The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2012, 09:07 PM   #226
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
we will find out. I am not scared at all of the "road" seahawks.

It's time for payback for 2005 and 2007. I would pick them if it was in seattle but I see the redskins winning next week.

Then Bacchus and I can discuss (soft) atlanta vs. skins.
I think next weeks game will be very close....I hope RG3 is closer to 100 percent.

BRING BACK BUTCH
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:07 PM   #227
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
They ain't trading Cousins. Shanny drafted him because he knows RGIII is going to be hurt now and again, and that's exactly what happened. Your backup has to be competent when you have a tiny dude running around as your number one.
FWIW, indications are that he will eventually but why do it when you have him under control and the position is at such a premium

One of the big discussions on DC radio is what type of offer would get shanny/allen thinking about pulling the trigger on a trade.

Nothing less than 2 second rounders seems to be the concensus. Someone may or may not get flynn disease and offer it up, but until that time comes yeah he is good to have around.
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:08 PM   #228
Action

Quote:

It's time for payback for 2005 and 2007. I would pick them if it was in seattle but I see the redskins winning next week.

True which is why I said either.

I just see so many similarities on how the Redskins play from when Shanny was in Denver was here it's easy to see the exploits and how it doesn't translate to playoff football.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:11 PM   #229
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
I think next weeks game will be very close....I hope RG3 is closer to 100 percent.
Me too, we will need him at better mobility. What happened today was Dallas was afraid to commit to the box because they did not want to get burned on the deep, big plays with that atrocious secondary.

Alfred took advantage, however the seahawks have a great defense.

The seahawks are more of a running team and the skins handle those teams pretty well.

We got them at fedex, i'll be there. I will take my chances. "Road" seattle does not scare me one bit and we need revenge for the Gibbs 2.0 playoff years where they eliminated us up there.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:11 PM   #230
Action

Quote:
FWIW, indications are that he will eventually but why do it when you have him under control and the position is at such a premium

One of the big discussions on DC radio is what type of offer would get shanny/allen thinking about pulling the trigger on a trade.

Nothing less than 2 second rounders seems to be the concensus. Someone may or may not get flynn disease and offer it up, but until that time comes yeah he is good to have around.
Redskins/DC people don't set the price on Kirk, other teams do.

There has been so many utter failures for trading for a QB that wasn't drafted by the same team, I'm sure teams will be more cautious. The system the QB plays in is a huge deal, most people don't realize.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:13 PM   #231
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
True which is why I said either.

I just see so many similarities on how the Redskins play from when Shanny was in Denver was here it's easy to see the exploits and how it doesn't translate to playoff football.
Yeah I mean that's a valid point from a defensive perspective. I'm with you on that one because I saw all those nightmare colts games.

But I think we do ok against seattle. After that, who knows.

and most certainly, if we had to go to lambeau; rodgers would light us up like peyton lit up the shanahan broncos
Old 12-30-2012, 09:14 PM   #232
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Redskins/DC people don't set the price on Kirk, other teams do.

There has been so many utter failures for trading for a QB that wasn't drafted by the same team, I'm sure teams will be more cautious. The system the QB plays in is a huge deal, most people don't realize.
I wasn't arguing one way or the other. Just relaying info.

My own personal opinion is that he could get you a 2nd rounder this offseason. However, I don't think shanahan pulls the trigger, he will wait.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:17 PM   #233
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
So, they probably left to go to teams that fit their comfort zone better. The system and culture that is currently in place in Denver could never be attained by a coach like Shanahan.
Agree but it couldn't be acheived by McDaniels either, and that's when they left so my point stands.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:20 PM   #234
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
True, I think Bobby Turner would be more comfortable as a fit in the ZBS but I think McDaniels knew his talents hence why he wanted to keep him.

Do the research...Mike Nolan is a head case in his self. He's never found a constant home yet he's able to produce a competitive defense.

I don't know the exact coaches that left, but there are two completely different systems and ways of coaching a football team from McDaniels to Shanahan. Shanahan coaches a soft football team.

