The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2012, 01:16 PM   #51
MagicHef
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Bolden was thrown at 6 times. Primary coverage on those 6 throws: Harris 2, Carter 2, Champ 1, Leonhard 1.
MagicHef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:26 PM   #52
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

DJ Williams and Tony Carter were the only starters benched for the final drive against the Ravens.

Danny Trevathan and Omar Bolden took their place.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:50 PM   #53
Inkana7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Wow this thread just keeps getting worse, and it started pretty terribly.
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:56 PM   #54
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

If you don't like it, don't click on the thread and read it. It's something that I'm interested in, that's why I'm posting about it. Just finished rewatching the game, and added a final update.

You didn't post in this thread to discuss Broncos football, so why post at all?

Last edited by pricejj; 12-19-2012 at 08:03 PM..
Old 12-19-2012, 08:32 PM   #55
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
DJ Williams and Tony Carter were the only starters benched for the final drive against the Ravens.

Danny Trevathan and Omar Bolden took their place.
Champ wasn't on the field too. Was he benched? Nope.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:37 PM   #56
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Carter also struggled a bit in the Raider game. I wish they could get Porter ready to go an insurance. Like Moreno probably always was I see him as one of the best 45 players on the team. They should activate him he will be motivated to play hard as he hits FA soon. Also the CB a boom or bust position. Sometimes because a guy is aggressive he will give some plays up. We all wanted tighter coverage and del rio has given it to us.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:44 PM   #57
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
Champ wasn't on the field too. Was he benched? Nope.
Yes he was.

Von Miller, Derek Wolfe, Chris Harris, Wesley Woodyard, Mike Adams, Rahim Moore, and Elvis Dumervil were on the field too.

Omar Bolden was playing press-man coverage too...which was nice to see.

Last edited by pricejj; 12-19-2012 at 08:48 PM..
Old 12-19-2012, 08:46 PM   #58
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
1. Gave up 43-yard bomb allowing Ravens to drive the length of the field in the last 2 minutes of the 1st half. Chris Harris made a TD saving pick 6 a little later.

2. Allowed the Ravens to pick up a 3rd and 10 in the 3rd quarter, by playing too far back...another Broncos Defender had to make the tackle.

3. Guilty of PI on Anquan Boldin, putting the Ravens in FG range in the 3rd quarter.

4. Was the primary Defender on Pitta's 61 yard TD in the 4th Quarter, missing a crucial sideline tackle.

Brady and the Patriots are licking their chops thinking of all the matchups they can send your way. Don't think you won't be isolated, because you will. It's not a coincidence that Fox is saying Porter will get some snaps this week.

GET YOUR **** TOGETHER CARTER.

Unless Carter is going to grow 5 inches he's going to lose alot of jump balls to 6-2+ sized WRs. Alexander ate him alive as well

1st and 10 at the 35 . 5 yard PI makes it first and 10 at the 29 leading 31-3. A 5 yard penalty on first down is not something to worry over

All CBs will give up a 3rd and 10 even Bailey. Here's a prediction Tom Brady will convert a 3rd and 10 the next time the Pats play the Broncos

I think there was alot of missed tackles on the Pita TD

He's 5'9 and will be picked on. Never goin change that part of his game
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:47 PM   #59
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Yes he was.

Von Miller, Derek Wolfe, Chris Harris, Wesley Woodyard, Mike Adams, Rahim Moore, and Elvis Dumervil were on the field too.
My mistake dude! Thought I read Champ wasn't on the field with other start. Guess that was the Raiders game then.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:57 PM   #60
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
He's 5'9 and will be picked on. Never goin change that part of his game
Chris Harris is 5'9" too. I just wish Carter played with more enthusiasm, like he did when he first got to play after Porter went out.

There was one play where he gave up 10 yards. Harris came off his man to make the tackle past the 1st down marker. Carter tried to give Harris daps for a 'good play', and Harris just ignored him...because it was a play Carter should have made.

It's little things like that (plus the benching at the end of the game), which indicate that Broncos players and Coaches might not be too happy with the guy. They know he can give more effort, and he's just not right now.

Like I said at the start of this thread, I think that's why they are going to start playing Porter again.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:02 PM   #61
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
Thanks for the lame input.

He has shown some good ability this year, but his technique is hurting this team.

Against the Ravens pistol formation, Carter played 74% of the Defensive stats. Chances are, he's headed towards similar PT in the playoffs.

Right now, he's the weakest link on a strong Defense...and we all know how that worked out for Roc Alexander.

The question is, can Carter get it together, or are we going to start seeing a lot more of Porter in Nickel situations? Porter plays pretty far off-man, just like Carter, but is he a better player?
I have to agree that Carters game has slipped, and not just the last game. He has been getting burned by the bigger WRs . He is just a little too short for the 6-4 to 6-6 guys, and they can jump over him, which is where he gets burnt. Harris has been playing better and better.

I think that Porter is going to be worked back into the D for the playoffs, so expect him to get back on the field more the next 2 weeks, and Carter to take the nickle in the playoffs.

Although we have had injuries this year it seems that there has always been someone ready to step up, or step back in after healing up.

Next Man UP!
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 12:03 PM   #62
DENVERDUI55

Well Pricejj deserves some props. Rumor is Porter in over Carter today Foxy and Jackie benching Carter.
Old 12-23-2012, 12:05 PM   #63
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Another terrible price thread.

Brb making Wesley Woodyard call out thread
Actually, it is a great thread since the Broncos deactivated Carter for his poor play. Everyone owes this man an apology.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:51 PM   #64
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Thanks for the props...it doesn't matter much any more though.

Porter's concussion is very concerning for the Broncos. I hope he can come back against the Chiefs...not that he'll get much meaningful practice from that game alone.

I guarantee you, whoever we meet in the playoffs will be heavily targeting the Nickel CB...just like the Browns did today to Bolden.

Porter needs the work, badly.
Old 12-23-2012, 05:56 PM   #65
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Our entire middle is exposed.

We got know push by our DT's....we've got no MLB play worth a turd...and our nickle play is pathetic.

Hopfully, they can figure that out quickly....b/c the Chiefs aren't going to help us any.
Hamrob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:26 PM   #66
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post

We got know push by our DT's....we've got no MLB play worth a turd...and our nickle play is pathetic.

Hopfully, they can figure that out quickly....b/c the Chiefs aren't going to help us any.
This better be sarcasm.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:40 PM   #67
JakeZ01

The 00jack obliviousness in this thread is gold.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:47 PM   #68
swaiy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeZ01 View Post
The 00jack obliviousness in this thread is gold.
He was being sarcastic. I know because he negged me
Old 12-23-2012, 06:51 PM   #69
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Thanks for the props...it doesn't matter much any more though.

Porter's concussion is very concerning for the Broncos. I hope he can come back against the Chiefs...not that he'll get much meaningful practice from that game alone.

I guarantee you, whoever we meet in the playoffs will be heavily targeting the Nickel CB...just like the Browns did today to Bolden.

Porter needs the work, badly.
Porter has a long history of injuries. IIRC, he has not played all 16 games in a season yet, and now gets hurt early in the first game back. He can't be trusted. Best bet is to hope JDR has lit a fire under Carter after the benching.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:51 PM   #70
JakeZ01

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaiy View Post
He was being sarcastic. I know because he negged me
Oh.... Damn. It was killing me.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:26 PM   #71
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
Porter has a long history of injuries. IIRC, he has not played all 16 games in a season yet, and now gets hurt early in the first game back. He can't be trusted. Best bet is to hope JDR has lit a fire under Carter after the benching.
Yeah, you're probably right.

I think that's the only weak spot that would cause the Broncos to lose.

Hope one of them balls out of control in the playoffs...we're gonna need it.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:27 PM   #72
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post

Old 01-30-2013, 07:17 AM   #73
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
GET YOUR **** TOGETHER CARTER.
"Carter, lined up 6 yards off Jones at the snap, was supposed to "jam" Jones before the receiver got through the 5-yard contact zone in order to keep Jones from sprinting up the sideline. If no receiver was in the flat in the shorter area near the sideline Carter was supposed to follow Jones up the sideline after the jam. He did neither."

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...s-nfl-playoffs

Nice one Carter.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:25 AM   #74
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote from Jacoby Jones:

Quote:
"Right before the snap, I knew we would look there. I saw an opening. When (Broncos cornerback Tony Carter) didn't jam me and I got by him, it was over with."
Read more: Ravens WR Jacoby Jones said he "knew" he would shock Broncos - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...#ixzz2JTNRib4k
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:55 AM   #75
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
"Carter, lined up 6 yards off Jones at the snap, was supposed to "jam" Jones before the receiver got through the 5-yard contact zone in order to keep Jones from sprinting up the sideline. If no receiver was in the flat in the shorter area near the sideline Carter was supposed to follow Jones up the sideline after the jam. He did neither."

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...s-nfl-playoffs

Nice one Carter.
Highly doubtful.

44 seconds on the clock, protecting a score on the opponents 30 yard line is NOT a jam situation.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote