The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2012, 09:53 PM   #1
jerseyguy4

Default Denver - where to eat and stay and party

Ok - looks like I'm coming to Denver. I'm assuming the KC game is a win. So we have a bye

Where do I stay?
Where are the places I should book some awesome dinners?
Where are some great places to have a few beers and enjoy the evenings. Keep in mind I'm with my pops. Looking for beer joints, not night clubs.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2012, 10:17 PM   #2
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

You stay whereever Priceline puts your ass!
Seriously, if you are renting a car, stay close to LoDo (lower downtown). That could be from Quebec (10 minutes once you hit the freeway) and possibly Tech Center (15 minutes). LoDO will be hopping crazy good that weekend. There is a thread here somewhere about best BBQ. We always did the Brazillian BBQ of massive meat and as little veggies as possible...then you **** like crazy before you can leave. Depending on how many days, head up to Black Hawk/Central City/Idaho Springs for some gambling fun and some good eats.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 12:43 AM   #3
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Since you're wanting to "party", don't rent a car. No driving for you!

That said you don't need one. Stay Downtown, or if on a budget, pick a hotel along the light rail. Priceline is your friend.

I have lots of recommendations for dinner, Denver has quietly become one of the best food cities in the country. What's your budget? What types of food do you like?

Beer joints:

Falling Rock is an absolute must.
Prost is an absolute must.
Great Divide's tap-room is an absolute must.
I recommend the Cheeky Monk, particularly if you're into Belgian beers.
Before the game, hit Strange Brewing. That place is the boobies and really close to the stadium.

The view from Amato's Ale House can't be beat, plus it's a great introduction to Colorado beer. Food is decent as a bonus.

Wynkoop Brewpub has really started to produce MUCH better beer. The food has gotten alot better as well. It's in one of the best sections of Downtown (near Coors Field) as well.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:04 AM   #4
jerseyguy4

I'll probably come Friday to Monday, not knowing which day the game will be.
Not too worried about food budget. More concerned with getting a taste of local Denver. Nothing super fancy, but maybe one nice steakhouse dinner?

I do love Belgian beer, so thanks for that tip
I'll probably rent a car, just so we can drive when we want to. And we'll have either Saturday or Sunday free to roam
Old 12-25-2012, 12:08 PM   #5
troyjbath
Probably Drunk

Long time lurker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Stay downtown. Rooms are cheap this time of year and you'll be within walking distance from tons of good bars and restaurants. We always catch the Bronco ride from Market street station. 5 minute ride to the stadium for $4.
troyjbath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 12:29 PM   #6
Bigloco

I've lived in Denver long enough to know its not really unlike many other big cities. If I wan't a decent bowl of Pad Thai, i can get it. Sushi? No problem. But what Denver used to be is a center point of the old west, and nothing defines that better to me than the Buckhorn Exchange.

I've been there a few times, taking clients and family, and its mostly unforgettable. The steaks are good and the atmosphere...well...if you go there, you'll see.

Thats the place to go if you want to see what the heart and soul of Denver used to be.
Old 12-25-2012, 01:59 PM   #7
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

I too am looking for suggestions on food/drink.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 02:20 PM   #8
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigloco View Post
Thats the place to go if you want to see what the heart and soul of Denver used to be.
For the full experience go to My Brothers Bar (oldest bar in the city) for a drink before hand, then grab the light rail to Buckhorn.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 02:43 PM   #9
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Don't have a lot of time to respond but 1) Look for the thread from earlier this year from the New Orleans Saint fan who was coming to town - lot of good stuff in there, including from me. 2) We really need to sticky a Things to Do in Denver When You're Dead (or alive) thread. This question comes up about once a month.

Finally - Great Divide; Vodoo Comedy Lounge, Prost Brewing, Highland Tap and Burger, Little Man Ice Cream; 1Up. Cheers!
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 03:15 PM   #10
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Depending on what you like to do, besides the rocky Mountains 6o miles west of downtown, have 4-5 ski areas within 4 hours of DEN, the Air Force Academy 2 hours or so south, a great art museum downtown (threw that in for the artsy fartsy guys)..

lots to DO in DEN and I ave not lived there in very long time.. Have driven thru quite a bit in fact this coming Monday.. Will stop at Apple jacks on my way to Steamboat..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:57 AM   #11
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
Since you're wanting to "party", don't rent a car. No driving for you!

That said you don't need one. Stay Downtown, or if on a budget, pick a hotel along the light rail. Priceline is your friend.

I have lots of recommendations for dinner, Denver has quietly become one of the best food cities in the country. What's your budget? What types of food do you like?

Beer joints:

Falling Rock is an absolute must.
Prost is an absolute must.
Great Divide's tap-room is an absolute must.
I recommend the Cheeky Monk, particularly if you're into Belgian beers.
Before the game, hit Strange Brewing. That place is the boobies and really close to the stadium.

The view from Amato's Ale House can't be beat, plus it's a great introduction to Colorado beer. Food is decent as a bonus.

Wynkoop Brewpub has really started to produce MUCH better beer. The food has gotten alot better as well. It's in one of the best sections of Downtown (near Coors Field) as well.
THIS!
bfoflcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:48 AM   #12
Mountain Bronco
Ring of Famer

Stay downtown. Just priceline a 4 star and wherever you end up will be fine. Lots of great food, and drinking opportunities downtown.
Mountain Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:13 PM   #13
Dutch
The Flying Dutchman

Leatherneck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rubin Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigloco View Post
I've lived in Denver long enough to know its not really unlike many other big cities. If I wan't a decent bowl of Pad Thai, i can get it. Sushi? No problem. But what Denver used to be is a center point of the old west, and nothing defines that better to me than the Buckhorn Exchange.

I've been there a few times, taking clients and family, and its mostly unforgettable. The steaks are good and the atmosphere...well...if you go there, you'll see.

Well, between the Buckhorn Exchange, the perspective on what used to make Denver so unique, and the Sam Boik stems for days avi.....I believe you and I would get along just fine Bigloco. Well played across the boards!
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote