The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2012, 10:20 PM   #76
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I'm still debating if i want to see willis or no-shoe starting
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:36 PM   #77
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

The #1 seed matters more in the NFC than it does in the AFC.....between 1990-2010

AFC #1 seeds are 22-19 in post season games (.537) NFC 37-14 (.725)

AFC #2 seeds are 25-18 in post season games (.581) NFC 24-18 (.571)

AFC #3 seeds are 22-20 in post season games (.524) NFC 14-21 (.400)

Overall the #1 seeds (combined AFC-NFC) are 59-33 (.641) #2's are 49-36 (.576) and #3's are 36-41 (.468)

Thirty-two of the 42 Super Bowl teams since 1990 have either been a #1 or #2 seed. The NFC #1 seed has won seven Super Bowls since 1990, most during that time. The AFC #2 and NFC #2 have each won three during that time. The NFC #1 seed has played in 12 of the 21 Super Bowls since 1990; the AFC #1 seed is second with eight Super Bowl appearances since 1990.

Last edited by errand; 12-23-2012 at 10:40 PM..
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:47 PM   #78
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Baja has a good point, what would be even sweeter though is winning the number 1 seed and having NE lose next weekend too to still remain a wild card team and Houston with a loss would swap places with us for the #2 seed.

Then NE gets to play three games to make it to the big Dance and will go through Houston first .. should they win their wild card game .. before ever possibly coming to us at Mile High for the AFCC game, already beat to a pulp by two other hungry playoff teams.

NE is looking a bit tired the last two games and injuries are mounting. Tom Terrific even looks like he needs a couple weeks off. So forcing them to go through the wild card process is a good thing.

We can NOT take the Chiefs lightly here next week. This will be their SB and while we should win handily we all know that when it comes to the Chiefs we can only gloat about stomping them after the fact each year as the usually split with us anyway historically no matter how good or bad each team may be in a given year.

Good news is we will know about the Houston-Indy (at Indy) and NE-Miami (at NE) games next week before our late game at 4:15pm EST. If Houston loses we still have to play KC like it means everything.

if both teams Houstion and NE win we still ahve to play lights out to win to insure our bye week. But if Houston wins and NE loses we could rest key players and play Brock and an assortment of younger backups for much of the game as it wouldnt matter whether we won or lost as far as keeping the number 2 seed and the bye.

Not sure if Fox will do that,what with having to prepare all out all week anyway, but it would give more flexibility and I could see him sitting Peyton, Champ and maybe Von/Doom and a few others at the half if there is nothing more than a 13-3 record to play for and we have a decent lead at half in any event.
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:02 PM   #79
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulamau View Post
Baja has a good point, what would be even sweeter though is winning the number 1 seed and having NE lose next weekend too to still remain a wild card team and Houston with a loss would swap places with us for the #2 seed.

Then NE gets to play three games to make it to the big Dance and will go through Houston first .. should they win their wild card game .. before ever possibly coming to us at Mile High for the AFCC game, already beat to a pulp by two other hungry playoff teams.

NE is looking a bit tired the last two games and injuries are mounting. Tom Terrific even looks like he needs a couple weeks off. So forcing them to go through the wild card process is a good thing.

We can NOT take the Chiefs lightly here next week. This will be their SB and while we should win handily we all know that when it comes to the Chiefs we can only gloat about stomping them after the fact each year as the usually split with us anyway historically no matter how good or bad each team may be in a given year.

Good news is we will know about the Houston-Indy (at Indy) and NE-Miami (at NE) games next week before our late game at 4:15pm EST. If Houston loses we still have to play KC like it means everything.

if both teams Houstion and NE win we still ahve to play lights out to win to insure our bye week. But if Houston wins and NE loses we could rest key players and play Brock and an assortment of younger backups for much of the game as it wouldnt matter whether we won or lost as far as keeping the number 2 seed and the bye.

Not sure if Fox will do that,what with having to prepare all out all week anyway, but it would give more flexibility and I could see him sitting Peyton, Champ and maybe Von/Doom and a few others at the half if there is nothing more than a 13-3 record to play for and we have a decent lead at half in any event.
Of course that is the best case scenario and I said that earlier in the thread.

But the likelihood of NE losing at home to Miami is slim. The issue is if we gain the #1 seed at the cost of bumping NE up to the two seed and a bye is it in our best interest. I understand it is all a moot point because we have to win against KC no matter what an that is all we control but I thought it (NE being bumped up to the #2 seed) was an interesting twist to getting the 1 seed.

Did not expect so many personal attacks but when I see who is doing the attacking it's not all that surprising.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:32 PM   #80
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Because if Houston loses and we win and NE wins than not only do we get the #1 seed but NE will have the #2 seed. I rather take the #2 seed and make NE play in the wild card game. If we have to go to Houston so be it. Manning is like 12 & 2 there.
I see where you are coming from, but If Denver is # 1 seed They probably play Ravens and Pats at home. If they are the # two seed they play NE at home and Texans on road.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:37 AM   #81
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I don't think we have much of a shot, I expect Indy to rest their starters next week which should give Houston the easy win.

Indy can't do any better or worse than the fifth seed, they'd be wise to view this as a bye week and focus on getting healthy.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:47 AM   #82
Bacchus

Old 12-24-2012, 12:59 AM   #83
Aftermath
Creep

Broncos | Flyers | Tigers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

stfu
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:03 AM   #84
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Posts like this tell me Baja doesn't understand America, sports, or being cocky and arrogant which we are great at!

Could you imagine Mannings face if a player said I would rather be the 2 seed so we can avoid Pats if possible. Hell no you have to have confidence you can beat anyone!
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:48 AM   #85
Bronco X
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schism View Post
I don't think we have much of a shot, I expect Indy to rest their starters next week which should give Houston the easy win.

Indy can't do any better or worse than the fifth seed, they'd be wise to view this as a bye week and focus on getting healthy.
Don't forget Coach Pagano. If he was sitting out the last week and returning for the playoffs, it wouldn't make a difference, but he's returning this week and will be on the sidelines for the first time since he became ill. That will be a significant emotional factor the Colts and they certainly don't have nothing to play for.

Plus, they are not in the same situation as the Manning Colts of recent memory. They are a young team, inexperienced at the QB position at least, and they are playing against a team that is playing for the #1 seed. I can see them playing for the win both for Coach Pagano and to give them some seasoning playing in games with playoff implications before the real thing starts.
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:34 AM   #86
ghostofjosh

regardless of what happens, it will be either Denver or New England coming out of the AFC and Green Bay or San Fran coming out of the NFC IMO
Old 12-24-2012, 06:50 AM   #87
BroncoFox
Unofficial Cheer******

If I have fleas.. they are happy.

I just don't get why you would root for a game to NOT be in Denver. Who cares what other teams do or don't do? Are we really that scared of NE, that we would be willing to sacrifice a home playoff game just so that NE has to play a wildcard round?

No no no...

I am hoping for #1 seed! I want both games to be in Denver, so teams have to face our crowd! I personally feel homefield means more than NE having to play another game with another team. Did you hear and see the crowd yesterday? How it rumbled?

You'd seriously rather have our team have to travel and play in a hostile stadium? What is wrong with fans these days? We want to play HERE!
BroncoFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:02 AM   #88
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostofjosh View Post
regardless of what happens, it will be either Denver or New England coming out of the AFC and Green Bay or San Fran coming out of the NFC IMO
I think that people are overlooking Atlanta, and they will have HFA for the NFC. While you don't get the feeling that they are peaking they are pretty solid.

SF will have to go on the road if they get past the 5 seed, who is Seattle. And Seattle is really hot, having just put a beat down on them.
I don't think that Seattle can win 3 on the road, but they are the team to worry about the most, and if they play SF in the divisional I think they will win that one.

Minn or Chicago as the 6 are not to be feared, and the NFC East is hot garbage, no matter who it is. Washington is the likely 4th, and can take either of those two, but won't get past round two, at Atlanta.

So that means that Seattle goes to GB for round two.

The winner of that game will go to Atlanta.
ScottXray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:06 AM   #89
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco X View Post
Don't forget Coach Pagano. If he was sitting out the last week and returning for the playoffs, it wouldn't make a difference, but he's returning this week and will be on the sidelines for the first time since he became ill. That will be a significant emotional factor the Colts and they certainly don't have nothing to play for.

Plus, they are not in the same situation as the Manning Colts of recent memory. They are a young team, inexperienced at the QB position at least, and they are playing against a team that is playing for the #1 seed. I can see them playing for the win both for Coach Pagano and to give them some seasoning playing in games with playoff implications before the real thing starts.
Yeah I can't imagine getting shelled by a struggling division rival is the taste they want in their mouth heading into January.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:07 AM   #90
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulamau View Post

The NFL moved these games to afternoon times so that spots aren't locked up before we play
LetsGoBroncos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:07 AM   #91
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBroncos View Post
The NFL moved these games to afternoon times so that spots aren't locked up before we play
Sorry, they moved the NE game
LetsGoBroncos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:32 AM   #92
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Posts like this tell me Baja doesn't understand America, sports, or being cocky and arrogant which we are great at!

