The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2012, 04:18 PM   #151
jerseyboiler120

Living here in new jersey I've had the opportunity to watch the entire Tebow-jets experiment. My best friend is a big jets fan so I've watched just about every snap for the team this season. I've also been able to listen to the hourly discusiions in the press about the experiment.

Bottom line is they never gave Tebow a chance here. The moment he started the season as part of the punt team, it was clear that he would not only be passed over as a QB, but there may be serious efforts by the coaching staff to ruin Tebow's career. His only pass anyone remembers that was over 10 yards was right on the money but the receiver dropped the ball (as most jets receivers do). The worst part of the entire debacle is sanchez is an absolutely horrible QB. He can't hit the broad side of a barn. Everyone here had to watch every pass, and most of them were well off the mark (no pun intended).

I can only hope Tebow gets another shot somewhere, with a coaching staff that watched his Bronco film. For anyone thinking Tebow can't throw the ball, how do you explain many of the long pass completions he had as a Bronco
Old 12-26-2012, 04:49 PM   #152
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyboiler120 View Post
Living here in new jersey I've had the opportunity to watch the entire Tebow-jets experiment. My best friend is a big jets fan so I've watched just about every snap for the team this season. I've also been able to listen to the hourly discusiions in the press about the experiment.

Bottom line is they never gave Tebow a chance here. The moment he started the season as part of the punt team, it was clear that he would not only be passed over as a QB, but there may be serious efforts by the coaching staff to ruin Tebow's career. His only pass anyone remembers that was over 10 yards was right on the money but the receiver dropped the ball (as most jets receivers do). The worst part of the entire debacle is sanchez is an absolutely horrible QB. He can't hit the broad side of a barn. Everyone here had to watch every pass, and most of them were well off the mark (no pun intended).

I can only hope Tebow gets another shot somewhere, with a coaching staff that watched his Bronco film. For anyone thinking Tebow can't throw the ball, how do you explain many of the long pass completions he had as a Bronco
A broken clock is going to be right twice a day.yeah he throws a deep pass very well,but can't throw anything short or intermediate accurately on a consistent basis. If all it took to be an NFL QB was throwing 20-30 hail Marys a game,tebow would be a pro-bowler. I've watched every game tebow has played in,as much as Sanchez sucks at QB,tebow is worse.
BTW,there's no conspiracy to ruin tebow.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:05 PM   #153
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:

For every long pass, which weren't many, there were 5 in the dirt, 5 that sailed into a Gatorade cooler. Or he held onto the ball too long Resulting in a sack. He's a sub 50 percentage. That in itself proves he can't throw consistently. No one doubts he can't throw the ball far, it's the precise timing passing that is needed to succeed in this league.

As far as the jets conspiracy? That's been played out when people assumed Elway was trying to sabatoge him. You say jets recievers drop balls, then say Sanchez sucks. I agree he sucks, but isn't he throwing to the same recievers as tebow? Tebow looks to run most of his plays. So if its a passing plays he lumber jacks it into a run play

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 12-26-2012 at 05:10 PM..
Old 12-26-2012, 05:19 PM   #154
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
As far as the jets conspiracy? That's been played out when people assumed Elway was trying to sabatoge him.
I was one of the first to call bull**** on that conspiracy theory when that G'untar (or whatever his name was) dude came here from Broncos Country trying to sell it.

I will say this though, at a certain point... the Jets knew they couldn't save their season. Like last week... there was simply no reason not to stick Tebow in there. But, from Ryan's perspective... you have to wonder, what would the upside have been?

In other words, if Tebow does well... Ryan looks like an idiot for not having started him. Yet, it's too late for a real playoff run. It's the same reason Tebow won't play this week. They are washing their hands of him, which is only odd because... why trade for him in the first place?

I'm just a little more inclined to believe some kind of behind the scenes politics/business plays into the Jets situation more than it did with ours. They committed a lot of money to Sanchez and had to try to justify it, I believe.
Now, I also realize Tebow might not be able to run their offense. So, they may have been in a pinch. But, if the Broncos staff could throw together a game plan... the Jets staff could have. They chose not to, which doesn't affect my life in any way.

I will say... I hope Tebow plays next year. It's just fun to watch. It's that simple. He was a good Bronco and I wish him well. No worship, no hatred. Just a fun football player to watch.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:13 PM   #155
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouth View Post
I've watched that last drive against the jets from last year a couple times the last few days
THAT'S what you masturbate to? Weird.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:42 PM   #156
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The criticisms of Tebow are largely not even based about football and has more to do with his religion and those that are threatened by it not liking him for it. If it was simply about his lack of accuracy as a QB, there still wouldn't be people talking about him and enjoying stating how terrible he is or trying to insinuate how dumb he is and can't read a simple playbook. I have seen other players who don't play but not get as much ink for lack of ability or perceived lack of ability, but they don't get talked about like Tebow does. He's a Christian who doesn't believe in abortion, so he must be smeared as much as possible and made to look bad and his fans belittled. The 1st Amendment and freedom of speech for some in this country applies to everyone except if you are an outspoken Christian. I swear those opposed to Christianity and don't believe in it spend as much worrying about, if not more, about it than those that believe in it. Heck, I see atheist writers writing tons of books about a subject they don't believe in. I just find that weird.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:57 PM   #157
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouth View Post

On a side note, the broncos went from #1 rushing offense last year to mid twenties this year I think. I'm not saying I don't like having the offense we have this year, just an interesting stat.
We're 18th in rushing, just saying....and of course you left out an even more interesting stat that we also went from 31st in passing to 6th overall...another interesting stat is we went from 25th in scoring to 2nd overall, and we went from 23rd in total offense to 4th.

And we did it with the same featured RB..and WR's...the big difference? QB Peyton Manning.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:03 PM   #158
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
The criticisms of Tebow are largely not even based about football and has more to do with his religion and those that are threatened by it not liking him for it. If it was simply about his lack of accuracy as a QB, there still wouldn't be people talking about him and enjoying stating how terrible he is or trying to insinuate how dumb he is and can't read a simple playbook. I have seen other players who don't play but not get as much ink for lack of ability or perceived lack of ability, but they don't get talked about like Tebow does. He's a Christian who doesn't believe in abortion, so he must be smeared as much as possible and made to look bad and his fans belittled. The 1st Amendment and freedom of speech for some in this country applies to everyone except if you are an outspoken Christian. I swear those opposed to Christianity and don't believe in it spend as much worrying about, if not more, about it than those that believe in it. Heck, I see atheist writers writing tons of books about a subject they don't believe in. I just find that weird.
You can't defend the fact that tebow is a bust,so you claim it's his religion. BS!
Old 12-26-2012, 07:07 PM   #159
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
do you seriously believe this?

I'm sure there are some out there that hate baesd on his beliefs....but I think it's a pretty strong minority. What I see is people chaffing more and more about a marginal player getting ridiculous amounts of press; a back up with press conferences scheduled after games where he may have taken 2 snaps. They only people who think Tebow is hated for his religion are the people who only like him for his religion.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:12 PM   #160
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
You can't defend the fact that tebow is a bust,so you claim it's his religion. BS!
While you have spent how many posts the last few years talking badly about Tebow just because of his QB play despite hardly playing? Sure.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:16 PM   #161
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
do you seriously believe this?

I'm sure there are some out there that hate baesd on his beliefs....but I think it's a pretty strong minority. What I see is people chaffing more and more about a marginal player getting ridiculous amounts of press; a back up with press conferences scheduled after games where he may have taken 2 snaps. They only people who think Tebow is hated for his religion are the people who only like him for his religion.
That is my point. A guy who doesn't play that much getting as much hate as he gets, but oh, it's just because he doesn't throw the ball well. Whatever. Since that doesn't wash with most sane people, then the tactic is to go after his character to help convince others or themselves it isn't personal and he has to be a bad guy no matter the stretch or lies used. It's pretty clear this has been going on for awhile now.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:21 PM   #162
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
For anyone thinking Tebow can't throw the ball, how do you explain many of the long pass completions he had as a Bronco

Wow, really? How is it Manning is hitting on 68.1% of his passes while throwing to the same starting WR's Tebow could only complete 46.5%?
Old 12-26-2012, 07:32 PM   #163
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
The criticisms of Tebow are largely not even based about football and has more to do with his religion and those that are threatened by it not liking him for it.
....prove this please.

I'll go out on a limb and say that the majority of the "haters" don't necessarily hate him as much as they hate his obnoxious and annoying fans who come up with some of the stupidest theories as to why he's not playing, not completing passes and looks lost on the field, all the while ignoring the real reason....he sucks at playing QB at the NFL level.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:41 PM   #164
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

barryr... what a joke of poster. Teebs is a JUNK QB! How much simpler can it be boiled down to?
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:48 PM   #165
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
That is my point. A guy who doesn't play that much getting as much hate as he gets, but oh, it's just because he doesn't throw the ball well. Whatever. Since that doesn't wash with most sane people, then the tactic is to go after his character to help convince others or themselves it isn't personal and he has to be a bad guy no matter the stretch or lies used. It's pretty clear this has been going on for awhile now.

Who on here has said Tebow is a bad guy?

Who on here has questioned his character?

Again you talk about hatred aimed towards Tebow...but seriously, has any "hater" ever advocated that someone take a crowbar to his knees, or even his head like a Tebow fan wanted to do to Orton? Hell one of those clowns even had a crowbar as his avatar.

Did any "hater" ever propose the idea that the Broncos would be better off if Elway and Fox died in a plane crash like a Tebow fan did?

Did any of the "haters" call this organization classless, and say "F the Broncos" when Orton was benched, then waived and Tebow was inserted as the starter like a Tebow fan did when the Broncos signed Manning and traded Tebow?

so either produce these alleged "I hate that Christian Tebow guy" posts you claim have been made or stop perpetuating a ****ing myth.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:36 PM   #166
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

I hate anti Tebow , beat it to death when it's pointless guy AS WELL AS blinders wearing , not seeing Tebow has some major flaws, who can't be reasoned with Tebow lover equally at this point after living through this for however long it has been.

I tend to fall into a 3rd group who thinks Tebow is a NFL quarterback who is at this point non conventional , and maybe never will be. Who has issues with accuracy and reading Ds which causes him to miss timing routes and open receivers sometimes.
A lot of this being from his mechanics and not being ask to throw in rhythm to a spot where a Wr should be much... Can this stuff be fixed ? No one knows.

The kid is a fighter and seems to have a feel for big moments and I for one enjoyed his time in Denver. I also love having rid of some of the drama that surrounds him in no fault of his.... But I'll say this much , I'd never bet against the kid's heart and will to overcome.

And I say this as a borderline agnostic / atheist who hates the spread option style of football and didn't like Tebow in college ....
TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:42 PM   #167
XXXII&III
Pro Bowler

I love the kid's heart. I hope he ends up someplace where they are willing to work with him and develop him.... he really hasn't had much of that.

It bothers me when people and I"m looking at you Meril Hoge drop any pretense of being a professional and go right for the personal. Speaking of Meril Hoge, my new project is to tweet him every day and call him an a-hole. Today is Day 2. I don't care whether he gives a crap, but it makes me feel better.
XXXII&III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:43 PM   #168
Drunken.Broncoholic

So what about those deeply religious people who don't like Tebow's football skills?

Barry that is a cop out attack. Pitiful. You are a perfect example of why there's hatred. His fans calling out crap propaganda like this.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 12-26-2012 at 11:46 PM..
Old 12-27-2012, 01:40 AM   #169
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXII&III View Post
I love the kid's heart. I hope he ends up someplace where they are willing to work with him and develop him.... he really hasn't had much of that.

It bothers me when people and I"m looking at you Meril Hoge drop any pretense of being a professional and go right for the personal. Speaking of Meril Hoge, my new project is to tweet him every day and call him an a-hole. Today is Day 2. I don't care whether he gives a crap, but it makes me feel better.
I don't do the Twitter thing , But maybe you should add this to your daily tweet to Hoge ... It would make me feel better also and most likely help bring about world peace in some small way.

TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:06 AM   #170
BroncoBuff

Playing for January

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

I'm good with our Tebow history ... Demaryious and Decker were drafted adjacent to him, and his expendability made way for Manning.

Besides, we'll always have this Top 10 franchise moment:

BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:25 AM   #171
BroncoBuff

Playing for January

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

This pic fascinates me .... caption anyone?

"Take your hand off my butt Mark. For now."
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:48 AM   #172
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Wow, really? How is it Manning is hitting on 68.1% of his passes while throwing to the same starting WR's Tebow could only complete 46.5%?
Because one is Peyton ****ing Manning and the other is Tim Tebow?

A lot of very good QBs had bad completion percentages in their first season or two. Hell, Eli Manning was a straight pocket QB and his first season had a completion percentage down around 48%. That was with a team that built the offense to his strengths and gave him a ton of pre-season snaps. Meanwhile you're grading Tebow on an offense that was designed for Jake Delhomme and Kyle Orton, where Tebow got basically zero first team snaps up until becoming the starter.

Tebow has yet to be given a real shot in a spread option offense (his strength) on a team that actually wants him as their QB. The Broncos moving on makes sense in that Elway wanted "his guy" long term and landed Peyton Manning short term. The Jets clearly engaged in false advertising with Tebow, being far more interested in the stress a wildcat QB like Tebow could put on opposing defensive gameplans than they were in developing him as a QB. Its a damn shame that the guy has gotten such a raw deal in the NFL, hopefully it turns around and he gets a chance to really try being a QB for the first time since being drafted.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:04 AM   #173
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
It's also weird that they hate the following players for also being outspoken Christians:

Robert Griffin III
Drew Brees
Aaron Rodgers
Brian Dawkins
Troy Polamalu

I can't tell you how much I hate Peyton Manning because of his beliefs. Obviously.

You're a ****ing moron, by the way.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:12 AM   #174
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
It's also weird that they hate the following players for also being outspoken Christians:

Robert Griffin III
Drew Brees
Aaron Rodgers
Brian Dawkins
Troy Polamalu

I can't tell you how much I hate Peyton Manning because of his beliefs. Obviously.

You're a ****ing moron, by the way.
Yeah, I was just going to make that point. There are and have been countless outspoken Christians in the NFL. Hell, was anyone more outspoken than Reggie White? He was literally a minister, FFS. But for some reason folks take their hatred of religion all out on Tebow. Brilliant stuff as always, barry

I'm an atheist, and I could care less if a player is religious or not. If they are a Bronco and they can play and give an honest effort, that's good enough for me. While I have a lot of questions about Tebow's long-term ability as an NFL QB, I like him and do think he's gotten a raw deal to some extent. 2011 was the most fun I've had as a fan since the Super Bowls. All those crazy comebacks. I hope some team gives him a fair shot to prove himself as a starter.

Last edited by BroncoInferno; 12-27-2012 at 07:15 AM..
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:45 AM   #175
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
Because one is Peyton ****ing Manning and the other is Tim Tebow?

A lot of very good QBs had bad completion percentages in their first season or two. Hell, Eli Manning was a straight pocket QB and his first season had a completion percentage down around 48%. That was with a team that built the offense to his strengths and gave him a ton of pre-season snaps. Meanwhile you're grading Tebow on an offense that was designed for Jake Delhomme and Kyle Orton, where Tebow got basically zero first team snaps up until becoming the starter.

Tebow has yet to be given a real shot in a spread option offense (his strength) on a team that actually wants him as their QB. The Broncos moving on makes sense in that Elway wanted "his guy" long term and landed Peyton Manning short term. The Jets clearly engaged in false advertising with Tebow, being far more interested in the stress a wildcat QB like Tebow could put on opposing defensive gameplans than they were in developing him as a QB. Its a damn shame that the guy has gotten such a raw deal in the NFL, hopefully it turns around and he gets a chance to really try being a QB for the first time since being drafted.
BS,tebow was given every opportunity to succeed in Denver. They changed everything on the offense to accomadate him.he never showed any improvement & was traded.
Ryan traded for tebow to run a wildcat offense, & was told he would be the backup. In practice he never improved and as such he was not given the starting spot.