The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2012, 01:43 AM   #76
Bacchus

I think the Jets are going to be a good tema this year. I think Sanchez will keep Tebow on the bench as a QB anyway.
Old 06-30-2012, 01:45 AM   #77
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod-BR View Post
Yep. 41.8 QB rate. Threw 3 interceptions in 3 of his 4 starts. Completed 50% or less of his passes in 3 of his 4 starts. Threw for less than 150 yards in 3 of his 4 starts. 3x more INTs than TDs. He can't throw. Hanie was easily the worst QB starting games in the NFL last season.
Seems like we swing back and forth, figuratively speaking, between (1) Tebow's worse than QB's like Hanie, and shouldn't be in the NFL; and (2) Tebow's not Peyton Manning.

There's a smidge of room between those two. When it suits them, Tebow's detractors switch the measuring stick to Peyton Manning.
Old 06-30-2012, 07:24 AM   #78
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
heh dumbass...........what part of having an excellent red zone option are you opposed to or do you just like to smart off ?

Also there is this..............the Broncos have been absolutely horrible in the red zone for years........look up those stats smartass...........
Yes, lets take Manning out in the red zone and insert Tim Tebow....

maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 07:41 AM   #79
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
Yes, lets take Manning out in the red zone and insert Tim Tebow....

I always laugh at the ppl who want to keep Tebow . Fine keep Tebow as a football player red zone player but as a QB he will get zero physical reps during the TC and season. Not sure how they see him progressing here in Denver as a QB when he has so many things to work on
CEH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 08:03 AM   #80
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
I always laugh at the ppl who want to keep Tebow . Fine keep Tebow as a football player red zone player but as a QB he will get zero physical reps during the TC and season. Not sure how they see him progressing here in Denver as a QB when he has so many things to work on
Funny, since we were repeatedly told how much Tebow should've already progressed without TC or reps. Oh and how Brock is totally gun' get groomed and ready to compete for championships off the bench when Peyton calls it a career.
Old 06-30-2012, 07:20 PM   #81
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
Seems like we swing back and forth, figuratively speaking, between (1) Tebow's worse than QB's like Hanie, and shouldn't be in the NFL; and (2) Tebow's not Peyton Manning.

There's a smidge of room between those two. When it suits them, Tebow's detractors switch the measuring stick to Peyton Manning.

How about this:

Tebow is better than Hanie....but he's nowhere near Manning. Again, I contend it was Tebow's Bieber-esque fans that made him expendable in the front office's eyes. How else do you explain them being able to sign Manning but not keep a good guy like Tebow?

The only logical answer is they got tired of the circus clown act that followed him....
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 07:36 PM   #82
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Funny, since we were repeatedly told how much Tebow should've already progressed without TC or reps. Oh and how Brock is totally gun' get groomed and ready to compete for championships off the bench when Peyton calls it a career.
Tebow had a training camp in '10...he had OTA's in '10...he had a shortened Training Camp in '11...and was named starter after SD game in week 5...which means he also had 12 weeks of starter reps in '11. He still struggled more often than not.

We get it, he's a great guy and easy to root for...but he's just not a very good QB, and he damn sure isn't a very good passer. Did it ever occur to you a bad throw is still a bad throw whether you're throwing the ball to you or Jerry Rice?
Old 07-01-2012, 09:24 AM   #83
paperstacks1980

still dont understand why the jets got tebow after signing sanchez to an extension... why put more pressure on a young QBs shoulders? SMH
Old 07-01-2012, 12:44 PM   #84
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperstacks1980 View Post
still dont understand why the jets got tebow after signing sanchez to an extension... why put more pressure on a young QBs shoulders? SMH
The extension is basically a two year deal. They can cut him after two years with little consequence to the cap.
Old 07-01-2012, 03:15 PM   #85
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Tebow had a training camp in '10...he had OTA's in '10...he had a shortened Training Camp in '11...and was named starter after SD game in week 5...which means he also had 12 weeks of starter reps in '11. He still struggled more often than not.

We get it, he's a great guy and easy to root for...but he's just not a very good QB, and he damn sure isn't a very good passer. Did it ever occur to you a bad throw is still a bad throw whether you're throwing the ball to you or Jerry Rice?
It's almost like you didn't read the post I was responding to. Is that surprising? Heh.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:13 AM   #86
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
I'll betcha TT gets 10-12 TDs this year............we shoulda kept him for goal line. dumbass trade
With Tebow getting zero starts this year and ZERO TDs this seems like a good time to bump this
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:46 AM   #87
DarkHorse30
Smith Rules

Adopt-a-Bronco:
wolf pot roast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
With Tebow getting zero starts this year and ZERO TDs this seems like a good time to bump this
My question is why the all-knowing, all-seeing, all-powerful Rex Ryan forgot to use Tebow on goal line - his best skill set
DarkHorse30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:59 AM   #88
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armchair Bronco View Post
If you ask me, I think it's a fairly bold prediction. After all, the Front Office is still saying that they brought in Tebow "to be a football player". I wonder what the speculation is like on Jets forums?

Anyway, I predict that Elway will be VERY sorry he traded Tebow.
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:05 PM   #89
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFullTebow View Post
I have and anyone with half a brain should do it too. He's the greatest football player of our generation, a franchise face QB for many years to come and you just don't trade that for a patched up fossil with three years left in the tank. Elway will be sorry, you all will be sorry Go Jets!
Old 12-28-2012, 12:11 PM   #90
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

isnt it time we drop the ha ha we was right about Tebow and just wish him luck wherever he goes and be happy Manning got us to 12-3 soon to be 13-3 along with the defense .
in other words lets get back to the present and let tebow and the scrub jests wallow in the NFL muck along with the chefs . i used to think oh lets give Tebow another year with the broncos but well Manning proved to me on day 1 we should back him
DAN_BRONCO_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:27 PM   #91
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Pretty funny how these bozos disappeared. At "go jets". What a bunch of ****ing clueless football fans.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:37 PM   #92
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Pretty funny how these bozos disappeared. At "go jets". What a bunch of ****ing clueless football fans.
they wasnt bronco fans and if i just may say **** em i also was a tebow fan but im a bronco fan first also a shanahan fan Kubiak fan Elway fan,
and those fans who abandon the broncos are garbage fans who needs them im shure soon as the broncos win a superbowl they be coming right back. or maybe they all changed thier names
Old 12-28-2012, 01:03 PM   #93
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN_BRONCO_FAN View Post
they wasnt bronco fans and if i just may say **** em i also was a tebow fan but im a bronco fan first also a shanahan fan Kubiak fan Elway fan,
and those fans who abandon the broncos are garbage fans who needs them im shure soon as the broncos win a superbowl they be coming right back. or maybe they all changed thier names
The most annoying posts were the ones that claimed as fact that Elway was afraid of Tebow breaking his records and intentionally went out of his way to ensure that Tebow wasn't given a chance. So absurd... and yet it was posted on a Broncos forum. SMH.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:12 PM   #94
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
The most annoying posts were the ones that claimed as fact that Elway was afraid of Tebow breaking his records and intentionally went out of his way to ensure that Tebow wasn't given a chance. So absurd... and yet it was posted on a Broncos forum. SMH.
The GM, Head Coach and coordinators were all jealous of Tebow and would rather lose (because that would make them look better?) than play Tebow. Funny thread.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:18 PM   #95
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
The GM, Head Coach and coordinators were all jealous of Tebow and would rather lose (because that would make them look better?) than play Tebow. Funny thread.
And now the list of people who are jealous of Tebow and would rather lose... supposedly includes Rex Ryan and the Jest FO. Next year, it will be same story different verse about the Jags.

Elway did and does deserve better from Broncos fans though. And it's clear from the perspective of hindsight that his instincts were right on the money; the Manning acquisition was a masterful decision and he went about it with confidence and strength in the face of harsh criticism.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:04 PM   #96
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

fact Tebow is a super nice guy he wants to win games he tries his best but the guy isnt a great QB he needs to really try and improve his QB skills .does he not see the cold hard truth he isnt quite a NFL caliber QB yet.
also wtf is with is fans i was a tebow fan but it was only because he was a Denver Bronco im a fan of any QB, player thats a Bronco , but his fans are just a hair above beiber tard fans. ie muck gruder why are they such tards ?
Old 12-28-2012, 02:09 PM   #97
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
And now the list of people who are jealous of Tebow and would rather lose... supposedly includes Rex Ryan and the Jest FO. Next year, it will be same story different verse about the Jags.

Elway did and does deserve better from Broncos fans though. And it's clear from the perspective of hindsight that his instincts were right on the money; the Manning acquisition was a masterful decision and he went about it with confidence and strength in the face of harsh criticism.
I think Rex may have been onboard with Tebow at one time. Then they saw him in practice and saw he's the worst practice QB in the entire NFL. I also think he's keeping Tebow on the bench out of fear. Fear for losing the locker room since they see him every day, and probably a little fear that if Tebow does well, the NY press and everyone will ask why he didn't play Tebow more.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:12 PM   #98
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

Quote:
damn bet elway is pissed now manning broke some of his records already. im shure before manning breaks any more of his records elway will snap manning neck and frame Tebow. also elway fears tebow so he used his evil powers and made the jets bench tebow.
Old 12-28-2012, 02:15 PM   #99
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

jets should play tebow how bad can the jets be they suck . put tebow out there and let him try to play QB . oh Tebow fans like muckgruder are tin foil hat loons , im shure they will create another excuse, ill say it again good riddance to bad rubbish ie fake bronco fans
Old 12-28-2012, 02:34 PM   #100
Armchair Bronco

Hey, someone resurrected my old thread!

I always thought that voting on predictions by guys like Bayless and the pundits at ESPN would be fun, but my site (https://www.ipredikt.com) just hasn't generated the kind of traction I was hoping for.

Talk about a failed prediction, this one was 100% off the mark!