The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Is Shanahan going to make it through the season?
Yes 61 83.56%
No 8 10.96%
It's Griese's fault 12 16.44%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-24-2012, 10:51 AM   #301
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
How would this thread be if Redskins actually missed the playoffs next week ? Cowboys coming to Washington DC with the flex game and everything to play for and choke big time.

But in reality for me, GO REDSKINS!
Glad you are onboard

That would be devastating. This fan base could not handle that, not to Dallas. I'm hoping they romp them early and the cowboys collapse.

It should be one LOUD place. FedEx is crazy for playoff clinching games like the one from 2007 where Todd Collins and the skins spanked the cowboys.
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:56 AM   #302
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
Glad you are onboard

That would be devastating. This fan base could not handle that, not to Dallas. I'm hoping they romp them early and the cowboys collapse.

It should be one LOUD place. FedEx is crazy for playoff clinching games like the one from 2007 where Todd Collins and the skins spanked the cowboys.
I have been on board because of 1) RG3, 2) liked Redskins back in the Kilmer days and always had a soft spot for them and 3) I hate the Cowboys, Giants and Vick. While I loved Shanny for the Broncos' SB rings, I had grown to realize he lost it at the end of his reign. It doesn't change anything if he succeeds in Washington. The top 3 reasons with Shanny being the 4th reason. If Shanny fails next week, Lonestar is going to have a field day here. He hasn't had much to say lately so that is a good thing. I guess that would be my 5th reason to have Redskins win the division.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:58 AM   #303
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
How would this thread be if Redskins actually missed the playoffs next week ? Cowboys coming to Washington DC with the flex game and everything to play for and choke big time.

Nick Foles was an absolute abortion yesterday on that last drive. Romo and Bryant will not be that bad and will put up points. RGIII will need that extra gear to keep up . One he did not have yesterday. Pretty pedestrain lowest offensive output of the seasn (sans the Pitts game) agains the 26th ranked defense
CEH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:01 AM   #304
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Lol he's SO mad. Check out his first response:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
And you still don't know how to read, so it evens out.

btw, please get some help. You have some serious, serious personal and character issues. I don't know what happened to you as a child or later in life, but you have some major issues. I feel sorry about your state of mind. Maybe you will be rehabbed one day.

It's funny that they let people like you write a book. How are the sales going? we need more ****ed up people in america, don't we.

It's time for you to shut up dude. Really, go back and read your posts and your constant attacks and immaturity at not just me but others as well.

You are pathetic. Your life is pathetic. Just go back and read your posts, you will see.

edit: it's not even worth discussing anything with you because you are too imamture and a nut case to do so. But before you go in your little hole, why don't you list us Shanahan coached teams defense rankings over the years.

and then let us know if that's OBJECTIVE enough; if you even know what the real meaning of that word is.
Personally, my favorite part is that he's so flustered that he's going back and editing EVERY ****ing post

Hey RB, it puts the lotion on its skin or it gets the hose again?

PS. How many Gibbs family ***** can you take at once?
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:02 AM   #305
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

While socals fanboiism is well documented....It's pretty funny to see rev go all macgruder and believe the MS is a "front runner" for COY.
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:07 AM   #306
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
Nick Foles was an absolute abortion yesterday on that last drive. Romo and Bryant will not be that bad and will put up points. RGIII will need that extra gear to keep up . One he did not have yesterday. Pretty pedestrain lowest offensive output of the seasn (sans the Pitts game) agains the 26th ranked defense
Yep, that's why I mentioned earlier in the thread if the skins play like they did yesterday, Romo and company will light them up.

Foles threw a bad INT, got sacked a few times including losing the ball once and he had a handful of WTF throws.

The iggles fans at the Linc were like WTF FOLES?

Romo and the cowboys would tear that kind of performance to shreds, but i expect the skins to understand that and come with more of a Giants MNF type performance and bother Romo like they did with Eli. Fingers crossed.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:08 AM   #307
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAT View Post
While socals fanboiism is well documented....It's pretty funny to see rev go all macgruder and believe the MS is a "front runner" for COY.
I've said many times I think it should be Arians/Pagano. It's many many NFL circles nominating Shanahan, not me.

Btw, remember claiming he'd never coach in the NFL again? Nice work per usual. Right there with Orton going to the pro bowl.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:09 AM   #308
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I have been on board because of 1) RG3, 2) liked Redskins back in the Kilmer days and always had a soft spot for them and 3) I hate the Cowboys, Giants and Vick. While I loved Shanny for the Broncos' SB rings, I had grown to realize he lost it at the end of his reign. It doesn't change anything if he succeeds in Washington. The top 3 reasons with Shanny being the 4th reason. If Shanny fails next week, Lonestar is going to have a field day here. He hasn't had much to say lately so that is a good thing. I guess that would be my 5th reason to have Redskins win the division.
They are a fun team for sure. RGIII just elevates everyone, it's a treat to watch that offense and everyone is just following his lead.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:14 AM   #309
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:

That has never happened to a Mike Shanahan coached team. Has it?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:29 AM   #310
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
That has never happened to a Mike Shanahan coached team. Has it?
and why I put it out there. Broncos fans against Shanny will sure bring it up while the Apologists will blame everyone but Shanahan. Up to this point, you have to give Shanny credit but he has one major hurdle to go. Better not be the Chargers game to end the season type performance
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:31 AM   #311
HAT

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I've said many times I think it should be Arians/Pagano. It's many many NFL circles nominating Shanahan, not me.

Btw, remember claiming he'd never coach in the NFL again? Nice work per usual. Right there with Orton going to the pro bowl.
I can't see him being top 5.

And quit making **** up...In wolfs original fire shanny thread I said he'd probably win a other SB someday bit that it would never happen again as HC in Demver.

Hell, I'd like to see him back in Denver someday....as Fox's successor's QB coach.
Never happen with Elway though.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:41 AM   #312
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:

And quit making **** up...In wolfs original fire shanny thread I said he'd probably win a other SB someday bit that it would never happen again as HC in Demver.

Hell, I'd like to see him back in Denver someday....as Fox's successor's QB coach.
My bad if that wasn't you. I'll have to dig it up later to mock that person properly.

The latter portion of this post is just as stupid though, but you know it and did it intentionally so meh.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:41 AM   #313
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:

You can't see him being in the Top 5 vote getters for COY? Really? He's won 6 in a row and has a 9-6 record with a rookie QB (two actually) and without his star TE or best defender. That's not worth serious consideration? Why wouldn't it be? (Seriously, I want to know your reasoning)

And yes, he would never be a QB coach here or anywhere else. He's been a HC for like almost 20 years, why would he be a QB coach here (or anywhere)? I don't think he would coach here again no matter what it was. To him, the old man is probably the new Al Davis and I wouldn't blame him one bit for having that belief.

SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:48 AM   #314
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
You can't see him being in the Top 5 vote getters for COY? Really? He's won 6 in a row and has a 9-6 record with a rookie QB (two actually) and without his star TE or best defender. That's not worth serious consideration? Why wouldn't it be? (Seriously, I want to know your reasoning)

And yes, he would never be a QB coach here or anywhere else. He's been a HC for like almost 20 years, why would he be a QB coach here (or anywhere)? I don't think he would coach here again no matter what it was. To him, the old man is probably the new Al Davis and I wouldn't blame him one bit for having that belief.
Mike Shanahan has a lot more respect for Pat Bowlen than you do.

The next Al Davis - you got to be kidding me.

As for cheap he just handed manning 18 mil guaranteed and there was no guarantee he could play at a high level.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:51 AM   #315
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Mike Shanahan has a lot more respect for Pat Bowlen than you do.

The next Al Davis - you got to be kidding me.

As for cheap he just handed manning 18 mil guaranteed and there was no guarantee he could play at a high level.
Yes, they paid Manning 19m and paid for some TEs and whatnot....and STILL ended up like 12m under. What does it tell you that they paid all these sums and were still among the league leaders in having money left under? Major props to Elway for putting together the roster with budget restrictions (he's freely said in teh past the cap is different from their own budget...mad props to him, he has been a great GM, I thought he would be green, he has been better than I thought by a mile).

I'm not going to get into that again....because I know Khan is doing an analysis to prove the contrary (and I've already laid out my proof in prior posts), so I look forward to reading (and taking apart) his analysis when it comes.

Bottom line is this...when I saw an interview with Shanny awhile back after he got fired, I remember a line he said, he said something like "Pat Bowlen will always be a friend for life" and when he said that, I could see seething hatred in his eyes dude, he had that look that you know of when he has it...and I smiled, because I share the same view. I know its there and I know he's furious and I don't blame him one bit. He's going to kick the crap out of Dallas. I'm so proud of him for overcoming alot of adversity this year with injuries and getting TWO rookie QBs ready to play at a high level in the NFL.

Old 12-24-2012, 11:55 AM   #316
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Gotta make Khan angry before he'll do it.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:57 AM   #317
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Gotta make Khan angry before he'll do it.
. Khan told me he is about halfway thru his analysis and will probably have it ready for an offseason post, so I am looking forward to reading it. I already joked with him that Mike Klis will probably lift large portions of Khan's work for an article so he can curry favor with the team...........again. He liked that...he liked it even more when I told him Santa was going to leave Mike Klis some kneepads in his stocking.

Old 12-24-2012, 11:58 AM   #318
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Yes, they paid Manning 19m and paid for some TEs and whatnot....and STILL ended up like 12m under. What does it tell you that they paid all these sums and were still among the league leaders in having money left under? Major props to Elway for putting together the roster with budget restrictions (he's freely said in teh past the cap is different from their own budget...mad props to him, he has been a great GM, I thought he would be green, he has been better than I thought by a mile).

I'm not going to get into that again....because I know Khan is doing an analysis to prove the contrary (and I've already laid out my proof in prior posts), so I look forward to reading (and taking apart) his analysis when it comes.

Bottom line is this...when I saw an interview with Shanny awhile back after he got fired, I remember a line he said, he said something like "Pat Bowlen will always be a friend for life" and when he said that, I could see seething hatred in his eyes dude, he had that look that you know of when he has it...and I smiled, because I share the same view. I know its there and I know he's furious and I don't blame him one bit. He's going to kick the crap out of Dallas. I'm so proud of him for overcoming alot of adversity this year with injuries and getting TWO rookie QBs ready to play at a high level in the NFL.
So what you are saying is Mike Shanahan is a hypocrite of the first degree.

Would you say on national TV someone was a friend for life if you in fact hated his guts. No you would not and neither would Mike Shanahan. I thought you had more respect for Shanny?
Old 12-24-2012, 12:01 PM   #319
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:

Would you say on national TV someone was a friend for life if you in fact hated his guts. No you would not and neither would Mike Shanahan. I thought you had more respect for Shanny?
WTF is he going to say, "Yeah, I ****ing hate him. I did all this work to put together all these great pieces for my offensive system and now we just had to work on the D and he pulled the rug out from under me even though I was coaching with the 20th best paid roster, so I think he's a ****ing douchebag prick that is drunk and senile and isn't fit to own a team". There's such a thing as tact and PR and taking the high road baja, especially in media interviews that many people will be watching. Remember, he still lives I believe in the Denver area, at least some of the year. No need to piss off any locals. He's a professional guy first and foremost...even when others arent very professional to him.

Old 12-24-2012, 12:02 PM   #320
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:

If Bowlen were as cheap as you endlessly claim he would have passed on Manning kept Tebow for cheap, filled the stadium and sold a shiit load of tee shirts.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:03 PM   #321
HAT

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:

Put the bong down Baja and maybe you'd get the joke. That is actually an awesome line by Shanny on the way out if true.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:05 PM   #322
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
If Bowlen were as cheap as you endlessly claim he would have passed on Manning kept Tebow for cheap, filled the stadium and sold a shiit load of tee shirts.
Elway didnt want Tebow anymore...we all know that. Elway wanted to go get a QB that he felt comfortable with and Manning was available. To Elway's credit, he did a great job of persuading Manning to come here and considering we were like 40-45m below the cap, we were going to have to spend at least something. We still ended up like 12m under and thats prolly where their budget was (and he's made it clear that the cap is different than their budget). Thankfully this coming offseason there will be a cap floor, I think its like 94% of the cap, so no more game playing by the old man or his butt buddy Ellis. They have to give John all the resources he needs to keep this club together.

Old 12-24-2012, 12:07 PM   #323
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
WTF is he going to say, "Yeah, I ****ing hate him. I did all this work to put together all these great pieces for my offensive system and now we just had to work on the D and he pulled the rug out from under me even though I was coaching with the 20th best paid roster, so I think he's a ****ing douchebag prick that is drunk and senile and isn't fit to own a team". There's such a thing as tact and taking the high road baja. Remember, he still lives I believe in the Denver area, at least some of the year. No need to piss off any locals. He's a professional guy first and foremost...even when others arent very professional to him.
You can take the high road without calling the guy a "Friend for life"

Go dig up what Shanahan said about Al Davis when he got fired there. I'm sure he didn't call him his friend for life so he could take the "high road". Shanny is the king of double speak you really think his "friend for life" statement was the best he could come up with in order t take the high road. Sometimes you amaze me So Cal.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:08 PM   #324
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Elway didnt want Tebow anymore...we all know that. Elway wanted to go get a QB that he felt comfortable with and Manning was available. To Elway's credit, he did a great job of persuading Manning to come here and considering we were like 40-45m below the cap, we were going to have to spend at least something. We still ended up like 12m under and thats prolly where their budget was (and he's made it clear that the cap is different than their budget). Thankfully this coming offseason there will be a cap floor, I think its like 94% of the cap, so no more game playing by the old man or his butt buddy Ellis. They have to give John all the resources he needs to keep this club together.
and who hired Elway?
Old 12-24-2012, 12:09 PM   #325
DENVERDUI55

Shanny would of been fired in the past few years if he stayed. Everyone here would be all over Cutler and he would be headed out of town and the defense would still be the worst in the league. I will always love what Shanny did here but his time to go was when he did get the hook. It is similar to Fox in Carolina doesn't mean he can't coach but in the best interest of both party's time to move on.