The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Is Shanahan going to make it through the season?
Yes 61 83.56%
No 8 10.96%
It's Griese's fault 12 16.44%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-27-2012, 02:06 AM   #401
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol#7
I am not sure I can break this down any further for you. Shanny tried to retool with what was left post SB run, and we stayed in the mix and nearly won a 3rd title. That was what was expected of him and the franchise, and that was what they delivered. He never did blow anything up. Hence the reason we were playing for a playoff spot in 2006. He coached too well for that. What he did was try and get an elite QB. Adding a couple D-lineman to the Jake Plummer led Bronco's was never going to be good enough.
What kind of crackhead logic is this?

So from the last super bowl to the season you're talking about, 7 years later, it took that long to win a playoff game?

It took 7 years after the last super bowl to win a playoff game. Think about that son... what winning franchise can accept this?

NONE.
Old 12-27-2012, 02:13 AM   #402
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol#7 View Post
Did Herndon make an NFL roster 3 years after leaving the Broncos? Then yes. But it's funny to think about a pro athlete making a team, since I am sure you have done that and more. !!!!
Since when are we comparing me to an NFL player?

Someone else can break down the rest of your garbage. That crack pipe must have burned every single rational brain cell in your head.

ELWAY won't be graded until Manning leaves guys, did you hear?

Guys, did you hear? We have no depth. For examples guys, we lost two starters on the dline to IR and we still have a top 5 defense and 3rd best defense against the run. How about losing our 2nd CB. Or losing our 2nd best safety last year to IR. Or how about losing our MLB who sucked.

Guys, we're not that good.

Until Manning leaves, Elway won't be graded and this season won't count for Elway.

Guys, I'M A REAL BRONCOS FAN BECAUSE I THINK ABOUT MCDANIELS ALL THE TIME AND I HATE HIM SO MUCH! GRRRRRRR.

*puffs the crack pipe*

out.
Old 12-27-2012, 02:16 AM   #403
Action

I know most people probably won't appreciate the tone, language, and how I came off in the last few posts/pages...but I really can't imagine anyone agreeing or seeing what the **** ol#7 is talking about either.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:04 AM   #404
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
I know most people probably won't appreciate the tone, language, and how I came off in the last few posts/pages...but I really can't imagine anyone agreeing or seeing what the **** ol#7 is talking about either.
You nailed it. You learned how to do it Mane style so no need to apologize.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:10 AM   #405
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Are you really stooping to this level of stupidity? We all know damn well Kubiak is a great offensive coach. Larry Coyer was let go as the scape goat. Larry Coyer was ok, but Kubiak was great and he was hired in 1995. Kubiak had the same soft football blood in him too as you saw with the Texans until they hired a real defensive coach.

When someone throws out a general statement, you can't just nitpick some little **** like Rev and act as if that disproves the whole statement.

Are you saying that Shanahan hired great coaches or something? If he did, he wouldn't have been in the position he was in.

Josh called, and he said he loves that he's in your thoughts 24/7. I can't even match you there bud, you can have Josh all to yourself
4 DC in 4 years with Coyer getting us to the playoffs. It worked so well after Coyer left. It ended with the hire of SLowick who was a disaster in Green Bay yet was still brought in by Shanny. Stupid move that helped him get fired.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:37 AM   #406
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Because you're a ****ing douche that's had to re register for being laughed off the board already. You ignored my statement of finding superior comparisons and instead your response was 70-75 players on that roster? So now you're not only criticizing PS depth, but TC fodder as well.

Bravo, you're a new kind of loser.

You're worth no one's time here Freak6. Whether you go by that name or vonqkilla you'll always be a joke.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:45 AM   #407
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Because you're a ****ing douche that's had to re register for being laughed off the board already. You ignored my statement of finding superior comparisons and instead your response was 70-75 players on that roster? So now you're not only criticizing PS depth, but TC fodder as well.

Bravo, you're a new kind of loser.

You're worth no one's time here Freak6. Whether you go by that name or vonqkilla you'll always be a joke.
Hey maybe he's the real MacGruder too.

I think it's great you address the argument and don't stoop to name calling, totally shows your maturity.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:58 PM   #408
Action

Quote:
I didn't ignore anything... I listed teams.

Ignoring is what you did to the various points I brought up about Shanahan. And if you couldn't understand my logic of 70-75 players, then you should probably go back to high school and take some classes on proportions/ratios or something.

You even named 1 that wasn't even on the damn roster since 2004 and never played for us so you must feel Shanny deserves credit for a guy that never played for the Broncos...

Your bias is out this damn world and you must have a crack pipe stored some where too.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:02 PM   #409
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
You nailed it. You learned how to do it Mane style so no need to apologize.
Yeah, I've recently stooped down to this mane posting style and I know I haven't gained many fans.

But you know when I post play by play break downs of players that takes some time, I get people like ol#7 jabbing me about it... hilarious
Old 12-27-2012, 01:07 PM   #410
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Laughable take considering the Broncos set NFL records in yards, points, rushing, etc during the post Elway era. Extra laughable considering the Broncos were top 5 in win % during the post Elway era. Extra laughable considering the Broncos made an AFCCG appearance less than 3 years before the fire. Extra laughable considering he dragged the youngest team in the NFL with record breaking amount of RB injuries to missing the playoffs by a tie-breaker.

In conclusion: Laughable.
I'd really like to see these NFL record points, rushing, etc. during the post Elway era. All I can find is one year yards per attempt rushing and rushing attempts.

As far as dragging the youngest team in the NFL to missing the playoffs by a tie-breaker, sounds like sugar coating to me. Maybe it was also because we lost 4 out of the last 6 games. Stats don't always tell the whole story. Love the way you use injuries as an excuse for whatever team you are promoting that really isn't as good as you think.

