The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2012, 08:34 AM   #26
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
In order:

Wisenhunt
Shurmur
Norv
yes sir! that's my list too.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:47 AM   #27
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

Luckily for us OC isn't that big an issue. We just need a really smart guy who can come up with great gameplans for attack and such as well as help with adjustments on gameday. Play calling is up to Manning.

DC is my biggest concern. If we only lose McCoy I can live. If we lose Del Rio also, it's going to SUCK.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:49 AM   #28
rideco

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
Luckily for us OC isn't that big an issue. We just need a really smart guy who can come up with great gameplans for attack and such as well as help with adjustments on gameday. Play calling is up to Manning.

DC is my biggest concern. If we only lose McCoy I can live. If we lose Del Rio also, it's going to SUCK.

100% agree
Old 12-31-2012, 08:54 AM   #29
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

When McCoy is hired, I bet you Gase takes over.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:58 AM   #30
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Whoever Peyton wants and doesn't have an ego
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:00 AM   #31
mopatt24
Seasoned Veteran

I'm all in for Wisenhunt
mopatt24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:01 AM   #32
tesnyde
Paradigm Coordinator

Keepit nuttier than a squirrel turd

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideco View Post
I would LOVE to see Kubes back but I dont think they are going to fire him this year. But you never know.
So if Kubes and staff gets fired then I would hope we would also consider Phillips for DC if we lose JDR.
tesnyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:05 AM   #33
orinjkrush

Hey, no hurling on the shell, dude,

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ben Garland

time for Elway to focus on his coaching team. the football team is others' job right now.

you don't throw away a coaching team just 'cause others want to pilfer it.

Elway needs to do whatever necessary to keep and improve this coaching team.

Titles; Money; Perqs; Promises; Expense Accounts; Private jets; and a little history lesson "take other coaching jobs too early and die a McDaniels death."
orinjkrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:05 AM   #34
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostknight View Post
Between Tebow last year, and Manning this year, McCoy is long gone. I could see him ending up in Jacksonville or Chicago. Not sure it's the best for him - I suspect another year with Manning would be better for him, but Que Sera. I think whatever team looses the "McDaniels sweepstakes" (I can't believe I just wrote that), will grab McCoy.

It will be the other way around. McCoy is a hotter candidate than McDaniels at this point. Teams saw what a disaster he was here, and couple that with the fact
that he completely flopped as an OC in St Louis, tells them that he has only proven he is a good coach when he has Tom Brady.

McCoy has proven he can win with a Tebow and a Manning. That should be more important to any team.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:09 AM   #35
lostknight
In The Arena

ohwaitwtf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
[/B]
It will be the other way around. McCoy is a hotter candidate than McDaniels at this point. Teams saw what a disaster he was here, and couple that with the fact
that he completely flopped as an OC in St Louis, tells them that he has only proven he is a good coach when he has Tom Brady.

McCoy has proven he can win with a Tebow and a Manning. That should be more important to any team.
It should be, but it's not. The New England label continues to stick.

I will say this - I think one big arguement going for McCoy is what was said on SNF last night - unless you have one of the 3-4 elite QB's (which we now do have), you have to find a way to break the mold, and do things that the NFL found beneath itself a year or two ago - including option quarterbacking. That plays in McCoy's favor.
lostknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:13 AM   #36
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by orinjkrush View Post
time for Elway to focus on his coaching team. the football team is others' job right now.

you don't throw away a coaching team just 'cause others want to pilfer it.

Elway needs to do whatever necessary to keep and improve this coaching team.

Titles; Money; Perqs; Promises; Expense Accounts; Private jets; and a little history lesson "take other coaching jobs too early and die a McDaniels death."
I may be misreading your statement, but assistant coaching decisions are Fox's responsibility and choice. Elway just decides the HC only. Elway can make a suggestion for sure, but Fox has final authority on his staff, as it should be.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:14 AM   #37
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief

I'm sorry, I just don't get the McCoy thing.

Everyone complained our offense sucked last year, but think McCoy did this masterful job. We were 23rd in yards, 25th in points. Wow.

And now people are giving him all the credit for Manning's season? Like Manning never had great seasons before?

I won't lose a wink of sleep if some team just jumps on a popular name.
winstoncup bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:14 AM   #38
Mountain Bronco
Ring of Famer

McCoy will probably interview with Chicago this week and they will likely hire him IMO and he will take that job as it is the best job of any of the openings as it was a 10-6 team in a tough division.
Mountain Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:15 AM   #39
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

I will say this - I think one big arguement going for McCoy is what was said on SNF last night - unless you have one of the 3-4 elite QB's (which we now do have), you have to find a way to break the mold, and do things that the NFL found beneath itself a year or two ago - including option quarterbacking. That plays in McCoy's favor.
The NE label is the rep you get from that offense NE has? Crennel,mcdaniels,pioli,who was it that coached the jets & browns? I think that rep has run its course.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:21 AM   #40
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstoncup bronco View Post
I'm sorry, I just don't get the McCoy thing.

Everyone complained our offense sucked last year, but think McCoy did this masterful job. We were 23rd in yards, 25th in points. Wow.

And now people are giving him all the credit for Manning's season? Like Manning never had great seasons before?

I won't lose a wink of sleep if some team just jumps on a popular name.
You don't get the success McCoy had last yr,not only with tebow as QB & changing an entire offensive scheme mid-season. Our offense sucked because we had tebow as QB,McCoy should be praised for what he was able to pull off with tebow at QB.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:25 AM   #41
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I want experience. I think we have shown that experience is what is necessary in the coordinator roles.

Kubs if he does get fired
Moore
Norv
Wisenhunt

I love Gase, but not with John Fox as the HC. It's fine to bring a young guy up into the coordinator role, if the HC can run that side of the ball. So, go young on Defense if needed, but hire a compliment to Fox to run the offense. Norv or Moore would be perfect. Kubs would be heaven. I think Kubs can adjust to any offense...that's my opinion.

I'll say this about Houston...had they went out and signed Manning........they would be head and heals above the pack. Matt Schaub is very average...and Kubiak has squeezed that lemon until there is no juice left. The HC will get he blame...but, he doesn't have the guy behind center that's needed to win a championship!

Go Elway! He got it done.

Last edited by Hamrob; 12-31-2012 at 09:27 AM..
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:25 AM   #42
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:

Well, if you are right, then those teams deserve their fate. However, your comment concerning McCoy confirms my thought that he may make a better HC than he was an OC. He gets it. He has proven to himself that it is not about the system(like McD), it is about the players and designing the system around them.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:25 AM   #43
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

For those mentioning big names like Norv Turner, it ain't happening. Those guys have their own offensive philosophies that don't really mesh with what Manning likes to do. If McCoy goes (and the deeper into the playoffs we advance, the less likely that becomes), then it will either be someone already on the staff (e.g. Gase) or someone Manning has worked with before (e.g. Tom Moore).
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:26 AM   #44
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Bronco View Post
McCoy will probably interview with Chicago this week and they will likely hire him IMO and he will take that job as it is the best job of any of the openings as it was a 10-6 team in a tough division.
Might be a good reentry spot for a blue-chipper like Cowher or Chucky though too.

I say bring back da Ditka.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:28 AM   #45
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

I'd be shocked if it wasn't Tom Moore.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:29 AM   #46
Drunken.Broncoholic

Gase or Moore. Those are probably the only 2 that would keep it a smooth transition.

NE didnt lose anything when McDaniels left. I expect the broncos will not be affected as much when McCoy leaves. Elite QBs can soften any coaching loss.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 12-31-2012 at 09:32 AM..
Old 12-31-2012, 09:31 AM   #47
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
You don't get the success McCoy had last yr,not only with tebow as QB & changing an entire offensive scheme mid-season. Our offense sucked because we had tebow as QB,McCoy should be praised for what he was able to pull off with tebow at QB.
That offense was as a conservative offense as I've ever seen. Most of those wins came on Tebow running, and burning an unsuspecting defense with a surprise pass downfield. We were mid 20's in offense, there's not much below that.

I'm confident this offense will not miss a beat if he leaves.
winstoncup bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:36 AM   #48
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesnyde View Post
So if Kubes and staff gets fired then I would hope we would also consider Phillips for DC if we lose JDR.
He runs a 3-4. We just finally got back to a 4-3. We don't have a dominant NT.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:38 AM   #49
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

I don't get the McCoy buzz .. He was horrible last year with Tebow. I remember sitting on the couch making bets on what his next three plays would be and winning 90 percent of the time. Manning is running this show. Anybody impressed with McCoy this year, should be impressed with Manning.
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:38 AM   #50
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstoncup bronco View Post
That offense was as a conservative offense as I've ever seen. Most of those wins came on Tebow running, and burning an unsuspecting defense with a surprise pass downfield. We were mid 20's in offense, there's not much below that.

I'm confident this offense will not miss a beat if he leaves.
Exactly,when your QB can't throw the ball,you run a real conservative offense. Shows great ability to adapt to the talent you have on offense.