So, they probably left to go to teams that fit their comfort zone better. The system and culture that is currently in place in Denver could never be attained by a coach like Shanahan.
What the heck are you trying to say? Don't tell me you're a McD nut-hugger Haven't we gotten rid of all those idiots by now?? Turner left because he was a Shanny guy...and because he could not continue to work with an idiot like McD.

Turner is the best RB coach in the NFL hands-down! His record speaks for itself.

I would have liked to see Steve Watson continue on as well. What a joke that was with the hiring of McD. Thank God...Bowlen brought in Elway to get this ship turned around!!!
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:22 PM   #235
Action

Quote:
Yeah I mean that's a valid point from a defensive perspective. I'm with you on that one because I saw all those nightmare colts games.

But I think we do ok against seattle. After that, who knows.

and most certainly, if we had to go to lambeau; rodgers would light us up like peyton lit up the shanahan broncos
Not only that, but this type of offense with agile olineman hasn't been proven in the playoffs sense Broncos won the super bowl. I don't want to say it's a gimmick offense, but it's just a offense that has a lot of pressure to "fool" the other team to bite, and if this doesn't happen then it struggles.

It's not like the top tier offenses that play straight up to just out execute you.

Case in point..Shanahan's offenses in the playoffs since he won the SB:

2000 Ravens
3 points
(don't have stats)

2003 Colts
10 points
322 yards

2004 Colts
24 points
338 yards

2005 Patriots
286 yards
27 points

2005 Steelers
308 yards
17 points

Now, it's been like 6 years since he was in the playoffs, but I see the same soft offense going into the playoffs.

This was also the AFC... however NFC defenses has vastly improved.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:23 PM   #236
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Agree but it couldn't be acheived by McDaniels either, and that's when they left so my point stands.
I have no idea why McDaniels is in this conversation lol

HOWEVER, I do believe that you could do it with McDaniels had you have a real GM in place and let McDaniels just coach. McDaniels has the same beliefs and philosophies that we have here today...
Old 12-30-2012, 09:26 PM   #237
Action

Here's the issue, all it really takes is for the Redskins to play a very good defense or a very good offense...
Old 12-30-2012, 09:28 PM   #238
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Not only that, but this type of offense with agile olineman hasn't been proven in the playoffs sense Broncos won the super bowl. I don't want to say it's a gimmick offense, but it's just a offense that has a lot of pressure to "fool" the other team to bite, and if this doesn't happen then it struggles.

It's not like the top tier offenses that play straight up to just out execute you.

Case in point..Shanahan's offenses in the playoffs since he won the SB:

2000 Ravens
3 points
(don't have stats)

2003 Colts
10 points
322 yards

2004 Colts
24 points
338 yards

2005 Patriots
286 yards
27 points

2005 Steelers
308 yards
17 points

Now, it's been like 6 years since he was in the playoffs, but I see the same soft offense going into the playoffs.

This was also the AFC... however NFC defenses has vastly improved.
remains to be seen. I have more confidence this time around because he has his best RB/QB combo since Elway/TD.

I am ok with the offense. The defense has been getting by with some great deception and guys with tremendous will to get it done (Kerrigan, Jackson, Fletcher, etc.)

We will see what happens, as always.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:30 PM   #239
Action

Quote:
remains to be seen. I have more confidence this time around because he has his best RB/QB combo since Elway/TD.

I am ok with the offense. The defense has been getting by with some great deception and guys with tremendous will to get it done (Kerrigan, Jackson, Fletcher, etc.)

We will see what happens, as always.
It is true that he has a better QB and RB, however the receivers...
Old 12-30-2012, 09:32 PM   #240
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Here's the issue, all it really takes is for the Redskins to play a very good defense or a very good offense...
Well Dallas is as good as it gets on offense. So credit has to be given to Haslett pulling this **** off.

Now in terms of defense, the biggest struggle was against the steelers but keep in mind the receivers dropped 11+ passes that day.

Giants are still a good defense and they did well IMO holding the skins to 17 points in the 2nd meeting, but the redskins defense held their own and allowed only 16 points.

I guess bottom line to me is can the defense hang? They have done it well recently with the exception of what I thought was a subpar effort against philly last week.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:34 PM   #241
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
It is true that he has a better QB and RB, however the receivers...
Yeah it's patchwork other than Garcon, but keep in mind having to defend RG and Morris allows these receivers to get more open than your avg receivers.

Their sum is greater than the individual parts. As a group Garcon, Moss, Hankerson and Morgan are doing a pretty decent job.

Tonight though was not a good night for them as a whole but Morris was the answer tonight.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:18 AM   #242
DENVERDUI55

Quote:

I honestly think the road seahawks are going to pound the redskins. They have the corners to play one on one on the outside and Carroll has coached against a spread offense before.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:22 AM   #243
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
I honestly think the road seahawks are going to pound the redskins. They have the corners to play one on one on the outside and Carroll has coached against a spread offense before.
Man's kryptonite is a QB like Griffin. Turn your back to run with the WRs and he's turning the corner for 30 yards. One player canNOT spy him.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:25 AM   #244
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Man's kryptonite is a QB like Griffin. Turn your back to run with the WRs and he's turning the corner for 30 yards. One player canNOT spy him.
True but he is on one leg and Seattle has same thing going for them with Wilson arguably as good as RG3 without the flashy media coverage. Seattle D can contain the spread option just like they did with San Fran. I expect a 10 plus pt win for them.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:37 AM   #245
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
True but he is on one leg and Seattle has same thing going for them with Wilson arguably as good as RG3 without the flashy media coverage. Seattle D can contain the spread option just like they did with San Fran. I expect a 10 plus pt win for them.
He was on even less of a leg last night and went for 63 yards against primarily zone Ds. Also, the difference in quality between Griffin and Kaepernick is pretty steep.

I agree with your premise though. I think Seattle and GB are the best teams in the NFC playoffs, but the Redskins are a scary darkhorse. Lots of youth which brings a lot of inconsistency (like our 2008 team), but still very capable of beating anyone if they show up.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:53 AM   #246
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Teams that I believe the skins would have a tough time beating in the playoffs: GB, SF

Rodgers would light us up.
SF, when they come to play, are the next least flawed team in the league after Denver.

Not scared at all by the rest of the field.

Seattle, Atlanta, Minnesota - not scared at all.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:25 AM   #247
colonelbeef
Lets be friend

Elway is the new Jerry West

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Quote:
True, I think Bobby Turner would be more comfortable as a fit in the ZBS but I think McDaniels knew his talents hence why he wanted to keep him.

Do the research...Mike Nolan is a head case in his self. He's never found a constant home yet he's able to produce a competitive defense.

I don't know the exact coaches that left, but there are two completely different systems and ways of coaching a football team from McDaniels to Shanahan. Shanahan coaches a soft football team.

What on earth are you flapping your stupid gums about exactly?

So the architect of the best rushing attack of the last 25 years year in and year out is "soft" in your eyes, while some pass happy failed OC runs a 'smashmouth' attack?

It's actually frightening to think that there are people as stupid as you are walking this planet, good god
colonelbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:48 AM   #248
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

I think Seattle will hand the skins their hat. Sure, they are not good on the road but everything changes in the playoffs. Their defense will flat out punch you in the mouth. When Seattle plays well they are hard to beat and if they play mistake free football, I think they will win this game. The only edge I give to the Skins is coaching and the fact they don't have to travel.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:05 AM   #249
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

People are underestimating how physical the redskins are.

Part of being in the NFC east is physical play is part of you. The NFC east's staple is tough, physical play. Always has been, always will be.

That's why I cringed at the shanny hire. He has never been that type of coach but he looks to have adapted to NFC east style ball; at least the tough, gritty part of it
Old 12-31-2012, 10:35 AM   #250
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote