The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2012, 09:43 PM   #151
g6matty

Lodestar do you have Facebook or anything I want too see the fag behind the username
Old 12-07-2012, 09:52 PM   #152
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
I still think Trevathan can be a great MLB for the Broncos. He has the speed, size, and was a tackling machine in college.

He's the same size and speed as Jon Beason...maybe faster.

Trevathan's playing time just keeps increasing...it's going to be very hard to keep him off the field.

WLB - Woodyard
MLB - Trevathan
SLB - Miller

I'm not sure that he has the capacity to make the front seven defense calls. Also I'd like my MLB to be closer to 250 than 220. But maybe he has the size to handle a few more pounds.

I know I have liked what I have seen of him, let's hope he can handle it and will get the rest ofthe year to sell himself for the job. If not it is time to get one in the Off season.

Thanks for actually posting about players. " Refreshing it is"- Yoda
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:25 PM   #153
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

well let us see in his past couple of games since the last post in here..

Code:
WK	Opp	Result	Tackles	Interceptions	Fumbles
                         Total	Solo	Ast	Sck	SFTY	PDef	Int	Yds	Avg	Lng	TDs	FF	FR
16 	CLE 	W 34-12 	0 	-- 	-- 	-- 	-- 	-- 	-- 	-- 	-- 	-- 	-- 	-- 	--
15 	@BAL 	W 34-17 	2 	2 	0 	0.0 	-- 	0 	-- 	-- 	-- 	-- 	-- 	0 	--
Did he even dress yesterday?

yep he is a valued player..

look to see him in NOL next year with his butt buddy vilma..
Old 12-24-2012, 01:27 PM   #154
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Hard to put up stats when you are only in there 2 or 3 series in a game. I understand that its because Woodyard is playing well so I get the reasoning, but it still sucks. I also hope he goes somehwere where he is used and wanted. Urlacher is about done, maybe move Briggs to MLB and put DJ at WLB, that would be cool. I'd be a very happy if he went to the Bears.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:30 PM   #155
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Hard to put up stats when you are only in there 2 or 3 series in a game. I understand that its because Woodyard is playing well so I get the reasoning, but it still sucks. I also hope he goes somehwere where he is used and wanted. Urlacher is about done, maybe move Briggs to MLB and put DJ at WLB, that would be cool. I'd be a very happy if he went to the Bears.
Next to Fletcher in their 34,imo. Then he can still get blitzes too. Chi wouldn't rush him nearly as often
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:34 PM   #156
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Next to Fletcher in their 34,imo. Then he can still get blitzes too. Chi wouldn't rush him nearly as often
I know you think he did well in the 3-4 in 09 and 10, but I think he's better in a 4-3....not that I would be complaining if he was on Washington, though.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:34 PM   #157
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
oh I bet you wooody

whoops meant to say I bet you would..

back with all you favs..
Old 12-24-2012, 01:34 PM   #158
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Well they seem to have acquired a taste for incredible athletes who are limited by incredibly poor mental acuity. He will fit right in!
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:35 PM   #159
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
oh I bet you wooody

back with all you favs..

Serious question for you lonestar. You seem to really hate it when a certain poster suggests they have a favorite player or anything else. Its not just me, I remember you were in it with some other dude who was talking about Thomas and you said "so you've got a bromace with DT, thats nice". Seriously dude what is your issue? People have favorite players, whats the problem with that?
Old 12-24-2012, 01:36 PM   #160
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
Well they seem to have acquired a taste for incredible athletes who are limited by incredibly poor mental acuity. He will fit right in!
Old 12-24-2012, 01:36 PM   #161
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
oh I bet you wooody

back with all you favs..

Serious question for you lonestar. You seem to really hate it when a certain poster suggests they have a favorite player or anything else. Its not just me, I remember you were in it with some other dude who was talking about Thomas and you said "so you've got a bromance with DT, thats nice". Seriously dude what is your issue? People have favorite players, whats the problem with that?
Old 12-24-2012, 01:37 PM   #162
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
Booo.

Honestly, if he went to the Bears I'd get a reversible Jay/DJ jersey. I know the reversibles are expensive, but it would definitely be worth it.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:40 PM   #163
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
I know you think he did well in the 3-4 in 09 and 10, but I think he's better in a 4-3....not that I would be complaining if he was on Washington, though.
I think it's where he belongs. Playing inside WITHOUT the mental responsibilities of checks, alignments, etc
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:47 PM   #164
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:

Serious question for you lonestar. You seem to really hate it when a certain poster suggests they have a favorite player or anything else. Its not just me, I remember you were in it with some other dude who was talking about Thomas and you said "so you've got a bromance with DT, thats nice". Seriously dude what is your issue? People have favorite players, whats the problem with that?
the whole idea about a message board for fans is so they can talk about the team.

I have zero issues with that..

when someone really drools over a player then IMO is is a bit unhealthy..

when folks point out that the players are not all that, people get there butt hurt and defend them to the nth degree.. then it becomes fair game..

I have said since dumb asses first DUI that he should be gone and that his numbers have slipped and that WW would be just as good if not better mostly because he is a smart player..

OM is the bigs not your ordinary football forum, time to grow some or hair up.. or go back to namby pamby BC..

as for the DT comment I do not recall it but there must have been a real love fest going on about him, To my knowledge I have never had an issue with him since day one.. therefore some must have really been drooling about him..
Old 12-24-2012, 01:47 PM   #165
CEH
Ring of Famer

Denver needs to find it's own Bobby Wagner next year
CEH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:49 PM   #166
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I think it's where he belongs. Playing inside WITHOUT the mental responsibilities of checks, alignments, etc
called that one correctly..

a hell of an athlete, but dumb as a box of rocks..
Old 12-24-2012, 01:53 PM   #167
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
the whole idea about a message board for fans is so they can talk about the team.

I have zero issues with that..

when someone really drools over a player then IMO is is a bit unhealthy..

when folks point out that the players are not all that, people get there butt hurt and defend them to the nth degree.. then it becomes fair game..

I have said since dumb asses first DUI that he should be gone and that his numbers have slipped and that WW would be just as good if not better mostly because he is a smart player..

OM is the bigs not your ordinary football forum, time to grow some or hair up.. or go back to namby pamby BC..

as for the DT comment I do not recall it but there must have been a real love fest going on about him, To my knowledge I have never had an issue with him since day one.. therefore some must have really been drooling about him..
. Weak response but at least you gave your reasoning. Its not mutually exclusive you know. I root for the Broncos too...ofcourse I'm not balls to the wall for them like I was as a younger person, but I still support them and root for them and follow them quite closely. The Broncos are still my favorite NFL football team and my No. 3 team in sports overall, which is pretty damn good. Rooting for a player and the team isnt not mutually exclusive so you shouldnt have an issue with it. Those are my guys. They aren't persona non grata just because they arent on the team anymore. I don't look at it that way. This isn't the old USSR where someone became a non-person when they weren't in the Soviet leadership anymore. That's not how I look at things. I'll root for my favorites no matter where they are. One can walk and chew gum at the same time. To each their own, dude.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:55 PM   #168
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:

Serious question for you lonestar. You seem to really hate it when a certain poster suggests they have a favorite player or anything else. Its not just me, I remember you were in it with some other dude who was talking about Thomas and you said "so you've got a bromace with DT, thats nice". Seriously dude what is your issue? People have favorite players, whats the problem with that?
He rarely has anything good to say about any Broncos players. The guys he has drooled over (Peyton Hillis, etc.) ended up sucking balls anyways. In over ten years of posting with him on football forums, there isn't a quality take on a player that can even be remembered. He openly embraced Josh McDaniels and thought he was the best thing since sliced bread. You already know his Tanahan daft doodle discussions to a T.

You are trying to get sense out of a guy who dismissed guys like Marshall, Dumervil, Clady, etc. all because of the level of competition they faced in college, regardless of the fact that they are top(s) at their respective positions in the NFL. He is a negative Nancy, who thinks that he has something to offer in regards to a good opinion because he has been a "fan" since Day 1 and was a lineman back when dudes put on leather helmets.

He is a farce and a sham, and as stated (from his own typing) -- his only purpose on this board is to troll.

Last edited by Requiem; 12-24-2012 at 01:57 PM..
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:57 PM   #169
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
He rarely has anything good to say about any Broncos players. The guys he has drooled over (Peyton Hillis, etc.) ended up sucking balls anyways. In over ten years of posting with him on football forums, there isn't a quality take on a player that can even be remembered.

You are trying to get sense out of a guy who dismissed guys like Marshall, Dumervil, Clady, etc. all because of the level of competition they faced in college, regardless of the fact that they are top(s) at their respective positions in the NFL. He is a negative Nancy, who thinks that he has something to offer in regards to a good opinion because he has been a "fan" since Day 1 and was a lineman back when dudes put on leather helmets.

He is a farce and a sham.
Wow I didnt know he liked Hillis. Interesting to know. Thanks Req.
Old 12-24-2012, 02:08 PM   #170
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
I just think it is funny that he says that you following DJ Williams and supporting him (which makes sense, since he was a Cane and Bronco) is unhealthy, when he has been kicked off virtually every forum because of his trolling on Mike Shanahan and other ridiculous anti-Broncos behavior.

Yep, rooting for a college favorite on your favorite NFL team is sure unhealthy -- but posting diatribe on a HOF coach who helped us win two Super Bowls is completely the opposite. This guy is so insane it is beyond belief.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:13 PM   #171
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
well once again dream is distorting the facts..

but I'd expect that from a kid I've had to ban damned near a dozen times from another forum..

I was not a clady fan because he played at BS against weak competition.. Have said many times I was wrong .. But now not sure that he is going to be worth the money he is going to want..

as for Doom called him and one trick pony because all he does it sack and frankly not worth the money again for being the highest paid bronco on the team..

was dead on about my takes on DJ, Cutlet, mikey, Marshall , ashely, moss, foster and numerous other DAFT choices that mikey made..

I still say that mikey was and is a great OC but beyond that I'm not sure of his validity of the money he was making..

I liked Hillis because he was a big back that could take the punishment.. did not like tater because he was a poortiss wannabe.

Liked Mike Anderson and the direction that Josh was going to take this team.. we needed to get bigger and tougher mikeys finesse offense and defense got our asses kicked when the chips were down..

I think just looking at who we are today vs 5 years ago it is light years ahead..

as for the chicken **** shot about wearing leather helmets at least I strapped a helmet on verse learning how to play on madden and FF..

just more crap from a punk that should have been banned a dozen more times here for his rude and childish commentary..

think that is about it.. I have work to do..
Old 12-24-2012, 02:15 PM   #172
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
I just think it is funny that he says that you following DJ Williams and supporting him (which makes sense, since he was a Cane and Bronco) is unhealthy, when he has been kicked off virtually every forum because of his trolling on Mike Shanahan and other ridiculous anti-Broncos behavior.

Yep, rooting for a college favorite on your favorite NFL team is sure unhealthy -- but posting diatribe on a HOF coach who helped us win two Super Bowls is completely the opposite. This guy is so insane it is beyond belief.

DJ has always been a favorite of mine because he was the greatest HS player I ever saw (also saw Daylon McCutcheon in HS and he was great also) and easily my favorite recruit in the 2000 class. And then he chose my college team (Schiano was his main recruiter, oddly enough) and did very well there and was drafted by my pro team and did very well when they allowed him to play his spot. He has had his issues which I hope he can correct but I'll always be grateful to him for how well he played for both of my teams.

Old 12-24-2012, 02:17 PM   #173
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
. Weak response but at least you gave your reasoning. Its not mutually exclusive you know. I root for the Broncos too...ofcourse I'm not balls to the wall for them like I was as a younger person, but I still support them and root for them and follow them quite closely. The Broncos are still my favorite NFL football team and my No. 3 team in sports overall, which is pretty !@#$%^&* good. Rooting for a player and the team isnt not mutually exclusive so you shouldnt have an issue with it. Those are my guys. They aren't persona non grata just because they arent on the team anymore. I don't look at it that way. This isn't the old USSR where someone became a non-person when they weren't in the Soviet leadership anymore. That's not how I look at things. I'll root for my favorites no matter where they are. One can walk and chew gum at the same time. To each their own, dude.

yeah yeah yeah, your drooling over mikey, cutlet, Bm and numerous other players or ex players says other wise..

I call it like i see it regardless of your status on the forum..

BTW I like several other teams as well as players in the NFL , just do not gush over them..
Old 12-24-2012, 02:20 PM   #174
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Well, Bears are one of your 3 favorite teams so I could see your reasoning.
Why of all the Broncos players, you have to pick the one who is a pretty much a douche as part of the face of Broncos football? A guy with his suspensions and his drinking issues? I know he is Miami U but for God sakes, I didn't get all pissed off when Billy Miller (USC) went to the Texans! I know it might be tough to find a stand up guy from South Florida area but you can replace him with some standout guys without so much baggage.
The 3 Amigo Douchebags: Cutler, Williams and Marshall .
There is a hot shirt item.

Porter got beat out of his spot after one game. Why can't Williams beat out WW? He isn't as good as WW and probably expendable for next season. With that being said, I hope he kicks some ass when he is in there. He is a Broncos player for the 2012 season.

EDIT: SOCal, just read your post but I would hide that excitement for the last few years.

Last edited by broncocalijohn; 12-24-2012 at 02:25 PM..
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:27 PM   #175
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

I'm not a huge fan of Marshall dude. I wish him well and I am rooting for him to do well on Chicago but he isn't an all-time favorite or anything like that like the others. I said at the time we would have to trade him due to how the former CBA was it severely limited recovery in morals clauses, so it was hard to insure the risk. I like Marshall as a player, but he isn't in the category with the rest, John.

(Plus, Khan sends me vicious text messages every time I say something even remotely positive about Marshall, so I'd rather not get those. ).