The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2012, 08:52 PM   #51
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncojef View Post
I still can't see how Del Rio isn't gone. I think a lot of
You are kidding yourselves.
agree
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:05 PM   #52
extralife
Ring of Famer

If JDR goes we should just give up and name Champ defensive coordinator.

I'm about 60% serious
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:05 PM   #53
huh??
Back in the 5280!

...pretty good at lurking.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
if he goes to KC or SD he is dead to me.
Truuuuu dat!!
huh?? is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:17 PM   #54
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

If they both leave then we'll replace them. Just as JDR was a HC that was fired and now doing well as a coordinator, we can do the same again. some of the HC's going to be fired are in that same category. I mean, there is a reason why they become a HC in the 1st place. Usually they were a coordinator somewhere and did very well.

And while alot of praise should go to the coordinators in Denver, don't forget the players on the field are still what's most important. I think earlier this year Von Miller was asked what was different with JDR as the coordinator compared to last year and he said not that much, he just made us believe how special we could be. Don't know if that's an exact quote but I know it's pretty darn close.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:34 PM   #55
uplink
Ring of Famer

The more the broncos coaches get promotions with other teams the better it is for the broncos. The good reputation of the team means good coaches will want to come to Denver and work hard to get a promotion.
uplink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:47 PM   #56
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
If they both leave then we'll replace them. Just as JDR was a HC that was fired and now doing well as a coordinator, we can do the same again. some of the HC's going to be fired are in that same category. I mean, there is a reason why they become a HC in the 1st place. Usually they were a coordinator somewhere and did very well.

And while alot of praise should go to the coordinators in Denver, don't forget the players on the field are still what's most important. I think earlier this year Von Miller was asked what was different with JDR as the coordinator compared to last year and he said not that much, he just made us believe how special we could be. Don't know if that's an exact quote but I know it's pretty darn close.
Exactly! We got what every franchise wants a great football mind at the top. Elway found these coaches and he will find their replacements if they leave.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:52 PM   #57
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
"Why you mad at Fox bro?"
Not sure, but I think it had something to do with some "classless" thing Baja claims Fox and Elway pulled during the offseason.....
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:05 PM   #58
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
If JDR goes we should just give up and name Champ defensive coordinator.

I'm about 60% serious
Watch him retire the following year.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:08 AM   #59
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Not sure, but I think it had something to do with some "classless" thing Baja claims Fox and Elway pulled during the offseason.....
TT huh..?
Old 12-30-2012, 04:26 AM   #60
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Watch SD hire Jack Del Rio. The rest of the division will do anything possible to try and get in on whatever is working so well in Denver. Still the truth is that great players make coaches look good. if we truly have great players now we can hire another good defensive coach and keep on chugging. Rex Ryan anyone? j/k but you never know.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:36 AM   #61
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Also though those coaches should be watching film in the bye weeks like you know Bill Belli**** is doing. If I was an owner when i hired coaches i would tell them before hand no interviewing until after Broncos season is over. Then maybe pay them a tad more for the trouble.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:55 AM   #62
Punisher
Punisher Vs Judge Dredd

Who ya Got?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

I just don't want JDR to go, McCoy can leave if he wants.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:23 AM   #63
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief

I don't necessarily think it's a fait accompli that JDR is gone.

Ironically, I think I would be more worried if he already wasn't a head coach. This is only his first year coming off 8 years of overall mediocrity in JAX at best. What rebuilding team would want that? His prowess with defensive personnel is nothing new. If he was a younger, up and coming guy looking for a chance, I'd be more worried.

I'm sure someday he will get another chance, but I just don't believe that time is now.
winstoncup bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:53 AM   #64
Mile High 81
Solid Starter

McCoy will get his shot. del rio could leave but i think he wants to pick a good team(no team where he has to rebuild the whole organisation). so if there is not the right offer out there we still could have a chance to keep him.
Mile High 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:13 AM   #65
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

The problem with being in "win now" mode is that we don't have the luxury of developing a younger defensive coordinator. So I think that we are always going to have this problem. Although it would be nice to find an up-and-coming talent and have him stick around into Brock's years. I don't know if that is realistic, though.
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:25 AM   #66
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief

Browns looking for fresh start

Cleveland is expected to make a major run at a college coach such as Oregons Chip Kelly or Penn States Bill O'Brien or search for a bright young offensive NFL mind.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/87...ch-sources-say
winstoncup bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:37 AM   #67
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

If McCoy leaves (and this is probably a lock that he will leave) then I'd love for the Broncos to pick up Norv Turner and not Tom Moore. As for JDR leaving, I think he's gone if its to a solid franchise that isn't in a total rebuild. So it has to be to a team that has a good QB in place and this is why Sandy Eggo will attract many coaches. Say what you want about SD but Rivers is a franchise QB and that will make all the difference in the world to the next coach, bank on it.
Tombstone RJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:39 AM   #68
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

JDR isn't going anywhere in 2013. He's biding his time until Kiffin gets fired at USC.

That's his next gig.....book it.
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:40 AM   #69
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
If McCoy leaves (and this is probably a lock that he will leave) then I'd love for the Broncos to pick up Norv Turner and not Tom Moore. As for JDR leaving, I think he's gone if its to a solid franchise that isn't in a total rebuild. So it has to be to a team that has a good QB in place and this is why Sandy Eggo will attract many coaches. Say what you want about SD but Rivers is a franchise QB and that will make all the difference in the world to the next coach, bank on it.
Normally teams that hire a JDR is a team that had a offensive minded coach this year

SD and who else had a offensive minded coach?

I agree on Norval. He's the offensive equal of Wade Phillips. Damn good OC
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:44 AM   #70
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAT View Post
JDR isn't going anywhere in 2013. He's biding his time until Kiffin gets fired at USC.

That's his next gig.....book it.
this makes a lot of sense. I'd much rather be the HC of a major college program than an NFL team. Same pay, way less stress. I hope you are correct and JDR sticks around until Kiffin gets the boot.

wait, didn't USC just fire their HC?
Old 12-30-2012, 07:50 AM   #71
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Maybe we should let Fox go and hire McCoy as the Broncos head coach.
Gross. McCoy is overrated.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:06 AM   #72
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
Gross. McCoy is overrated.
Fox is a very likable guy and was a perfect selection by Elway after the chaos left behind by McD's abrupt departure. The soothing player's coach Fox has righted the ship and the locker room made whole. When a conversation comes up about brilliant innovative HCs I doubt Fox's name will be mentioned.

It might be time to consider what kind of head coach Denver needs going forward. I am not saying Fox should be fired but I would want Elway to at least weigh the merits of moving McCoy to the top spot. I doubt this scenario would happen but when it comes to making the Broncos better everything must be considered and I'll bet you Elway has at least thought about this.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:13 AM   #73
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Fox is a very likable guy and was a perfect selection by Elway after the chaos left behind by McD's abrupt departure. The soothing player's coach Fox has righted the ship and the locker room made whole. When a conversation comes up about brilliant innovative HCs I doubt Fox's name will be mentioned.

It might be time to consider what kind of head coach Denver needs going forward. I am not saying Fox should be fired but I would want Elway to at least weigh the merits of moving McCoy to the top spot. I doubt this scenario would happen but when it comes to making the Broncos better everything must be considered and I'll bet you Elway has at least thought about this.
I see your point, but who of these "Brilliant innovative HCs" is storming the top ranks of the NFL right now?
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:17 AM   #74
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
I see your point, but who of these "Brilliant innovative HCs" is storming the top ranks of the NFL right now?
Many think McCoy is one.

The point of my first post that you quoted was is it time to consider offering McCoy the top spot as a way to not lose him.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:21 AM   #75
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:

Fox isn't going anywhere any time soon. Maybe after Manning retires Fox may go but that is a few years away. I love it how many posters here poo-poo the Fox hire when he's proven to be one of the better HCs over the last 10-15 years. He got to the SB with Jake Delhomme as his QB and only lost by a field goal to a team that video taped the Panther's walk thru before the game.

I've supported the Fox hire from day 1, and he's not dissappointed me. I think Elway also know's Fox's value to this franchise and he will not look to replace Fox until the Broncos either have a few bad seasons in a row or Fox retires.