The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2012, 09:54 AM   #151
primetime714

I definitely want the #1 seed. Who cares if NE gets the #2 seed as a result. I'd much rather delay the matchup with NE until the AFC Championship game and guarantee two playoff home games.

A home game against Cincy or Baltimore would be ideal as these are two teams the Broncos handled with ease on the road in the regular season. What better way to start the playoffs with a bye and then a team we know we can beat?

The alternative of course is that Houston is the #1 seed, we're #2 and we likely get New England for our first game (no team has a really good shot of beating them in the first round) and then a potential road game against Houston. Playing two teams that have beaten the Broncos is not what I would call ideal. Sure it was early in the season when the Broncos weren't playing as well and the NE game was on the road, but I'd much rather have these two teams play in the second round to see who has to come to Mile High for the AFC Championship game. And this is a no brainer if you ask me.

History of #1 seeds is irrelevant. Teams that enter the playoffs hot usually do well. The Broncos barring a very unexpected letdown will do just that.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:17 AM   #152
BroncoFox
Unofficial Cheer******

If I have fleas.. they are happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
Most of you are ignoring Baja's point. If we get the #1 spot, that's both good and bad. We all want Denver to play, at home. I don't see NE losing to Miami, and that would open up the #2 spot for NE. Making NE play an extra game is good, isn't it?
The best thing is for Denver to play at home. Why is an extra game so detrimental to NE or any team? Hoping for the odd injury? They may play great in the wildcard round, and come into Denver full of confidence. Then I guess it sort of backfires, doesn't it. They are professional athletes. They are not going to get "wore out" having to play 1 more game. And if a team beats NE, then THEY will come into Denver full of confidence.

There is a reason teams want to play at home. It's a huge advantage. Denver has a bigger advantage due to the altitude. I've never heard of an NFL team where a single player preferred to not win the #1 seed.
BroncoFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:39 AM   #153
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoFox View Post
The Why is an extra game so detrimental to NE or any team? Hoping for the odd injury?
Gronk and Hernandez in particular have been really injury prone lately and haven't been able to string together very many healthy games in a row, so every extra game might hurt them actually. They also are nursing injuries at several other key areas and really want that bye week to heal up.

They need the rest more than any other team IMO.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:17 PM   #154
Powderaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
The #1 team is quite capable of losing in the division round.
Really
Old 12-26-2012, 12:29 PM   #155
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Gronk and Hernandez in particular have been really injury prone lately and haven't been able to string together very many healthy games in a row, so every extra game might hurt them actually. They also are nursing injuries at several other key areas and really want that bye week to heal up.

You should save your metaphorical breath for some reason people posting on this thread do not grasp that;

1. NE is hurting and desperately needs a bye week to heal up.

2, NE as the 3rd seed would play Cinci, a very physical team which is the last thing they need a very physical game 7 days before they come to a well rested Denver team with an extra week to prepare for them and play at 5280 feet

3 Even if Denver ends up going to Houston for the AFCC game it would be better for a Manning offense to play in a dome than in horrible weather they might encounter in Denver.

4. Houston with the way the are playing of late could easily lose their first game which passes HFA to Denver anyway.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:48 PM   #156
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

i want the number - minus 99999 seed yeah thats how the broncos roll buddy
DAN_BRONCO_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:51 PM   #157
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Two home game wins away from a 7th SB appearance and potential 3rd NFL title....
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:56 PM   #158
Bacchus

Hey **** you baja!!!!!!! Stupid thread!!!!!!

Old 12-30-2012, 07:56 PM   #159
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Even though NE scored a bye because of the loss by Houston I am very happy with the #1 seed over all. It would have been nice to catch NE after a tough game with Cinnci but not to be, hard to be disappointed with the #1 seed.

Keep it up errand you are really impressing everyone with your super fandom. Has Peyton called you yet to thank you for you superbness?
Old 12-30-2012, 07:58 PM   #160
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Even though NE scored a bye because of the loss by Houston I am very happy with the #1 seed over all. It would have been nice to catch NE after a tough game with Cinnci but not to be, hard to be disappointed with the #1 seed.

Keep it up errand you are really impressing everyone with your super fandom. Has Peyton called you yet to thank you for you superbness?
Hopefully, the Texans will go up there and give them a tough game. Anyway, Denver will beat the Pats.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:58 PM   #161
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

Here's why the #1 seed is great: there are 3 good AFC teams - Denver, NE, and Houston. Denver will only have to play one of these - #2 has to play two. we will have NE or Houston - not both. And, obviously, we will play them at home.
mwill07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:05 PM   #162
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
Here's why the #1 seed is great: there are 3 good AFC teams - Denver, NE, and Houston. Denver will only have to play one of these - #2 has to play two. we will have NE or Houston - not both. And, obviously, we will play them at home.
I think the 3 good AFC teams the #1 and #2 seed plus Cincinatti. I think both AFC road teams win next week. Houston is a pretty bad team right now.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:05 PM   #163
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:

You cant make this thread within the last few days and then say you are now happy.

Errand will be in here soon to tell you how wrong you really are on this.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:06 PM   #164
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
Obviously that is a good point but heck I would be more concerned about Cinnci than Houston at this point.

I think Cinnci has a decent shot at beating NE.

Anyway it's a great feeling to be where we are.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:09 PM   #165
rmsanger
Elway > PFM

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

This thread tries to divide by zero...
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:11 PM   #166
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
You cant make this thread within the last few days and then say you are now happy.

Errand will be in here soon to tell you how wrong you really are on this.
I know! He really has me on the ropes. I'm thinking I will need to look around for another message board. He's killin me with his relentlessness. What a fan he is. He should be in the ring of flame.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:15 PM   #167
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:

No, but he did call to say he thinks you're a douche too.....

Oh, just like the team was classless and **** the Broncos when they were signing Manning and trading Tebow, now you're all Broncos Rule!

Now you're happy we have the number one seed despite spending numerous posts in here trying to convince us why having the number one seed was a bad idea....

ever occur to you if you don't like anyone calling you out, then you shouldn't say some of the stupidest things known to man?

And I don't think I'm better than all other fans...but I'm damn sure a better fan than you are, clown.....

Last edited by errand; 12-30-2012 at 08:17 PM..
Old 12-30-2012, 08:16 PM   #168
BroncoFox
Unofficial Cheer******

Quote:

WHO CARES? Omg...

You people are saying it's better to play an AWAY GAME just so that a team that ISN'T Denver has to play one more game. Look.. if NE is just that super scary awesome, it really doesn't matter where we play, does it. If it is to the point that you WANT Denver to NOT play at home, just so they have to play another game.

I'd much, MUCH rather have NE in Denver, with a rabid fan base, THIN AIR, and our team, which is by far, the BEST fourth quarter team in the league. If it comes down to it, I'd rather be facing them in Denver.

I am still blown away that some of you would rather have to play TWO good teams, and one AWAY, just so that NE has to play one more game! omg...

I am thrilled we get both games at home. I think some of you have given up on home field advantage. On Mile High magic. One our thin our. On the hype and thrill of having two home games.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:18 PM   #169
BroncoFox
Unofficial Cheer******

And then you go on to say that you think Cinci has a GOOD CHANCE to beat NE.. and we've already beat them! So Cinci has a good chance to win IN NE.. but Denver doesn't have a better chance of beating them IN Denver?

The mind boggles.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:21 PM   #170
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
WHO CARES? Omg...

You people are saying it's better to play an AWAY GAME just so that a team that ISN'T Denver has to play one more game. Look.. if NE is just that super scary awesome, it really doesn't matter where we play, does it. If it is to the point that you WANT Denver to NOT play at home, just so they have to play another game.

I'd much, MUCH rather have NE in Denver, with a rabid fan base, THIN AIR, and our team, which is by far, the BEST fourth quarter team in the league. If it comes down to it, I'd rather be facing them in Denver.

I am still blown away that some of you would rather have to play TWO good teams, and one AWAY, just so that NE has to play one more game! omg...

I am thrilled we get both games at home. I think some of you have given up on home field advantage. On Mile High magic. One our thin our. On the hype and thrill of having two home games.
You should date errand.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:21 PM   #171
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I know! He really has me on the ropes. I'm thinking I will need to look around for another message board. He's killin me with his relentlessness. What a fan he is. He should be in the ring of flame.
Keep in mind, you said what you said.....why you're shocked someone calls you out on it is beyond me. What's truly sad is you have no shame about saying those things about this team....but keep thinking you're just as big a fan as anyone else now that the Broncos have broke it off in your ass.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:22 PM   #172
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
And then you go on to say that you think Cinci has a GOOD CHANCE to beat NE.. and we've already beat them! So Cinci has a good chance to win IN NE.. but Denver doesn't have a better chance of beating them IN Denver?

The mind boggles.
It really doesn't seem like you have a mind to boggle.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:23 PM   #173
Butterscotch Stallion

Errand and baja fighting... Reminds me of the douche vs. turd episode of South Park.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:24 PM   #174
BroncoFox
Unofficial Cheer******

Quote:
It really doesn't seem like you have a mind to boggle.
Why.. because I don't want to bow down to the logic that it would be smarter to LOSE a game to be the second seed, because it would somehow magically benefit us, even though you think Cinci can beat NE at NE?
Old 12-30-2012, 08:25 PM   #175
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Quote:

The mind boggles.
What are you guys talking about? Cincy plays Houston. If they win they come to Denver. They won't play NE
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote