The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-25-2012, 11:50 AM   #1
comoose00

Default Knowshon Moreno

Something has been bothering me lately. I keep hearing how KM has fumbling issues and I do not understand were this perception came from.

KM has had 7 fumbles in his career
WM has had 8 since becoming a Bronco

I really do feel people will look for anything to attack him cause he was drafted by McDummy.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-25-2012, 12:14 PM   #2
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by comoose00 View Post
Something has been bothering me lately. I keep hearing how KM has fumbling issues and I do not understand were this perception came from.

I really do feel people will look for anything to attack him cause he was drafted by McDummy.
Several reasons why he's been oft-maligned, whether or not it's justified, who knows...but take your pick.

[] He was drafted by McDaniels who is despised by many on here....

[] He wasn't the guy they wanted McDaniels to draft in 1st round of '09...

[] He wasn't worth the 12th overall pick in their opinion....

[] He had 4 fumbles in his rookie season and 3 more in his sophomore season....that's 7 of his 9 career fumbles.

[] He has been considered injury prone by many on here

[] All of the above.....
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 12:50 PM   #3
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Well he certainly looks like he's addressed the fumbles. He now loses more shoes then he does footballs. He still talks a little too much smack it seems after every play but you can live with that. He's playing well, let's hope he stays healthy and when WM comes back, we'll be that much stronger at RB.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 12:52 PM   #4
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Knowshon is just alright with me.
Knowshon is just alright, oh yeah.
Knowshon is just alright with with me.
Knowshon is just alright....whoah yEAHHH!!!
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:24 PM   #5
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:

I tend to agree with you.. IMO the draft choice of JOSH is the biggie..

not sure where the hate for beadles and Walton went, for that matter DT, Ayers, Burton and Decker..

but Moreno still stands out there as pure..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:30 PM   #6
Orange4Life
Ring of Famer

I'm on the Moreno bandwagon. Dude has been awesome since Willis went down
Orange4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:32 PM   #7
Raidersbane
Perennial Pro-bowler

Watching him hurdle Ed Reed in person will always be a fond Bronco memory.
Raidersbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 02:31 PM   #8
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Several reasons why he's been oft-maligned, whether or not it's justified, who knows...but take your pick.

[] He was drafted by McDaniels who is despised by many on here....

[] He wasn't the guy they wanted McDaniels to draft in 1st round of '09...

[] He wasn't worth the 12th overall pick in their opinion....

[] He had 4 fumbles in his rookie season and 3 more in his sophomore season....that's 7 of his 9 career fumbles.

[] He has been considered injury prone by many on here

[] All of the above.....
Pretty much, he was drafted by Mcdaniels which is not good baggage, he was not worth a top 16 pick and the money associated with that pick. Moreno hasn't been a productive runner, in 590 carries as a Bronco he has 2400 rushing yards, 15 TDs and 9 fumbles. Mcgahee has in 400 carries as a broncos 1900 rushing yards, 8 TDs and 9 fumbles. Mcgahee has a much better yards per carry average, although he has more fumbles and fewer TDs per carry.

He has been injury prone and clearly lacks big play ability.

Moreno was a guy who was over drafted in a poor year for RBs, he is servicable and I think had he been a 4th rounder people would love him. If he moves on and signs a low free agent contract and puts up the kind of play he has lately people will love him in whichever town he plays.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 02:34 PM   #9
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Pretty much, he was drafted by Mcdaniels which is not good baggage, he was not worth a top 16 pick and the money associated with that pick. Moreno hasn't been a productive runner, in 590 carries as a Bronco he has 2400 rushing yards, 15 TDs and 9 fumbles. Mcgahee has in 400 carries as a broncos 1900 rushing yards, 8 TDs and 9 fumbles. Mcgahee has a much better yards per carry average, although he has more fumbles and fewer TDs per carry.

Moreno was a guy who was over drafted in a poor year for RBs, he is servicable and I think had he been a 4th rounder people would love him. If he moves on and signs a low free agent contract and puts up the kind of play he has lately people will love him in whichever town he plays.
IIRC one of the reasons they moved on him when they did they got the word the SAN was going to take him with their choice that was coming a few later..

whether the was true or not I dunno .
Old 12-25-2012, 02:36 PM   #10
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

I don't know where the fumble arguments come from. But here are a few legitimate reasons why people weren't happy with him (I believe the feelings are changing)

1. Orakpo (of course we'd rather have Knowshon now than the IR Orakpo)

2. Sauced

3. Dance moves not football moves

4. Injuries

5. It appeared at the beginning of this season he wasn't into it.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 02:57 PM   #11
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post
I don't know where the fumble arguments come from. But here are a few legitimate reasons why people weren't happy with him (I believe the feelings are changing)

1. Orakpo (of course we'd rather have Knowshon now than the IR Orakpo)

2. Sauced

3. Dance moves not football moves

4. Injuries

5. It appeared at the beginning of this season he wasn't into it.
by anyone else in the league it would be hailed as great..
Old 12-25-2012, 04:05 PM   #12
IA-Broncosfan53
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

He has almost done enough this season for me to stop calling him Slowshon, but not quite. He has 3 horrible bust seasons to make up for yet. He is highly motivated right now, lets see how he performs once he receives an extension or guaranteed contract from another team. I think teams would be foolish to sign this kid to more than a 2 year contract, just using basic principles of management.
IA-Broncosfan53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 04:42 PM   #13
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:

He's lost more shoes than he's fumbled...I think
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:06 PM   #14
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

I mean, the guy has been very, very average and he was a first round pick.. I think that's where it stems from, add to that he just can't seem to stay on the field (until lately) and you have frustration.

Hilman looks good for a situational back and i would expect he gets better at "vision" and technique for next year, hopefully he can improve on his blocking as well.. Either way, we need another potential stud for next year.
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:25 PM   #15
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Well he certainly looks like he's addressed the fumbles. He now loses more shoes then he does footballs. He still talks a little too much smack it seems after every play but you can live with that. He's playing well, let's hope he stays healthy and when WM comes back, we'll be that much stronger at RB.
Kiss of death.......................
Pony Boy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:31 PM   #16
hambone13
Ring of Famer

Salty Lurking Vet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post

I tend to agree with everything here and hope to emphasize that his durability is a huge part of the emphasis on doubting him.
hambone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:41 PM   #17
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by strafen View Post
He's lost more shoes than he's fumbled...I think
Perfect example of somebody not reading through the thread. This was already said just the 2 posts down from OP.
Old 12-25-2012, 05:41 PM   #18
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Moreno has stepped up when called upon and he's been huge for the team. His pass blocking as also been good too. He kept a good attitude and that has helped him. He could have sulked and decided he wouldn't give a full effort for this team anymore, but he chose a different path. Others in the NFL could learn from him.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:52 PM   #19
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I like Knowshon because of ball security. It seems like McGahee has been fumbling the ball a lot. Sometimes multiple times in one game. That fumble against the Patriots was a killer. I really think we could have at least scored on that drive were it not for that. Turnovers have been a killer for us this year.

Knowshon has always done well in blocking and catching the ball. Now it appears he has started to run the ball like we needed. But most importantly he doesn't fumble. Turnovers are the primary reason the Patriots are as good as they look. They are +23. The next closest team is the ball-hawking Bears with two corners having career years at +16. I am on some level grateful that McGahee won't be back until after the AFCCG, because as it sits right now we are going to play them in the divisional round.

Now if we can get someone to teach him to lace his shoes properly...
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:58 PM   #20
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I like Knowshon because of ball security. It seems like McGahee has been fumbling the ball a lot. Sometimes multiple times in one game. That fumble against the Patriots was a killer. I really think we could have at least scored on that drive were it not for that. Turnovers have been a killer for us this year.

Knowshon has always done well in blocking and catching the ball. Now it appears he has started to run the ball like we needed. But most importantly he doesn't fumble. Turnovers are the primary reason the Patriots are as good as they look. They are +23. The next closest team is the ball-hawking Bears with two corners having career years at +16. I am on some level grateful that McGahee won't be back until after the AFCCG, because as it sits right now we are going to play them in the divisional round.

Feel the same way Kaylore, KM has gotten a bad rap and now, thankfully, is able to show what he can do when healthy and a little more experienced and the game has obviously slowed down for him now.

KM was never a big fumble worry and he seems extra intent on security since his return. Hopefully Willis is working on his ball glue while convalescing .. would be great to have willis and Knowshon trading off to keep each fresh in the AFCCG and SB should we make it to each so long as Willis has his fumblitis cured at last.
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 06:44 PM   #21
DarkHorse
RPM Racer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kenny McKinley

It was his hesitance and 'dancing' behind the line that irked me and ultimately led to me just outright hating the fact that he's on our team. He never just cut upfield, hit the hole hard, etc.... like he lacked vision or was just plain scared to cut it up there.

Since he stepped onto the field replacing McGahee it's like seeing an entirely different running back in him. He's pounding the ball, making nice cuts, attacking the line of scrimmage and showing a bit of quickness.

He's kicking ass right now, I don't feel bad about knocking him as hard as I have - I feel great for the guy! Personally, I would like to see him stay in the lineup whether McGahee is ready or not.

My dislike for the guy is waning very fast. I really really like the player that he's become lately. I see a different player.
DarkHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 06:51 PM   #22
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:

You can really take the winds out of the pats defense by not turning over the ball. Not sure how you gameplan for that but if we meet them again we can't let them win the turnover battle and run the ball down our throats like last time.

People seem confident manning will do better. I don't worry about that i think we can move the ball all friggin day on the pats. My worry if we couldn't stop them at all the last 2-3 times we have played them. Last game they punished our front 7 running the ball.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 06:52 PM   #23
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Knowshon is just alright with me.
Knowshon is just alright, oh yeah.
Knowshon is just alright with with me.
Knowshon is just alright....whoah yEAHHH!!!
Doobie Brothers rock
Old 12-25-2012, 07:23 PM   #24
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Certainly in those early games against the better teams, IMO, turnovers were a huge reason we did not win all 3 of those games. Especially the Falcons game where we had 4 turnovers in the 1st QTR. The Houston game we did have some turnovers but to me that was more about giving up big plays and not getting off the field on 3rd down. Houston had drives of 98, 89 and 72 yards. And our offense was just not finishing drives of their own, as we had to settle for 3 1st half FG's with no TD's. The Patriots game, well we all know Brady is good but when you give him 250 yards rushing along with the passing, you're gonna lose that game 99% of the time, home or away.

The Falcons game we can chalk that up to a very very bad day for Manning, well at least a very very bad 1st QTR. The other losses, probably some growing pains with the team still coming together and partially the Joe Mays factor. The defense seems to have been tweaked enough during the season to the point I think they're in a good place. With KM running the ball, we've got the production and ball security. The receivers are doing well, the passing game is going good. I think our ST's is doing well also. We're just in a good place right now.

I think we're primed and ready for a good playoff run.
Old 12-25-2012, 07:56 PM   #25
Bacchus

McGhaee will come back for the AFC Championship game and Denver's one two punch will be very good.