The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2012, 06:49 PM   #26
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
11 TD's = MVP ?
You bet!

Eric Decker for MVP!!!!!
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:53 PM   #27
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
1. Peyton Manning
2. Tom Brady
3. Aaron Rogers
4. AP

I don't care what any of you say......Manning, Rogers and Brady mean a hell of a lot more to their perspective teams that AP does to his..........let alone the league itself.

Heck, AP may not even crack the 2000 yard mark. Did Barry Sanders win NFL MVP when he ran for 2050?
Yes,he & farve were named co-mvp.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:45 PM   #28
Turd_Ferguson

AP is the only thing making his team as good as they are, which means he makes them a team with a good defense barely good enough to get in the playoffs with ZERO chance of winning a Superbowl.

Manning makes his team a favorite to win the Superbowl. Without him they are a team with a good defense barely good enough to make the playoffs with ZERO chance of winning a Superbowl, or more simply put, THE VIKINGS.

Manning is more valuable to me because he gives his team a chance to win a Superbowl, which AP, as amazing as he clearly is, does not.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:33 PM   #29
BroncoFox
Unofficial Cheer******

If I have fleas.. they are happy.

I don't understand how AP would get the vote. Who is most valuable to their team?

Who makes the defense AND special teams AND offense play better? Who coaches everyone, and makes sure the entire team is ready to play? It's not even close to me.

I'd happily give AP offensive player of the year. But the most valuable player to me is Peyton, simply because it's a lot more than just when he is taking snaps.
BroncoFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:13 PM   #30
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

"MVP" is so subjective because most teams have a player who they couldn't win without. And in years where a player is dominating, they usually win the award: LT's record year (28 rushing TDs) in 2006, Brady's record year (50 TDs) in 2007, etc.

AP carrying the Vikings on his back and breaking the rushing record would make him an easy shoe-in, especially in a year where he wasn't supposed to be close to 100% healthy.

This is a crazy year because of all the records that might fall with AP, Megatron and JJ Watt all having insane years.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:24 PM   #31
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Peterson coming back from a knee injury is a feel good story...however Manning missed an entire season, his team won 2 games in his absence, and then he gets released....his future was clouded with doubt that he'd even play again...and if he did would he be any good.....well he responded with one of his best seasons statistically, his new team is 12-3, are SB contenders, and silenced about 99% of his doubters.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:47 PM   #32
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

It's not about a comeback, a feel good story or even being the most valuable player anymore. This award has now become which player has had the best statistical year.

Unless he goes for 12 yards next week, I think he wins this hands down.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:00 AM   #33
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
It's not about a comeback, a feel good story or even being the most valuable player anymore. This award has now become which player has had the best statistical year.

Unless he goes for 12 yards next week, I think he wins this hands down.
I don't think he does. I thought Brady would screw both A.P. and Manning but he has sucked as of late. Not trying to be a homer but if AP doesn't break Dickersons record I think it's almost a let down the way it's been put in spotlight. I don't think Green Bay gets burned for 210 yards again like in their first season and he falls short. Again just my opinion.

If he does break it he seals the MVP. If he doesn't and Manning manages even an average game against the lowly Chiefs, then Manning is MVP.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:05 AM   #34
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

I doubt AP runs for 200 next week. But if he has a good game and leads the Vikings to a win, the MVP is his. It's his time.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:36 AM   #35
Aftermath
Creep

Broncos | Flyers | Tigers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

Manning might not even be the best QB this year. There is no other runningback like AP. Minnesotas defense is a joke. Opposing defenses know they are going to run all game and he still does work. The Broncos won a fricken playoff game with Tebow last year. Peyton Manning is THE MAN but c'mon. You guys basically think the award is Most Valuable Quarterback. If AP doesnt win this award then the reward should just be for the best quarterback every year. Rodgers and Brady are just as valuable as Manning.
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:49 AM   #36
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftermath View Post
Manning might not even be the best QB this year. There is no other runningback like AP. Minnesotas defense is a joke. Opposing defenses know they are going to run all game and he still does work. The Broncos won a fricken playoff game with Tebow last year. Peyton Manning is THE MAN but c'mon. You guys basically think the award is Most Valuable Quarterback. If AP doesnt win this award then the reward should just be for the best quarterback every year. Rodgers and Brady are just as valuable as Manning.
The Vikings' defense is pretty good. They get turnovers. If Minnesota does not make the playoffs than how valuable is Peterson? If he wasn't there they still wouldn't make the playoffs.

