The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2012, 04:05 PM   #26
Raidersbane
Perennial Pro-bowler

For my all time favorite I have to reach back to the old, old, MNF crew. I really enjoyed Alex Karas....
Raidersbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 12:02 AM   #27
E_Rox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post

Analysts I don't like:
Randy Cross - This is one guy who I actually think has a personal problem with the Broncos. I don't like his greasy hair or his weird facial hair.
Cross admitted as much on Sirius years ago. He went on a tangent for some reason and Bob Papa pulled him back from the whole story if I recall correctly. He definitely has a chubby for the organization. Doesn't help he works part time for the Patsies now. Can't stand the guy, even worse in the old Miller Lite commercials
Old 12-25-2012, 09:06 PM   #28
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkporter View Post
I do too. Don't see what all the fuss is about. Dierdorf, however, is a steaming pile of awful.
this!
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:54 PM   #29
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
Well there are some of us that suffered through the Dandy Don and Howard days ………… We would have heard "the lights are out and the party’s over" in the 3rd quarter", so quit your whining.
Loved it! Made MNF fun to watch and listen.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:22 PM   #30
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Broncos View Post
Bradshaw is the worst ever at highlights, what an idiot.

And Fouts is a ****er co******ing ******.
I like Fouts. Even though he may be antiBronco it doesn't effect the team and I can tolerate listening to him. Bradshaw, he has and always will be a moronic idiot. He thinks he's funny, he isn't.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:40 AM   #31
dsmoot
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
I like Fouts. Even though he may be antiBronco it doesn't effect the team and I can tolerate listening to him. Bradshaw, he has and always will be a moronic idiot. He thinks he's funny, he isn't.
Bradshaw was a Bronco and especially an Elway hater before the two Superbowl victories. It was a great day when Elway beat Atlanta and Bradshaw was the commentator on the platform. It shut him up for good. I won't say that Bradshaw was a bad or even mediocre QB but has anyone played with more Hall of Fame players on his team. I always thought Archie Manning was a far better QB. Who would have heard of Terry if he had been drafted by New Orleans.
dsmoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:23 AM   #32
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_Rox View Post
Cross admitted as much on Sirius years ago. He went on a tangent for some reason and Bob Papa pulled him back from the whole story if I recall correctly.
I figured as much. I am not wont to buy into the "so-and-so hates the broncos" rhetoric. However Cross is one guy who sticks out to me.

Guys like Fouts who haven't played in two decades don't have any players left to hate. As I said, I think color analysts favor the squads they played for. Offensive players will defend ticky tacky PI calls or roughing the passer calls while defensive players will complain and raise a stink about how unfair and difficult it is for a defender in those situations. I think sometimes if they are calling for the team they played for they will be overly kind, but sometimes the reverse is true and I find them to be overly critical of their former teams.

Last edited by Kaylore; 12-26-2012 at 08:33 AM..
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:30 AM   #33
s0phr0syne
Symbiotic

Absorb and Redirect

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Read this thread before I watched the game yesterday, so I was on the lookout for the crappy, biased commentary....Gotta say I came away very unimpressed. Was relatively balanced.
s0phr0syne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:44 AM   #34
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
Well there are some of us that suffered through the Dandy Don and Howard days ………… We would have heard "the lights are out and the party’s over" in the 3rd quarter", so quit your whining.
Ha ha I remember him as a kid and how much my father hated him. I can still hear him yelling "Shut Up Cosell" about 5 times a game.

Special times, but man he knew how to get under your skin by the time the anthem was sung.
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:48 AM   #35
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

I am probably one of the few that didn't mind the Dennis Miller experiment Lasted for about as long as it should have though.
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote