The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2012, 02:29 PM   #126
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
He's worth the #1 pick as much as Cam was.

Tell me what Cam did better than Geno coming out. I'll wait.

my bad, I meant

And I think Cam's mega overrated too, so what does that tell you? I pray that the Chiefs draft Geno.

Very little could make me NFL-happier in April.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:31 PM   #127
FearLanier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post

my bad, I meant

And I think Cam's mega overrated too, so what does that tell you? I pray that the Chiefs draft Geno.

Geno doesn't have the me-first attitude that Cam does, he's smarter than Cam and he's invested in the game completely unlike Cam.

So a Cam comparison is kind of a stretch.
Old 12-26-2012, 02:32 PM   #128
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

How do you know Geno is smarter than Cam Newton?
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:33 PM   #129
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
He's worth the #1 pick as much as Cam was.

Tell me what Cam did better than Geno coming out. I'll wait.
They both suck just not as bad as Tebow
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:35 PM   #130
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
Geno doesn't have the me-first attitude that Cam does, he's smarter than Cam and he's invested in the game completely unlike Cam.

So a Cam comparison is kind of a stretch.
You're right. One was clutch carrying his team to their first ever BCS Championship in an undefeated season.

The other completely pissed his team out of any form of contention.

I'm really looking forward to the latter coming to AFCW.

Maybe "Red Drank" this time?
Old 12-26-2012, 02:36 PM   #131
FearLanier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
How do you know Geno is smarter than Cam Newton?
"A visionary, he was called. After taking an intelligence test, he was labeled gifted. If his mother wished, Smith could have skipped a grade. She decided against it, preferring he mature with his peers — a notion that did not go as planned, considering Smith often grew bored after finishing his schoolwork faster than most of his classmates.

“His visions of things have always been beyond his years,” Tracey Sellers said of her son, who is now West Virginia’s quarterback and a serious Heisman Trophy contender for the ninth-ranked Mountaineers (3-0), who host No. 25 Baylor (3-0) on Saturday."

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/29/sp...anted=all&_r=0
Old 12-26-2012, 02:38 PM   #132
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
"A visionary, he was called. After taking an intelligence test, he was labeled gifted. If his mother wished, Smith could have skipped a grade. She decided against it, preferring he mature with his peers — a notion that did not go as planned, considering Smith often grew bored after finishing his schoolwork faster than most of his classmates.

“His visions of things have always been beyond his years,” Tracey Sellers said of her son, who is now West Virginia’s quarterback and a serious Heisman Trophy contender for the ninth-ranked Mountaineers (3-0), who host No. 25 Baylor (3-0) on Saturday."

^

Color me convinced! His visions! Geno Smith is the second coming sent to save the Chiefs!
Old 12-26-2012, 02:39 PM   #133
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Again, this class is extremely weak on the offensive side and at QB in terms of those franchise type players.
Matt Barkley was the #1 overall pick back in September, and now he's a fringe first rounder I think.
There are some decent prospects, but none of them that absolutely wow you and say "You have to take this guy!".
Smith seems the best to me, I never understood why Landry Jones gets downvoted so much when he's had similar paths and strengths/weaknesses to all the other QB's like Wilson and Barkley.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:40 PM   #134
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
Again, this class is extremely weak on the offensive side and at QB in terms of those franchise type players.
Matt Barkley was the #1 overall pick back in September, and now he's a fringe first rounder I think.
There are some decent prospects, but none of them that absolutely wow you and say "You have to take this guy!".
Smith seems the best to me, I never understood why Landry Jones gets downvoted so much when he's had similar paths and strengths/weaknesses to all the other QB's like Wilson and Barkley.
They're ALL fringe first rounders. Not even a Sam Bradford or Stafford among them. GREAT year for the Chiefs to draft #1.
Old 12-26-2012, 02:46 PM   #135
FearLanier

Quote:
You're right. One was clutch carrying his team to their first ever BCS Championship in an undefeated season.

The other completely pissed his team out of any form of contention.

I'm really looking forward to the latter coming to AFCW.

Maybe "Red Drank" this time?
Well Rev,I see you have never watched a WVU game before. If you did, maybe you'd see that their defense is the worst in college football, his running game is non-existent, his OL is average at best, his ST's has given up 3 TD's as well as his kicker not being able to make chip shots and his HC has no idea how to fix any of it.

Geno put his team in a position to win twice against TCU and multiple times vs OU.

But hey, I guess that's Geno's fault too.
Old 12-26-2012, 02:47 PM   #136
FearLanier

Quote:
They're ALL fringe first rounders. Not even a Sam Bradford or Stafford among them. GREAT year for the Chiefs to draft #1.
Geno Smith>Sam Bradford
Old 12-26-2012, 02:48 PM   #137
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Well Rev,I see you have never watched a WVU game before. If you did, maybe you'd see that their defense is the worst in college football, his running game is non-existent, his OL is average at best, his ST's has given up 3 TD's as well as his kicker not being able to make chip shots and his HC has no idea how to fix any of it.

Geno put his team in a position to win twice against TCU and multiple times vs OU.

But hey, I guess that's Geno's fault too.
Quote:
Geno Smith>Sam Bradford
Lol, you're right, you should totally draft him
Old 12-26-2012, 02:53 PM   #138
FearLanier

Quote:
Lol, you're right, you should totally draft him
Why would you take Bradford over Geno?
Old 12-26-2012, 03:13 PM   #139
delany
Uber Bronco

Quote:
Geno Smith>Sam Bradford
Amazing how in love with Geno you are now...seeing as you were on Barkley's jock as late as Oct\Nov. Then when you saw his stock drop, you switched to Geno. You fall in and out of love quicker than a teenage girl.

Like all other Chief fans, you can convince yourself of anything. No need to think for yourself at all. Just read a mock draft that shows the Chiefs picking a QB and proudly proclaim...Thats my guy!!! No wait.....Thats my guy!!! No wait....Thats my guy!!!
delany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:35 PM   #140
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Quote:

my bad, I meant

And neither are relevant in terms of NFL success.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:40 PM   #141
FearLanier

Quote:
Originally Posted by delany View Post
Amazing how in love with Geno you are now...seeing as you were on Barkley's jock as late as Oct\Nov. Then when you saw his stock drop, you switched to Geno. You fall in and out of love quicker than a teenage girl.

Like all other Chief fans, you can convince yourself of anything. No need to think for yourself at all. Just read a mock draft that shows the Chiefs picking a QB and proudly proclaim...Thats my guy!!! No wait.....Thats my guy!!! No wait....Thats my guy!!!
Barkley was a great pick, but I jumped off his bandwagon when I found out that he was cheating.

He had great arm strength because USC ball boys deflated the ball some.

I still think he can be an Andy Dalton like QB in a good situation. He's really smart and has leadership.
Old 12-26-2012, 03:43 PM   #142
FearLanier

I think it's pretty silly that everybody here thinks these QB's are the next Brady Quinn/JaMarcus Russell.
Old 12-26-2012, 03:45 PM   #143
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
I think it's pretty silly that everybody here thinks these QB's are the next Brady Quinn/JaMarcus Russell.
Say that again in 2015 when you're drafting your next one.
Old 12-26-2012, 03:58 PM   #144
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:

So what? Because his Mom "wished he could skip a grade." And his visions beyond his years? What does that even mean? How does that make him better than Cam Newton?

Ryan Fitzpatrick is a genius and scored the highest ever on the wonderlic. That doesn't make him a football genius.

Last edited by Kaylore; 12-26-2012 at 04:00 PM..
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:24 PM   #145
FearLanier

Quote:
Say that again in 2015 when you're drafting your next one.
You still haven't explained what you don't like about Geno or Wilson.
Old 12-26-2012, 04:25 PM   #146
FearLanier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
So what? Because his Mom "wished he could skip a grade." And his visions beyond his years? What does that even mean? How does that make him better than Cam Newton?

Ryan Fitzpatrick is a genius and scored the highest ever on the wonderlic. That doesn't make him a football genius.
He's an extremely smart guy who has always proven to understand things better than everyone in school. He's proven his football IQ at college. He's played in the spread and a completely different system with a ton of pro style plays/looks and looked great in both.

Ryan Fitzpatrick was a horrible QB in college and he played in the Ivy League. He doesn't have the talent Geno does.

Last edited by FearLanier; 12-26-2012 at 04:32 PM..
Old 12-26-2012, 04:30 PM   #147
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:

He's a regular Joey Harrington
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:32 PM   #148
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
You still haven't explained what you don't like about Geno or Wilson.
Because it's an incredibly long laundry list of "lol you're not a #1 pick", but for a sample:

How about inconsistent mechanics and the subsequent accuracy issues that he's exhibited especially downfield, entirely shotgun experience, backfoot penchant without a "Cutler" tier arm to compensate. His gaudy numbers are a reflection of the passing scheme and Big-12 more than anything else. His "athleticism" will get exposed at the combine.

Also, for every ONE Clemson game, there's two Texas Tech and K-State.
Old 12-26-2012, 04:34 PM   #149
Rolandftw

Quote:
They could be. It's all a crapshoot really. Guess I don't see Geno as someone that has a better skill set then Sam Bradford or Cam Newton even. I think if either talent was available in this class, they would go #1
Old 12-26-2012, 04:37 PM   #150
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Wrong. The ball comes out of his hands in two seconds.

That's a great throw and shows that he's not just a spread QB, too.

Keep digging the hole. There are dozens and dozens of snaps of this kid going through more than one read but you're sticking your head in the sand. Probably because you're scared ****less of the Chiefs getting a franchise QB for once.
Just curious what you will do if your new GM disagrees with you on this guy, and passes on him? Maybe he will trade for Flynn instead? You never know.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote