The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2012, 09:17 AM   #176
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
They changed everything on the offense to accomadate him keep him from throwing the ball.he never showed any improvement & was traded.
FIFY

Improvement requires repeated opportunity.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:25 AM   #177
dsmoot
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
It's also weird that they hate the following players for also being outspoken Christians:

Robert Griffin III
Drew Brees
Aaron Rodgers
Brian Dawkins
Troy Polamalu

I can't tell you how much I hate Peyton Manning because of his beliefs. Obviously.

You're a ****ing moron, by the way.
But why are you giving us reason to hate? Make your point and move on. Leave the hate out of it. Just how old are you?
dsmoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:29 AM   #178
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmoot View Post
But why are you giving us reason to hate? Make your point and move on. Leave the hate out of it. Just how old are you?

Can someone translate this into English?

Do you not understand sarcasm?
Old 12-27-2012, 09:34 AM   #179
Butterscotch Stallion

Rex ryan should change his name to the elusive mark sanchez...thats what someone who hitches themselves to a loser while hating the winner does apparantly.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:40 AM   #180
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
FIFY

Reminds me of the Kyle Brady saga when he was a NY Jet.....he was always complaining about never getting any "opportunities" to catch the ball in Bill Parcells' offense. One day in practice Brady dropped a few passes evidently and that prompted Parcells to quip, "Yeah Kyle....that's another one of those opportunities you say you never get..."

This is where Tebow's not practicing very well comes back to bite him in his ass....you're not going to get opportunities as a WR or pass catching TE if you drop passes in practice.....you're not going to be the team's first choice at PR/KR if you're fumbling or muffing kicks....you're never going to attempt a 50 yard FG if you cannot hit them in practice...

so why is it so shocking to you and your clown posse that a QB who sucks throwing the ball in pratice doesn't get that many opportunities to throw the ball in actual games?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:47 AM   #181
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

I picture most of you nuts like Uncle Rico.
How much you want to make a bet Tebow could throw a football over them mountains? Yeah. If coach would've put Tebow in fourth quarter, we'd have been world champions, no doubt. No doubt in my mind.

Bet I Can Throw a Football Over Them Mountains?

Oh PS Sanchez was named the starting QB again
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:50 AM   #182
dsmoot
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Can someone translate this into English?

Do you not understand sarcasm?
I missed the sarcasm in the last sentence. How is that? More clear. No sarcasm given.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:55 AM   #183
Butterscotch Stallion

Tebow well never be the practice champion. He just isn't polished enough and never will be. Thats unfortunate for him.. Mark sanchez and kyle orton clearly are better in practice...and we all know that is what is most important. Game day doen't matter unless you care about winning. Rex ryan will be out of coaching soon because he would rather play a qb with 50 turnovers in two years than one who erin a playoff game because of practice.

Its laughable really.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:55 AM   #184
Butterscotch Stallion

Tebow well never be the practice champion. He just isn't polished enough and never will be. Thats unfortunate for him.. Mark sanchez and kyle orton clearly are better in practice...and we all know that is what is most important. Game day doen't matter unless you care about winning. Rex ryan will be out of coaching soon because he would rather play a qb with 50 turnovers in two years than one who erin a playoff game because of practice.

Its laughable really.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:58 AM   #185
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterscotch Stallion View Post

Its laughable really.
At every level, practice reps -- where the conditions are optimal for success -- are what decide the starting lineup. Don't like it? I don't know what to tell you. Maybe Tebow should start performing better in practice.

A mighty simple solution.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:04 AM   #186
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
FIFY

My bad, I thought they had a thing called practice for that. As has been said time & time again,if you can't do it in practice you're not going to be able to do it in a game. You've must have been at the fridge getting a beer every time tebow completed a pass to a blade of grass or to a water cooler on the sidelines. Fox is paid to do what's best for the team,not a lackluster QB.they called limited passes because they had a QB who couldn't throw the ball on any consistent level.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:05 AM   #187
Butterscotch Stallion

Quote:
At every level, practice reps -- where the conditions are optimal for success -- are what decide the starting lineup. Don't like it? I don't know what to tell you. Maybe Tebow should start performing better in practice.

A mighty simple solution.
No it isn't. He sucks at passing unless the games on the line. Thats just who he is.he isn't going to get better. I wish he would and I agree that its his biggest obstacle, but he is what he is.

Either a coach is scared and liked losing like ryan, or one has balls and plays him...and wins. Thats it.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:11 AM   #188
dsmoot
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
This is where Tebow's not practicing very well comes back to bite him in his ass....you're not going to get opportunities as a WR or pass catching TE if you drop passes in practice.....you're not going to be the team's first choice at PR/KR if you're fumbling or muffing kicks....you're never going to attempt a 50 yard FG if you cannot hit them in practice...

so why is it so shocking to you and your clown posse that a QB who sucks throwing the ball in pratice doesn't get that many opportunities to throw the ball in actual games?
I personally did not go to a Broncos training camp while Tim was in Denver but your comments are supported by what others have seen. As one who wanted to see Tim succeed, I did see the many passes in games sailing high and wide, hit the turf three yards in front of the receiver and the ball being delivered too late where the receiver was pinched up against the sideline waiting for the ball. At the same time, the body language of the teammates was obvious when it happened and it happened often enough. Often enough that Elway/Fox were very careful in the praise given to Tim even during the winning streak last year. Often enough, that Elway had to make a decision - is this going to correct itself with time or do we go another way.

I assume nothing changed in New York. I really think Ryan didn't want to change the offense so drastically to best fit Tebow's skill set. I think Ryan is on a much shorter leash in NY than Fox was his first year in Denver. Therefore, go to the 3rd stringer who simply throws the ball better.

Is someone going to attach the famous Allen Iverson practice video?
Old 12-27-2012, 10:19 AM   #189
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
No it isn't. He sucks at passing unless the games on the line. Thats just who he is.he isn't going to get better. I wish he would and I agree that its his biggest obstacle, but he is what he is.

Either a coach is scared and liked losing like ryan, or one has balls and plays him...and wins. Thats it.
He played great at the end of games cause by the end of game when the opposing team was up, they would move to a prevent defense it then became easier for tebow to read the defense.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:20 AM   #190
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I picture most of you nuts like Uncle Rico.
How much you want to make a bet Tebow could throw a football over them mountains? Yeah. If coach would've put Tebow in fourth quarter, we'd have been world champions, no doubt. No doubt in my mind.

Bet I Can Throw a Football Over Them Mountains?

Oh PS Sanchez was named the starting QB again

The problem is Tebow throws like Uncle Rico.....
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:21 AM   #191
Butterscotch Stallion

Quote:
He played great at the end of games cause by the end of game when the opposing team was up, they would move to a prevent defense it then became easier for tebow to read the defense.
The second period of the steelers game was prevent?
Old 12-27-2012, 10:21 AM   #192
Butterscotch Stallion

Quote:
The jets drive was prevent?
Old 12-27-2012, 10:22 AM   #193
Butterscotch Stallion

Quote:
The miami drive was prevent?
Old 12-27-2012, 10:23 AM   #194
Butterscotch Stallion

Quote:
should I go on pwning you, or just stop now?
Old 12-27-2012, 10:24 AM   #195
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I agree with what your saying, but think about it from the coaches perspective. How can he justify starting one player over another when the one getting benched out-performs the starter in practice by a wide margin? How does he have any credibility with his team? Also, the problem with the "he only passes well if the game on the line" theory is this: what if the game is out of reach by the time the 4th quarter rolls around? It puts a lot of stress on a defense to say every game, "OK, hold these guys under 20 and then Tebow will steal it at the end. But you MUST keep it under 20!" That's not a realistic way to construct a team. By the end of last season, the formula was starting to fail (see the 7-3 loss to the Chiefs and blow-out loss to the Bills).

Quote:
Tebow is 9-7 as a starter (including playoffs), so let's not pretend he's the golden egg who can't lose. He also closed with a 1-4 stretch last season, including multiple blow-out losses. Also, Vince Young "just won," too. The reality is that as with Young, there were other factors at play that lead to those winning records. All last season proved was that Tebow sucked less than Orton. I imagine he would have sucked less than Sanchez, too, if given the chance. Again, I like Tebow and hope someone gives him a real chance over a full season running an offense designed around him, but this "he just wins" thing is over-simplified at best.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:24 AM   #196
Butterscotch Stallion

Zero blitz is not prevent...can someone get him a football 101 book?
Old 12-27-2012, 10:27 AM   #197
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Rex ryan should change his name to the elusive mark sanchez...thats what someone who hitches themselves to a loser while hating the winner does apparantly.
This could be his new avy.

Old 12-27-2012, 10:30 AM   #198
Butterscotch Stallion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
I agree with what your saying, but think about it from the coaches perspective. How can he justify starting one player over another when the one getting benched out-performs the starter in practice by a wide margin? How does he have any credibility with his team? Also, the problem with the "he only passes well if the game on the line" theory is this: what if the game is out of reach by the time the 4th quarter rolls around? It puts a lot of stress on a defense to say every game, "OK, hold these guys under 20 and then Tebow will steal it at the end. But you MUST keep it under 20!" That's not a realistic way to construct a team. By the end of last season, the formula was starting to fail (see the 7-3 loss to the Chiefs and blow-out loss to the Bills).

Tebow is 9-7 as a starter (including playoffs), so let's not pretend he's the golden egg who can't lose. He also closed with a 1-4 stretch last season, including multiple blow-out losses. Also, Vince Young "just won," too. The reality is that as with Young, there were other factors at play that lead to those winning records. All last season proved was that Tebow sucked less than Orton. I imagine he would have sucked less than Sanchez, too, if given the chance. Again, I like Tebow and hope someone gives him a real chance over a full season running an offense designed around him, but this "he just wins" thing is over-simplified at best.

9-7 is impressive on a losing team and while sucking as qb. Thats what is most impressive.imagine if a team was built around him and he improved just a little? He had only started a seasons worth of games...

I understand not wanting to start him, and you make a great point about team chemistry..

But what the zombie haters don't see, is that he is backing up orton and sanchez types. Guys that lose and directly bring their teams down.
Tebow as a ****ty passer would not have 50 turnovers these past two years and the jets would have won more... The team would have grown around the wins...bonded even.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:32 AM   #199
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post

I've never heard people talk about losing "streaks" which include a playoff win sandwiched in the middle. At least 2/3rds of playoff teams go 1-1 or worse in the playoffs.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:41 AM   #200
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
I've never heard people talk about losing "streaks" which include a playoff win sandwiched in the middle. At least 2/3rds of playoff teams go 1-1 or worse in the playoffs.
Going 0-3 to close the regular season just disappears into the abyss of Beavis' mind.