The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2012, 09:15 PM   #601
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Any injuries besides Porter.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:18 AM   #602
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Peyton Manning with a pick! SMH
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:22 AM   #603
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDongJohnson View Post
What are you talking about? We can run the football.
My point isn't a "complaint" or a "sky is falling" declaration. But my point stands. The Broncos are a very good football team. But we don't run the ball very well. The OL frequently struggles to open up holes in the running game. And the numbers bear this out. We're 18th in the league in rushing and average only 3.8 ypc. I'd like to think that with defenses having to key on Manning we'd be a little more successful running the ball. And if we were how unstoppable our already good offense would be. The passing game would be that much more effective. A minor concern of mine going in to the playoffs. May come a time we need the running game to come through for us and I'm not 100% sure it's up to the task.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:09 AM   #604
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
My point isn't a "complaint" or a "sky is falling" declaration. But my point stands. The Broncos are a very good football team. But we don't run the ball very well. The OL frequently struggles to open up holes in the running game. And the numbers bear this out. We're 18th in the league in rushing and average only 3.8 ypc. I'd like to think that with defenses having to key on Manning we'd be a little more successful running the ball. And if we were how unstoppable our already good offense would be. The passing game would be that much more effective. A minor concern of mine going in to the playoffs. May come a time we need the running game to come through for us and I'm not 100% sure it's up to the task.
I think it would be helpful if Denver didn't telegraph 75% of the runs. Manning waves the WR or TE in to block....attack the line of scrimmage...no threat to pass. Those plays are often blown up, which makes the numbers look terrible.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:52 AM   #605
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Excellent point so true. The importance of a running game in the playoffs is magnified. The one player that helped us the most to win two rings was not John Elway it was Terrell Davis.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote