The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2012, 11:15 PM   #26
OBF1
Ring of Famer
 
No avatar is the new avatar

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 15,597

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy
Default

If the list is not headed by SLAP, stop the madness now.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:16 PM   #27
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 29,747

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Would you like to volunteer to chair something like this? I'd be delighted for someone to submit a proposal on what they'd like to see, and then execute on it. I'm very open-minded to things like this where someone wants to pitch in to add to our culture.
Heck I would help him run it if he wanted to. I think its a good way to help recognize our boards community.

It was cool the way Old Dude did it and there could be other ways to add to it.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:21 PM   #28
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,745

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
whatever, I'm drunk and going to bed.
p***Y. Denver just clinched first place and new years eve is tomorrow. Plenty of time to sleep on the 3rd.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:24 PM   #29
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 29,747

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
You werent around back then. THere were threads, signatures, meetings at tailgate parties, chicks (why Chris Kenney never got the HOF nod), etc. I looked for the threads but mysteriously deleted by TJ. I can't say who is part of this HOF pack but a few have been in this thread already. IIf you know the Mosaic cult , this one more deeper in secrecy.

To those in the know, Be far to the knee. Bazi is the word. Bazi up and Foneco this now.
They might have shifted to archives as opposed to deleted. That or lost in one of the server crashes. Remember those days. Anytime something remotely newsworthy happened the server would crash. Glad Taco was able to upgrade us!

EDIT: here are some of the discussions

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/archive....php/f-51.html

Last edited by theAPAOps5; 12-30-2012 at 11:27 PM..
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:28 PM   #30
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality
 
Blueflame's Avatar
 
Welcome to Peyton's Place

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in my cups... lol
Posts: 33,705

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
They might have shifted to archives as opposed to deleted. That or lost in one of the server crashes. Remember those days. Anytime something remotely newsworthy happened the server would crash. Glad Taco was able to upgrade us!
You have to have a secret decoder ring to know how to access the archives (threads more than a month old).
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:34 PM   #31
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 29,747

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
You have to have a secret decoder ring to know how to access the archives (threads more than a month old).
I know, I got mine as part of winning rookie of the year!

You beat my edit! I linked to all the category discussions.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:36 PM   #32
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
You werent around back then. THere were threads, signatures, meetings at tailgate parties, chicks (why Chris Kenney never got the HOF nod), etc. I looked for the threads but mysteriously deleted by TJ. I can't say who is part of this HOF pack but a few have been in this thread already. IIf you know the Mosaic cult , this one more deeper in secrecy.

To those in the know, Be far to the knee. Bazi is the word. Bazi up and Foneco this now.
That is awesome, they should followup with it. Maybe a HOF signature or a gold star by the name.... WTF have it if no one ever remembers?
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:36 PM   #33
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
p***Y. Denver just clinched first place and new years eve is tomorrow. Plenty of time to sleep on the 3rd.
ahhh, I'm still up ****er!!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:39 PM   #34
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,745

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
ahhh, I'm still up ****er!!!
tell her not me
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:02 AM   #35
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 21,982

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
That is awesome, they should followup with it. Maybe a HOF signature or a gold star by the name.... WTF have it if no one ever remembers?
! Dude we have it but only shows up on those that were selected. We also get notices when guys that are HOF show up unannounced. You ever notice when someone that is an old timer comes and posts and then is swarmed? We get text messages. Old Dude gets a pager message but that is because he doesn't use newer technology. I have probably said too much but Mock once told some of the premium level goodies we get and got repriminded for it. So I am probably not saying anything that many don't know. If I am wrong, I am sure I will receive a warning or banning from any of the HOF MODS or posters.

BTW, Apa, that is a funny signature you put on today. Too bad most don't see it.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:37 AM   #36
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,549
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
You werent around back then. THere were threads, signatures, meetings at tailgate parties, chicks (why Chris Kenney never got the HOF nod), etc. I looked for the threads but mysteriously deleted by TJ. I can't say who is part of this HOF pack but a few have been in this thread already. IIf you know the Mosaic cult , this one more deeper in secrecy.

To those in the know, Be far to the knee. Bazi is the word. Bazi up and Foneco this now.

I am still pissed I did not get Best New Poster in 2005/06.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:29 AM   #37
Kaylore
Shall we begin?
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
You should have let me sleep!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,930

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

I think I was POY. I celebrated by eating my fries on the can with a ladyboy.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:36 AM   #38
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,325

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

We already have a Council of Chris -- pretty much all Hall of Famers.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:21 AM   #39
Kaylore
Shall we begin?
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
You should have let me sleep!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,930

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
We already have a Council of Chris -- pretty much all Hall of Famers.
This.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:57 AM   #40
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 21,982

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
I am still pissed I did not get Best New Poster in 2005/06.

Those were more intolerant times waaaaay back then. If the vote was held today, you would still lose but less Anti Gay slant. Distant 2nd to whoever beats you. I tallied the vote and seems the hate was streaming. Seems most had nothing to do with you liking dudes. Most can't spell your name backwards and voted against you on those basis. BTW, some straight guys want to date you on some of those votes. They are like PMs. I can't post them.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:00 AM   #41
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 24,671
Default

I'm still waiting for the naked cheerleaders
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:43 AM   #42
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
! Dude we have it but only shows up on those that were selected. We also get notices when guys that are HOF show up unannounced. You ever notice when someone that is an old timer comes and posts and then is swarmed? We get text messages. Old Dude gets a pager message but that is because he doesn't use newer technology. I have probably said too much but Mock once told some of the premium level goodies we get and got repriminded for it. So I am probably not saying anything that many don't know. If I am wrong, I am sure I will receive a warning or banning from any of the HOF MODS or posters.

BTW, Apa, that is a funny signature you put on today. Too bad most don't see it.
HAHA kinda like a secret society!
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:49 AM   #43
broncofever
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
HAHA kinda like a secret society!
Yes. The OM HOF is the skull and crossbones of the Broncos Internet universe.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:58 AM   #44
Bronco Yoda
.
 
Bronco Yoda's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 8,763
Default

Sounds to me like one big circle jerk with some begging to be the pivot man.

That being said i'd go for a special honor for those that have passed on like Mock & Jersey Pony.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:25 PM   #45
ak1971
uhhhh
 
ak1971's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,759
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
Kahn!!!!!!
Kaylore is a vag
ak1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:42 PM   #46
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 21,982

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak1971 View Post
Kaylore is a vag
Someone is mad because we went with normal size strippers instead of midget ones at our last meeting on Opening Day. When it is your turn to host instead of having it at the hotel ballroom, you can have whatever 3 foot chicks you can afford. First time you mentioned it, we came up with only $40 and wanted a half price discount since they were half size.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:52 PM   #47
Mile High Mojoe
The Original Maniac
 
Mile High Mojoe's Avatar
 
Load the Wagon

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Astoria, OR
Posts: 1,675

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Orangemane HOF

One needs to be started 75% vote!

I nominate SoCal, Baja and Watermock. **** you b****es that don't think I am worthy of starting this.
Big ego’s still reign supreme on the OM. I’d be happy to be in Hall of Shame instead. Where’s TGN? He’ll vote for me.

Mock, TJ and Kaylore made this site what is today. Mock was pure genius, he had a lot of haters but he was one of the funniest guys in here. I miss him.
Mile High Mojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:59 PM   #48
Mile High Mojoe
The Original Maniac
 
Mile High Mojoe's Avatar
 
Load the Wagon

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Astoria, OR
Posts: 1,675

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar
Default

I love TGN, he continues to stalk me and call me names every time I make a post with the rep feature. The dark side of the force is still strong with him, so much hate. I'm done hating, it isn't worth it.
Mile High Mojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:26 PM   #49
Broncos dude
Solid Starter
 
Broncos dude's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 230
Default

Meck77 , Sassy, Kaylore and Taco john would be the first on my list for the HOF orangemane
Broncos dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:41 PM   #50
Old Dude
Super Moderator
 
Old Dude's Avatar
 
Consultant

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: DIA Tunnels
Posts: 14,789
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
Heck I would help him run it if he wanted to. I think its a good way to help recognize our boards community.

It was cool the way Old Dude did it and there could be other ways to add to it.
The problem is that it took a tremendous amount of work. Ten times what I put into the Survivor game. You guys have no idea how hard it was to track down old threads or comments that people wanted to nominate and that was back when the number of "regulars" on the site was a lot less.

I thought I might be able to devote more time to this kind of stuff after I retired, but then I un-retired and I'm now back to working 50-60 hours a week.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:40 PM.


Denver Broncos