And 3 years after making the AFCC? How many years should we have given him considering his stubborness with the defense, his revolving door with defensive coaches, to finally settle on a guy that helped us maintain a 30th ranked D. Not to mention his drafts and free agency that he did not know what to do with the guys he got. But many of them are performing now, either for us or other teams or not in the league at all.

In conclusion: questionable sugar coating.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:11 PM   #411
bombay
Ring of Famer

I think a large % of Broncos fans like Shanny and wish him well when he's not playing us. A lot of memorable football under his leadership.
bombay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:12 PM   #412
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Elway and Co have rebuilt a hell of a team just two years after the MCD debacle something Shanny couldn't do in a decade after Elway retired.
.... Shanhan never had Peyton Manning.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:21 PM   #413
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
No but he had his hand picked franchise qb in Jay Cutler and he gave the final go ahead on every single player on his roster for his entire tenure here.

Sure Manning is a big piece but it's the rest of what Elway put together that has made this team special.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:24 PM   #414
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
He never had this defense either.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:44 PM   #415
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
No but he had his hand picked franchise qb in Jay Cutler and he gave the final go ahead on every single player on his roster for his entire tenure here.

Sure Manning is a big piece but it's the rest of what Elway put together that has made this team special.
I's sure Shanny agrees with the fact that he spent too long thinking he could win a SB with Brian Griese and Jake Plummer all the while he was being eliminated in the playoffs by Ben Roethelssberger and Peyton Manning. That is why he pulled the plug on Plummer. He knew Denver would not get through Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Ben Roethelessberger in the AFC with Plummer. He went to DC and he saw the same thing was happening. So he pulled the trigger ang got RGIII. Now he will be able to utilize the full Shanhan playbook and even expand it. Shanahan wasted a few years in Denver on QBs that can't win and eventually it cost him his job. It looks like he learned his lesson in Washington and they will be a team that can win the SB for years to come because of it.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:57 PM   #416
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
RedskinBronco, you're an ass clown.

There's nothing else to say about it. Nothing you say about Shanahan is even REMOTELY objective.

You realize you've been b****ing about him all season while he's become a front runner for coach of the year with Arians/Pagano and Carroll?

Of course you don't, because you're an ass clown.
They were 3-6, Rev. Were you calling Shanny a front-runner for coach of the year at that point? Tool.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:47 AM   #417
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-mike-shanahan

The Washington Post reported the playoff-bound Redskins are "seriously considering" a contract extension this offseason for coach Mike Shanahan, according to multiple people with knowledge of the team's planning.
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:10 AM   #418
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombay View Post
I think a large % of Broncos fans like Shanny and wish him well when he's not playing us. A lot of memorable football under his leadership.
Oh, there are a few here that would want Shanny to beat the Broncos to show Pat that he made a mistake.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:17 AM   #419
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

I heard on the radio this morning that the Redskins might offer MS a contract extension; now I am not sure if there is a plan for him to become more of an executive or just keep coaching.

I don't know how much longer he intends on being a coach given his age. One thing is for sure though, I do not want to lose Kyle. So I am not sure what his aspirations are or if he is patient enough. There is always the RGIII factor, not many coaches would leave when you have him. Why leave.

We will see how it shakes out, but FWIW some rumblings have started.
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:55 AM   #420
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Interesting analysis from Barnwell suggesting the Skins success has been more about the defense than offense:

Quote:
Washington's improvement, meanwhile, owes more to its defense than you might expect. It's a leap I wrote about earlier in this run, but the numbers bear out that the Redskins' defense has had more to do with their big playoff run than has the offense. During their 3-6 start, the Washington offense averaged 25.1 points per game, a figure that improved to an even 30 during the 7-0 finish. That's a 4.9-point difference. Meanwhile, the Washington defense went from allowing 27.6 points per game during the rough seas of September and October to an even 20.0 points per game after Election Day, a difference of 7.6 points. Plenty of those points came in garbage time against the Cowboys on Thanksgiving Day, too, so that figure even understates the genuine improvement this unit has made over the final seven weeks of the year.
Read the rest here: http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...t-week-17-news
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:20 PM   #421
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
They were 3-6, Rev. Were you calling Shanny a front-runner for coach of the year at that point? Tool.
...so what is your ****ing point?
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:02 PM   #422
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-mike-shanahan

The Washington Post reported the playoff-bound Redskins are "seriously considering" a contract extension this offseason for coach Mike Shanahan, according to multiple people with knowledge of the team's planning.
he deserves a extension mho as long as rgII is the qb they should keep shanny its when he cant get a good qb that he goes off track and i dont mean retreads like Plummer either who will win you plenty of games til the team discovers he can basically only do one play and scheme for it.
DAN_BRONCO_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:19 PM   #423
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
He never had this defense either.
He never had the #2 pick in the draft either. Elway has done a great job, but it helped that McDaniels was such a failure that we are to get an elite defender in the draft.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:25 PM   #424
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Interesting analysis from Barnwell suggesting the Skins success has been more about the defense than offense:

Read the rest here: http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...t-week-17-news

The offense has been there all year, averaging like 27 points per game (that really good), the defense was hurt by a couple of key injuries to Carriker, Orakpo and their safeties. When the light finally clicked for the young guys - Jenkins (DE) and Jackson (LB), they began to win.

Shanahan could gone the easy way and fired Haslett (something everyone in DC wanted to happen), but he stuck the coarse and they have played better.

That team believes and appears to be on the right path.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:51 PM   #425
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
...so what is your ****ing point?
That you're a fat-mouthed jackass.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote