The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Do you consider the current Broncos an elite team?
Yes, we have all the ingredients from top to bottom 52 39.10%
No, shouldn't even be a question at this point. 5 3.76%
We're close let's see what we do in the playoffs that is the measure of elite 66 49.62%
It takes more than one season of playing at a high level before you can be considered elite. 10 7.52%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-29-2012, 11:55 AM   #101
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
No way you can say that. Our record is 2-3 against teams that will make the playoffs. The Bengals and the Ravens who have fallen off a cliff in the last month because of injuries.

This team has not done anything yet that is worthy of being called elite. They've handled the weak teams on their schedule; that is all.
I see people making this kind of argument fairly often, and I think it's kind of funny. Do you honestly think the team right now is the same team that started the season 2-3? That's what you seem to be arguing, and it honestly cracks me up.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:55 AM   #102
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Wow what a bunch of old ladies pissing and moaning about a mythical thing.
Once again a post by a guy that shows his age. It is a discussion. If you don't want to participate in it then skip the thread instead of jumping up your post count.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:59 AM   #103
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
I see people making this kind of argument fairly often, and I think it's kind of funny. Do you honestly think the team right now is the same team that started the season 2-3? That's what you seem to be arguing, and it honestly cracks me up.
Because we see them as really good or even great. That describes probably 8-10 teams. Elite is the choosen few. Yes, we are on fire right now but losing to those 3 teams put us on the wait and see perspective. In a few weeks, that can all change.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:02 PM   #104
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
You have to win something to be elite. Maybe even a couple of times.

I think we have the potential to be elite. But right now we're just a great team - not an elite one.
Agree
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:04 PM   #105
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
You apparently don't comprehend what elite is. Either way there are 32 teams in the NFL,anything the patriots ,packers,texans accomplished doesn't mean a thing if they lose in the first round.
Correct. There is, at the most, one elite team in the league per year.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:14 PM   #106
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
What I find funny is people calling us elite because we've beaten 10 pretty bad teams and two mediocre ones.

I don't imagine this is the same team that started the season. I also don't imagine that are vast improvement doesn't have something to do with the level of our competition. Our strength of schedule to date is 22nd in the league. Easier than every playoff team except Cincinnati.

This team could be elite, but they haven't done anything yet that warrants that title.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:04 PM   #107
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
I think everybody feels we are better since we played NE Hou Atl. Are we good enough to actually beat these teams in playoffs has to be determined.
NE and Houston have the ability to expose our weaknesses that don't show up playing KC Oak Clev Car type teams is the point.

Going into playoffs I see us 3rd in AFC. Does that mean we can't hit SB no but, we lost to those guys we have stuff to prove. Even if we get knocked out of playoffs we made huge strides this year and exceeded our goals in many ways something to build on next year.

Last edited by NFLBRONCO; 12-29-2012 at 01:11 PM..
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:22 PM   #108
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

NE vs Den now mirrors Peyton's Indy team vs Den years ago. We have to play perfect to win.

Note: I know our overall team is better now but, if results don't change does that matter.

Last edited by NFLBRONCO; 12-29-2012 at 01:25 PM..
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:26 PM   #109
bombay
Ring of Famer

I'll be damned. I would have sworn before the season started that everyone was proclaiming our schedule to be something like the 2nd toughest in the league.
bombay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:27 PM   #110
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
NE vs Den now mirrors Peyton's Indy team vs Den years ago. We have to play perfect to win.

Note: I know our overall team is better now but, if results don't change does that matter.
Not by a long shot,Indy never had a defense as good as we have.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:16 PM   #111
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post

I think it's just the opposite circa 2001-2004 when Brady rode a defense and beat up on poor Peyton and hopefully now its reversed with Peyton riding our defense against poor old Uggs
CEH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:42 PM   #112
OrangeSe7en

It's nice to amass a lot of wins in the regular season but the real test is the playoffs. That's when you have to go through the meatgrinder of playing all the best teams. A lot of bad teams can't expose flaws the way the teams in the playoffs more typically can. On top of that, teams raise their level of play in the playoffs. It's more intense. Sometimes going 10-6 can better prepare you for the crucible of the playoffs.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:44 PM   #113
OrangeSe7en

Quote:
What I find funny is people calling us elite because we've beaten 10 pretty bad teams and two mediocre ones.

I don't imagine this is the same team that started the season. I also don't imagine that are vast improvement doesn't have something to do with the level of our competition. Our strength of schedule to date is 22nd in the league. Easier than every playoff team except Cincinnati.

This team could be elite, but they haven't done anything yet that warrants that title.
Fair enough but, on the other hand, Denver might have had a chance at an even better record if they had played the better teams later in the season.
Old 12-29-2012, 04:29 PM   #114
thinkin101
Hicup, beer is good!

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
I said more than one season but in reality, Elite makes it to the Super Bowl. You cant have 5 Elite teams in the NFL. Our 96 team can be considered Elite based on it being tied to the two SUper Bowl teams.
Hey there broncocalijohn. Have you ever noticed the picture of your dog looks like a tan furry penis. Lmao. Just sayin.
thinkin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:43 PM   #115
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissys

Checking the poll votes almost 90% of the votes believe the current Broncos are either elite or very close to elite.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:56 PM   #116
Bacchus

Quote:
No way you can say that. Our record is 2-3 against teams that will make the playoffs. The Bengals and the Ravens who have fallen off a cliff in the last month because of injuries.

This team has not done anything yet that is worthy of being called elite. They've handled the weak teams on their schedule; that is all.
WTF difference does that make? NE lost to the Cardinals at home. Atlanta lost to the Saints and SF lost to the Rams.

So who is elite by your definition?
Old 12-29-2012, 07:53 PM   #117
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Cincy is 6-1 since we beat them. Really fallen off the cliff. How hard is this

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Cincinnati+Bengals
CEH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:26 PM   #118
OrangeSe7en

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
Cincy is 6-1 since we beat them. Really fallen off the cliff. How hard is this

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Cincinnati+Bengals
And we caught them off of their bye week.