The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2012, 11:10 PM   #101
Bacchus

The bottom line is when this game is over and whether Denver wins by 2 or 42 the teams attention will switch to wild card weekend and who Denver will play in the divisional week.

As far as sending a message, that is the most retarded crap I have ever heard. Does anyone think The Patriots are going to be intimidated by the Broncos if they beat KC by 28 points?
Old 12-28-2012, 11:23 PM   #102
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

Send a message, make chiefs planet justify being the worst team in the league even more.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:27 PM   #103
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Nope time to send KC home in tatters and utter humiliation. The message to them will be its going to be a long time before you can beat the Broncos again.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 03:47 AM   #104
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I don't know how anyone can think anything else but this.

Well there you go....here's your sign....read it.

If you barely squeak by the team looking to the get the
#1 pick in the draft it will definitely put blood in the water.

Just shut up if you can't grasp the obvious............
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:19 AM   #105
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post

Yeah New England is done because they didn't cover the spread and squeaked by Jacksonville.
Old 12-29-2012, 05:46 AM   #106
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Yeah New England is done because they didn't cover the spread and squeaked by Jacksonville.
Yeah,but NE isn't as scary a team as a result. The jags showed that they can be beat & that the patriots defense can be had.
The last thing Denver needs is to be exposed as a team that can be had.
Ultimately As long as we win convincingly I could care less about a blow out.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:09 AM   #107
spiralism

I hope we win something like 21-10 and get a pissed off Manning all bye week working the **** out of them.
Old 12-29-2012, 06:29 AM   #108
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief

Quote:

I don't have a hard time agreeing with this.

It's already been pointed out in this thread how JAX was able to move the ball against NE, giving a renewed sense of confidence that NE can be beat.

HOU has already proven a well rounded team can handle them, making them a weak #1 seed IMO.

So if fans like us can sense this, the players must surely do. Again, going back to NE/JAX, alot of people like pointing out we should be OK since JAX was able to move the ball at will. Do we really want to give that sense of confidence to other teams? Just imagine if NE struggles this week against MIA. Everyone will be talking about how they will be easy pickings in the playoffs.

Belichick runs up the score to demoralize opponents, and to send a message to the rest of the league, in essence saying 'this is going to be you'. I'm not saying we should have Manning in there with 4 minutes left in a 45-3 game, but I wouldn't mind seeing a performance that tells the league they're in for a world of hurt playing us either.
winstoncup bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:37 AM   #109
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstoncup bronco View Post
I don't have a hard time agreeing with this.

It's already been pointed out in this thread how JAX was able to move the ball against NE, giving a renewed sense of confidence that NE can be beat.

HOU has already proven a well rounded team can handle them, making them a weak #1 seed IMO.

So if fans like us can sense this, the players must surely do. Again, going back to NE/JAX, alot of people like pointing out we should be OK since JAX was able to move the ball at will. Do we really want to give that sense of confidence to other teams? Just imagine if NE struggles this week against MIA. Everyone will be talking about how they will be easy pickings in the playoffs.

Belichick runs up the score to demoralize opponents, and to send a message to the rest of the league, in essence saying 'this is going to be you'. I'm not saying we should have Manning in there with 4 minutes left in a 45-3 game, but I wouldn't mind seeing a performance that tells the league they're in for a world of hurt playing us either.
It's the playoffs all that stuff goes out the window. Win you keep playing lose and you go home, it's that cut and dried.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:44 AM   #110
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
It's the playoffs all that stuff goes out the window. Win you keep playing lose and you go home, it's that cut and dried.
Not really. This is the time of year when teams size each other up.

Because JAX put up over 400 yards of offense last week, it makes NE look vulnerable. I don't want to look vulnerable against a 2-13 team, at home, before hitting the postseason, giving other teams any reason to think they can beat us here. I hope we put up 40 tomorrow to show the league, the fans, and themselves that they're ready to do this.
Old 12-29-2012, 06:49 AM   #111
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstoncup bronco View Post
Not really. This is the time of year when teams size each other up.

Because JAX put up over 400 yards of offense last week, it makes NE look vulnerable. I don't want to look vulnerable against a 2-13 team, at home, before hitting the postseason, giving other teams any reason to think they can beat us here. I hope we put up 40 tomorrow to show the league, the fans, and themselves that they're ready to do this.

Oh I hope we do too but I really doubt that if we don't it will make NE play any harder or better when they play us in the playoffs. I just think it's on a whole other level. Guess we just disagree on this one.
Old 12-29-2012, 06:53 AM   #112
brncs_fan
How about some Tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Manti Teo

Quote:

You do know that New England lost to the Arizona Cardinals at HOME right?
brncs_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:46 AM   #113
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
Yeah,but NE isn't as scary a team as a result. The jags showed that they can be beat & that the patriots defense can be had.
The last thing Denver needs is to be exposed as a team that can be had.
Ultimately As long as we win convincingly I could care less about a blow out.
Any team in the NFL can be had by any NFL team. Everyteam has weaknesses. Everyone especially New England knows Denvers weakness which is covering TE and they can be run on from time to time.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:56 AM   #114
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

New England still scares the **** outta me
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:56 AM   #115
Dean
Solid Starter

Having coached high school football for over 35 years and playing the game before that has shown me that players and sometimes entire teams can be intimidated. However, we are talking about the play-offs. Teams/players who exhibit this weakness are normally those who have already eliminated themselves from post season competition. They are not the teams in the play-offs.
Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:06 AM   #116
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
Having coached high school football for over 35 years and playing the game before that has shown me that players and sometimes entire teams can be intimidated. However, we are talking about the play-offs. Teams/players who exhibit this weakness are normally those who have already eliminated themselves from post season competition. They are not the teams in the play-offs.

Good point.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:11 AM   #117
DENVERDUI55

The whole idea that weaknesses will be exposed week 17 is a joke. There are 15 games of film out there right now on all teams and every strength and weakness is known. There are no surprises left. It's all about execution and winning one on one battles and eliminating the turnovers and mental errors.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:40 AM   #118
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

1998 Broncos went 2-2 to end that season. Lost to the NYG and the Dolphins, and had close wins vs Seattle and KC. After 13 straight wins, that team looked like it was vulnerable at the wrong time.

Until Denver crushed Miami in the divisional round, stomped the NYJ in the Conference Championship and beat the Falcons like a red headed step child in the SB.

Just sayin.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:46 AM   #119
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
The bottom line is when this game is over and whether Denver wins by 2 or 42 the teams attention will switch to wild card weekend and who Denver will play in the divisional week.

As far as sending a message, that is the most retarded crap I have ever heard. Does anyone think The Patriots are going to be intimidated by the Broncos if they beat KC by 28 points?
No it doesn't matter but plenty of NE fans have been expressing their dismay at possibly having to play Denver in Denver since November and the need to keep at least that #2 seed. Too bad.

Really too bad that they switched the NE game. I would love to have seen them lose, and then Denver lose to KC to take care of the law of averages thing......and help KC lose the #1 pick. But whatever happens, the playoffs will be fun!
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:49 AM   #120
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
1998 Broncos went 2-2 to end that season. Lost to the NYG and the Dolphins, and had close wins vs Seattle and KC. After 13 straight wins, that team looked like it was vulnerable at the wrong time.

Until Denver crushed Miami in the divisional round, stomped the NYJ in the Conference Championship and beat the Falcons like a red headed step child in the SB.

Just sayin.

Different circumstances.

That team was the defending Super Bowl champions, and had long ago established themselves as the best team in the NFL. Losing after going 13-0 took the wind out of their sails a bit, but the other games were moot. They were the best team in football, and the 2nd best team would have to play their best game of the year to beat Denver.

This year's team hasn't proven anything yet. Say whatever you want, but the fact is, they lost to the top 3 teams they faced this year, so it is hardly the same as 1998.

Much in the way as Houston, this team still has a lot to prove. They haven't accomplished anything yet, and I'm not just talking about this year.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:50 AM   #121
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
The whole idea that weaknesses will be exposed week 17 is a joke. There are 15 games of film out there right now on all teams and every strength and weakness is known. There are no surprises left. It's all about execution and winning one on one battles and eliminating the turnovers and mental errors.
And we PLAYED all most every team in the playoffs already.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:04 AM   #122
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Yes, only a blowout beatdown is acceptable because you know, weird things never happen in rivalry games.
Quote:
KC is shiatt................

Defense is decent............thats the only thing that resembles an NFL team in the slightest.

We need to go into the playoffs on a roll by beating the ever loving shiatt out of this pitiful football team.

Osweiller should get some clean up duty this Sunday.

Would someone tell me why Mr. Conservative won't let our backup QB throw a pass in mop up time ?
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:26 AM   #123
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chalk View Post
Yes, only a blowout beatdown is acceptable because you know, weird things never happen in rivalry games.
That brings up a good point. I'm looking forward to a LOT of weird things happening (just not in the Denver game). Every single matchup, this week, is a division rivalry game. It's going to be great...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:40 AM   #124
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Plus if a QB or RB gets a hot hand what happened in the first 16 games means squat.

For that matter if the DL goes warp speed like NYG did a few years ago then that neutralizes all of that.

Play offs are all about hot teams.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:31 AM   #125
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

It will be interesting to see how NE plays tomorrow against the phins. NE lost to the Niners (really got smacked around) and barely beat one of the worst teams in the NFL. Now they have to play a division rival who has been playing pretty good football.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote