The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2012, 01:25 PM   #126
bombay
Ring of Famer

Thank you John Elway for making Tebow someone else's problem.
bombay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 04:43 PM   #127
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

Tebow's true colors have been shown, his team first talk was all just that. He couldn't fake it for 2 more weeks... I like the guy but he looks bad in this situation.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 04:58 PM   #128
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombay View Post
Thank you John Elway for making Tebow someone else's problem.
Nothing else needs to be said end thread.
Old 12-25-2012, 05:58 AM   #129
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterscotch Stallion View Post
I hate spelling smack as much as the next guy...but there are a few rules. Don't misspell genius, and don't misspell when you are calling someone an idiot.
It was bad grammar on my part,but it doesn't change the fact that he's an idiot. Nice try though.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:20 AM   #130
Butterscotch Stallion

I'm not sure he is. He isn't the one bashing a guy for no reason.
Old 12-25-2012, 08:24 AM   #131
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:43 AM   #132
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I'm not sure he is. He isn't the one bashing a guy for no reason.
Read his posts and you'll see that I had a reason.
Old 12-25-2012, 09:48 AM   #133
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

When it's all said and done, I'm thinking Josh McDaniels will have been the only guy who ever wanted him for football reasons.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:34 AM   #134
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

I haven't gone through the whole thread, so forgive me if this has already been addressed:

To me, Tebow needs to make certain he is wanted by the coaching staff before signing on with Jacksonville. The word in the offseason was that is was the owner who wanted Tebow and the coaches/front office were having him forced on them. If I recall correctly, I think Mularkey denied that in the press, but what else is he gonna say? That last thing Tebow needs is to go to a team where he's just there as a sideshow to sell tickets. He and his people really need to grill the Jacksonville coaching staff to make sure they really want him there.

If the owner is gung-ho on having Tebow, he needs to make sure he has a coaching staff willing to buy in. He won't sell tickets riding the bench or as an occasional wildcat sideshow. If that means firing his current staff, so be it. The question is, is there a coach out there willing to chain their career to Tim Tebow? Josh McDaniels is the only obvious candidate. He pushed his chips in for Tebow once, but he got fired before the cards were called. He probably will get another HC shot at some point, but that will probably be his last chance. Would he be willing to risk it all again on Tebow? Has his opinion of Tebow changed since he originally drafted him? It was interesting that the Pats didn't make a play for him, but maybe that was all Bellichek's call.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:38 AM   #135
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
When it's all said and done, I'm thinking Josh McDaniels will have been the only guy who ever wanted him for football reasons.
You may be right, and that's why it wouldn't shock me if the Jag's owner cleans house and brings in McDaniels to let him finish his Tebow experiment. What's he got to lose, really? If it fails, he'll at least get a couple seasons of sold-out stadiums out of it, which is better than the status quo.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:52 AM   #136
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
The Jets also are saying privately that Tebow has difficulty digesting more complex offensive schemes and lingo.
I find this interesting. Here's what McDaniels said about Tebow after drafting him:

Quote:
"When I went to Gainesville Monday to work him out,'' McDaniels said, referring to his hush-hush trip to spend the day with Tebow, "we spent about seven hours together. We went over a lot of things. Now, understand that our offense is pretty complicated, and the terminology and the scheme is totally different from what he did at Florida. But about midway through my time there, we're going through plays, and he starts using our terminology. He's so smart about football that he was able to begin to speak my language and talk apples to apples. He'd already translated what he knew of our scheme into my words. That's something that carried a lot of weight with me.''

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz2GAZc6uyV
Maybe Tebow's people knew that McD would grill him on this stuff, and so they prepped him in advance to regurgitate the responses McD would want? On the other hand, there's a big difference between talking about football in a chair and processing a lot of complex info in less than two seconds with large men chasing after you. Just thought it was interesting to see these comments from the Jets versus what McDaniels said a couple of years ago.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:46 AM   #137
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
I find this interesting. Here's what McDaniels said about Tebow after drafting him:

Maybe Tebow's people knew that McD would grill him on this stuff, and so they prepped him in advance to regurgitate the responses McD would want? On the other hand, there's a big difference between talking about football in a chair and processing a lot of complex info in less than two seconds with large men chasing after you. Just thought it was interesting to see these comments from the Jets versus what McDaniels said a couple of years ago.
I had said much the same thing a few days ago.

Pretty sure that the meeting with josh was impromptu nothing scheduled well in advance. He might have had a day or two notice but even then how would he have known the terminology. Perhaps study some film but to know the terminology?

He also said that during the interview he was able to read the the defenses that were put up and how to defeat them.

Myself I think it was all crap from the jets staff to justify not,using him.

I also suspect that they did not try all that hard after the owner forced him on them.

Any coach in JAX would've a fool not to buy in as Tebow is loved there more than he is. Those fans are just as rabid as any and maybe even moreso than most. When it comes to Tebow He would start a fire in that program.

Now if he does indeed fail after getting decent coaching fans would understand any changes made.

We all know he had the same rap here lousy practice player, but thekidmwas a gamer. He showed up on Sundays and his teammates bought into it also.

I hope he just gets a fair shake about it. Then the chips can fall the way they should and he is either a damned good QB or a great minister.

Some how with the work ethic I've seen I suspect the former. .
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:51 AM   #138
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Let me add

I think everyone on here knows that he was put in to quiet the crowd after he failed in agame or two. We also know that it failed to happen.

John and John were going to show all those "fans" that based on his practice skills, he was surely fail in a real game. then they could easily move in to the "real" #2 QB on the staff Quinn.

An epic fail move by the coaching staff
Old 12-26-2012, 07:51 AM   #139
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Let me add

I think everyone on here knows that he was put in to quiet the crowd after he failed in agame or two. We also know that it failed to happen.

John and John were going to show all those "fans" that based on his practice skills, he was surely fail in a real game. then they could easily move in to the "real" #2 QB on the staff Quinn.

Old 12-26-2012, 08:08 AM   #140
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
I had said much the same thing a few days ago.

Pretty sure that the meeting with josh was impromptu nothing scheduled well in advance. He might have had a day or two notice but even then how would he have known the terminology. Perhaps study some film but to know the terminology?

He also said that during the interview he was able to read the the defenses that were put up and how to defeat them.

Myself I think it was all crap from the jets staff to justify not,using him.

I also suspect that they did not try all that hard after the owner forced him on them.

Any coach in JAX would've a fool not to buy in as Tebow is loved there more than he is. Those fans are just as rabid as any and maybe even moreso than most. When it comes to Tebow He would start a fire in that program.

Now if he does indeed fail after getting decent coaching fans would understand any changes made.

We all know he had the same rap here lousy practice player, but thekidmwas a gamer. He showed up on Sundays and his teammates bought into it also.

I hope he just gets a fair shake about it. Then the chips can fall the way they should and he is either a damned good QB or a great minister.

Some how with the work ethic I've seen I suspect the former. .
It's one thing to know what to do in a classroom environment,but once the bullets start flying it's a different animal. There have been plenty of QBs drafted that looked good in the classroom/interview only to fall flat on their face once the whistle blows. It's no secret that tebow struggles reading defenses.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:44 AM   #141
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Perhaps Tebow's agent had an insider close to the Broncos and/or McD who was able to give him a leg up? I'm not saying that's what happened, but who knows? It just seems weird. The Jets seemed legitimately excited to have Tebow, then barely used him. He must just look horrific in a practice setting. I still think you give him a chance, though, because maybe he's just one of those guys who's a gamer. What did they have to lose? Just weird. I'm not sold on Tebow like most people, but he deserves a fair chance at least. Hopefully, he next team will give him a chance to sink or swim on the field, whether it's Jacksonville or elsewhere.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:54 AM   #142
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Let me add

If this was the case they would've used the same gameplan as the Detroit game in the following games. Assuring every game after would have the same outcome of suckness. But they didnt. They went to a dumbed down offense that tebow could run and try to win games with.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:03 AM   #143
Butterscotch Stallion

Strange. Now that ryan said tebow never asked out of
wildcat pays, I don't see any crow eating or apologies here....another loss for the haters...add it to the list.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:56 AM   #144
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Strange. Now that ryan said tebow never asked out of
wildcat pays, I don't see any crow eating or apologies here....another loss for the haters...add it to the list.
Pretty funny. The lovers NEVER believed a word out of Ryan's mouth until now? And were supposed to apologize? I ain't apologizing for Tebow crying all week being jealous of McElroy.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:05 AM   #145
primetime714

I think the Jags would have to fire Mularkey and bring in someone more defensive minded if they want there to be any chance of this working out well. Tebow needs a head coach that is a defense first guy who hands control of the offense over to his OC and who is not held responsible for Tebow's failures. You're very unlikely to find a good Head Coaching candidate willing to accept blame for Tebow failures. I don't think McCoy would take the job and I don't even think McDaniels would go there again. Both currently run offenses led by Manning and Brady they can afford to wait for a better opportunity if there isn't one already available for them this year. However with a defensive minded head coach you can hire him to build a defense with assurances that he won't be blamed for offensive failures. You also don't have to worry about him forcing his offensive system on Tebow. You then hire a college OC who runs a similar system to Florida's and an NFL QB's coach to work on improving his passing.

With that said this is a lot to ask and I don't think the Jags would go this route nor am I suggesting they really should. However if Khan wants Tebow he has to go all in. None of this he'll be given a shot in camp stuff cause we know that just won't fall in Tebow's favor and suddenly you've made the same mistake the Jet's did (having a backup QB that is merely a distraction). The only chance Tebow has of success in the NFL is going to an organization that is fully committed to him and his style of play. Ultimately though the chances of success are still minimal without marked improvement from Tebow. With that in mind if I'm the Jags I pass and let him pursue other opportunities (CFL) and try to draft a QB that will make fans forget about Tebow.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:08 AM   #146
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Pretty funny. The lovers NEVER believed a word out of Ryan's mouth until now? And were supposed to apologize? I ain't apologizing for Tebow crying all week being jealous of McElroy.
The Zombies are such an interesting group. Amazing.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:40 AM   #147
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

McElroy is injured, which puts all three quarterbacks in play for Sunday

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...lay-for-sunda/
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:45 AM   #148
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Juwan The Headless Thompson Gunner!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Looks like Timmy is showing his true colors. I haven't been online the past couple days so sorry if this is old news:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/n...hargers-122412
ESPN New York first reported that Tebow opted out of running wildcat plays. ESPN also reported that Tebow said his relationship with Ryan was ''strained'' for a few days, but they smoothed things over. Ryan had all three quarterbacks active for Sunday's 27-17 loss, but Tebow never got onto the field in any capacity.

Ryan did not deny that Tebow asked out of running wildcat plays, but also refused to go into any details of what happened.

''I've been transparent and all that stuff without question, but I'm not going to give you a private conversation that I would have with a player,'' Ryan reiterated. ''That's between him and I. If he wants to share whatever the conversation is, Tim or anybody else, then that's up to him.''

Ryan was also asked if it could be considered ''insubordination'' if a player refuses to play in a role designed for him.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:01 PM   #149
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
It's one thing to know what to do in a classroom environment,but once the bullets start flying it's a different animal. There have been plenty of QBs drafted that looked good in the classroom/interview only to fall flat on their face once the whistle blows. It's no secret that tebow struggles reading defenses.
I think that over his career playing football that he has been successful beating defenses otherwise he would not have won ONE and almost another Hiesman..

Not to mention he beat a lot of defenses in DEN. He has never seen a propensity for fail.

I'm not saying the those defenses he played against here were all that great. But he never swathe field in NY. And sparano was a master at his style of running the ball. Was fatso excited to have him, let me just use two words. COACH SPEAK, the owner wanted hype and they got it what else is the coach supposed to say or act.

I'd like to see him given a fair shake and if he doesn't cut it then he can move on.
Old 12-26-2012, 02:58 PM   #150
Mouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
If this was the case they would've used the same gameplan as the Detroit game in the following games. Assuring every game after would have the same outcome of suckness. But they didnt. They went to a dumbed down offense that tebow could run and try to win games with.

They really did though. Most of the reason Tebow had so many amazing comebacks was because of the ridiculously conservative playcalling. Run run pass, run run pass, run run run. The reason (IMHO) that Tebow was so good in the 4th quarter was because the coaching staff finally let him run a 4-5 wide spread offense. I've watched that last drive against the jets from last year a couple times the last few days and THAT Tebow can certainly play QB in the NFL. I think it will just take a coach willing to go all-in like with RG3, cam newton, or to a lesser extent kapernick.

On a side note, the broncos went from #1 rushing offense last year to mid twenties this year I think. I'm not saying I don't like having the offense we have this year, just an interesting stat.