The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2012, 10:42 AM   #51
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
Exactly,when your QB can't throw the ball,you run a real conservative offense. Shows great ability to adapt to the talent you have on offense.
When your QB can't throw, what else is there to do?
winstoncup bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:44 AM   #52
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstoncup bronco View Post
Get one who can
Old 12-31-2012, 10:44 AM   #53
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
He runs a 3-4. We just finally got back to a 4-3. We don't have a dominant NT.
I personally like a 3-4 D but I agree with you on we just got a good 4-3 set up and its kicking ass why would you try and change that ?
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:44 AM   #54
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief

And by the way, during Orton's turn at QB last year, the team never scored more than 24 points in a game, so it's not like we were lighting up the scoreboard with either guy.
winstoncup bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:50 AM   #55
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
He runs a 3-4. We just finally got back to a 4-3. We don't have a dominant NT.
Does Indy have a dominant NT? NO,but they run a 3-4 defense.
peacepipe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:59 AM   #56
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Does Indy have a dominant NT? NO,but they run a 3-4 defense.
They will next year. Josh Chapman is sitting on IR after being a beast for Alabama even after he tore his ACL. Once Chapman is healthy and Grigson raids PHI now that Reid got fired that front seven will be pretty damn good IMHO.

Also, their defense is still pretty crappy this year even with the scheme change. They are younger and getting experience though. Manusky has been fairly unimpressive as DC though just as I expected.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:02 AM   #57
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
All right I'm all in. Naked bootleg for Manning!
Jesus what a horrible mental image. Yesterday he rolled out of the pocket and had Hali, I believe, closing in on his blind side. I swear to God I screamed out in panic.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:02 AM   #58
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
They will next year. Josh Chapman is sitting on IR after being a beast for Alabama even after he tore his ACL. Once Chapman is healthy and Grigson raids PHI now that Reid got fired that front seven will be pretty damn good IMHO.

Also, their defense is still pretty crappy this year even with the scheme change. They are younger and getting experience though. Manusky has been fairly unimpressive as DC though just as I expected.
My point is this notion that we don't have the personal to run a 3-4 is a fallacy.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:05 AM   #59
Vine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
I don't get the McCoy buzz .. He was horrible last year with Tebow. I remember sitting on the couch making bets on what his next three plays would be and winning 90 percent of the time. Manning is running this show. Anybody impressed with McCoy this year, should be impressed with Manning.
This.

The Broncos success on offense this year is all Manning. I just can't wait for Mccoy to go somewhere else, see another team flop because of him.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:13 AM   #60
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
I don't get the McCoy buzz .. He was horrible last year with Tebow. I remember sitting on the couch making bets on what his next three plays would be and winning 90 percent of the time. Manning is running this show. Anybody impressed with McCoy this year, should be impressed with Manning.
Actually, he was damn good last yr with tebow,he recognized his QBs limitations & adjusted accordingly.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:14 AM   #61
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Luckily for us OC isn't that big an issue. We just need a really smart guy who can come up with great gameplans for attack and such as well as help with adjustments on gameday. Play calling is up to Manning.

DC is my biggest concern. If we only lose McCoy I can live. If we lose Del Rio also, it's going to SUCK.

that is one of the biggest parts of a OC's job. that's one of the toughest things to find in a good OC. play calling involves a certain feel for the game that certain people have a great feel on and some don't.
but putting together game plans and attacking is more of a issue to find than play calling because it's the process that leads up to success that some can't understand.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:14 AM   #62
Vine

Quote:
You don't get the success McCoy had last yr,not only with tebow as QB & changing an entire offensive scheme mid-season. Our offense sucked because we had tebow as QB,McCoy should be praised for what he was able to pull off with tebow at QB.
You really buying into 99% run plays on 1st downs? I don't care if you have the worst throwing qb in the history of the NFL, if opposing teams know that you are going to run on 1st down, then your offense becomes 1 dimensional, of course you are going to struggle to get any 1st downs, let alone sustain drives and score points.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:15 AM   #63
Vine

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstoncup bronco View Post
Bootlegs, misdirection. At first, the option-read was great, but when teams figured that out, McCoy failed at further improvisation.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:23 AM   #64
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vine View Post
You really buying into 99% run plays on 1st downs? I don't care if you have the worst throwing qb in the history of the NFL, if opposing teams know that you are going to run on 1st down, then your offense becomes 1 dimensional, of course you are going to struggle to get any 1st downs, let alone sustain drives and score points.
What are the options when you have tebow as your QB? Throw an incomplete pass into the sidelines/grass,throw an int or run where you have your best chance to gain some yards. That's the problem with tebow,he can't throw the ball,so your offense is forced into being one dimensional.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:29 AM   #65
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Bootlegs, misdirection. At first, the option-read was great, but when teams figured that out, McCoy failed at further improvisation.
Sometimes,like with tebow,you have to realize that there's nothing that can be done that will fix the fact that tebow can't play QB in the NFL.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:31 AM   #66
Bronco Yoda

PFM's butler and personal driver is Mr. Jeeves. Welcome to the coaching staff Mr. Jeeves.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:31 AM   #67
CEH
Ring of Famer

Tebow didn't have the chops to audible nor the chops to throw the ball
It was basically whatever call was made from the sideline had to be the play
while the defense had the ability to adjust

The NFL knows what when down in Denver contrary to what the zealots in Tebowland believe
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:31 AM   #68
Vine

Quote:
Sometimes,like with tebow,you have to realize that there's nothing that can be done that will fix the fact that tebow can't play QB in the NFL.
Well, I am hoping that Jax will give people a chance to shut up, or eat crow about Tebow.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:32 AM   #69
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
what misdirection or bootleg was there to run? teams were daring Tebow to throw and the only team he really burned was Pitt on the TD pass to DT and that was mostly DT just beasting on Ike Taylor for tons of Yac.
Tebow could do hand offs and read option and so that's what we did.
we won a division title and playoff game behind it.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:33 AM   #70
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Well, I am hoping that Jax will give people a chance to shut up, or eat crow about Tebow.
He'll have to beat out Chad Henne in TC.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:37 AM   #71
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Ken Wisenhunt was just fired. There's your next OC.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:39 AM   #72
Vine

Quote:
He'll have to beat out Chad Henne in TC.
Tebow has a negative effect on qb's above him on depth charts. Orton and Sanchez. Where ever Tebow goes, most likely will end up in a situation in which Tebow is given the starting job, so as to avoid a qb controversy and put butts in the seats.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:42 AM   #73
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
What are the options when you have tebow as your QB? Throw an incomplete pass into the sidelines/grass,throw an int or run where you have your best chance to gain some yards. That's the problem with tebow,he can't throw the ball,so your offense is forced into being one dimensional.
Maybe run the kind of game plan that worked so well against the Steelers and Vikings.

15-20 passes in the first three quarters with 5+ of them being deep shots down field. Play the 4th quarter by ear. You let Tebow do that and he wins you big games, just like he did for us. He's got one of the better deep balls in the league and we failed to make use of it with any consistency last season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
Tebow didn't have the chops to audible nor the chops to throw the ball
It was basically whatever call was made from the sideline had to be the play
while the defense had the ability to adjust

The NFL knows what when down in Denver contrary to what the zealots in Tebowland believe
How is this different from every other rookie/young first time starter ever, including Peyton Manning and all the successful rookie starters in the league this year?

I can't recall the last time I've seen a rookie given significant audible responsibilities. Tebow being given the power to run option plays and on the fly switch to a QB run is as much or more leverage than most rookie QBs ever get.

McCoy leaving isn't a big deal to me at all. The big turning point for this season to me was when they let Manning just take over the offense and dropped pretty much all of McCoy's plays from last year and Carolina, running basically nothing but the former Colts offense under Manning. If McCoy leaves we either promote Gase, bring in Tom Moore, or do both and call Tom Moore a "special assistant".
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:42 AM   #74
broncswin
God I love those Broncos

Bring back the hardware

Adopt-a-Bronco:
three amigos

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
Lmao...would put that one right back to you
broncswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:47 AM   #75
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Ken Wisenhunt was just fired. There's your next OC.
him or Shurmur work for me.
i favor Wisenhunt a bit more though since his philosophy would likely fit in more with the smash mouth style Fox likes.
though Manning at QB means you really just need a solid running game and then allow him to do his work.