The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2012, 07:56 PM   #1
Orange&BlueMohawk

Default Inside the NFL: Starting to hate you for the lack of respect

Okay I have slowly been stockpiling my furiosity over the last couple weeks. If I'm not careful, I am going to start boiling over.

For as good as we are doing, and how we are looking going into the last week of the regular season, and potentially getting the Number 1 seed, the only thing Broncos in the entire 1 hour show was our three passing touchdown highlights, a total of 20ish seconds.

They spent more time talking about everything else (obviously) but most notably rookie QB's (RGIII, Luck, Wilson), coaching changes, and five minutes of a Chuggers/ Jets game with sound.

Hell, our game had to have been way more interesting than the Jets/ Chuggers. Even if ours wasn't close.

There was more interest/ coverage in the Vikings/ Texans (thanks AD) but we are better than the Texans.

Overall, I am more disappointed that there was a serious lack of interest in one of the better stories going into the playoffs, especially since we are at the top of our game, on a serious win streak, and roughly the top of power rankings. And how close the race for our Number 1 is.

Anyone else feeling this lack of love, or just getting fed up with it. Better start respecting. Also, other thoughts.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2012, 08:00 PM   #2
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Honestly dont care about the lack of attention. If Denver wins out they will get too much of it. Just how it goes.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:05 PM   #3
Orange&BlueMohawk

Well, I can see it now, from every (anal)yst, commentator, and douche they allow to talk on TV like we care about their opinions.

'I have been saying it all year: look out for the Broncos. I have been on their side since Day 1.'

The only real opinion I pay attention to is Steve Mariucchi. Mainly because he is smart and not a tool.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:06 PM   #4
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

i like flying under the radar just keep chopping that wood and cutting that meat
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:10 PM   #5
Orange&BlueMohawk

I guess we will get plenty once the playoffs start, but still.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:15 PM   #6
XXXII&III
Pro Bowler

It'll just make them all look like fools when they fall all over themselves jumping on the bandwagon.
XXXII&III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:49 PM   #7
DomCasual
The Dude abides.

Shameless Homer

Every time I hear someone talk about disrespect, I think of this thread: http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthr...322#post918322
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:50 PM   #8
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

The media hates us.

(That was for you, Zach)

Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:55 PM   #9
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

I do get tired of hearing opposing fans say we can't beat good teams because we lost to Atl,NE, and Hou early in the season.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:58 PM   #10
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

It's honestly all ESPN. They cover the cowboys and all the geographically close to bristol teams (NE, NYG).

It's nothing against the Broncos. The rest of the attention is based on the players. For example, you would hear nothing about the Broncos, Redskins, Colts, Seahawks, Saints if it wasn't for Manning, RGIII, Luck, Wilson and Brees

ESPN is pretty tough to watch, with a lot of fluff and BS but they just gravitate to the main guys. No one would pay attention to the Minnesota Vikings if Peterson was not on the team and even then, it really took them being in contention.
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:04 PM   #11
Dr.5280
Seasoned Veteran

Revenge Tour II.
Dr.5280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:05 PM   #12
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
It's honestly all ESPN. They cover the cowboys and all the geographically close to bristol teams (NE, NYG).

It's nothing against the Broncos. The rest of the attention is based on the players. For example, you would hear nothing about the Broncos, Redskins, Colts, Seahawks, Saints if it wasn't for Manning, RGIII, Luck, Wilson and Brees

ESPN is pretty tough to watch, with a lot of fluff and BS but they just gravitate to the main guys. No one would pay attention to the Minnesota Vikings if Peterson was not on the team and even then, it really took them being in contention.
And Tebow. He still has his own section in the ESPN scroll
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:11 PM   #13
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I do get tired of hearing opposing fans say we can't beat good teams because we lost to Atl,NE, and Hou early in the season.
I love it that they think that.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:39 PM   #14
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

I love flying under the radar. Sure lack of respect sucks, but it makes kicking ass that much sweeter and helps keep the bandwagon fans in New England and San Francisco
BroncoMan4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:40 PM   #15
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I love it that they think that.
Those good teams don't buy that thought process either
BroncoMan4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:17 PM   #16
Mile High Salute

(Yawn)

The Broncos haven't done anything yet. Beat Kansas City to clinch a first round bye, then beat the Pats in the divisional round at Mile High, and the respect will come. This is how I'd prefer it to be, actually. It will keep the team focused and with something to prove.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:04 PM   #17
tesnyde
Paradigm Coordinator

Keepit nuttier than a squirrel turd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange&BlueMohawk View Post
Okay I have slowly been stockpiling my furiosity over the last couple weeks. If I'm not careful, I am going to start boiling over.

For as good as we are doing, and how we are looking going into the last week of the regular season, and potentially getting the Number 1 seed, the only thing Broncos in the entire 1 hour show was our three passing touchdown highlights, a total of 20ish seconds.

They spent more time talking about everything else (obviously) but most notably rookie QB's (RGIII, Luck, Wilson), coaching changes, and five minutes of a Chuggers/ Jets game with sound.

Hell, our game had to have been way more interesting than the Jets/ Chuggers. Even if ours wasn't close.

There was more interest/ coverage in the Vikings/ Texans (thanks AD) but we are better than the Texans.

Overall, I am more disappointed that there was a serious lack of interest in one of the better stories going into the playoffs, especially since we are at the top of our game, on a serious win streak, and roughly the top of power rankings. And how close the race for our Number 1 is.

Anyone else feeling this lack of love, or just getting fed up with it. Better start respecting. Also, other thoughts.
I find it frustrating to have just a quick blurb at the end of the show, which has been the case the on several occasions, however I chalk it up to many of your opponents. Other than the Ravens, most have been dogs that haven't warranted any respect. It's more about them sucking and less about disrespecting us.
tesnyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:00 AM   #18
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Well, I can see it now, from every (anal)yst, commentator, and douche they allow to talk on TV like we care about their opinions.

'I have been saying it all year: look out for the Broncos. I have been on their side since Day 1.'

The only real opinion I pay attention to is Steve Mariucchi. Mainly because he is smart and not a tool.
Seriously. Dude it is a game. Not life or death.

Time to get a life outside football.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:41 AM   #19
extralife
Ring of Famer

we played the Browns last week, and we're playing KC this week. what do you expect?
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:38 AM   #20
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Inside the NFL when it was on HBO with Len Dawson was a riot. He picked the Cheifs to win like 99 out of 100 times lol. I had no idea it was even still on. What channel?
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:41 AM   #21
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

On the subject of highlights remember how hard it was to find them back in the late 70's 80's when a lot of us started watching football? I would stay up and switch between the sports news trying to get all the highlights only to finally see the lame 5 second clip of maybe one play.

Then yeah I would wait for Inside The NFL all excited and they would screw the Broncos every time. The only games the every showed the highlights of were the Raiders Broncos. The bad news is back then they seemed to beat us all the time lol.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:14 AM   #22
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
And Tebow. He still has his own section in the ESPN scroll
Yep. You can add Tebow to that initial prime club of Cowboys/NE/NYG.

It's so funny to see the Cowboys/Redskins hype it up game of the week is all completely slanted from the Cowboys direction on that station.

Everything is from a "how do the cowboys win" and "cowboys can win the NFC east by defeating redskins" perspective

If it wasn't for RGIII, ESPN would have you think the Redskins are some lucky ass, garbage team in the way of the almighty Dallas Cowboys

Last edited by RedskinBronco; 12-27-2012 at 06:18 AM..
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:20 AM   #23
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:

Isn't this thread the very definition of "caring about their opinions"?

Sorry man, we're playing so well, so efficiently right now, we're kind of boring to those who aren't a fan of the team. "Oh, the Broncos won again? Oh." Meanwhile, RG3 is pulling victory after victory out of his helmet, and Andrew Luck is having an astounding rookie campaign.

I prefer the lack of attention. As long as I can see the games, nothing else really matters.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:28 AM   #24
Kaylore
Genetically Superior

Because I am better.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

The Broncos aren't flawed and beat teams in an undramatic fashion. They are boring by media standards.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:35 AM   #25
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Who watches Inside the NFL anyway?
Tombstone RJ is online now   Reply With Quote