Could you imagine Mannings face if a player said I would rather be the 2 seed so we can avoid Pats if possible. Hell no you have to have confidence you can beat anyone!
Some of you people really have me wondering if there isn't some dummy dust being sprayed in the air.

If Houston loses it not only gives the Broncos the #1 seed it also gives the NE Patriots the #2 seed and a bye. Is it worth it to help NE that much is the question. This is not about avoiding the Pats it's about as a Bronco fan wanting the hardest road for them. Beat KC and we will play the Pats, I'd rather not wish them a week of rest before we do it.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:35 AM   #93
BroncoBeavis

If we're the one seed we wouldn't likely see NE until the AFCCG at home. At that point does it really make much difference whether they played a WC game or not?

You always take home field in January if you can get it.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:40 AM   #94
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBroncos View Post
Is that the reason why it was moved? What BS.

Even worse, my area was a shoo-in to get our game, now almost certainly it's gonna be MIA/NE.
winstoncup bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:54 AM   #95
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstoncup bronco View Post
Is that the reason why it was moved? What BS.

Even worse, my area was a shoo-in to get our game, now almost certainly it's gonna be MIA/NE.
I doubt they moved it for that reason.

The schedule for the AFC late games was going to be KC-Denver and SD-Oakland. Out of thsoe I would want to see the KC -Denver more, but the advertisers would not care much for either, and the ratings would be poor.

So they moved the NE-Miami game ( which will probably be a NE rout anyway) but gets to Showcase Tommy Terrific and the Cheatriots.

Better for adverts. It does tick me off...I will be in Hawaii next week, and the Denver game might have been shown there until the NE switch. Guess I'll have to take my laptop and hope to stream it now.
ScottXray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:04 AM   #96
CEH
Ring of Famer

Here's a different slant. It's the AFC Championship game. Denver vs ?

Denver up by 4 with 2:30 left and the other team has the ball and a shot to go to the Super Bowl.

Who do you want to see on the other side, Brady, Flacco , Dalton, Luck or Shaub.

I know the mentality has to be any team any where but pick a QB if you had to . In a league where teams cheat and try anything for an advantage I think it an advantage not to face Brady with the Super Bowl on the line. There is something to be said for playoff harden QBs/coaches

I'm kinda leaning toward playing NE at home on a Saturday night with a week to prepare and not facing a so battle tested QB in the AFCC game
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:06 AM   #97
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

I want the #1 seed if for no other reason than Mrs Bean and I would be likely to make a trip of the AFC Championship game if the Broncos hosted it. We haven't had a chance to make a trip out there since we had the little beans, but this would be perfect.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:39 AM   #98
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
I want the #1 seed if for no other reason than Mrs Bean and I would be likely to make a trip of the AFC Championship game if the Broncos hosted it. We haven't had a chance to make a trip out there since we had the little beans, but this would be perfect.
Now that's a legit reason.

You know even without the #1 seed there is still a better than average chance the AFCC game is still played in Denver. I can see Houston losing their first playoff game to Ravens
Old 12-24-2012, 09:42 AM   #99
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
Here's a different slant. It's the AFC Championship game. Denver vs ?

Denver up by 4 with 2:30 left and the other team has the ball and a shot to go to the Super Bowl.

Who do you want to see on the other side, Brady, Flacco , Dalton, Luck or Shaub.

I know the mentality has to be any team any where but pick a QB if you had to . In a league where teams cheat and try anything for an advantage I think it an advantage not to face Brady with the Super Bowl on the line. There is something to be said for playoff harden QBs/coaches

I'm kinda leaning toward playing NE at home on a Saturday night with a week to prepare and not facing a so battle tested QB in the AFCC game

It seems so simple yet people that think like this are idiots according to way too many posters.

I think it is the way I worded the thread title. If I have titled it "Would be be better off with the #2 seed this might be a way different thread, instead of bashing me maybe people would think about the situation and what would be the best scenario for the Broncos.

Last edited by baja; 12-24-2012 at 09:47 AM..
Old 12-24-2012, 09:45 AM   #100
Mountain Bronco
Ring of Famer

I will take home field throughout and only having to play NE or Houston not both any day of the week.
Mountain Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote