The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2012, 11:31 AM   #1
SoDak Bronco
Lace em' up and lets go!!

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers
Default How do you get Super Bowl Tickets??

How does this work?? I know you can get one off stubhub and nfl ticket exchange for crazy amounts of $$$!!! Do they give season ticket holders an option?? I'd always said the next super bowl Denver made I'd try and gO!! Thanks..not that we are going but we gOtta chance
SoDak Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2012, 11:37 AM   #2
Meck77

You got to own a low priority # or have a buddy that has one. I'm hoping my pal gets drawn! If so I'm hoping to go!

Priority # pertains to how long you've owned your season tickets. The longer your've owned them the lower the priority # and the better chances of getting drawn. That is my understanding more or less.
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:07 PM   #3
SoDak Bronco
Lace em' up and lets go!!

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

Thanks Meck, good luck
SoDak Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:20 PM   #4
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Just become a CEO of a multinational corporation. Boom instant Lost Weekend with your favorite vendor.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:26 PM   #5
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

I've been to two SB's because my mothers company got a certain amount. She had to bid for them.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:28 PM   #6
Mountain Bronco
Ring of Famer

I am looking at going as well, because New Orleans is my favorite place and the Broncos, come on, perfect storm. The prices are crazy, but historically they have dropped when the two teams are announced. I am expecting to pay $3000 for a pair of nosebleeds if it happens.
Mountain Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:33 PM   #7
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

How do you get Super Bowl tickets?

Straight cash, homey.

SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:37 PM   #8
XXXII&III
Pro Bowler

That's what I did for XXXII and XXXIII.... paid cash to dudes outside the stadium early game day. It was just like what I imagine a drug deal going down is.
XXXII&III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:15 PM   #9
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Hummer. Goodell. That is all.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:17 PM   #10
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://soundcloud.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
You got to own a low priority # or have a buddy that has one. I'm hoping my pal gets drawn! If so I'm hoping to go!

Priority # pertains to how long you've owned your season tickets. The longer your've owned them the lower the priority # and the better chances of getting drawn. That is my understanding more or less.
So wait, my season tickets actually belong to my Aunt since the inaugural year... does that mean I get to go lol?
Mogulseeker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:22 PM   #11
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightysmurf View Post
So wait, my season tickets actually belong to my Aunt since the inaugural year... does that mean I get to go lol?
No....you'll come close to going to the Super Bowl, but something will happen at the last second to prevent it from happening.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:40 PM   #12
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoDak Bronco View Post
How does this work?? I know you can get one off stubhub and nfl ticket exchange for crazy amounts of $$$!!! Do they give season ticket holders an option?? I'd always said the next super bowl Denver made I'd try and gO!! Thanks..not that we are going but we gOtta chance
A local sports DJ once said that anyone can go to the SB by just hanging out in front of the stadium right at kick off. The scalpers have no choice but to drop their prices dramatically because they are now desperate.

I never tried it myself, but I would not doubt it works. I just don't know how "dramatic" the actual price drop is.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:56 PM   #13
troyjbath
Probably Drunk

Long time lurker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
A local sports DJ once said that anyone can go to the SB by just hanging out in front of the stadium right at kick off. The scalpers have no choice but to drop their prices dramatically because they are now desperate.

I never tried it myself, but I would not doubt it works. I just don't know how "dramatic" the actual price drop is.
That sounds like a huge gamble. I'd rather sell a kidney or two and buy the tickets on stubhub or the ticket exchange.
troyjbath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:15 PM   #14
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:

Every time a big sporting event rolls around, Darren Rovell tweets about this. He's an ESPN guy who focuses on sports business. Anyways I would look up his twitter on SB Sunday last year or for the NCAA championship next week.

As the week rolls on, the scalpers do indeed get nervous and are forced to sell tickets for what they can get.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:28 PM   #15
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

If you are going to do the scalper thing, New Orleans is the place to do it. If you never buy a ticket you can still have a pretty good time. That being said you probably need to book a room now.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:30 PM   #16
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
No....you'll come close to going to the Super Bowl, but something will happen at the last second to prevent it from happening.
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:28 PM   #17
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

Use your imagination for the rest.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:01 PM   #18
XXXII&III
Pro Bowler

Well you have to be a *little* smart about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post

As the week rolls on, the scalpers do indeed get nervous and are forced to sell tickets for what they can get.
It's like playing chicken - people waiting for cheap tickets at the last minute get nervous, lose their nerve, and pay what the scalpers want. Who blinks first.

Supply and demand can be tricky.... sometimes the scalpers sell out and there are just none to be had.... I've seen that happen.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:19 PM   #19
DENVERDUI55

Big games usually sell out and you are forced to pay through the nose. I doubt you could get a good deal at all for the SB.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:32 PM   #20
XXXII&III
Pro Bowler

I got the best deal in the world for XXXII in San Diego. Wandering around the parking lot looking for tickets about an hour before kickoff....there were none and I was getting scared... and some gal who had an extra was looking for a good soul to sell hers to - it was me - I chatted her up because of what she was wearing (had no idea she had an extra) and she decided I was the one. So I got it for face value. My hands were shaking so hard I could barely count out my money.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:39 PM   #21
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXII&III View Post
I got the best deal in the world for XXXII in San Diego. Wandering around the parking lot looking for tickets about an hour before kickoff....there were none and I was getting scared... and some gal who had an extra was looking for a good soul to sell hers to - it was me - I chatted her up because of what she was wearing (had no idea she had an extra) and she decided I was the one. So I got it for face value. My hands were shaking so hard I could barely count out my money.
What did you pay? 500 back then?
Old 12-28-2012, 08:45 PM   #22
XXXII&III
Pro Bowler

It was $275 - Jan 25, 1998.

The following year we also went to Miami without tickets. Got 'em from scalpers early in the morning game day, outside the stadium. Face was $325 and we paid $1200 apiece. Maybe it was $1300, I can't remember.

Now the cheapest face value is closing in on $1000.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:47 PM   #23
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Superbowls arent so much for us regular fans to go to anymore. I have been to two Superbowls but not the Broncos unfortunately. My dad took us twice when we were kids and it wasn't too expensive. Nowdays you spend thousands.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:54 PM   #24
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

A guy I was stationed with here in Tucson had season tickets for the Cardinals the first time the Pats and Giants played. Because he had season tickets to the Cardinals he had dibs on tickets.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:58 PM   #25
NOLA Bronco
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Shane Swanson

Quote:

I will say - this did not work in 1997 or 2002 in New Orleans. 1997 was a Favre superbowl. It worked for the Final Four this year, but not back in 2003.

Nola is a weird town for scalping. No good parking lots to roam. Lots of cops.
NOLA Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote