The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2012, 07:40 AM   #26
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Number 1 in Sacks

Attachment 31931

Last edited by Gutless Drunk; 10-18-2013 at 05:23 PM..
Gutless Drunk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:44 AM   #27
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
Yesterday we also had Porter in ( who immediately got dinged and went out in the 1st quarter), and Carter was not active ( a BAD decision). When Cleveland started moving the ball it was mostly passes to their left...wide open. Carter will be back on the field next week ( I doubt Porter plays again),
and the miscommunication we saw yesterday should not be happening.

As to the D being scored on. Yeah it has been happening and is somewhat worrisome. But the references to the first SD game were wrong. The defense really only allowed 7 points and one drive in the first half, and got put in BAD positions by the offense ( 17 points off turnovers). Down 24 -0
they stepped it up even more and shut out SD in the 2nd half.
M
The one thing that I do think is finally evening out is turnovers. We are finally receovirng fumbles ( both ours and theirs) and are getting more than giving mostly.
was not aware carter was not active. Did not follow it that close. That would explain it.

As for stats before the bye they are IMO meaningless, most of the players on either side of the LOS were babies in the schemes still trying to figure out where the door for the urinals were at.

I had really not had any expectations to win but one game maybe two if we got really lucky before the bye week.. Mainly due to the complexity of the schemes figured they would not be hitting on all cylinders till at least the end of the bye week if at all this year.

In Mannnings case it took years to have that mental mind meld with his recievers. Lots of his guys never got it till they had been in the scheme for 2-3 years and that was whennthey exploded.

As for JDR and his schemes I figured by the bye they would be doing much better than the O as defensive schemes are not as "team" oriented and more individual except for the back four maybe seven.

So I figured the first games were down the toilet. I was amazed at how fast it all came together. But before the bye lots of folks were making bad decisions and or mistakes, in route running or over estimating arm strength.

We have been good this year, but now comes the real teams the best of the best and in the past (decade) have folded like a cheap tent, because we were pretenders fattening up on inferior opponents during the regular season.

We were not mentally tough, or physically good enough to play with the big boys in the play offs and it showed in the scores of the games. When playing teams that were mentally tough and not beat up we got our asses kicked.

Let hope with Manning here and good tough coaching that is all in the past.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:47 AM   #28
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
Number 1 in Sacks

Attachment 31931
Which is great but note only three playoff teams are in that mix. Maybe four if MIN gets in.

Sometimes stats are for loser fans. Something they can crow about in the off season.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:26 AM   #29
Kaylore
Greatest owner in Denver

6 AFCC's 2 SB's!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I don't get Indy. They are 7th in offense and 20-something in defense. I really think teams don't take them seriously or something and let them sneak-beat them. They are all emotion.

Last edited by Kaylore; 12-24-2012 at 10:38 AM..
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:31 AM   #30
CEH
Ring of Famer

This the the most TDs Manning has throw in his career (and not done yet) except for 49 in 2004 Pretty impressive . Gotta think next year will even be better when we add the explosive slot WR
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:32 AM   #31
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Number 1 in Sacks

Attachment 31931
The announcer during the Bengals game Sunday said the Bengals were #1 in sacks. What a tool. I guess they were, but only for a few hours, lol. Man would I love to have Geno Atkins on this Defense. How often do you see those kind of sack totals from a DT?

Last edited by ZONA; 12-24-2012 at 11:34 AM..
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:36 AM   #32
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I don't get Indy. They are 7th in offense and 20-something in defense. I really think teams don't take them seriously or something and let them sneak-beat them. They are all emotion.
every week for their opponents is a trap game..

while Luck is pretty good, I think you are correct they are running on Pagano emo..
Old 12-24-2012, 12:24 PM   #33
troyjbath
Probably Drunk

Long time lurker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

What I find remarkable is the fact that the Broncos are #1 in 3rd down defense and #4 in 3rd down offense. This team is in the top 5 in just about every statistic that matters.
troyjbath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:59 PM   #34
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
I. HATE. THE. OFFSEASON!

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

May I offer a ads of caution. Back in the days of yore. 1996 Denver was ranked top ten in both offense and defense. With a second seed and first round bye on the playoffs, THE EFFFFFFFFFFING JACKSONVILLE JAGOFFS CAME TO MILE HIGH AND KICKED OUR ASSES! Guys this isn't baseball where stats came help predict the future. This is football and it bounces fun sometimes. Besides stats have a way of trucking you sometimes. Look at last year. We faced the number one pass defense in Pitt. Yet teebs passed 316 yards on them. Why? Pitt had to stack the box and left their corners one on one. Then there was the Pats last ranked pass defense. Considering Pats had a powerful offense other teams fell behind often. This forced other teams to pass on them more often resulting in giving up more yards. But you guys know all this. All I'm saying is each game is its own chess match not a continuation of a single match.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:07 PM   #35
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Good point, Hobo.

I dont think anyone is taking anything for granted. Certainly anything can happen, but we're just saying that at present, this looks like the best team out there. Is it concievable that a red hot Bengals could upset us in Round 2? Sure, but I think we'd need to seriously lose the turnover battle and/or have key injuries. No one is counting chickens. We know quite well what kinds of things can happen in the playoffs and we have the scars to prove it. I just think this is the best team we've had since 98, so I'd really be pissed off if they weren't in the SB. They ARE the AFC's best team. I'm not saying it is a lock they will get there, just that I'll be pissed off if they arent there due to how good they look and more importantly how consistently good they've been for months now.

Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:21 PM   #36
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
May I offer a ads of caution. Back in the days of yore. 1996 Denver was ranked top ten in both offense and defense. With a second seed and first round bye on the playoffs, THE EFFFFFFFFFFING JACKSONVILLE JAGOFFS CAME TO MILE HIGH AND KICKED OUR ASSES! Guys this isn't baseball where stats came help predict the future. This is football and it bounces fun sometimes. Besides stats have a way of trucking you sometimes. Look at last year. We faced the number one pass defense in Pitt. Yet teebs passed 316 yards on them. Why? Pitt had to stack the box and left their corners one on one. Then there was the Pats last ranked pass defense. Considering Pats had a powerful offense other teams fell behind often. This forced other teams to pass on them more often resulting in giving up more yards. But you guys know all this. All I'm saying is each game is its own chess match not a continuation of a single match.
something I have been saying all year..
Old 12-24-2012, 01:24 PM   #37
Kaylore
Greatest owner in Denver

6 AFCC's 2 SB's!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
The thing about this is we've been playing better every week and still have areas to improve. If there's one thing this team has done it's showed up for big games. since things clicked for them during the Chargers game.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:26 PM   #38
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
I. HATE. THE. OFFSEASON!

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Good point, Hobo.

I dont think anyone is taking anything for granted. Certainly anything can happen, but we're just saying that at present, this looks like the best team out there. Is it concievable that a red hot Bengals could upset us in Round 2? Sure, but I think we'd need to seriously lose the turnover battle and/or have key injuries. No one is counting chickens. We know quite well what kinds of things can happen in the playoffs and we have the scars to prove it. I just think this is the best team we've had since 98, so I'd really be pissed off if they weren't in the SB. They ARE the AFC's best team. I'm not saying it is a lock they will get there, just that I'll be pissed off if they arent there due to how good they look and more importantly how consistently good they've been for months now.
Thanks.

For me this is the worst time to start feeling confident. Before the media just ignored us. Which is fine. It lets us fly under the radar. Now everybody is looking at us and they are looking to set us up to smack us down. I think we all need to be like Manning and not look to far ahead. I swear to you that guy doesn't look pass the next door he's so focused.

Last edited by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun; 12-24-2012 at 01:38 PM..
Old 12-24-2012, 01:41 PM   #39
Kaylore
Greatest owner in Denver

6 AFCC's 2 SB's!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Thanks.

For me this is the worst time to start feeling confident. Before the media just ignored us. Which is fine. It lets us fly under the radar. Now everybody is looking at us and they are looking to set us up to smack us down. I think we all need to be like Manning and not look to far ahead. I swear to you that guy doesn't look pass the next door he's so focused.
We can look ahead all we want. We're not playing in the game.
Old 12-24-2012, 02:24 PM   #40
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Does anyone think this team looks as dominant as the 96 team? the 97 team? the 98 team?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:41 PM   #41
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Does anyone think this team looks as dominant as the 96 team? the 97 team? the 98 team?
Defense is better overall. Maybe not as great n the middle of the dline but better DEs. Better LBs and DBs.

Better overall on offense but at RB and maybe TE but instead OM one back then we have two that Maybe add up to sharpe.

The key on this team is they are going to get better. Those teams were built with 1-2 year rentals.
Old 12-24-2012, 03:47 PM   #42
troyjbath
Probably Drunk

Long time lurker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
I think we can put them in the same category as those teams, but its hard to say that this team is better or worse. I've re watched games from 96-98 in the past month and it opened my eyes to just how much the NFL has changed in the past 15 years. A lot of people forget that Elway only threw for 120 yards in super bowl 32. The Broncos relied heavily on Davis at RB and Elway's ability to get out of the pocket and make plays during that time. Comparing the offense from that era to the 2012 Broncos is like comparing apples to oranges. I'd like to think the 2012 defense is just as good as those in the late 90's run, but again it's hard to compare because the game has changed so much when it comes to bumping and making contact with receivers. Just my 2 cents.
Old 12-24-2012, 03:55 PM   #43
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyjbath View Post
I think we can put them in the same category as those teams, but its hard to say that this team is better or worse. I've re watched games from 96-98 in the past month and it opened my eyes to just how much the NFL has changed in the past 15 years. A lot of people forget that Elway only threw for 120 yards in super bowl 32. The Broncos relied heavily on Davis at RB and Elway's ability to get out of the pocket and make plays during that time. Comparing the offense from that era to the 2012 Broncos is like comparing apples to oranges. I'd like to think the 2012 defense is just as good as those in the late 90's run, but again it's hard to compare because the game has changed so much when it comes to bumping and making contact with receivers. Just my 2 cents.
Well the question was 'as dominant as' so you need not compare the teams to one another but rather decide if they dominate the rest of the teams in the league to the degree the 96/97/98 teams dominated the teams of their era.
Old 12-24-2012, 04:16 PM   #44
troyjbath
Probably Drunk

Long time lurker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Well the question was 'as dominant as' so you need not compare the teams to one another but rather decide if they dominate the rest of the teams in the league to the degree the 96/97/98 teams dominated the teams of their era.
I'd like to think so, but my objective opinion would be no. The 2012 Broncos haven't proven that they can beat elite teams as of yet. I hope they change my tune in January.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:08 PM   #45
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
I. HATE. THE. OFFSEASON!

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Quote:
I think this team is better than the '97, '96 and '98 on defense. Solid in coverage and you don't need to do all those crazy a$$ blitzing. On offense this team is better than both '96 and '97, but not '98. Just the fact the '98 team got out of the gate with 7, 14, 21 point leads before the half Heck they pulled Terrell Davis for the second half of games. .
Old 12-24-2012, 05:43 PM   #46
kupesdad
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
I agree I hate it when we start playing around instead of stepping on their throats when we can.

Run the damned score up take no hostages. Being the Seahawks and put up 50+ each week.

as for Kuper coming back. Rumor has it it is both ankles.

I get this feeling he will not be back. Maybe ever.

Maybe Kupes Dad can give us the real skinny.

But in the mean time do not hold your breath about him riding in to save the day.
it's both ankles, his back, his right arm, his fathers left and right shoulders and assorted bruises, c-sections, and tumors in his neighborhood.
kupesdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:47 PM   #47
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kupesdad View Post
it's both ankles, his back, his right arm, his fathers left and right shoulders and assorted bruises, c-sections, and tumors in his neighborhood.
Good one.

Do you think he will play any time soon?
Old 12-24-2012, 06:00 PM   #48
Action

Quote:
Number 1 in Sacks

Attachment 31931
Cinci has forced 16 fumbles and recovered all 16.

Must be nice.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:00 PM   #49
Agamemnon

Quote:
The '96 and '97 teams yes, but that '98 team was one of the most dominant teams I've ever seen. They let up late in the season and dropped some games they shouldn't have, but really when they were motivated no one had a chance.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:21 PM   #50
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by kupesdad View Post
Merry Christmas to Kupe, you, and yours Dad.

I get the feeling your post was in jest, and hope so. If not then,
tell him to rub some dirt on it ( he would end up really filthy if it's as bad as you say), and avoid that neighborhood for the reminder of his career.

And stop carrying shopping bags for the "Wimmen" of the family until after the playoffs are over, to heal up those backs, arms, and shoulders.

You may get a few more "bruises" from them for being anuses, but they will heal fast.

Anyway, we hope to see Kupe back on the field soon , and hope he is just resting up so it gets as healed up as possible before we need him in there for the post season.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote