The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2012, 10:58 AM   #76
Bronco Yoda

I can see McCoy going on a couple interviews and building his networking ... but I'm betting that he'll still stick around riding PM to some Super Bowls. Having a veteran player like PM is dream come true for a coach.

JDR is the one that I could see getting a HC job. I really really hope he stays.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:59 AM   #77
Bronco Yoda

Speculations abound that Andy Reid want to go to San Diego.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:00 AM   #78
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Some of you guys crack me up. Earlier in the year when the team was just learning the offense and the team was 2 and 3, all I heard was McCoy sucked and he should be immediately fired because Manning doesn't need an OC to screw things up.

Now that the Broncos are legitimate contenders with the #2 scoring offense in the NFL, some of the same people will give him no credit at all; because it is all Manning right?

I said earlier in the year that McCoy was in a no-win situation with many of the fans because when plays don't work, it will be McCoys fault. But when plays work beautifully, it will only be because Manning audibilized into it.

Last edited by R8R H8R; 12-31-2012 at 12:25 PM..
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:03 AM   #79
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

I just heard on Chicago's AM1000 that duh bears want to interview McCoy.

I think we are going to lose the guy.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:11 AM   #80
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

If you could choose where to go would you choose Chicago and Cutler
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:13 AM   #81
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

AM670 The Score said Jay Glazer posted that duh bear's asked for permission to interview McCoy
Old 12-31-2012, 11:16 AM   #82
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooo................

wait peyton is our OC... nevermind
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:23 AM   #83
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Yes.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:31 AM   #84
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
Speculations abound that Andy Reid want to go to San Diego.
I highly doubt Reid coaches any where next year.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:36 AM   #85
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Good for McCoy! Let him go. DEN doesnt need him.
DEN needs Peyton Freakin Manning.
That is all.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:36 AM   #86
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
I highly doubt Reid coaches any where next year.
I think duh bears would be better off with Reid. I wonder with the death of his son and the tough season he had this year on the field if he doesn't take a year or 2 off and try TV.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:38 AM   #87
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

I don't understand the love for McCoy suddenly. Even with a guy like Tebow we either ran 3 straight plays or would wait until 3rd and long to throw the ball. There was zero rhythm in play calling. When we did let him throw a bit more and weren't as predictable he had some of his better games. No we have possibly the best QB ever running the show. The offense was middle of the road at best when Orton was QB. I won't miss him at all when he's gone.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:41 AM   #88
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I think duh bears would be better off with Reid. I wonder with the death of his son and the tough season he had this year on the field if he doesn't take a year or 2 off and try TV.
He would be wise to go the Shanahan route and take a year off...grieve properly, re-charge the batteries etc.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:42 AM   #89
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
AM670 The Score said Jay Glazer posted that duh bear's asked for permission to interview McCoy
Sadly, the Bears is a really good situation for Mccoy, he gets some good offensive talent in Marshall and Forte, he gets a good defense as well. I think it would be a solid position for him to take.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:45 AM   #90
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Bears or Eagles, maybe the Cardinals depending on their future plans.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:57 AM   #91
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Sadly, the Bears is a really good situation for Mccoy, he gets some good offensive talent in Marshall and Forte, he gets a good defense as well. I think it would be a solid position for him to take.
He still needs to draft an entire OL and TE to protect Cutler, they will likely lose Henry Melton now as he was a guy Lovie was patient with and developed over the last couple years. duh bears D is ancient and they will likely lose Urlacker which means they need to draft 2 starting LB's, couple DT's and another DE to play across from Peppers who has lost a step.

Then there is the hand tieing that the mCcaskets do because they don't spend money.

If I were a 1st time HC I would find an owner who is willing to spend and an is willing to work through the growing pains. I don't think Chicago is a good place for him to go.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:30 PM   #92
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
He still needs to draft an entire OL and TE to protect Cutler, they will likely lose Henry Melton now as he was a guy Lovie was patient with and developed over the last couple years. duh bears D is ancient and they will likely lose Urlacker which means they need to draft 2 starting LB's, couple DT's and another DE to play across from Peppers who has lost a step.

Then there is the hand tieing that the mCcaskets do because they don't spend money.

If I were a 1st time HC I would find an owner who is willing to spend and an is willing to work through the growing pains. I don't think Chicago is a good place for him to go.
Emery did pretty well in his first draft. i think he'll build upon that and get the OL and TE situations fixed.
this just further makes people wonder why the hell they listened to Martz and traded Olsen away when they should have made him mold the offense to help feature Olsen more.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:38 PM   #93
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:

It depends on what he thinks of Cutler. If he thinks he can win a SB with him, then he should take the job. If not, then he shouldn't take it because he would be stuck with him, and we all know if the team fails, it surely won't be Cutler's fault.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:42 PM   #94
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
Emery did pretty well in his first draft. i think he'll build upon that and get the OL and TE situations fixed.
this just further makes people wonder why the hell they listened to Martz and traded Olsen away when they should have made him mold the offense to help feature Olsen more.
They were just talking him up on the Score (am670) I still think they would have been better off using that 2nd round pick on an OL than McCleelan(sp?) I think that kid is too small to play in the NFL.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:49 PM   #95
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Arizona and Chicago have asked for and received permission to interview Broncos OC Mike McCoy for their HC job. Will interview this weekend.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:51 PM   #96
Bronco Yoda

I wonder if Khan is interested in McCoy. He's already had experience and some success in the Tebow circus.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:52 PM   #97
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideco View Post
Jay Glazer@JayGlazer The Bears have already asked for permission to interview Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy. He's a very, very hot name right now

McCoy is a lucky man riding Manning's coat tails to a big pay day maybe.

Are NFL that hard up that he is at the top of their list ?

JDR I see, that makes sense but McCOY IS WAY OVERATED.
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:56 PM   #98
FrankieTwoThumbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
I don't understand the love for McCoy suddenly. Even with a guy like Tebow we either ran 3 straight plays or would wait until 3rd and long to throw the ball. There was zero rhythm in play calling. When we did let him throw a bit more and weren't as predictable he had some of his better games. No we have possibly the best QB ever running the show. The offense was middle of the road at best when Orton was QB. I won't miss him at all when he's gone.
McCoy's offenses reflect the qb running them. Tebow, offense sucked and was insanely predictable but was the only thing approaching a feasible Tebow run offense that we have seen so far in the league (Jets would rather die with Sanchez then even try a Tebow offense). Orton, middle of the pack offense for a backup qb. Manning, at the top of the league. He is no Bill Walsh, but he allows the qb to display his talent no matter how different the talent is. Making sure the scheme gets out of the way of the players doesn't sound all that impressive until you remember that coaches like McDaniels also exist.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:08 PM   #99
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
They were just talking him up on the Score (am670) I still think they would have been better off using that 2nd round pick on an OL than McCleelan(sp?) I think that kid is too small to play in the NFL.
you mean their first rounder the DE/LB from Boise St Shea Mcclellin? naw, his draft stock was red hot and the assumption was someone was going to take him top 17-20. he and Jeffery were the right picks they just were unfortunate to suffer multiple injuries in their rookie seasons. their first 3 picks ended up with major or multiple injuries this season while showing flashes.
all should be very nice players in the future.

the OL, the TE and the LB positions have to be overhauled though. they need improvement in those areas badly.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:10 PM   #100
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
Yes.
Only if I had chance to talk to Cutler first and to tell him that he does what I say
No questions asked. Take coaching and grow up , and by the way I will bring in a competent
Backup to push you.

Cutler could be great but his mental attitude screws everyone.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote