The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2012, 09:50 AM   #101
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Bronco View Post
I will take home field throughout and only having to play NE or Houston not both any day of the week.
That's reasonable

My take is I would rather play a disadvantaged NE and Houston but I think we will be playing the Ravens in Denver for the AFCC anyway.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:28 AM   #102
troyjbath
Probably Drunk

Long time lurker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Lol, Pats fans talking about this thread.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-...nt-1-seed.html
troyjbath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:53 AM   #103
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Wilson View Post
You're an idiot. Stop making retarded threads. No one gives a **** if you don't want the #1 seed
QFT
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:58 AM   #104
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

Rob0729
PatsFans.com Supporter

re: Broncos fan, so scared of the Patriots, does not want the #1 Seed

You know what? I don't really care what Broncos fans have to say.

Personally, I am still not sold on the Broncos. They are playing the best right now, but that has a lot to do with the competition they have faced over the second half the season. I want to see them in the playoffs before I buy into them. They could be for real, but beating on the Browns isn't going to prove it.

I am mixed on a first round bye. Many of the recent Super Bowl winners played Wild Card weekend. Since 2005, the Giants (twice), Packers, Colts, and Steelers (2005) all played Wild Card weekend on their way to Super Bowl wins. Only the Saints and Steelers (2008) have had first round byes in Super Bowl winning years. So if the Broncos fans think the Pats can't win playing three games, they haven't been looking at recent history.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:00 AM   #105
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

so who has the pats played against if i recall they lost to a couple of scrub teams
DAN_BRONCO_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:05 AM   #106
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyjbath View Post
Lol, Pats fans talking about this thread.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-...nt-1-seed.html

and some of them get it;

Recent history means nothing. Anyone playing at home has an advantage. Teams which have lost at home in the past was not because homefield was bad for them. They just didnt take advantage of the bye/homefield and played like crap and other teams played better. Going purely by #s our team this yr needs a bye more than most pats team in the past. They are beat up/injured and tired and playing physical home game vs the bengals then the broncos and whoever in the 3rd game will take its toll.
You can keep believing broncos have played no one but they beat who they supposed to beat. Didn't succumb to bad teams at home and took advantage of it.Doesn't mean they cant win 2 playoff games at home .Sometimes you need some easy wins to get your confidence and team going and thats what they did.
By no means they can think pats cant win playing 3 games on the road, but playing 2 is better than playing 3 so they do have an advantage.

and this guy;

Being healthy is the main reason the bye is a big deal and we arent healthy right now.Playing in denver in AFCCG after a bye is a better chance for us than playing them without one. And Bengals are a physical team which is going to take toll on us too.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:49 AM   #107
CEH
Ring of Famer

Our run defense has really stabilized the past 9 weeks. I think Denver rolls the Pats if they can contain the run . NE will not rush for 251 yards and their hurry up offense will not be as effected at Mile High as it is at home

I hope to see "Uggs" smacked around like Colt McCoy was the last couple plays of yesterday's game.

http://www.uggaustralia.com/ugg-for-...efault,sc.html
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:06 PM   #108
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Give me the #1 seed. If we can't win 2 games at home with this team rolling with 11 straight wins, we don't deserve it. I don't care about Colts, Ravens or Bengals. Give me any of those teams in Denver to get me Houston or (most likely) New England. Mile High will be rocking. Bailey wants that chance for 100 yard INT for a pick 6 this time around.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:54 PM   #109
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Give me the #1 seed. If we can't win 2 games at home with this team rolling with 11 straight wins, we don't deserve it. I don't care about Colts, Ravens or Bengals. Give me any of those teams in Denver to get me Houston or (most likely) New England. Mile High will be rocking. Bailey wants that chance for 100 yard INT for a pick 6 this time around.
Ya I want NE to have a bye so they can heal up instead of playing a very physical Cinci team before they come to Mile High to play us while we had a week to rest and game plan for then because having the #1 seed would be so cool.
Old 12-24-2012, 02:12 PM   #110
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Ya I want NE to have a bye so they can heal up instead of playing a very physical Cinci team before they come to Mile High to play us while we had a week to rest and game plan for then because having the #1 seed would be so cool.
They would still be playing a game before they would play us (if we both won). If Cinci would play Houston and who knows what happens there. I am already shocked Houston is becoming barely above average lately. HOw about we just go with Miami beating New England so they stay in the #3 slot while we win? Then you can have your wish.

GO Dolphins! GO Colts!
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:15 PM   #111
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
and some of them get it;

Recent history means nothing. Anyone playing at home has an advantage. Teams which have lost at home in the past was not because homefield was bad for them. They just didnt take advantage of the bye/homefield and played like crap and other teams played better. Going purely by #s our team this yr needs a bye more than most pats team in the past. They are beat up/injured and tired and playing physical home game vs the bengals then the broncos and whoever in the 3rd game will take its toll.
You can keep believing broncos have played no one but they beat who they supposed to beat. Didn't succumb to bad teams at home and took advantage of it.Doesn't mean they cant win 2 playoff games at home .Sometimes you need some easy wins to get your confidence and team going and thats what they did.
By no means they can think pats cant win playing 3 games on the road, but playing 2 is better than playing 3 so they do have an advantage.

and this guy;

Being healthy is the main reason the bye is a big deal and we arent healthy right now.Playing in denver in AFCCG after a bye is a better chance for us than playing them without one. And Bengals are a physical team which is going to take toll on us too.
That's a case for the Patriots to get the bye, not for us not to get the number 1 seed.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:29 PM   #112
DENVERDUI55

This is just stupid to sit around and play what if etc. Just win Sunday and sit back and see where Denver is seeded at. That is the only thing Denver can control.
Old 12-24-2012, 03:11 PM   #113
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
That's a case for the Patriots to get the bye, not for us not to get the number 1 seed.

I just can't believe it. are you ****ing with me.

If Houston loses we get the #1 seed. Sure! Nice and all that!

But assuming both NE and Denver win (highly likely) then that bumps NE to the #2 seed. That is the down side of us inheriting the 1 seed and the whole point of this thread. Is this the Twilight Zone?
Old 12-24-2012, 03:13 PM   #114
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
This is just stupid to sit around and play what if etc. Just win Sunday and sit back and see where Denver is seeded at. That is the only thing Denver can control.
Carry that out to it's logical end. Just watch the games on Sunday cancel all message boards.
Old 12-24-2012, 03:14 PM   #115
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Carry that out to it's logical end. Just watch the games on Sunday cancel all message boards.
Old 12-24-2012, 03:15 PM   #116
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
I just can't believe it. are you ****ing with me.

If Houston loses we get the #1 seed. Sure! Nice and all that!

But assuming both NE and Denver win (highly likely) then that bumps NE to the #2 seed. That is the down side of us inheriting the 1 seed and the whole point of this thread. Is this the Twilight Zone?
Baja, there is nothing to fear if we are playing them at home. And based on how everything is shaking out, I think eventually it will come down to DEN vs. NE in one round or another and the winner will take all the marbles in the AFC. Because I don't see either team losing to any other team in the postseason. As much as I love Kubes, I think they're going to lose if they have to play either of these two teams, regardless of where the game is. HOU is not playing at a very high level right now, even at home.

It's going to come down to DEN and NE. If we are at home, we should prevail.
Old 12-24-2012, 03:21 PM   #117
Pick Six
Armchair Poster

The bottom line is that I don't see Indy winning. They are playing a wildcard game, so this is a chance for them to treat this as the bye week. It's great to speculate about getting the #1 seed, but I think we're going to come up a bit short...
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:27 PM   #118
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

I think the Bengals can beat the Pats. They have a inside pass rush and the Pats don't have a CB that can match up well with Green.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:31 PM   #119
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Baja, there is nothing to fear if we are playing them at home. And based on how everything is shaking out, I think eventually it will come down to DEN vs. NE in one round or another and the winner will take all the marbles in the AFC. Because I don't see either team losing to any other team in the postseason. As much as I love Kubes, I think they're going to lose if they have to play either of these two teams, regardless of where the game is. HOU is not playing at a very high level right now, even at home.

It's going to come down to DEN and NE. If we are at home, we should prevail.
I can't believe I have put so much time into this thread about something that should be obvious to all.

It's best to play NE in our house in the second week of the playoffs 7 days after they played a tough game with Cinci and we rested and game planned for 14 days.

Not that hard really. It's not about fear it is a simple advantage in our toughest matchup.
Old 12-24-2012, 04:25 PM   #120
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Word. Do business. 1st or 2nd seed is fine with me. I can even see getting the 2 seed, and watching houston lose their division round game. Giving home field to us
Old 12-24-2012, 04:50 PM   #121
DENVERDUI55

Personally give me the 1 seed and Baltimore in the second round. I'd love to overmatch them again.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:35 PM   #122
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco X View Post
Don't forget Coach Pagano. If he was sitting out the last week and returning for the playoffs, it wouldn't make a difference, but he's returning this week and will be on the sidelines for the first time since he became ill. That will be a significant emotional factor the Colts and they certainly don't have nothing to play for.

Plus, they are not in the same situation as the Manning Colts of recent memory. They are a young team, inexperienced at the QB position at least, and they are playing against a team that is playing for the #1 seed. I can see them playing for the win both for Coach Pagano and to give them some seasoning playing in games with playoff implications before the real thing starts.
Also Indy is looking at a one and done. They are going to have to go to NE in the wild card game and get killed. Maybe they want a statment game against Houston the final week. If they beat Houston the final week then they do not have to go to NE but will have to travel to Houston. They might prefer that.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:00 PM   #123
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

3 pages in and OP premise is still dumb as ****.

HFA in any of the 4 major American sports leagues will always trump any theoretical match up possibility.
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:35 PM   #124
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAT View Post
3 pages in and OP premise is still dumb as ****.

HFA in any of the 4 major American sports leagues will always trump any theoretical match up possibility.
yet you are the 5th leading poster in this thread - what does that say about you.

Besides not understanding simple concepts.

I get the feeling you are following me around the board - what is your motive?
Old 12-24-2012, 06:38 PM   #125
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Also Indy is looking at a one and done. They are going to have to go to NE in the wild card game and get killed. Maybe they want a statment game against Houston the final week. If they beat Houston the final week then they do not have to go to NE but will have to travel to Houston. They might prefer that.
Colts play Ravens