play Cincy, and New England play Baltimore in the divisional round.
yakyakyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:05 AM   #28
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
Whew. I had an event I had to be at most of Sunday afternoon, so I was seriously sweating this announcement out.
We have dinner over at the neighbors house that evening (I'm on the east coast, so right about kickoff). Looks like DVR and try to avoid any news/phone/etc until I can watch it.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:12 AM   #29
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakyakyuk View Post
Cincy is a pretty good road team - they won more games on the road than home this year (6-2 road, 4-4 home).

Their front four on D are good - and they plan the run very tough. They should be able to force Schaub to beat them - the current blueprint to beat Texans.

I would not be surprised to see the Broncos play Cincy, and New England play Baltimore in the divisional round.
This is my hope. That Baltimore goes to NE. Even though the Ratbirds won't win.....hopefully, their physical defense will beat the Pats up a bit before the AFC title game.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:32 AM   #30
Smilin Assassin
Tradition

If somehow Indy beats Balt, and Hou beats Cinnci......

I know Indy is playing great ball right now, but......

Manning vs Indy is almost poetic.
Smilin Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:48 AM   #31
frerottenextelway
█████

█████

Adopt-a-Bronco:
██

I've seen a lot of cinci, they are crap. Hopefully they get a miracle against Houston. Baltimore is the only team that is any kind of threat for our first game.
frerottenextelway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:54 AM   #32
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Love it! Looking forward to the Saturday afternoon game.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:59 AM   #33
BroncoBeavis

Colts would be a big storyline. Not sure I want that in our first game.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:26 AM   #34
Vine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
We have dinner over at the neighbors house that evening (I'm on the east coast, so right about kickoff). Looks like DVR and try to avoid any news/phone/etc until I can watch it.
good luck with that.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:35 AM   #35
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vine View Post
good luck with that.
I know, maybe one of my kids will have to get sick and we'll cancel...

We don't have to drive there (right next door), so no radio to worry about. I can (and will) turn off my phone, or better yet, leave it at home. they won't have the TV on over there. I'm going to give it a try, can't remember the last time I didn't see a Bronco playoff game live.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:38 AM   #36
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?

Fack, I have to work. At least I have a 60" flatscreen in my office that'll be dedicated to the game.
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:41 AM   #37
BroncoBeavis

Quote:

We don't have to drive there (right next door), so no radio to worry about. I can (and will) turn off my phone, or better yet, leave it at home. they won't have the TV on over there. I'm going to give it a try, can't remember the last time I didn't see a Bronco playoff game live.
Is this what dinner looks like at the neighbors'?

Old 12-31-2012, 10:54 AM   #38
Vine

Quote:

Even if you manage all that, the temptation to get a peak of whats going on during the game will be too much...
Old 12-31-2012, 11:30 AM   #39
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vine View Post
Even if you manage all that, the temptation to get a peak of whats going on during the game will be too much...
I know, it's going to be rough, but I think I can do it. We'll see how I feel after the Wildcard rounds this week. Nothing like playoff football.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Is this what dinner looks like at the neighbors'?

My neighbor is a hunter and a huge Florida State fan (they drive a few hours just to tailgate at the games) they're planning on making some venison meatloaf. So yeah, it'll look just like that
Old 12-31-2012, 11:31 AM   #40
extralife
Ring of Famer

I'll be rooting for Houston and Indy. I want that Colts game bad.

whatever the over/under for Peyton's stats in that game would be, I'm taking the over. It's all on the table, he could throw 7 TDs
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:33 AM   #41
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Colts would be a big storyline. Not sure I want that in our first game.
Its actually a pretty good match up for us. They cant run for ****, and Luck holds on to the ball all friggin day. Good luck doing that against VonDoom
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:35 AM   #42
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:

Dude, just reschedule. You're two weeks out. Its dinner with the neighbors and how often are the Broncos hosting playoff games?

If they dont understand that, get new friends.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:04 PM   #43
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
I know, it's going to be rough, but I think I can do it. We'll see how I feel after the Wildcard rounds this week. Nothing like playoff football.

My neighbor is a hunter and a huge Florida State fan (they drive a few hours just to tailgate at the games) they're planning on making some venison meatloaf. So yeah, it'll look just like that
Just trying to picture the kind of people who'd try to host a football-less dinner during a Divisional Round Saturday night.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:06 PM   #44
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Its actually a pretty good match up for us. They cant run for ****, and Luck holds on to the ball all friggin day. Good luck doing that against VonDoom
Yeah, that's a good point. But I don't see many on-paper matchup worries with the 3 teams we could possibly play. If there's a breakdown, it will be mental, so it would be nice to save all the drama for Brady.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:33 PM   #45
Dendave
Ring of Famer

Echo

Quote:

I DVR every game, and have been for a long time, it's easy to do. Just make sure you have no access to your phone, the worse is someone calling you and they don't know you are DVRing and open conversation with, "the Broncos are looking..." It just takes some will but it's doable, good luck, let us know how it turns out.
Dendave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:53 PM   #46
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

DVR'ing the game is the only way I can stand to watch anymore with all the ridiculously long and frequent commercial breaks. Live games are getting to be worse than a baseball game.
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote