The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-27-2012, 08:38 PM   #1
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway
Default OT- Windows 8 or a MacBook?

I need a laptop for work, hopefully someone has had a chance to get familiar with Windows 8. I used to sell computers but that was almost 2 years ago so I'm a bit out of the game. I've always used Windows PCs although for the last year I've been enjoying using my iPad and iPhone and the allure of compatibility to a MacBook is compelling. I also have a full version of Windows 7 that I could run in Parallels or Boot Camp on the machine, the downside would obviously be cost. Probably about $1500 for what I want.

On the flip side, I could go with a Windows 8 PC. I would lose the syncing between the computer and Apple devices but that seems like more of a luxury than necessity. The Windows PC would do everything I need for less, probably around $800. So I'm wondering if the cost difference is worth it going with the Mac. Has anyone had experience with Windows 8? I played with the beta but I'm sure it's different now. Thanks!

Last edited by montrose; 12-27-2012 at 08:52 PM..
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links