The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2012, 03:43 PM   #51
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Best thing the Chiefs could do is trade for Alex Smith than trade the #1 pick for as many picks as they can get.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 04:14 PM   #52
FearLanier

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Best thing the Chiefs could do is trade for Alex Smith than trade the #1 pick for as many picks as they can get.
Yeah trading for other teams backup QB's has worked so well for the last 20 years..
Old 12-24-2012, 04:30 PM   #53
Drunken.Broncoholic

One can only hope they get Alex smith. Would assure more of the same for them.

Not a good year to have great position for a QB. The talent just isn't there this year in the draft.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 12-24-2012 at 04:33 PM..
Old 12-24-2012, 04:31 PM   #54
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
Yeah trading for other teams backup QB's has worked so well for the last 20 years..
Ya I'm with ya draft Geno with the number 1 overall. I like it. Who's he going to throw the ball to?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 04:45 PM   #55
FearLanier

Quote:
Ya I'm with ya draft Geno with the number 1 overall. I like it. Who's he going to throw the ball to?
Tyler Wilson. He'll throw to Dwayne Bowe and draft picks including Cordarelle Patterson and Joseph Fauria
Old 12-24-2012, 06:38 PM   #56
Rolandftw

I think Geno Smith and Tyler Wilson might measure out to be similar to Ryan Tannehill. Yeah, Tannehill only had one very good college season, but so did Cam Newton. Only having one great year doesn't eliminate someone from being a franchise QB at the next level.

Geno will probably struggle as a rookie. Maybe even the first two seasons. He really struggled against good defenses this year for the most part. But nothing to really lose for KC. They have to go after a franchise QB and the draft is still a better shot at that, then Alex Smith and other retreads.

It's only really a matter of whether Tyler Wilson or Geno Smith is the better option.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:00 PM   #57
FearLanier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandftw View Post
I think Geno Smith and Tyler Wilson might measure out to be similar to Ryan Tannehill. Yeah, Tannehill only had one very good college season, but so did Cam Newton. Only having one great year doesn't eliminate someone from being a franchise QB at the next level.

Geno will probably struggle as a rookie. Maybe even the first two seasons. He really struggled against good defenses this year for the most part. But nothing to really lose for KC. They have to go after a franchise QB and the draft is still a better shot at that, then Alex Smith and other retreads.

It's only really a matter of whether Tyler Wilson or Geno Smith is the better option.
I think they are easily better than Tannehill. Maybe because I wasn't a fan of his. After watching Tannehill blow multiple 2nd half leads in college I just didn't think he had it.

Funny thing about Geno is he had 12 TD's, 5 INT's, a 60% completion percentage and about 300 yards average against the 5 top 50 defenses he played this seaosn(OU, KSU, TTU, TCU, Maryland).

We'll find out more about what they can do next month at the Senior Bowl and in February at the combine.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:15 PM   #58
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Here's what if kc should do: bring in Vick as the starting qb and hire young Shanny as the HC. This way Vick will get the RG3 offense. But kc won't do this because they are idiots.

That's what I'd do if I was the GM. Good thing I'm not the kc GM, I'd have them winning in one year.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:37 PM   #59
Bacchus

Quote:
wow, that is a pretty good idea. Chief fan would blow a gasket though if they do not draft Geno.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:16 PM   #60
FearLanier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Here's what if kc should do: bring in Vick as the starting qb and hire young Shanny as the HC. This way Vick will get the RG3 offense. But kc won't do this because they are idiots.

That's what I'd do if I was the GM. Good thing I'm not the kc GM, I'd have them winning in one year.
Signing a 33 year old retread who has never been that good throwing the ball over a Geno Smith or Tyler Wilson is the worst move we could possibly make.

I would rather have Alex Smith than Vick if we had to sign a FA QB.

Last edited by FearLanier; 12-24-2012 at 09:20 PM..
Old 12-24-2012, 09:24 PM   #61
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post

Why would they do that when the can trade for Cousins instead? Kyle with Cousins would be way better then Kyle and Vick.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:34 PM   #62
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Not sure of how many draft choices KC has. But if they have them all. Thet pic1 or 2, then 33-34, then 63-64 then under. 100 again depending on how many comp picks awarded for losing FA.

If they get a good GM like we wound up with. They could be looking at 4-6 starters. On an already loaded with talent team.

We all know that it was coaching and lousy QB play last year. Fix that along with a legit GM and they could be a hell of a team for very long time.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:29 PM   #63
FearLanier

I think it's hilarious when people say the Chiefs should draft the best player available? If it isn't a QB, then who is it?

Luke Joekel? Chiefs have a LT who has only given up 1 sack all year and has been one of the best the last 2 years.

Manti Te'o-An ILB at #1? Yeah no. He's not even as good of a prospect as Luke Keuchly the year before.

Star Lotelieresjsl-Idk his name but he can't get sacks and god help One Arrowhead Drive if this guy is the pick.

Jarvis Jones/Damontre Moore-Why? Tamba and Houston combined for 19 sacks so far this year and that was with them playing from behind 90% of the year.

Bjoern Werner-See above, plus he's only 255 lbs. Nowhere near big enough to play DE int he 3-4.

Bottomline: there are no players worth drafting at 1 besides QB.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:32 PM   #64
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Geno isn't worth the first overall.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:35 PM   #65
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Geno will be an improvement on Breaston in the slot.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:37 PM   #66
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Yeah, you mean best thing for the Broncos right?
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:48 PM   #67
FearLanier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Geno isn't worth the first overall.
No player in this draft at any position is worth #1 overall.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:56 PM   #68
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
No player in this draft at any position is worth #1 overall.
there may indeed someone that would love to have that "special guy" and will trade up for him..

may be able to garner a few more picks..

there is not doubt that someone will be special at the combine.. Hell someone that clocks a legit 4.1 and OAK will want him regardless of the position they play.. ahahahahahaha

if it is OAK they may even trade their entire draft for him..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:42 PM   #69
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Wilson is the only first round caliber QB in this class, Bob. He's not worth the No. 1 overall pick, but if you got him, I would say that is a good player to develop with good skills. Barkley is 2nd-3rd round talent. Geno will make a fine slot WR.
This is a ****ty troll since we all know Geno is a pocket passer first and foremost.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:04 AM   #70
Bacchus

Well Bob, I hope the Chiefs draft Geno with the #1 pick. He had 12 TDs and 5 Ints against the 5 half way decent college teams he played this year.

He is Andre Ware.
Old 12-25-2012, 01:29 AM   #71
FearLanier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Well Bob, I hope the Chiefs draft Geno with the #1 pick. He had 12 TDs and 5 Ints against the 5 half way decent college teams he played this year.

He is Andre Ware.
Well I guess it could be worse. We could have a QB prospect like Osweiler
Old 12-25-2012, 02:39 AM   #72
Durango
Ring of Famer

Woodsman

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Well I guess it could be worse. We could have a QB prospect like Osweiler :wiggle:
Ha! You would celebrate having this kid. Every thing I read says the entire organization is wildly impressed with the talents of this guy, and here's the best part; he's learning behind Manning.

You lose assh*le.
Durango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 04:04 AM   #73
Rolandftw

Quote:
I think they are easily better than Tannehill. Maybe because I wasn't a fan of his. After watching Tannehill blow multiple 2nd half leads in college I just didn't think he had it.

Funny thing about Geno is he had 12 TD's, 5 INT's, a 60% completion percentage and about 300 yards average against the 5 top 50 defenses he played this seaosn(OU, KSU, TTU, TCU, Maryland).

We'll find out more about what they can do next month at the Senior Bowl and in February at the combine.
Tannehill's numbers were very good. Better then Tyler Wilson this year. Both teams didn't have that much talent around them, at least defensively. So guess it comes down to whether or not, team performance is a huge judge of whether someone will be good at the next level.

Geno had good games against Maryland and OU. But was awful against KSU, TTU, TCU. But West Virginia had their own problems this year, too. His ability to go through his progressions are a major concern to me, but it wouldn't deter me from drafting him either. As you said, there isn't really a #1 type pick at any position, so they might as well take a shot on what spot they need the most. If it doesn't pan out, they can do another go at it 3 seasons from now.

I wasn't really a fan of the Brock pick, but you can certainly make the argument had he slightly improved as a senior that he could be a first round pick in this year's draft class. There's also not any pressure for him to produce over the next couple seasons most likely.
Old 12-25-2012, 07:11 AM   #74
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Well I guess it could be worse. We could have a QB prospect like Osweiler
At least Osweiller is in a good QB class.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 07:27 AM   #75
Raidersbane
Perennial Pro-bowler

I say the chiefs trade down the number one pick and then draft a kicker......then make a bid for Sanchez...
Raidersbane is offline   Reply With Quote