If they beat the Packers next week and make the playoffs he deserves it.

All that being said Peterson did not have a good game Sunday and they still won on the road against Houston.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:52 AM   #37
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

I think Peterson would deserve it on the merits if he actually broke the record. To break the all time rushing mark coming off an ACL is a big deal and in terms of value, its likely that MIN would be a 2 win team without him. I think Manning is extremely deserving and he should win it unless Peterson actually breaks the record.
Old 12-24-2012, 02:09 AM   #38
Durango
Ring of Famer

Woodsman

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

If Peterson breaks the rushing rushing record, he probably will get MVP, but I think IF he does get MVP, the come-back award will go to Manning. If Manning wins the MVP, Peterson will get the come-back player award.

There's a chance they could be voted co-winners of either, or even both awards, but I just get the feeling that the people tht decide these things will give one to Manning and the other to Peterson.
Durango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:40 AM   #39
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The Broncos are a completely different team this year with Manning. Denver is now arguably the best team in the league, and definately the hottest. This is all due to Manning.

Although AP is having an impressive season, I don't think he's more vaulable to his team than Manning is to Denver.

I think Manning should win easily over Peterson. I think AP is better positioned to win offensive player of the year.
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 04:35 AM   #40
Bmore Manning

Too many people have let fantasy football overcome actual football. CJ2K was dynamic a few short years ago.. Remember? Broke 2,000 yards.. Over 2,500 from scrimmage.. Guess who won MVP that year?

Early in the year everyone wanted to call Harvin the MVP, now we just hop to the next hot fad? Peterson isn't scoring enough TDs to single handedly beat teams! The defense has played very well during this playoff push, Ponder is doing enough in the passing game. Peterson is a freak, but he single handedly is not carrying the team, and if you think that it's because you only know fantasy football and you buy in to media hype.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:36 AM   #41
jerseyguy4

Here's the current poll results map from espn. What surprises! Ryan top pick in Georgia, Brady in the Northeast, and Rodgers in Wisconsin!

Old 12-24-2012, 02:44 PM   #42
rmsanger
Elway > PFM

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

A bunch of PFM homers in this forum so no proper discussion to be had here. PFM is the man but AP is not human!
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 04:21 PM   #43
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Maybe I'm a homer, but I don't know how its not Manning. I'm not even sure how it's close.

Regardless of what the Broncos did last year, it seemed like a team in disarray, definitely one with a leadership void (sorry, Tebow). Peyton Manning came in here and established the Broncos not only as arguably the best team in football, but easily the most consistent. He's instilled a culture in Denver that is incredibly efficient and professional. Gone are the days of "trap games" and letdowns. John Fox said it best: His teammates are afraid to let him down because of how he works, prepares, and succeeds. They want to be on his level. Combine that with his weekly systematic evisceration of the opponent's defense (we're already spoiled by this), his gaudy stats, and that's he's done this with a new team and a new city....this isnt even close. This is Peyton's award.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 04:24 PM   #44
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmsanger View Post
A bunch of PFM homers in this forum so no proper discussion to be had here. PFM is the man but AP is not human!
This is not a question of whether or not AD's season was great (especially considering his injury.) The Broncos were an 8-8 team that was lucky not to be 5-11, and now they are the best team in football. What's the main difference here? ONE ****ing guy.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 04:30 PM   #45
Elway 4 Life
Pass rushers apply here!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftermath View Post
The Colts won 2 games without Manning last year. The Patriots won 11 or 12 games with Cassell in Brady's absence. Brady is a great QB but not as valuable as Manning or Rogers to there perspective teams.
Elway 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 04:52 PM   #46
bombay
Ring of Famer

There is no question at all that Manning is more valuable to his team than Peterson is. Manning is a coach on the field, gets the very best out of his teammates, and has led his team to a 13 win season, a bye week in the playoffs, and very possibly to a spot in the superbowl.

Peterson is the feel good story, having an outstanding season when his health was very much in doubt. He's not a guy who lifts players around him, and whether they even make the playoffs is up in the air.

This isn't a tough decision at all. Comeback player? Peterson could certainly win that.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 04:57 PM   #47
CPA
Rookie

Had Peyton and AP on my championship fantasy team this year. So, based on that, give MVP and CBPY to both.
CPA is offline   Reply With Quote