The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2012, 05:16 PM   #26
troyjbath
Probably Drunk

Long time lurker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
Did you do the Championship Game Plan, with the $100 deposit?

That is the way to go for sure.

That's what I normally do and I usually get my tickets by now.

I bet that they arrive in the mail tomorrow.
Yes, I did the $50 per seat deposit. It's much easier to handle around Christmas time than forking over the full amount.
troyjbath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:20 PM   #27
XXXII&III
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP-06 View Post
I received mt tix today in the mail. The tix have different prices depending on he game. My seats for example are $130 for wild card, $160 for divisional, and $250 for conference championship game per ticket. Hoping to make the Super Bowl and get picked in the lottery for those tickets.

Just out of curiosity was anyone on here been picked in the lottery for the last Super Bowl or know the odds of being picked?
Thank you for making me read my tickets! I couldn't figure out how/why you had THREE tickets when I had only two.

But, when I actually READ the fine print I see that one of the tickets says it's for EITHER the Wild Card game ($115) OR the Divisional game ($125), whichever one we end up playing. It's all on one ticket.

The other ticket is for the AFC Championship game.

As for your odds on being selected for the Superbowl lottery? I'd say one in a gazillion, give or take. I wasn't chosen for the last two superbowls the Broncos played in.... my fingers are crossed that I might make it this time.
XXXII&III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:23 PM   #28
troyjbath
Probably Drunk

Long time lurker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXII&III View Post
Thank you for making me read my tickets! I couldn't figure out how/why you had THREE tickets when I had only two.

But, when I actually READ the fine print I see that one of the tickets says it's for EITHER the Wild Card game ($115) OR the Divisional game ($125), whichever one we end up playing. It's all on one ticket.

The other ticket is for the AFC Championship game.

As for your odds on being selected for the Superbowl lottery? I'd say one in a gazillion, give or take. I wasn't chosen for the last two superbowls the Broncos played in.... my fingers are crossed that I might make it this time.
Is the Super Bowl lottery based on priority number? Or is it purely random?
Old 12-26-2012, 05:25 PM   #29
MVP-06
MVP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

where would you find the priority number?
MVP-06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:28 PM   #30
XXXII&III
Pro Bowler

I think it's a secret..... they do say that priority numbers are weighted in the selection process but they've never divulged their formula. I suspect there's not much randomness involved.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:13 PM   #31
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyjbath View Post
Yes, I did the $50 per seat deposit. It's much easier to handle around Christmas time than forking over the full amount.
I agree 100%....they try and cash in and sit on a good portion of that money until next season if they don't play the AFC Championship Game at home.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:17 PM   #32
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

I think this is my 19th year with season tickets, so I had them during the 1997 and 1998 Super Bowl seasons and didn't win the lottery for Super Bowl tickets, which didn't surprise me.

I'd like to know exactly how many are allotted to season ticket holders.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:18 PM   #33
troyjbath
Probably Drunk

Long time lurker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP-06 View Post
where would you find the priority number?
I remember seeing it on the mailed statements. Looked online a few minutes ago and couldn't find it on the account management page.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:50 PM   #34
BroncosSR
Perennial Pro-bowler

I got mine here in PA mid last week.

Anybody know the amount of tickets each team gets to sell? Does it strictly go to season ticket holders?
BroncosSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:09 PM   #35
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Dude, it cant be a scam. Stubhub guarantees all tickets. If you sell on Stubhub, you don't get the money until game is over plus a few days or they have the credit card. If the tickets are no good, they will find you other tickets. When you send them to SH, the download from Ticketmaster/Broncos wipes out any use of original tickets. A season ticket holder would have to claim his tickets got stolen and get re prints and then go in before the new buyer gets them. A season ticket holder is not going to commit fraud for a game (and lose his season tickets plus jail time).
If Stubhub has tickets on sale, it is probably the 3rd best way to go after getting lucky at Ticketmaster & buying on ticketexchange/NFL exchange.
I've bought on Stubhub before. Been awhile since I sold on Stubhub though. Like I said, I'd do EDL only, but there are a lot of listings where the tickets are mailed/transferred to you later. They have no means to make sure there are authentic tickets involved. Or that they're not later invalidated by the owner (say if the one's sold on Stubhub were stolen for instance, or if they find a better price for their tickets)

If they truly don't pay out to the seller until after the event, that should cut down on outright fraud. But it would make me wonder even more why the seller's so desperate to sell them before game dates/times are even set. Seems strange. And Stubhub's record isn't perfect by any means.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/enter...t/stubhub.html

Quote:
Interesting fact: Broncos have season ticket holders in all 50 states plus Canada (Bowlen's family?) and Mexico. I know if there were 2 games possible in Denver, many would pick one game to go to and sell the others. It wouldn't matter who the opponent is going to be, if you can't afford to go to both games, you would have the option to sell one of those games.
Not surprising, but I don't see what difference that makes. We're only guaranteed one game. I'd hope people aren't prebuying AFCCG tickets already or anything.

In my mind, there's only two reasons someone would be selling tickets this early (before even the week of the game is set)... one, they're fishing for a better price than they think they could get later (bad for the buyer), or there's something fishy about the tickets (worse for the buyer)

If it were me, I'd just try to hit ticketmaster the minute the single tickets go on sale, then hit the ticketexchange afterwards if that doesn't work. Stubhub (or Ebay) would be my last resort.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:16 PM   #36
XXXII&III
Pro Bowler

Here's how superbowl tickets are distributed:

AFC Champion 17.5%
NFC Champion 17.5%
Host City 5.0%
NFL 25.2%
Other 29 teams 34.8%

Capacity for the Superdome is around 72,000, so each team playing will be allotted about 12,600 tickets. Those go to the players, coaches, staff and their families, sponsors, and then season ticket holders.

If I remember correctly from XXXII & XXXIII, there were only about a couple thousand tickets made available for the season ticket holder lottery. Maybe 2,500 or so. Not nearly enough!

The winners were allowed to go to Mile High to pick up their tickets and I remember being in a rather large crowd of people begging for those who weren't planning to go to sell their tickets. It was like a bunch of homeless people begging for quarters, lol.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:16 PM   #37
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Beavis, people like me would sell one of those games because it is too expensive to fly out for two games. As explained in the 2nd part of my post, broncos have STH in all 50 states. I will wait to see if e get seed #1 before deciding what to do but some will sell the first game and hope it pays for airfare for the following week.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:20 PM   #38
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Also, I hope they weigh more to those that didn't get tickets the first time around. I only had ST since 1995 but this time around my priority has got to have a better chance. Last time we had a chance for New Orleans, we blew it against the Jags. Hotels are a b**** to get. I remember getting a reservation in Baton Rouge which is about an hour away.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:22 PM   #39
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Beavis, people like me would sell one of those games because it is too expensive to fly out for two games. As explained in the 2nd part of my post, broncos have STH in all 50 states. I will wait to see if e get seed #1 before deciding what to do but some will sell the first game and hope it pays for airfare for the following week.
I understand selling. Just don't know why people would want to sell now without knowing whether we're a 1 seed or a 3 seed. I'm planning to go to the first home game and then decide what to do after that. Its quite a trek for me as well. Kids would be pretty disappointed though if I waited for an AFCCG that never came.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:36 PM   #40
XXXII&III
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Also, I hope they weigh more to those that didn't get tickets the first time around. I only had ST since 1995 but this time around my priority has got to have a better chance.
Yeah, I hope they take that into consideration. I've had mine since 1997 and hopefully my lower priority number will be a lucky one this time around.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:07 AM   #41
jerseyguy4

Thanks for all the information.

My biggest problem now is coordinating the booking of everything. I have to get game tickets, flight, hotel and car. Hotel and car are really no big deal. It's the game tix and flight that causes the problem. I really wanted to get the flight squared away today or tomorrow, knowing that tomorrow ends my 2-week window, and airline prices traditionally skyrocket. But I'm afraid to book the flight not knowing whether or not game tix will work out.

Oh the dilemma!
Old 12-27-2012, 08:33 AM   #42
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyguy4 View Post

My biggest problem now is coordinating the booking of everything. I have to get game tickets, flight, hotel and car. Hotel and car are really no big deal. It's the game tix and flight that causes the problem. I really wanted to get the flight squared away today or tomorrow, knowing that tomorrow ends my 2-week window, and airline prices traditionally skyrocket. But I'm afraid to book the flight not knowing whether or not game tix will work out.

Oh the dilemma!
This taps into what I mean about selling tickets so early though. How do you book all this without even knowing which weekend we're talking about?
Old 12-27-2012, 09:10 AM   #43
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

Quote:

Oh the dilemma!
Game tickets wil be easy to find (depending on your max price). Why wait? just book hotel and car now and allow yourself Friday -Monday that way game day doesnt matter saturday or sunday.
bfoflcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:17 AM   #44
jerseyguy4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
This taps into what I mean about selling tickets so early though. How do you book all this without even knowing which weekend we're talking about?
At this point, we're a lock for the weekend of 12th so long as we win this weekend. We're 16pt faves and will play to win (assuming NE wins earlier that day, which they probably also will).
From that, I'm willing to take a leap of faith and book the flight ahead of the big rush AND before the 2 week window ends.

Originally, I was really hoping I could get tix through an alternate route (I know someone, blah blah). But this may or may not happen, and I won't know if it does till a few days before the game. So in the mean time, and to hedge my bets, I was going to try to buy 2 tix as insurance. If my guy comes through, awesome and I'll sell one set of tix.

It's all getting freaking complicated!
Maybe I'm better watching from the couch
Old 12-27-2012, 09:33 AM   #45
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
At this point, we're a lock for the weekend of 12th so long as we win this weekend. We're 16pt faves and will play to win (assuming NE wins earlier that day, which they probably also will).
From that, I'm willing to take a leap of faith and book the flight ahead of the big rush AND before the 2 week window ends.

Originally, I was really hoping I could get tix through an alternate route (I know someone, blah blah). But this may or may not happen, and I won't know if it does till a few days before the game. So in the mean time, and to hedge my bets, I was going to try to buy 2 tix as insurance. If my guy comes through, awesome and I'll sell one set of tix.

It's all getting freaking complicated!
Maybe I'm better watching from the couch
I landed a spare pair of tix on ticketmaster last year for the PIT game (in the south stands). Just went in the minute they were listed. I honestly don't know if the sale was regionally locked or not though.

Big thing to watch out for is when using the "best available" option, it'll often times land in the club level, which is generally too rich for my blood. It's kind of a pita when you're trying to hurry through an order. But if you're looking at aftermarket tickets anyway, original club level prices might not seem so bad.

Then back in 2006 (for the Pats, before I had season tix) I found two single-seat tickets that were one-behind the other. That worked out pretty well. I think their system might be better at packaging those as a "pair" nowadays though.

Last edited by BroncoBeavis; 12-27-2012 at 09:35 AM..
Old 12-27-2012, 09:51 AM   #46
jerseyguy4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I landed a spare pair of tix on ticketmaster last year for the PIT game (in the south stands). Just went in the minute they were listed. I honestly don't know if the sale was regionally locked or not though.

Big thing to watch out for is when using the "best available" option, it'll often times land in the club level, which is generally too rich for my blood. It's kind of a pita when you're trying to hurry through an order. But if you're looking at aftermarket tickets anyway, original club level prices might not seem so bad.

Then back in 2006 (for the Pats, before I had season tix) I found two single-seat tickets that were one-behind the other. That worked out pretty well. I think their system might be better at packaging those as a "pair" nowadays though.
I think I'm just going to wait until after the weekend, and try the ticketmaster route as you say. Hopefully the flight prices don't go through the roof by then....if they do, then I'm screwed and oh well.

Hmm, now I just wonder when the tickets will go on sale!
Old 12-27-2012, 10:16 AM   #47
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
I think I'm just going to wait until after the weekend, and try the ticketmaster route as you say. Hopefully the flight prices don't go through the roof by then....if they do, then I'm screwed and oh well.

Hmm, now I just wonder when the tickets will go on sale!
Guessing tickets will go on sale Monday morning the week before the game. You won't want to wait on your flight tickets until then (presuming a bye) But at least you'll know whether you're buying plane tix for the right weekend.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:43 AM   #48
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

I am going to get my hotel reserved and car. If they don't play that weekend or I decide to then go to the AFC Championship game (if we snag the #1 seed), I can cancel it and plan on going the next weekend. In fact, best to just book both weekends and cancel Sunday after the game.