The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2012, 05:15 PM   #251
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Yeah McElroy practiced so well he was kept inactive 90% of the time.
However bad McElroy practiced > however bad tebow practiced

McElroy out with a concussion. Next man up? Sanchez. Haha
Old 12-27-2012, 06:03 PM   #252
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

All you Tebow fans are just poeple behind a computer screen who act like you guys know more than NFL coaches

All the coaches Tebow has had ALL say he isn't a good QB

If Tebow were an NFL caliber QB he would be playing QB

Tebow is the Punt Protector

So if he were as good as you all say wouldn't he be playing QB?
oubronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:16 PM   #253
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Is it feasible to lock all tebow threads? Just wondering.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:31 PM   #254
Butterscotch Stallion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
So anyone that doesn't agree with you is a retard. Sounds like a bitter liberal with no real direction. Keep chasing the dream that he's gonna be as good as all these other QBs hes being compared to in the early stages of their careers.
Wow! Now I'm a liberal? Read my posts sometimes.... So that is yet another loss for you....step it up ok? You play like sanchez.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:34 PM   #255
Butterscotch Stallion

Quote:
Exhibit B. Just last March (this offseason), Rex and Co signed Mark Sanchez to a 5-year $60 million/$20 guaranteed contract.

If the shoe fits? OMG... Rex is so stupid.
Rex is smarter than you and I. we just don't know how good sanchez really is. I mean all we see is the games...not the practices. What do we know?
Old 12-27-2012, 06:36 PM   #256
Butterscotch Stallion

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
All you Tebow fans are just poeple behind a computer screen who act like you guys know more than NFL coaches

So you think sanchez is good by your logic. Thank god im stupid. Your smartness is dumber than my dumbness.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:37 PM   #257
Butterscotch Stallion

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
Is it feasible to lock all tebow threads? Just wondering.
Once you retards stop acting stupid, they will die.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:45 PM   #258
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterscotch Stallion View Post
So you think sanchez is good by your logic. Thank god im stupid. Your smartness is dumber than my dumbness.
Can it be possible that all 3 QBs SUCK?
Old 12-27-2012, 06:48 PM   #259
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Wow! Now I'm a liberal? Read my posts sometimes.... So that is yet another loss for you....step it up ok? You play like sanchez.
Usually I just glance over them and not pay attention. Sorta like the ugly chick that sits at the end of the bar.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:55 PM   #260
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
For every Peyton Manning who overcame early career struggles, there are 50 Brady Quinn's or Akili Smith's who do not. You frame the above argument and similar ones (i.e. Eli Manning overcoming a 48% completion as a rookie) as if it's the normal course of things for significant improvement to follow. It isn't. The Peyton's and Eli's are the exceptions, not the rule.
Peyton did not struggle his first year. He had growing pains and he threw a lot of ints but he also threw a lot of TD passes. He was on a horrible team and ANYONE who saw him play his rookie year in 1998 knew he was going to be a star. Tebow has never done that. Outside of Skip Bayless no one is saying Tebow is going to be a star, in fact this could be his last year in the NFL depending on what Jacksonville is going to do.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:01 PM   #261
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Peyton did not struggle his first year. He had growing pains and he threw a lot of ints but he also threw a lot of TD passes. He was on a horrible team and ANYONE who saw him play his rookie year in 1998 knew he was going to be a star. Tebow has never done that. Outside of Skip Bayless no one is saying Tebow is going to be a star, in fact this could be his last year in the NFL depending on what Jacksonville is going to do.
Jags better dump every QB they have because Tebow will not beat them in camp and some will say that just isn't fair for poor Tebow.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:10 PM   #262
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

I wonder if Tebow just doesn't pack it in after this year and move on to politics or something he doesn't have to be good at to stay in the public eye.

I have heard a rumor through a friend of a friend of Howard Griffifth (of all people) that Rex promised Scanchez that he would not start Tebow over him, apparently Mark was all butt hurt for a couple days after they made the trade. I bet Rex is not playing him over because 1) he wants to keep his word and 2) Tebow can't beat out McElroy.

I am sure there may be one more team out there that is desperate enough to take a chance on Timmy but I wonder if after this season he doesn't just decide to move on.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:15 PM   #263
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
How did you come up with that? I never even mentioned Sancheez you really must be stupid
oubronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:57 PM   #264
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Can it be possible that all 3 QBs SUCK?
Tebow has always been a square peg that's trying to fit into a round hole (his skill set does not match what's required for the job). Some of us recognize that the odds are he's simply never going to fit in as a QB in the NFL. Others want to offer every explanation in the book... from "intentional sabotage of his career by coaches whose jobs also depend upon winning" to "religious persecution".. anything except to say "at some point early in his football-playing days, some coach should have taken the time to instruct him in basic QB mechanics". The fact is that the criticism would be silenced if he could consistently put the football where it has to be to complete a pass. But he can't and so he's just another (very high profile) wannabe who lacks the skills for the position he aspires to.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:32 PM   #265
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post

This begs the question: Why the effffffffffffffffffff did McDumba$$ draft Teebs in the first round (or any round BTW) any way?
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:39 PM   #266
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Yeah that 71 passer rating en route to 3-13 really lit the league on fire.

Let's travel back...

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/...eyton-manning/

Old 12-27-2012, 11:39 PM   #267
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

Quote:

Let's travel back...

You missed the part where he said if you watched Peyton, you could tell. Kinda like when most of watch Teebs, we can tell too. It isnt that hard.
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:30 AM   #268
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I wonder if Tebow just doesn't pack it in after this year and move on to politics or something he doesn't have to be good at to stay in the public eye.

I have heard a rumor through a friend of a friend of Howard Griffifth (of all people) that Rex promised Scanchez that he would not start Tebow over him, apparently Mark was all butt hurt for a couple days after they made the trade. I bet Rex is not playing him over because 1) he wants to keep his word and 2) Tebow can't beat out McElroy.

I am sure there may be one more team out there that is desperate enough to take a chance on Timmy but I wonder if after this season he doesn't just decide to move on.
Tebow quit football? 0 percent chance. Absolute 0 % chance he quits and walks away.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:14 AM   #269
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Tebow quit football? 0 percent chance. Absolute 0 % chance he quits and walks away.
yeah but if the Jagwads don't want him there will be a 100% chance he is not in the NFL next year. He is poison and everyone outside of Jacksonville knows it.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:45 AM   #270
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:

Let's travel back...

That meant he had more passing yards that year than John Elway did, he was 450 yards shy of matching Steve Young. He was top 10 in yards, TDs in the league and had more yards and more TDs per game than Troy Aikman.

He set almost every important record by a rookie QB playing for a team that was by a wide margin the worst in the league. They allowed the most yards, most 1st downs, 2nd most points, created the 2nd fewest turnovers, had the 5th fewest rushing yards, the 2nd fewest rushing TDs.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:11 AM   #271
Jetland

Quote:

Let's travel back...

ooooooooo passer rating eh......neat o
Old 12-28-2012, 03:35 AM   #272
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
yeah but if the Jagwads don't want him there will be a 100% chance he is not in the NFL next year. He is poison and everyone outside of Jacksonville knows it.
Eight months ago, there were two teams in the entire league that were willing to give up anything to acquire Tebow... now, he's "demanding" to be released by the one he chose. If he goes to J-ville, that will be his last stop in the NFL 'cause he'll either gain the skill set he needs to play QB... or no other team in the league will have any interest whatsoever in him (as a quarterback).
Old 12-28-2012, 06:16 AM   #273
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetland View Post
ooooooooo passer rating eh......neat o
OK dude. How about TD%.
Or int %
Or yards per attempt?

You've already thrown out overall passer rating. In which statistical category did the average 1998 PFM throw outperform the average Tim Tebow throw through 16 starts?
Old 12-28-2012, 06:19 AM   #274
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Yeah McElroy practiced so well he was kept inactive 90% of the time.
This discussion isn't about McElroy or how well he does or does not practice;but it's noteworthy that the only time I've ever seen the "he just doesn't perform well in practice but deserves a starting job anyway" argument raised, the comment (without exception) has involved the proper noun "Tebow". Same is true of the argument "but...but... he didn't get enough reps with the first team. Other backup QBs are expected to perform adequately if needed regardless of the "reps-with-the-first-team-in-practice-count".

Oh, and... you're not seriously trying to contend that McElroy's elevation to starter last week was based on anything other than Ryan trying to send Sanchez a message (to quit sucking), are you?
Old 12-28-2012, 06:21 AM   #275
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
That meant he had more passing yards that year than John Elway did, he was 450 yards shy of matching Steve Young. He was top 10 in yards, TDs in the league and had more yards and more TDs per game than Troy Aikman.

He set almost every important record by a rookie QB playing for a team that was by a wide margin the worst in the league. They allowed the most yards, most 1st downs, 2nd most points, created the 2nd fewest turnovers, had the 5th fewest rushing yards, the 2nd fewest rushing TDs.
Long story short he threw the ball a **** ton. But per throw was less effective than the worst QB in the history of the game (I'm told)

It takes playing time to develop in the NFL.