The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2012, 06:37 PM   #51
Bronco X
Ring of Famer

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/stor...-about-broncos

Quote:
DENVER BRONCOS (1)

Chris Berman (ESPN, 3) - Nine straight. Were they really 2-3?

Clifton Brown (Sporting News, 4) - MVP and Lombardi Trophy are real possibilities for Peyton Manning.

Cris Collinsworth (NBC Sports, 1)

Rich Gannon (CBS Sports/SiriusXM NFL Radio, 2) - Nine straight wins behind a top 5 offense and defense, solid!

Bob Glauber (Newsday, 2) - Chris Harris with the longest interception return in Broncos history, and Peyton Manning with another solid effort as Denver makes it nine straight to get in position for a first-round bye.

Rick Gosselin (Dallas Morning News, 1) - The Broncos have a nine-game winning streak to surge to 11-3. QB Peyton Manning has had previous winning streaks of 14, 13, and 11 games in his career at Indianapolis.

Clark Judge (CBSSports.com, 1) - The Broncos haven't lost since early October and won't lose the next two weeks. They're hot, they're complete and they have Peyton. What's not to like?

Ira Kaufman (Tampa Tribune, 1) - Don't forget about a defense that has yielded the fewest points in the AFC.

Pat Kirwan (SiriusXM NFL Radio/CBSSports.com, 1) - Peyton Manning can run his no-huddle offense on the road as well as he does at home. The defensive pass rush is exceptional and Knowshon Moreno continues to impress as the running back.

John Lynch (Fox Sports, 1) - The Broncos keep rolling and as of now hold the No. 2 seed. This is a team that has the characteristics that translate into playoff success; elite QB, running game, top flight D that can stop the run and get after the passer (Von Miller) and an explosive return game thanks to the midseason pick up of Trindon Holliday.

Alex Marvez (Foxsports.com, 2) - It's hard to believe, but a team featuring Peyton Manning at quarterback is actually flying under the radar when it comes to media Super Bowl talk. That won't remain the case if Denver keeps its nine-game winning streak rolling into the postseason.

Dan Pompei (Chicago Tribune, 2) - As if they didn't have enough going for them, now Knowshon Moreno is finally showing why he was a first-round pick.
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:46 PM   #52
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
You know that is a very good point. We all know our schedule was front loaded and this team had not yet come together in terms of all that was new. But as you mentioned, we have only lost to the best teams in the NFL, probably the best teams in the NFL along with us and the 49'ers. YET, we are the ONLY team that has not lost a game to anybody else besides these teams in the top 5. Everybody else has lost games to scrubs or mediocre teams. At least that says to me, that this team was still coming together, even though we were in those games. It may cost us the #1 seed but it also could have forced this team to improve much faster then if we had some scrubs early. Being 2-3 and having played the elite teams showed us how fast we needed to improve, and that we did.
who you lose to and when IMO does not mean all that much..

NE lost to some scrubs because every team they play feels like it is their Superbowl if they can beat them..

next year we will have the target on our backs, this year not so much.. the next two games for us will be the browns and chefs Superbowl games.. hoping they can knock us out of the #2 seed..

I take the "who they lost to" witha grain of salt..Till they get near this time of year.. NOW they all count..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:36 AM   #53
Rocket 7
Formerly known as Dipso

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Smith 70

#1 in the latest ESPN rankings

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...-they-voted-34
Rocket 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:42 AM   #54
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll15Hyde View Post
ESPN gave SF a jump over us to #1
http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings
Espn has us as #1?
Eldorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:03 PM   #55
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

We're going to be ranked 1, but no one is picking us to make it to the AFCCG let alone the SB. It's ok. We're about as in stealth mode as you can be as a team with the longest active winning streak in the NFL.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:06 PM   #56
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
next year we will have the target on our backs, this year not so much...
That's not what you said in September Chicken Little.
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:08 PM   #57
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Toss up: Denver and Atlanta for #1. Really, doesn't matter. Nice to have some people kissing the Broncos' arses, but I'd rather see the Lombardi in Denver.
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:33 PM   #58
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket 7 View Post
Last week Clayton had us at #5 and Atlanta at #1....we beat the crappy Browns at home and Atlanta knocks the lions down OTR, and we jump them.

He was wrong having us at 5, but thats the way he is...inconsistent
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:04 PM   #59
Paladin
Ring of Famer

I believe the pundits are mad at Manning. Of all the sexy teams He could have signed with, he chose Denver, the Queen City of the Flyover Zone. In fact, I think they are begrudgingly ranking Denver, and talking about everybody else because they are mad. PFM did not sign with their more favored team, and HE is having a h3ll of a year.......

I also believe that the Bronco fans are still in shock that PFM came to Denver, the Queen City of the Flyover Zone. It's a good town, fills the stadium, but is not sexy like San Francisco. Or even Tennesee where He went to College. But Denver, the Queen City of the Flyover Zone? Where the laughing stock Season of Tebow won a few games but just flat crashed when they played the Big Boys. Even the Fans are scared of the Big Boys......

So, yeah, Denver, the Queens City of the Flyover Zone has a good team, but PFM cannot be all the stories, now can he?

The Queen City of the Flyover Zone? Imagine that.....
Old 12-24-2012, 01:07 PM   #60
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldorado View Post
Espn has us as #1?
check the timeline... that was post Ravens week
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:39 PM   #61
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

Yep, Denver ranked #1, I am sure plenty of sports writers are mad as hell about this.

Go Broncos.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:46 PM   #62
g6matty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
I believe the pundits are mad at Manning. Of all the sexy teams He could have signed with, he chose Denver, the Queen City of the Flyover Zone. In fact, I think they are begrudgingly ranking Denver, and talking about everybody else because they are mad. PFM did not sign with their more favored team, and HE is having a h3ll of a year.......

I also believe that the Bronco fans are still in shock that PFM came to Denver, the Queen City of the Flyover Zone. It's a good town, fills the stadium, but is not sexy like San Francisco. Or even Tennesee where He went to College. But Denver, the Queen City of the Flyover Zone? Where the laughing stock Season of Tebow won a few games but just flat crashed when they played the Big Boys. Even the Fans are scared of the Big Boys......

So, yeah, Denver, the Queens City of the Flyover Zone has a good team, but PFM cannot be all the stories, now can he?

The Queen City of the Flyover Zone? Imagine that.....
This post was really dum
Old 12-24-2012, 03:10 PM   #63
Armchair Bronco

I think it should be Denver #1, Seattle #2.

Seattle has beaten GB, NE, and SF and the last 3 games they are averaging close to 50 points, while surrendering less than 7 points per game. Enough said.
Old 12-24-2012, 03:33 PM   #64
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

This is the first time in many years that I haven't checked the power rankings on a weekly basis. These Broncos are so good that it really doesn't matter to me what some Poindexter behind a laptop has to say about them. The playoffs will determine who is number 1 or 2, etc.

That all being said, the Broncos & Pats are the two best teams in the AFC, and the NFC has 4 legitimate teams that can make it to the Bowl, IMO (GB, SF, Seattle, & Atlanta). There will be no 9-7 team that makes it this year; again, IMO.

This team is a legitimate SB contender, and in the coming month, we will find out just how legitimate they are.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:51 PM   #65
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by g6matty View Post
This post was really dum
If you are going to call something dumb you should at least try and spell the word right. Otherwise it makes you look 'dum'.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:39 PM   #66
Bacchus

How can Seattle not be #2?
Old 12-24-2012, 06:15 PM   #67
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Because they are a one trick pony....Any fool with internet access could see that the would boat race SF last night....They are one and done in the playoffs though.
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:01 PM   #68
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Seattle is 7-0 at home. They are 3-5 on the road. As a wildcard team, they will be out of the playoffs after the first round. That team cannot win on the road.

Their 3 road victories: Buffalo, Chicago, Carolina.

5 Road losses: Arizona, St. Louis, San Francisco, Detroit, Miami

Not exactly a murderer's row of road games.

Last edited by Rock Chalk; 12-24-2012 at 07:03 PM..
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:34 PM   #69
extralife
Ring of Famer

right now I think seattle can beat anyone anywhere

but SF will right the ship and GB is damn good right now too
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:40 PM   #70
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chalk View Post
Seattle is 7-0 at home. They are 3-5 on the road. As a wildcard team, they will be out of the playoffs after the first round. That team cannot win on the road.

Their 3 road victories: Buffalo, Chicago, Carolina.

5 Road losses: Arizona, St. Louis, San Francisco, Detroit, Miami

Not exactly a murderer's row of road games.
I can see that, the last month they have been playing very good football. I guess we'll see how far they have come the first week of the playoffs.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:46 PM   #71
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by g6matty View Post
This post was really dum
Thanks. I wrote it for you.

Old 12-24-2012, 10:49 PM   #72
bronc_fan23
Broncoholic

I'm Peyton Manning?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAT View Post
Because they are a one trick pony....Any fool with internet access could see that the would boat race SF last night....They are one and done in the playoffs though.
If Richard Sherman is suspended, I agree, if not, then watch out.
bronc_fan23 is offline   Reply With Quote