The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2012, 09:41 AM   #201
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
FIFY

Improvement requires repeated opportunity.
Then what's your excuse as an orangemane poster?
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:43 AM   #202
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterscotch Stallion View Post
Rex ryan should change his name to the elusive mark sanchez...thats what someone who hitches themselves to a loser while hating the winner does apparantly.
Isn't your ban bet over yet OABB ? When you coming back under old handle?
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:48 AM   #203
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
should I go on pwning you, or just stop now?
Lol you're not pwning anyone, Miami wins that game if not for a lucky diving catch by the receiver, the jets let up on how they were playing tebow on that last drive. It's good thing the media criticized the jets for a entire week for changing the scheme on defense on that last drive,cuz I might not have remembered otherwise. The Steelers? Overconfidence on their part & injuries lead to that. I could've thrown for 300 yds in that game.

Tebow had some great fluke games. Wasn't he 1-4 to end the season once teams figured him out. He finished the season the same way it started.

I seem to remember Elway saying that tebow would have to improve in two areas for a long term commitment to Denver(paraphrasing): completion percentage & 3rd down conversion.
Guess what,he never improved.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:59 AM   #204
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

Lolz at Tebow. It sounds like he is still going to pursue the QB dream. He needs to give it up and move on to a position more suited to his abilities.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:04 AM   #205
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
Going 0-3 to close the regular season just disappears into the abyss of Beavis' mind.
PFM managed 0-3 (or worse) three times in his first 16 games. Does that keep you awake at night?
Old 12-27-2012, 10:13 AM   #206
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
No it isn't. He sucks at passing unless the games on the line. Thats just who he is.he isn't going to get better. I wish he would and I agree that its his biggest obstacle, but he is what he is.

Either a coach is scared and liked losing like ryan, or one has balls and plays him...and wins. Thats it.
Scared of what? And what coach likes losing?

BTW...if a coach plays Tebow it's not because he had balls...it's because he had no other option.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:29 AM   #207
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Mortenson reported this morning that even though it's a sure thing that tebow will go to the jags,he isn't guaranteed the starting QB position. He'll have to compete for it. Tebow doesn't have a good track record in training camp when competing for starter.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:35 AM   #208
Butterscotch Stallion

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAT View Post
Isn't your ban bet over yet OABB ? When you coming back under old handle?
lol. Jake misses you the most..he will be here in the div round... He has been his usual charming self on twitter though
Old 12-27-2012, 10:36 AM   #209
Butterscotch Stallion

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Scared of what? And what coach likes losing?

BTW...if a coach plays Tebow it's not because he had balls...it's because he had no other option.
I know. Sanchez should have been replaced in week 5.. arguing for sanchez is lije arguing for orton.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:48 AM   #210
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
PFM managed 0-3 (or worse) three times in his first 16 games. Does that keep you awake at night?
There you go again comparing a QB who actually possesed the tools and skills to get better. Everyone saw the skill set manning had. Everyone sees the lack of skill set tebow has. It's not even close so just stop comparing.

Were any of those games a division clincher? 3 chances to clinch the division tebow got last year. Fell on his face all 3 times. Clinging to that one playoff game without even acknowledging that game wouldn't exist if it came down to Tebows performance trying to get in. Tebow owes rivers big time for bailing him out.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 12-27-2012 at 10:53 AM..
Old 12-27-2012, 10:57 AM   #211
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
Going 0-3 to close the regular season just disappears into the abyss of Beavis' mind.
Especially when all we had to do was win one solitary game out of those last 3 to lock up the division title.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:00 AM   #212
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I know. Sanchez should have been replaced in week 5.. arguing for sanchez is lije arguing for orton.
Nobody is arguing for Sanchez....and I agree Sanchez sucks. Having said that, how poorly can he play and still keep his job as a starting QB?

I guess the answer is all he wants if Tebow is the alternative.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:00 AM   #213
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
For every Peyton Manning who overcame early career struggles, there are 50 Brady Quinn's or Akili Smith's who do not. You frame the above argument and similar ones (i.e. Eli Manning overcoming a 48% completion as a rookie) as if it's the normal course of things for significant improvement to follow. It isn't. The Peyton's and Eli's are the exceptions, not the rule.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:05 AM   #214
Butterscotch Stallion

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Especially when all we had to do was win one solitary game out of those last 3 to lock up the division title.
Again, hate zombies are stupid. Tebow was a second year player in his 11th start. He struggled. He was told to pull the trigger. He was mush rushed. It is not stupidity to assume he would improve, its stupidity to assume he wouldnt. Again, the haters are the zombies who cling to 4 games as if they tell the whole story, but ignore the other 12.

Tebow is not a good quarterback.no one claimed he was. But he could be successful and HAS BEEN in this league already.

those of us that see that are smart, those who claim 16 starts in which a winning record on a losing team was the FACT and that means the guy should be a FB are ****ing morons.

Its that simple. Morons, haters, zombies.the facts are on the side of him being successful.

Ignoring reality makes you a hater, or a moron.

Does he suck as a passer? Yes..can he win? .he already has'

Keepc being mindless zombies for all I care. But here, in reality, its more fun.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:08 AM   #215
Butterscotch Stallion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
For every Peyton Manning who overcame early career struggles, there are 50 Brady Quinn's or Akili Smith's who do not. You frame the above argument and similar ones (i.e. Eli Manning overcoming a 48% completion as a rookie) as if it's the normal course of things for significant improvement to follow. It isn't. The Peyton's and Eli's are the exceptions, not the rule.
I don't remember quinn or smith having a winning record or winning a playoff game in there first 16 starts..

Hmmmm, maybe my internet is broken?
Old 12-27-2012, 11:09 AM   #216
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Again, hate zombies are stupid. Tebow was a second year player in his 11th start. He struggled. He was told to pull the trigger. He was mush rushed. It is not stupidity to assume he would improve, its stupidity to assume he wouldnt. Again, the haters are the zombies who cling to 4 games as if they tell the whole story, but ignore the other 12.

Tebow is not a good quarterback.no one claimed he was. But he could be successful and HAS BEEN in this league already.

those of us that see that are smart, those who claim 16 starts in which a winning record on a losing team was the FACT and that means the guy should be a FB are ****ing morons.

Its that simple. Morons, haters, zombies.the facts are on the side of him being successful.

Ignoring reality makes you a hater, or a moron.

Does he suck as a passer? Yes..can he win? .he already has'

Keepc being mindless zombies for all I care. But here, in reality, its more fun.

What is he 8-6 as a starter? 6-8 if Marion barber wasn't an idiot and Miami knew how recover a kick.
So that means Vince Young should still be playing? Cause he's won way more than tebow. Better win loss percentage.

Your arguement is ridiculous when you state there not enough play time to critique tebow, yet hold the arguement he's already won in that same exact frame time. Bad QBs don't win long term in the NFL.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 12-27-2012 at 11:17 AM..
Old 12-27-2012, 11:25 AM   #217
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
There you go again comparing a QB who actually possesed the tools and skills to get better. Everyone saw the skill set manning had. Everyone sees the lack of skill set tebow has. It's not even close so just stop comparing.

Were any of those games a division clincher? 3 chances to clinch the division tebow got last year. Fell on his face all 3 times. Clinging to that one playoff game without even acknowledging that game wouldn't exist if it came down to Tebows performance trying to get in. Tebow owes rivers big time for bailing him out.
I understand some here with calling Tebow a pseudo QB but to blame him for backing into the playoffs when we started 1-4 is a tough hole to dig out of to win it in 11 games. Seems a lot of excuses why he won all those games but nothing on the losses. He sucked in those games but he found a way to win when it mattered most. Don't sound like a sore winner.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:25 AM   #218
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I don't remember quinn or smith having a winning record or winning a playoff game in there first 16 starts..

Hmmmm, maybe my internet is broken?
Maybe you remember Vince Young, then? As a rookie, he took over an 0-3 team and led them to an 8-5 finish. Even now he's still 31-19 in his career as a starter. Yet, no one wants him to start for them. I wonder why? Could it be that the reasons for wins and losses are often more complex than who lined up under center? Hell, Kyle Orton was 27-12 after his first 39 starts (~2.5 seasons worth).

Last edited by BroncoInferno; 12-27-2012 at 11:30 AM..
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:39 AM   #219
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
I understand some here with calling Tebow a pseudo QB but to blame him for backing into the playoffs when we started 1-4 is a tough hole to dig out of to win it in 11 games. Seems a lot of excuses why he won all those games but nothing on the losses. He sucked in those games but he found a way to win when it mattered most. Don't sound like a sore winner.
Giving up points of 15 10 13 13 10 are the reason those games were won. Had ANY of those 5 games gone 20 points the broncos would've lost. Sorry but its hard giving credit to a QB going 2-8 in a winning game.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:58 AM   #220
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Giving up points of 15 10 13 13 10 are the reason those games were won. Had ANY of those 5 games gone 20 points the broncos would've lost.
How is that possible? How can a team bereft of talent save for Tebow be able to hold opposing teams to 61 points in approximately 23 quarters of play?

I mean all we heard from the nut hugging Tebow fans was how the team was filled with nothing but a bunch of losers and all Tebow had was a human rummage sale for support...toss in a drunk owner that is broke and a coaching staff and VP that did everything they could to sabotage his career because they were afraid he'd win games for them and one can clearly see that you theory is preposterous! (sarcasm)

Last edited by errand; 12-27-2012 at 12:00 PM..
Old 12-27-2012, 12:10 PM   #221
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

It's not rocket science... any player who consistently sucks in practice during the week... is not going to be named the starter on Sunday.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:12 PM   #222
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Giving up points of 15 10 13 13 10 are the reason those games were won. Had ANY of those 5 games gone 20 points the broncos would've lost. Sorry but its hard giving credit to a QB going 2-8 in a winning game.
Holy double standard. We put up 23 against the Pats last December and would've had more if not for piss-poor ball protection. But you repeatedly hang that game on Tebow.

Never mind that Peyton only put up 21 against them this year. Yet that was a "team loss"

Tebow was inconsistent. Not surprising, but that's about all that can be said definitively over such a short timeframe.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:15 PM   #223
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Maybe you remember Vince Young, then? As a rookie, he took over an 0-3 team and led them to an 8-5 finish. Even now he's still 31-19 in his career as a starter. Yet, no one wants him to start for them. I wonder why? Could it be that the reasons for wins and losses are often more complex than who lined up under center? Hell, Kyle Orton was 27-12 after his first 39 starts (~2.5 seasons worth).
Vince had a little more going on than his W-L record. Ask Jeff Fisher.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:36 PM   #224
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Pretty much not true. Just about every one of today's top long-term QBs struggled their first 16 games. I can't think of any outside of maybe Brady or Big Ben that didn't go 0-3 at some point in their first campaign. 4, or 5, or even 6 game losing streaks aren't at all uncommon with rook QB's.... with plenty of ****ty qb play on display.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:44 PM   #225
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

How good are you really when Jacksonville is your BEST hope to showcase your skills?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote